The New FIFA (not by EA)

Its going to be Konami isn't it (shuddering)

But logically it should be, the game is ready made for e-football across various devices, has a fanbase already, developers already know how to compete against EA, has long term investment in place, etc

We will be back to Konami and EA dominating the football market in no time like nothing ever changed. Yay! sarcastically lol

I wouldn't take Infantino's description of a game - and one that hasn't even been made yet - as any kind of indicator as to what the game will be like. He will know nothing about it, or its production.

I just highlighted his description because I thought it was funny to see more confirmation that FIFA is an out-of-touch dinosaur of an organisation, and Infantino too.

That said, I do think it'll likely be a simpler game and that they'll target kids as a priority - especially considering they're starting from scratch.

Those saying Konami should get the license, or even more insane, that the old developers should be headhunted... Please stop living in a fantasy world. Nobody (outside of some indie developer) is interested in making a footballing masterpiece. They're interested in making money.

eFootball is making money. They demolished PES with the sole aim of making the cheapest-to-make football game possible, to make the maximum amount of profit. The world's most expensive football isn't something they'd be interested in. PES is dead. Get an emulator, have a blast and just hope that 2K see some kind of opportunity with the FIFA license and decide to make an actual football game (and then prepare to be heartbroken when the Candy Crush publisher buys the license and makes some absolute abomination).

Infantino and his Fifa mafia sucks!

When I read "eGame" I could spell in all 4 corners in my apartment around. For whom? For eGirls and eBoys with the eMoney from eParents?

Hey eFifa, put your eGame in a place where the sun isn't shining. 🖕

"egame from girls and boy", that sentence killed me
I don't have an idea if it's an old man who try to talk like a (very) young guy, someone living in Teletubbies world or a very addicted Amnesia smoker.

"egame" word should be banned and people pronouncing that word should have a police fine instantly

Plus : "best (e)game for X young people" (means in the world), he's saying that like if it was always the case, very far from it but well it's the "e-game", a bit like rap game but in more ridiculous, and he's promoting. Nothing abnormal from a guy who don't know what's he's talking about and try to talk youth with a big fail in only 5 or 6 words.

No joke, i'm curious which company brought Fifa, or the opposite (Fifa investement on i don't know, Capcom or 2K).
One thing i/we really don't know, except owning the name brand, what it can bring with it in terms of licences, or even balls, brands (Fifa got tons of ballls shoes brands of all kind on the EA catalog, perhaps it's linked)

Last edited:
One thing i/we really don't know, except owning the name brand, what it can bring with it in terms of licences, or even balls, brands (Fifa got tons of ballls shoes brands of all kind on the EA catalog, perhaps it's linked)

Except for the World Cup licenses and name there are no licenses connected to FIFA. Players are under Fifpro. Leagues have their own licensing and all brands like shoes or balls have their own licensing. So basically you pay a lot to have the FIFA Name and license to the World Cup.

And what you get for it is having to deal with FIFA which means as the main name license they can have Veto rights on the things you want to do in game. Want a crowd interaction they don't like to see: veto by FIFA. Want a brand in it that they don't think fits them: veto by FIFA.

It will be a new better football application to get more money from girls and boys. Are there still any idiots waiting a real simulator of real football? Ha - ha!

Can they just please release FIFA World Cup 2022 game with all the teams available throughout the world and with graphics and gameplay at least as good as 2006 FIFA World Cup? Is that too much to ask for?

Maybe its a roooom for 2k sports?
It always was…

…at least I thought so. Not gonna happen, imo.

one other thought though… because it’s all about the money, i could think of 2k watching the scene. How would a none licensed EA Titel hold up next year… how could they participate… just spitballing here. 🤷‍♂️

not sure if i should laugh at these jokes or just cry for what football games became
i think we will never have a realistic football game anymore.
it will be a mix of licenses and unlockable flip-flops
with the same ping-pong gameplay

Has Sports Interactive had any conversations with FIFA about that freshly available licence?

"So if we had had conversations with them, I wouldn't be able to talk about them," Jacobson said. "But we're not in the business of making action games," he explained - with "action games" here referring to the controllable action of games like EA's FIFA and Konami's Pro Evolution or eFootball. "That doesn't mean that we won't, or couldn't be in the future," Jacobson continued, "but if you look at FM and you look at our match engine, we are a simulation of football, we're not an arcade version of football. So I can't imagine people wanting to sit there and play in 90 minute matches, which they would need to do in our engine - whereas in some of the other football titles, if you play the 90 minute match, imagine what the scoreline's gonna be right? So our engine in Football Manager is just not suited to be an action game."

https://www.eurogamer.net/the-future-of-football-manager

All I really hope for is that whoever buys the FIFA license can release something in a stable state, with a physical copy available, and offline modes for people to play against a decent and competently programmed AI, alongside options to make things like passing and match tempo/speed more realistic and balanced for those that prefer it, also proper foot planting and lack of a ice skating feel like FIFA's had for a few years now, mostly since Frostbite's introduction in 2017. An editor is a must too... I just hope I can play some realistic/cadenced football with my dear Coritiba F.C. on custom cups, preferably with my custom kits too.

Attachments

• Cross.jpeg
    Cross.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 14
  • Header.jpeg
    Header.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 14
It always was…

…at least I thought so. Not gonna happen, imo.

one other thought though… because it’s all about the money, i could think of 2k watching the scene. How would a none licensed EA Titel hold up next year… how could they participate… just spitballing here. 🤷‍♂️

To be fair, the only license that EA will be missing is the FIFA one, which doesn't really give you that much. It's still very much "the" licensed game.

Back
Top Bottom