The Master League adventures thread

Glad to see you defeat both Pescara (struggling maybe more than expected) and Napoli (well done!)
That Pescara penalty at the beginning though... Maybe that's what @Deco was talking about.
A throw in, a cross that gets deflected so it could reach the forward, then the forward going down when dispossessed (indeed you tackled him from behind: if we only analyzed the tackle, the penalty could look legit). These are the moments I hate about this game. I had to start playing on Professional to have balanced matches, as on both Top Player and (even more) Superstar I would only get battered day in, day out... Totally different than in exhibition where I consistently win on Top Player and often put up a fight on Superstar.

Ale, some matches especially on Superstar are predetermined . .the script in ML has a story written out for you ..on Superstar the first 3 seasons are difficult and then things pick up in the 4th season .. it doesn't matter how good of a player you are if the A.I has you down as getting beaten it will happen. . .lots of signs to look out for. .if you score unexpectedly in a match the A.I will score straight away after kickoff to bring it back to where it's supposed to be .. . the A.I playing faster than you, getting to every loose ball before you . . .your own teams stats seem to have been lowered as your fast players run like they're drugged. .you will have great success on Professional and Top Player, they are both very enjoyable to play but you can end up thrashing teams by 5 or 6 goals which kills it for me . .it's Superstar where the serious scripting happens.

probably the order of the post create confusion, i've said that agree with the point of rockstrongo , if we have the possession we can avoid or at least moderate a bit the momentum or the scripted session. but for sure there are scripted part of any ML match (so i'm agree also with you), where the match being harder, also the speed change, you get more cornered and often you get punished. Sorry english is not my mother language so sometime i could also misundertand or wrong something...
About beat them in my opinion you can, and sometime happen, i know that you are a serial player :) and i trust you, but again i mean at professional in ML, i talked about superstar just in exhibition where is more easy play , if not in ML is a nightmare for me with manual passing... with assisted pass or basic shot imo is not the same game, but only an arcade version that i don't wanna play
Anyway peace and love guys

I understand you Kilay . . it's all cool buddy ..keep up the great work with the tactics and formations.

Sorry misread that,yeah,I remember SS manual,that's horrible,especially when playing a ML lineup with low TS.
I'm playing TP/SS with manual passing only,and I started off with a TS of 76.
So I think my game plays a bit more "less scripted"
Sorry for reacting wrong mate,it's late and I'm tired as fuck brother.
Start posting your great games again man.youve had a few killer games

No probs Rock we all have to let off a bit of steam now and again ha ha , sure I cause my own problems by playing SS manual what do I expect? Keep putting your vids up buddy love watching them. . take it easy bud.

I have a nice compilation of videos on my ML PES 2017 planned where I am going to show you 4 matches against Chelsea(which all 4 of them won by more than 3 goals) and 4 matches against the relegated sides(which all 4 of them I either lose or drew). PES 2017 Team Spirit is inverted and broken.

Looking forward to those vids Topaz.

if you score unexpectedly in a match the A.I will score straight away after kickoff to bring it back to where it's supposed to be .. .
I've just had a moment like that (to be featured in one of the upcoming videos)... I managed to score the equalizer at minute 89 or so, they scored straight after to make it 2-1... Very FIFAish feeling if I'm allowed to say so. The difficulty was Professional so it might also not be the CPU that tried to screw me...

The difference with FIFA is that in this case I have the feeling I did something wrong, even if I can't really put my finger on it at the moment.

I've just had a moment like that (to be featured in one of the upcoming videos)... I managed to score the equalizer at minute 89 or so, they scored straight after to make it 2-1... Very FIFAish feeling if I'm allowed to say so. The difficulty was Professional so it might also not be the CPU that tried to screw me...

The difference with FIFA is that in this case I have the feeling I did something wrong, even if I can't really put my finger on it at the moment.

Let's have a look at it.

