The Master League adventures thread

Dear journal,

A win, at last! The only goal of the match has been a huge gift by one of their defenders but hey, who am I to refuse that?
Reviewing the match on TV while going back home I noticed the cameras lingering a lot on Lucas Cazals before kickoff. Indeed he's the player who's growing the most and it's no surprise that it's him who won the ball from a defender of theirs and smashed it ruthlessly past the keeper. Nothing personal baby, it's only business.
He also tried to make it 2-0 in the second half with a powerful effort from outside, not with the same luck unfortunately:

To be honest, though, there's a player I owe a huge thank you tonight and it's Devecchi. His wonder save to keep it 0-0 early in the match is worth watching over and over again. Great stuff.

Now I would really like to have a vodka or two to celebrate dear journal, but I decided I'm keeping sober from now on... Or at least I'll try, until I meet Santi again I guess.

Gavin​
Great win,great goal by grande Lucas!
On your way up now my friend

Sampdoria doing ok lately ..winning more than last season. .although I suspect another relegation dogfight is on the cards . ..Sampdoria v Bari.

Great to see you win... Loved the 1-0 goal, I can't score from crosses to save my life, let alone do those tricks in the air. :LMAO:
It looks like you keep conceding after your goalkeeper's deflections though... I agree that if things keep going like that it's going to be another tough season.

Dear journal,

is this fair? We got robbed, and to add insult to injury I got sent off and I'll miss the next PLA match against Nuerrujiyo.
José Sarda got a goal disallowed for absolutely nothing. They said it was an offside but I don't believe a single word of it.
Long story short, the fourth official indeed frowned at me when I shouted "Eat that bloody whistle, you dumbass" but hey, he didn't say anything so I assumed he didn't really understand English... Was I wrong?
They scored late in the second half, and when Sarda scored the equalizer I couldn't hold back.
"It stands! It stands, motherfucker! Disallow this now!"
The fourth official called the referee near, they then turned to me and asked me to leave the bench. Utterly, utterly unfair.
On top of that, we also managed to concede the second goal in the stoppage time. What an awful luck.

I don't know what to say dear journal, I would kill the referee and the fourth official if I had them here now. Bloody idiots.

Gavin​

Sampdoria doing ok lately ..winning more than last season. .although I suspect another relegation dogfight is on the cards . ..Sampdoria v Bari.

Man.tight game in the end,your 2-1 goal.....spectacoloro as Fabio Carenza would have said.
Nice to see you back in the winning saddle agin

Dear journal,

is this fair? We got robbed, and to add insult to injury I got sent off and I'll miss the next PLA match against Nuerrujiyo.
José Sarda got a goal disallowed for absolutely nothing. They said it was an offside but I don't believe a single word of it.
Long story short, the fourth official indeed frowned at me when I shouted "Eat that bloody whistle, you dumbass" but hey, he didn't say anything so I assumed he didn't really understand English... Was I wrong?
They scored late in the second half, and when Sarda scored the equalizer I couldn't hold back.
"It stands! It stands, motherfucker! Disallow this now!"
The fourth official called the referee near, they then turned to me and asked me to leave the bench. Utterly, utterly unfair.
On top of that, we also managed to concede the second goal in the stoppage time. What an awful luck.

I don't know what to say dear journal, I would kill the referee and the fourth official if I had them here now. Bloody idiots.

Gavin​
Crap...in extra time as well!
Rough night aLe.
You'll bounce back though

Fiorentina at home,game 13 in Serie A.
A Fiorentina that looks hard to beat,in 2nd place with only one loss so far.
Game started off frantic,I created as you'll see,four chances that should have been goals with in the first two minutes.
Yep,Rocko came out to play to nite.

One other detail,my striker gets the ball out on the right,and moves into the pitch having a defender trying to strip him off the ball.
The detail is the move my striker does,a little change of direction,with a quick acceleration to it,absolutely magnificent
Since I've started playing on game speed 0 things like that are doable,love making little moves like that
Can't remember enjoying this game this much before,absolutely love it,especially on his game speed

So Ac Milan vs Fiorentina
Prego!

