The Master League adventures thread

incontestable point

Master League is scripted for the first 2 or 3 seasons . ..nothing to do with possession. . example. . I played a much stronger side who couldn't break me down .. until they had a soft shot which hit my defenders shoulder and went slowly over the keeper who was standing on the line and did nothing. .this is why most people give up on Ml because they play a season and find themselves in trouble. . it's not down to the skill of the player. .some people see fit to restart a match if things aren't going their way which I would never do and fool themselves into believing that they are winning fairly. .it's designed to make you struggle as a new manager to make it look realistic . .that's it in a nutshell.. ..probably my problem is through using manual and Superstar. .probably Superstar is the culprit.

Last edited:
Ok, totally agree with your analysis of the scripting , but if they don't have the ball they can't shoot if they can't shoot they can't score.

Ok, totally agree with your analysis of the scripting , but if they don't have the ball they can't shoot if they can't shoot they can't score.

C'mon Kilay that's stating the obvious. . nobody could score if you have the ball. . if you think that you are so brilliant that you will keep possession of the ball .. . well then we are playing different games buddy.

C'mon Kilay that's stating the obvious. . nobody could score if you have the ball. . if you think that you are so brilliant that you will keep possession of the ball .. . well then we are playing different games buddy.
What I mean is if I get momentum on my side,you can actually feel and see it,passes go through etc etc,that's when you attack.
Simple as fuck,if they have momentum,you don't!
And scripting and momentum,pretty much two words being the same thing.
And of course they won't score if you have possession,or at least score less if I have 65-35 in possession?
I've played this game differently since going back to it,and it works.
If you start with a TS around 40-50,well you're pretty fucked no matter what you do.
Then you need to play with a setup that raises that,and of course buy players that fit in.
I know it's easy to bang my own drum here,but the way I approach the game now,compared to before,lol ke night and day.
Stole everything I know from pesmastery.com

What I mean is if I get momentum on my side,you can actually feel and see it,passes go through etc etc,that's when you attack.
Simple as fuck,if they have momentum,you don't!
And scripting and momentum,pretty much two words being the same thing.
And of course they won't score if you have possession,or at least score less if I have 65-35 in possession?
I've played this game differently since going back to it,and it works.
If you start with a TS around 40-50,well you're pretty fucked no matter what you do.
Then you need to play with a setup that raises that,and of course buy players that fit in.
I know it's easy to bang my own drum here,but the way I approach the game now,compared to before,lol ke night and day.
Stole everything I know from pesmastery.com

Rock momentum is not scripting. .it's in every match to balance the game and make it realistic. . .scripting is cheating from the A.I . .the match is predetermined with scripting.

Rock momentum is not scripting. .it's in every match to balance the game and make it realistic. . .scripting is cheating from the A.I . .the match is predetermined with scripting.
Not sure if I agree,I've seen crazy scripting,especially on 16, not that much on 17,seen impossible goals and plays by the CPU,but not out of the blue,like on 16.
To me,and I'm stating,to me,that happens when the cpu has had pressure for a while.
Here's the deal: I have high TS,I play version 1.00,I play offline,don't have my Xbox connected when I play.
So my gaming experience might differ from yours?
Or mr Deco just being grumpy cause his on his way to Serie B?
You know I'm just screwing with you right?

Not sure if I agree,I've seen crazy scripting,especially on 16, not that much on 17,seen impossible goals and plays by the CPU,but not out of the blue,like on 16.
To me,and I'm stating,to me,that happens when the cpu has had pressure for a while.
Here's the deal: I have high TS,I play version 1.00,I play offline,don't have my Xbox connected when I play.
So my gaming experience might differ from yours?
Or mr Deco just being grumpy cause his on his way to Serie B?
You know I'm just screwing with you right?

We both have our opinions on things . .I don't play the game to win trophys. . . I play it to enjoy it but it's difficult when scripting decides the outcomes.. we both could be right. . we both could be wrong. . let's leave it at that. . it's only my opinion which I won't be putting in here anymore.