Glad to see you defeat both Pescara (struggling maybe more than expected) and Napoli (well done!)
That Pescara penalty at the beginning though... Maybe that's what @Deco was talking about.
A throw in, a cross that gets deflected so it could reach the forward, then the forward going down when dispossessed (indeed you tackled him from behind: if we only analyzed the tackle, the penalty could look legit). These are the moments I hate about this game. I had to start playing on Professional to have balanced matches, as on both Top Player and (even more) Superstar I would only get battered day in, day out... Totally different than in exhibition where I consistently win on Top Player and often put up a fight on Superstar.
Thanx pal.yeah the CPU works in mysterious ways sometimes,haven't had the old scripting yet,the one that ruined 16 for me,you know the throughball and boom you're loosing.
But little things,not getting freekicks,CPU defending like crazy and always has a toe or a leg in the way to stop your scroring.
Or in my mind,the worst,when you pressure them down by the corner flag,and they always come out with the ball.
But I'll take that,the game is so good in other ways.
Playing top player right now,manual passing game speed 0, and it's a bit fast,but I love how the good players stand out.
Used to play SS,but that feels way to strict,kinda like Leg on FIFA (which I play) CPU hardly makes a mistake.
Agree with you on proffesional,probably the best difficulty,I played on it last time around,and it has the best gameplay,no contest

No probs Rock we all have to let off a bit of steam now and again ha ha , sure I cause my own problems by playing SS manual what do I expect? Keep putting your vids up buddy love watching them. . take it easy bud.
Yeah and with ML lineup having TS at 30-40 I would last about three games before taking poison.
That's hardcore mate.
Same to you,get yer vids up always a pleasure watching them

Dear journal,

you've seen me angry many times but now I'm, like, fuming. You can't understand how many chances we managed to throw away tonight: thrown to waste, down the drain, feel bloody free to choose how to say it... We've been absolutely perfect at the back, with Devecchi not having to perform a single save, but we really managed to miss everything upfront so the match ended in a dull 0-0 draw that doesn't make us happy at all, while I bet that they spent all the bloody night celebrating like no tomorrow.
Have a look yourself dear journal, some of those misses are fucking unbelievable:

Now I have to go dear journal, I have some scolding to do: someone will be dressed down pretty badly soon. Cabrejo, I'm looking at you. :NONO:

Gavin​

Let's have a look at it.
Here it is (sorry if it's raw but I haven't edited the video for that match yet so it's... You got it, raw footage).

As I said earlier, I feel I've done something wrong... Apart from misplacing the pass with Usandizaga straight after winning the ball from them (I mean, that alone is almost unforgivable. I know that had I cleared the ball in row Z the match would've likely ended 1-1 but I have the bad habit of passing my way out of danger).
I freaked out and started running at them instead of containing them, panicking in the attempt to win the ball back, but the things that I didn't like are basically two:
  • The CPU magically entering beast mode: they started to string together several perfect passes (thing that had hardly happened for all the match) and they looked like they knew when I would commit for the tackle, as they started avoiding my attempts with ease.
  • Usandizaga completely not caring about Codax for half a second when I get to control him. He was glued to his opponent, I moved the cursor to him and boom, he stops for a split second allowing Codax to win the space he needs to knock the ball past Devecchi.
Then, seeing the video again, I understand that I could've made Devecchi rush out earlier... Another fault.

Despite the situation, that's what I like of PES over FIFA: often when you concede (especially when you're not playing on Superstar level) you feel like it's you who did something wrong and, in this case, it's somehow a proper claim. The CPU actually decided to up their game big time to score the 2-1, but I basically allowed them to do it.

Here it is (sorry if it's raw but I haven't edited the video for that match yet so it's... You got it, raw footage).

As I said earlier, I feel I've done something wrong... Apart from misplacing the pass with Usandizaga straight after winning the ball from them (I mean, that alone is almost unforgivable. I know that had I cleared the ball in row Z the match would've likely ended 1-1 but I have the bad habit of passing my way out of danger).
I freaked out and started running at them instead of containing them, panicking in the attempt to win the ball back, but the things that I didn't like are basically two:
  • The CPU magically entering beast mode: they started to string together several perfect passes (thing that had hardly happened for all the match) and they looked like they knew when I would commit for the tackle, as they started avoiding my attempts with ease.
  • Usandizaga completely not caring about Codax for half a second when I get to control him. He was glued to his opponent, I moved the cursor to him and boom, he stops for a split second allowing Codax to win the space he needs to knock the ball past Devecchi.
Then, seeing the video again, I understand that I could've made Devecchi rush out earlier... Another fault.

Despite the situation, that's what I like of PES over FIFA: often when you concede (especially when you're not playing on Superstar level) you feel like it's you who did something wrong and, in this case, it's somehow a proper claim. The CPU actually decided to up their game big time to score the 2-1, but I basically allowed them to do it.