Next game is the derby vs Internazionale,and I think I need a lie down before that
So I'll get back to you u guys tmw on that one

Fiorentina at home,game 13 in Serie A.
A Fiorentina that looks hard to beat,in 2nd place with only one loss so far.
Game started off frantic,I created as you'll see,four chances that should have been goals with in the first two minutes.

One other detail,my striker gets the ball out on the right,and moves into the pitch having a defender trying to strip him off the ball.
The detail is the move my striker does,a little change of direction,with a quick acceleration to it,absolutely magnificent
Since I've started playing on game speed 0 things like that are doable,love making little moves like that
Can't remember enjoying this game this much before,absolutely love it,especially on his game speed

So Ac Milan vs Fiorentina
Prego!

Next game is the derby vs Internazionale,and I think I need a lie down before that
So I'll get back to you u guys tmw on that one

Great stuff Rock. . a lie down? Lol . . .I often try that little turn and acceleration, it leaves players for dead . .well done beating Fiorentina. .they can be difficult.

Sampdoria are on a good run lately. . hopefully not a false dawn. .we have beaten Fiorentina 0-1 and drawn with Juventus away 1-1 after holding the lead for most of the match. . now we face Roma away, the league leaders. .. can we get something from this game.

I've just conceded a goal very similar to the first chance you had in this match (the keeper deflecting the first shot with a miracle, but in my case he was unable to do anything on the rebound)... It looks like these chances happen way too often honestly. Great match anyway, nice to see you win again.
On a different note: it looks like everyone is very proficient in scoring from crosses... Am I the only one who cannot score from a cross to save his life apparently?

Good luck with the derby... IO NON HO CUGINI.

Last edited:
Sampdoria are on a good run lately. . hopefully not a false dawn. .we have beaten Fiorentina 0-1 and drawn with Juventus away 1-1 after holding the lead for most of the match. . now we face Roma away, the league leaders. .. can we get something from this game.
What a great resutl against Roma!
It hurts a little when you draw knowing you've been ahead twice but hey, against Roma it's still a huge result. Also liked both of your goals, once again it looks like I'm the only one unable to score from crosses. :LOL:

I've just conceded a goal very similar to the first chance you had in this match (the keeper deflecting the first shot with a miracle, but in my case he was unable to do anything on the rebound)... It looks like these chances happen way too often honestly. Great match anyway, nice to see you win again.
On a different note: it looks like everyone is very proficient in scoring from crosses... Am I the only one who cannot score from a cross to save his life apparently?

Good luck with the derby... IO NON HO CUGINI.
Yeah crosses are effective,had trouble scoring on them first time around with Pes 17
Thanx aLe,will beat the cousins

It's called Early Cross :D It's almost too easy sometimes.

I also have one consistent trick to score from corners, but really can't put it in words - I'll try. Aim at 5 meters line, select Dash strategy, analog up, 70% power, most of the time you get clear header on goal that actually doesn't comically goes wide I mean it's magic you can actually score o_O

It's almost as if you need perfect cross to score a header, hence trick above for corners, and Early Cross which just works often.

Just my 0.03€. :D

So derby vs Inter.
To pissed off to put together a video for it.
They scored on their first attack,directly from kick off,took em 30 seconds.
And I never recovered from that,I also had to play a lot of subs due to fatigue and bad form.
They scored 2-0 on a counterattack early second,my defenders were a bit allergic to the ball I guess
Game ended 3-0 Inter after I spent the last 15 min of the game trying to hack down their star players
They carried Icarardi/peresic/Nagatomo out with injuries,got rewarded with two red cards for my trouble,totally worth it
If you can't beat them.....beat them
No excuses just a shit game.
Shot count Inter 20 (13) me 4 (2)
Bounced back the game after by beating Udinese 2-0,and next game is RB Leipzig in my final EL group stage game
I f...ing hate Inter

They scored on their first attack,directly from kick off,took em 30 seconds.
That happened to me very, very often in 2016. Only occasionally in 2017, but it was an instant turn-off for me. Especially when I literally turned it off, restarted the game and the same thing happened again (and I mean, repeatedly)... God damn scripting.

