The Master League adventures thread

How about these master league modes?
This thread has been quit for some time now...

I keep playing it a lot and I really enjoy it!
I´m just too lazy to write all of it down and provide videos...making a story etc...
Kudos, to those doing that!

Opinions differ though....some find it dull and boring....I can understand that.
To me though, it´s okay. It could have more depth, no doubt.
But since I always pick a weak 2nd division team, trying to bring it to the first league and through all tournaments with new players etc, with this year´s injury and fatigue system and the new gameplay patch, I really have fun playing the ML.

Yep, it´s my favourite mode too. Even though I never find the time to tell my story here, I come here often to read the adventures.
Anyway, this is something that didn´t happen in a long time. I´m always thinking in starting a ML career, but I´ve been stuk on friendlies and cup modes to test the game and dificulty levels. It´s been a week and about 50 matches and I still haven´t started lol. I just say "Ok just one more", but we know the result don´t we?

This morning I was set to start the mode, but only after one more Cup match. I won both hands on pro so I ramped it up to Top Player, and played one more against Milan, semi finals. 2-2 on another diferent match. 3 goals on the last 5 minutes. Maybe I´ll stay on Top Player now, has I´m getting used to the defensive techniques, and finally start my master league.

Might go out on uncharted Territory later on,I'm seriously thinking of doing a ML with Boca Juniors or River Plate.
I'm always playing Serie A,but this year with no D2 leagues (even though I've swopped PL& the championship for Serie A and B,it gets a bit weird.
So Argentina or maybe Ligue 1.

Started a ML in Argentina,with Boca Juniors.
Gameplay is very different to what I'm used to,only playing Serie A etc.
Much more direct,and very physical.
First game, Argentine Supercup.
Of course Vs River Plate...
Went 1-0 down quickly,a howler that I didn't see coming at all.
Matters became worse when I got a man sent off in the 35th Min.
But clawed my way back with a Tevez goal.
Then 1-2 and 2-2.
Final minutes I managed to score a winner to.
First trophy in.

It's different for real Vs European leagues,much more pace,more shooting,and defensive line isn't as tight as when playing in Serie A.
Enjoying it,even though my TS is at 69.
2nd game was a 2-2 draw Vs Rosario Central,a game that I should have won, dominated it completely,but TS did it's magic...
Good fun though
IMG_20181111_022142.jpg
No pyro No party!

Last edited:
In a dream fairy tail story for the port city of Hull and for English football alike, mexican investors (billionaire mezcal producers) have decided to buy Hull City FC and inject serious money to try to get into the Premier League and compete in Europe.

They have already made quite an introduction by appointing -le professeur- Arséne Wenger who has a legend status in recent English & World football.
The French coach is well known for discovering and developing young players and for displaying attractive attacking football, this are great news for the Championship fans.

arsene-wenger-confused-why-alexi.jpg

Arséne, who was on a brief 6 month hiatus after leading Arsenal for 22 uninterrupted years, was presented in a press conference at the KCOM stadium this morning.
The new coach and the new owners were pleased with the surprise on the press conference and showed the new team uniforms including new sponsors for the team.
They also revealed that they will keep the base of players and to the best of them and may be able to get a few youg additions to the club.

New uniforms:

Pbi1wLp.png
Home
a62z9L8.png
Away
WxhTnOm.png
Third
beEMnEC.jpg
Special edition
PwBoWOv.png
Keeper

Certainly great times are expected and hopefully the team will have enough time to prepare for the incoming International Champions Cup games before kickoff the season!

Last edited:
Hi,I would like to know if there is a way to edit the Market value for the player in Master League? Some players have the unrealiste transfer fees, is there a tool we can modify it?

Going to get back into this, been playing a few other games now they're out the way back on this.

Think I've made my rivals too strong, Banville are 12 pts ahead at half way point, I'm second. But they have darn near 100% record.

FD

I really enjoy ML. Picked villa at random. Started at proffesional level using advanced tactics but was getting hammered. Switched down to regular and simple tactics and got up to 3rd . Now back on proffesional and bearing lower teams and either way against to 7. Just lost two to teams around me. Really enjoy it though

Can someone tell me how transfers are in ML? I sold my copy after 2 week and with the new data pack I wanna know if ML still broke.

Can someone tell me how transfers are in ML? I sold my copy after 2 week and with the new data pack I wanna know if ML still broke.
Pre dlc3.0 English clubs were fixed,Chinese were infected by the transfers bug.Dont know the current state after today’s patch

Pre dlc3.0 English clubs were fixed,Chinese were infected by the transfers bug.Dont know the current state after today’s patch

Thanks mate... But i've saw a picture here from a guy traning Betis and bought Pulisic and Rashford, this is so ridiculous, I cant play this shit

Thanks mate... But i've saw a picture here from a guy traning Betis and bought Pulisic and Rashford, this is so ridiculous, I cant play this shit
Ah now I got.You talk about human player.There it is as it is all time.You can loan an Mbappe in a D2 team in challenge mode up until TopPlayer at least.For Supastar and Legend level I don’t know as I haven’t try.But for the. Rest it is the same as you described.