I know you don't want to know about scripting but in my view whether you made a mistake or not they would have dispossessed you at some point and scored . ..it was an unusual goal . .there's not much you could have done to stop it.

Last night Lazio at home 5-1, strange game,pacey and direct.
And just now Cagliari at home 1-0 a hard fought win,should have won it with at least 2 goals,but I'll take any win
5th straight league win.
Next stop Crotone away,guess that will prove a tough contest.

A very good match this one between two struggling sides. . both of them needing a win. ..the first goal is an embarrassing fluke . .. anyhoo. . Atalanta v Sampdoria.
Poor Atalanta! :(
Loved the second goal honestly: that long pass over the top... Sweet, absolutely sweet. :APPLAUD:

Updated my game with the latest PTE patch, also added some new stadiums to be showcased to finish out the 2nd year.
What a risk against Brighton at minute 16... You see, I thought you were never going to equalize there. Well done! And seeing how the match went, well done also keeping a clean sheet against WBA. :TU:
By the way, I like the camera you use when playing. It looks really good.

What a risk against Brighton at minute 16... You see, I thought you were never going to equalize there. Well done! And seeing how the match went, well done also keeping a clean sheet against WBA. :TU:
By the way, I like the camera you use when playing. It looks really good.

Thanks, it was always going to be difficult playing the top 2 in the league right at the midpoint of the season but grabbing a point on the road is always a plus.

I've always played with a broadcast cam style and try to replicated as close as I could to watching an actual match.

Last match of the season and Sampdoria are joint third from bottom and level on points with Crotone with whom they are about to play .. Sampdoria have the better goal difference and are at home. . Crotone need to win to avoid relegation and Sampdoria only need a draw. . .a tense nervy match.

Last edited:
Last match of the season and Sampdoria joint third from bottom and level on points with Crotone whom they are about to play .. Sampdoria have the better goal difference and are at home. . Crotone need to win to avoid relegation and Sampdoria only need a draw. . .a tense nervy match.

Great game,I actually felt the tension.
You'd probably have time for one more season before Pes 18.
Might go buy a new defence right?

Rock I felt the tension throughout the match it was strange that you picked up on it as well . .I didn't think anybody would. . that was really close to relegation. I've no money to buy players so unless somebody buys some of the deadwood I'll be stuck with the same bunch.

Rock I felt the tension throughout the match it was strange that you picked up on it as well . .I didn't think anybody would. . that was really close to relegation. I've no money to buy players so unless somebody buys some of the deadwood I'll be stuck with the same bunch.
The future isn't looking that shiny in Genoa I presume.
It's a tough deal climbing the ladder with no cash.
Youth players looking ok?
A few loan deals,that got me from 15-16 place with Palermo up to 10th place after a season.
Sold pretty much everything I had,promoted a few youngsters then 7-8 on loan,a couple of free transfers

The future isn't looking that shiny in Genoa I presume.
It's a tough deal climbing the ladder with no cash.
Youth players looking ok?
A few loan deals,that got me from 15-16 place with Palermo up to 10th place after a season.
Sold pretty much everything I had,promoted a few youngsters then 7-8 on loan,a couple of free transfers

I've a big squad if I sell I might try get loan players . . .btw I took your advice and increased the speed to 0 from -1 . .it plays better.

I've a big squad if I sell I might try get loan players . . .btw I took your advice and increased the speed to 0 from -1 . .it plays better.
It does doesn't it,but I like the speed on -1,but love how the players move/stand out on 0,so it's tricky known no what to play

Last match of the season and Sampdoria are joint third from bottom and level on points with Crotone with whom they are about to play .. Sampdoria have the better goal difference and are at home. . Crotone need to win to avoid relegation and Sampdoria only need a draw. . .a tense nervy match.
Great goal by Carbonero, accurate and powerful enough. Had that header at minute 35 gone in, it would've been a goal of the season contender though.
Sad to see them equalize at the end, it looks like a match you could've won. Luckily enough the 1-1 still prevents you from going down... Celebrating time! :WASTED:

Dear journal,

The first month at Cunturipa has passed and I'm currently reviewing the team's performance with the team's assistant manager and with the board (not that I asked them to do so, it's just the board who mandated this boring and pointless meeting). We're currently 9th in the league, with four points out of three matches. The good news is that we're pretty efficient with the buildup: we throw away way too many chances, but at least we're consistently getting there near the opponents' goal.