Sorry, Rock. Hope you don't get that again for a while...

Next game RB Leipzig
Where I need a draw to get through to the last 32 of the EL
And I did,game 2-1.
A few things that starts to bug me,having 70-30 % possesion,and out shooting the CPU 22-3
I should be able to score more,especially when the CPU defends horrible,feels like it's some limitation to what you really can do at times,hard to put my finger on it.

Second thing,scoring variation,not that much differnce in how I score goals,pretty much the same 3-4 different goals happening.
This needs to be addressed in 18, gets kinda boring after a while
And how the CPU always plays through your mf.
Last thing,not being able to close down games,either by defending and keeping possesion,or as I described firstly,out score them.
Always a nailbiter
But I'm through to the next round vs Feyenoord

That happened to me very, very often in 2016. Only occasionally in 2017, but it was an instant turn-off for me. Especially when I literally turned it off, restarted the game and the same thing happened again (and I mean, repeatedly)... God damn scripting.

Sorry, Rock. Hope you don't get that again for a while...
thanx Chris,yeah 16 was a nightmare with goals like that,hasn't happend that frequently this time around for me,perhaps it's because I'm on TP instead of SS.
My main issue right now is finding the variation and the joy of having very different games,it's nott really there,same kinda goals scored be me over and over again.
Getting a tad boring,even if I enjoy it,it gets very robotic that way.
And reading your posts on the other game,let's hope for a looser and more eventful Pes 18,can't really go back to a equally stiff FIFA

My main issue right now is finding the variation and the joy of having very different games,it's nott really there,same kinda goals scored be me over and over again.
Getting a tad boring,even if I enjoy it,it gets very robotic that way.
I feel the same as you on this. Particularly from a longer session, although I appreciate there can be a variety of games and goals, I feel that I keep experiencing the same ones again and again.

I feel the same as you on this. Particularly from a longer session, although I appreciate there can be a variety of games and goals, I feel that I keep experiencing the same ones again and again.
Yeah,it gets to you after a while,playing two-three games in a row,and I sometimes can't remember the first one.
But then again,you'll have a spectacular game the next one.
Wish I could score in more ways,quick step to the side and a curled shot top far corner,doesn't really happend,80% cross/header/volley/flick and in

Good game,you've seems to vary your scoring quite a lot,been having dull games of late.
To bad you didn't get all the points there

Got two games in one here,first one vs sassuolo,they were a man short for a big part of he game,and then Roma.
Been having very boring games lately,the one against Roma was one of my better.
17 games played,4th place at the moment

Good game,you've seems to vary your scoring quite a lot,been having dull games of late.
To bad you didn't get all the points there

Sometimes I get a run of stale matches as well, I've drawn six of the last eight matches Rock. . next match up is the first of the second half of the season with a couple of new signings. . .. Ruiz an AMF looks decent ... Torino v Sampdoria

Got two games in one here,first one vs sassuolo,they were a man short for a big part of he game,and then Roma.
Been having very boring games lately,the one against Roma was one of my better.
17 games played,4th place at the moment

You were unlucky in the first game . .great header for the first goal in the next match and what a freekick . .great to see the keeper glued to the spot . .great win.

You were unlucky in the first game . .great header for the first goal in the next match and what a freekick . .great to see the keeper glued to the spot . .great win.
Thanx brother,yeah felt good to blow a team off the pitch with a couple of goals.
First game was actually fun,kept pressing and creating,but was unlucky not to grab a win.
Those games happends,and I like having them every now and then.
Palermo away next,probably have a nightmare there.
Hang in there Dec

Back
Top Bottom