I need to ask a stupid question unfortunately: I am not sure what nationality I have chosen for my manager profile; is there way to check this within the Master League menu, as I would like to guide my national team.

Thanks to everyone who is willing to assist!

Enjoy PES!

Going to get back into this, been playing a few other games now they're out the way back on this.

Think I've made my rivals too strong, Banville are 12 pts ahead at half way point, I'm second. But they have darn near 100% record.

FD

Not sure how I did it, but managed to win the league, the wheels came off Banville who dropped countless points, actually won it in 2nd last game, thankfully as I lost my last game and won it by 1 point.

Paolo Roberto my teenage striker won SA POTY. Also had won the Brazilian Cup.

Now started my new season in the Cup so far easily dispatched Vasco 7-1 on agg.

Also won my International Champions Cup, quite an easy group, also found a couple of players from V. Kobe from Japan I think, got Talisca on loan and their goalie J. Musso (Arg) who was quite sensational in the 1-1 draw I had with them.

Not got much money at the mo, so got a few loan players (2 I've just mentioned) Paolo Vitor, Hernani, Okosun (2nd season) Nkuna (PSG), Koulibay (Nantes). Picked up likes of few frees such as Sandler, Asante, Cunha, Tapia. So half decent squad now. Obviously still have Ronaldinho.

FD

Inspired by TTB I decided to start an ML with United on Superstar (on the PC) and it‘s truly a pain in the arse even though I am doing quite well. Bought Douglas Costa, Sterling and Benatia, hilight after 10 games is an away win at Stamford Bridge 3-1. Only lost one so far, PSG in the second CL group match.

Sadly, how this plays at this stage, it has little to do with how things look in TTB‘s videos and it has also almost nothing to do with football. Like I said elsewhere, I am trying to look at it as a game, not a simulation. It‘s still difficult to keep your calm, though, when you are repeatedly outplayed by the star team of Huddersfield.

If anyone has some good tactical suggestions, please let me know. I want to mainly avoid that my wing backs are constantly pulled out by the cheap 1-2 trick (back then lobbed through ball) which the AI loves so much and I am looking for some settings that put a bit more pressure on their box, mainly that I am not always outnumbered in attack.

How anyone can enjoy this in its current state is beyond me to be honest. I enjoyed it immensely in the beginning without mods and everything vanilla. After the latest patch it just turned to dog shit, using incas gameplay mods or not. It doesn't matter as sooner or later, the script takes over. As another posted stater I too cannot get through a game without rage quitting. Or as I call it now: indifferent-quitting. Handling the ball still feels good but that is about it. Constantly fighting a script where stats, team- and player individuality do not matter one bit is not fun to me. Every. single. fucking. goal I concede in ML is straight nonsense and cheated to the gills.

There are numerous examples, I cant be arsed to list them anymore. Game just turned into PES18 overnight which is a big no-no for me. SO I switched to FIFA and while it feels more flat in general and I dislike no-fouls and the ball physics, at least it is a complete experience and doesn't have me pulling my hair out and quitting a match midway each and every time. Just for "fun" I tried another PES game just now after about 2 weeks off it, and again I just couldn't manage ONE match. Not one. I'll admit I'm currently predisposed to not liking it so that certainly isn't helping. But still. Carefully crafting chances only for the superhuman keeper to keep out every effort, defenders effortlessly pinging balls foward, 60OPR wingers chesting them down and ramming them in the top corner each and every time.

NO thanks Konami. You can keep this to yourself. And good luck with at least one less "nagging" customer to deal with next year. I'm not bothering with this anymore. SUch a shame as there is SO much potential, I really though they were on the right track on release barring the low-cross nonsense. I wish they would've just fixed that and just left it at that. I don't remember anyone asking for superhuman cheating AI and a non-functional ML.

I've been playing on Professional difficulty, PA1, advanced through balls and some manual edits to both the User and CPU's lineup positioning. Makes for a tighter midfield, and Pro difficulty is not as clinical or super in-sync like it is on TP/SS.

Here's Episode 2 of my Master League, which shows some of the gameplay:

OMG, I just scored a header from a Thiago corner with Smalling, and that in the Manchester Derby on Superstar! This is probably the third header I was able to connect to in this game since October and the first one that went in.

First time since years with this game that I jumped out of my seat. Game ended 2-2 (I was up 2-0 but the AI didn't want to let me win). Enjoyment is back.

I just wish someone would have told me earlier that this is actually not so much a football simulation but more an RPG with football elements. Thiago corner kick trait 87 + Smalling header trait 86 = Goal! It's like mixing potions in Skyrim ;)

Back
Top Bottom