We both have our opinions on things . .I don't play the game to win trophys. . . I play it to enjoy it but it's difficult when scripting decides the outcomes.. we both could be right. . we both could be wrong. . let's leave it at that. . it's only my opinion which I won't be putting in here anymore.
Yeah,i hear you,and i value your input mate,you know that.
Gaming and other things is subjective,one mans experience might differ from a another mans experience,it's all good man.
And besides,your gaming is harder than mine,you play with manual shooting,that makes the game a bit different,I've seen a huge differnce when I played Pa 1 instead of manual passing,difficulty level is going up a lot by doing that,and also game speed,I find -1 being a cheat machine,always get caught by a slow defender when I shouldn't be.

No, i'm not an alien don't worry, a lot of time i risk to broke my monitor or throw out the window my pad due this shitty IA :RANT:.
My consideration was just to say who i'm agree with rockstrongo.

No, i'm not an alien don't worry, a lot of time i risk to broke my monitor or throw out the window my pad due this shitty IA :RANT:.
My consideration was just to say who i'm agree with rockstrongo.
I have three hand controllers that are wonky and not working properly because of Pes15-17...
Try to shut down before I go bananas,not always get there and a hand controller pays the price.

Europa League game no 3. [...] Great game
Wow man, great performance indeed! You're now scoring for fun apparently.
Loved the shoulder assist for the 1-0 and that third goal, what a sweet shot. Keep it up! :)

Also nice to see you managed to defeat Sampdoria even if they gave you some troubles there.

Wow man, great performance indeed! You're now scoring for fun apparently.
Loved the shoulder assist for the 1-0 and that third goal, what a sweet shot. Keep it up! :)

Also nice to see you managed to defeat Sampdoria even if they gave you some troubles there.
Thanx mate,yeah I'm scoring like crazy now,had a tough 1-0 win vs Sampdoria,but yes,scoring has picked up.
I did change game speed to 0, now I can beat defenders,and also not being caught by slow defenders all the time

Ok Roma v Sampdoria . .a match played in very greasy conditions .. .it won't set the world alight but it's not a bad match . .tight one evenly balanced.
I see Praet's free kicks can be very, very dangerous!
Other than that, congrats for managing to come away from the Olimpico with a point... Must have been difficult! Also, what a chance they had in the stoppage time...

Love that goal,nice little header,a goal scorers goal.
What game speed do you use mate?
I've always played on -1 but somehow I've changed it to 0, and enjoying how responsive the players are on that speed
I'm going back and forth from -1 and -2.
A slower gameplay reminds me more of PES 2015 (which, as you already know, I absolutely love to the extent that I bought it twice... For PC and for Xbox One), a game where players would turn slowly and wouldn't often burst past opponents. :)

By the way, it looks like my boys are charged enough for the next match:

urO2Nj7.png

Last edited:
I'm going back and forth from -1 and -2.
A slower gameplay reminds me more of PES 2015 (which, as you already know, I absolutely love to the extent that I bought it twice... For PC and for Xbox One), a game where players would turn slowly and wouldn't often burst past opponents. :)
Know what you mean,I've usually play on -1, started on -2 with 17.
I bought Pes 15 three times,take that....
Once for the 360 then I bought it for the xb1, sold it when 16 came out,then bought it dirt cheap a month or so ago,19 Swedish crowns (€ 2) used.
Just having all Serie A teams (Juve and Sassoulo) licenced makes the game great.
Plus,it's been one of the harder games,took me 4 seasons to win the Scudetto with Torino on that one

Dear journal,

it's great when you win a match like this. And it's even better when it's a derby against an old friend of yours who before the season said "we'll trash you". I mean, when Tito Lafuente hit the bar with a free kick I got a little angry, when Gabi Toregrosa picked up the loose ball and fired it against the keeper I got VERY angry, and I got absolutely crazy when Gabi picked up the ball once again and hit the post. The ball looked like it wouldn't want to go in but then came Puigcorbe: open goal mouth, ball just in front of him... He just had to knock it in, and that's exactly what he did.

One nil, baby! I turned to the other bench to see how Santi was doing and boy, I swear I've never seen him so upset in my life. Imagine how he was when in the stoppage time Sarda stole the ball from one of their defenders and scored the second:

It's done, dear journal. We defeated Puntihuerva. We won the derby, but the most important thing is that I defeated Santiago Muñez! Now I can go get properly trashed indeed, maybe this is what he meant after all. :DRUNK:
I'm so proud of the boys right now... See you tomorrow dear journal, I've got some celebrating to do now.