No player of ours has been selected for the team of the month but hey, many of thema re still adapting to the way I want them to play. There's a player though that stands out a lot and it's Lucas Cazals. When I joined, he was playing as a right back and he was really reliable: you gave him the ball, he would deliver it back to you near the opponents' goal line no-matter-what. He was a train, and his next stop would always be the goal line from which he’d unleash one of his legendary crosses. But there's more than that: he can play as a defensive midfielder too and it's in such a position that he is showing the biggest potential. He's still a diamond in the rough, and it will have to be me to polish his playing style and to let him shine as I know he could do. A couple of teams made inquiries about him during this transfer window but we've always declined any offer.

We let another player go though, and it's Albelda: after several years at the club, he felt like he had to move to find some playing time elsewhere and, seeing that we also bought Devecchi, it was about time to let him go. I didn't expect him to thank us with so kind words though after we let him reach his new club:

FoESP8n.png

Letting Albelda go allowed us to buy another player, which I can't wait to see in action. Ladies and gentlemen, be ready to welcome Nicolas Gaultier, a French centre back that just arrived from WE United. Born in 1995, he's not really pacey but his defending and physival skills already stand out. He could likely become a fundamental piece of our defence in the next years, mark my words.

7SaT4YF.png

This is not the transfer market I became used to as a player, dear journal: we're far away from the Beckhams, from the Zidanes, from the Cannavaros... But we'll get there sooner or later.
For now, we just have to accept that we signed the players we really needed, not necessarily the ones we would've wanted.

Gavin​

Dear journal,

The first month at Cunturipa has passed and I'm currently reviewing the team's performance with the team's assistant manager and with the board (not that I asked them to do so, it's just the board who mandated this boring and pointless meeting). We're currently 9th in the league, with four points out of three matches. The good news is that we're pretty efficient with the buildup: we throw away way too many chances, but at least we're consistently getting there near the opponents' goal.

No player of ours has been selected for the team of the month but hey, many of thema re still adapting to the way I want them to play. There's a player though that stands out a lot and it's Lucas Cazals. When I joined, he was playing as a right back and he was really reliable: you gave him the ball, he would deliver it back to you near the opponents' goal line no-matter-what. He was a train, and his next stop would always be the goal line from which he’d unleash one of his legendary crosses. But there's more than that: he can play as a defensive midfielder too and it's in such a position that he is showing the biggest potential. He's still a diamond in the rough, and it will have to be me to polish his playing style and to let him shine as I know he could do. A couple of teams made inquiries about him during this transfer window but we've always declined any offer.

We let another player go though, and it's Albelda: after several years at the club, he felt like he had to move to find some playing time elsewhere and, seeing that we also bought Devecchi, it was about time to let him go. I didn't expect him to thank us with so kind words though after we let him reach his new club:

FoESP8n.png

Letting Albelda go allowed us to buy another player, which I can't wait to see in action. Ladies and gentlemen, be ready to welcome Nicolas Gaultier, a French centre back that just arrived from WE United. Born in 1995, he's not really pacey but his defending and physival skills already stand out. He could likely become a fundamental piece of our defence in the next years, mark my words.

7SaT4YF.png

This is not the transfer market I became used to as a player, dear journal: we're far away from the Beckhams, from the Zidanes, from the Cannavaros... But we'll get there sooner or later.
For now, we just have to accept that we signed the players we really needed, not necessarily the ones we would've wanted.

Gavin​
Exiting days ahead.
That's why I love this game,I'm having a hard time letting go of some of my older players.
Kinda get a personal relationship with them,I know I should sell Boateng,Montolivo is getting older,and Honda is in decline,but they are the core of my squad.
That's why I never make any transfers my first season

Great goal by Carbonero, accurate and powerful enough. Had that header at minute 35 gone in, it would've been a goal of the season contender though.
Sad to see them equalize at the end, it looks like a match you could've won. Luckily enough the 1-1 still prevents you from going down... Celebrating time! :WASTED:

I thought the fact that they scored increased the tension and I really thought they would have scored the free kick at the end .. .as Greavsie used to say. .'it's a funny old game'.

Back
Top Bottom