Gavin​

Two games last night.
Pescara away game day 8
Always tricky

Then a big one,Napoli at home,a Napoli that crushes opponents left and right.
Same story here,penalty,Higuain went down like a ton of bricks

Next up will be a EL fixture away
Keeping it close to the top teams
I'm in 4th place, Fiorentina at first,9 straight wins,I'm going in to a stint of rough games in the league,Lazio/Fiorentina/Inter

Dear journal,

it's great when you win a match like this. And it's even better when it's a derby against an old friend of yours who before the season said "we'll trash you". I mean, when Tito Lafuente hit the bar with a free kick I got a little angry, when Gabi Toregrosa picked up the loose ball and fired it against the keeper I got VERY angry, and I got absolutely crazy when Gabi picked up the ball once again and hit the post. The ball looked like it wouldn't want to go in but then came Puigcorbe: open goal mouth, ball just in front of him... He just had to knock it in, and that's exactly what he did.

One nil, baby! I turned to the other bench to see how Santi was doing and boy, I swear I've never seen him so upset in my life. Imagine how he was when in the stoppage time Sarda stole the ball from one of their defenders and scored the second:

It's done, dear journal. We defeated Puntihuerva. We won the derby, but the most important thing is that I defeated Santiago Muñez! Now I can go get properly trashed indeed, maybe this is what he meant after all. :DRUNK:
I'm so proud of the boys right now... See you tomorrow dear journal, I've got some celebrating to do now.

Gavin​
Lovely win,you've taken over my love for hitting the post I see.
Seems like you had a great game
Tito Lafuente( sounds like a Mambo King) must be furious

I completely agree. I find playing ML much more peaceful now that I have accepted that it's part of the 'story' that things will go against you - even when it is obviously unfair.

EL night,away to Ostersund,need a win here.
Ostersund being a team that are ranked 58 in attack 63 MF and 51 in def.
Should be easy right?
This turned out to be my 9th straight win,and you can feel a loss drawing nearer.
Anyway won the game,horrible gameplay,felt like I had soap under my boots.
A few cool things
1 half empty stadium,love that
2 my winning goal being the last kick of the game
Next up Lazio,a sure loss

I completely agree. I find playing ML much more peaceful now that I have accepted that it's part of the 'story' that things will go against you - even when it is obviously unfair.

At last somebody agrees. .so I'm not completely bonkers.

and about that (sorry i've missed it before) , i'm agree with you, but at Top Player and Superstar Ia cheat really too much , often that demotivate myself bringing me to think that nothing can be do to win some match.
But struggling with that you can even win, also without a good play, so is enough balanced for my taste..
PA0 and advanced shoot give me good feelings, i've started different ML to try different levels, and the most funny and playable level is Professional, above that also bring the possession is really hard (at least with my gameplay, pretty the same of the first v.1.01), but i'm really enjoying that, probably i've just to improve to compete at Superstar level also in ML (in exhibiton i play usually at the max level)

and about that (sorry i've missed it before) , i'm agree with you, but at Top Player and Superstar Ia cheat really too much , often that demotivate myself bringing me to think that nothing can be do to win some match.
But struggling with that you can even win, also without a good play, so is enough balanced for my taste..
PA0 and advanced shoot give me good feelings, i've started different ML to try different levels, and the most funny and playable level is Professional, above that also bring the possession is really hard (at least with my gameplay, pretty the same of the first v.1.01), but i'm really enjoying that, probably i've just to improve to compete at Superstar level also in ML (in exhibiton i play usually at the max level)

Kilay you didn't back me up or agree with me last night. . why now? I have played 50 different versions of Ml since pes 2017 came out and know from experience I know what scripting is. . it is mainly on Superstar and is harder when using manual. . .anybody who tells me different is either lying or a master of beating scripting. . .that was my point last night and you disagreed with me. . I'm not a liar but I won't tolerate being told that I'm talking rubbish when I have proof of what I'm talking about . . nobody can beat scripting.. .don't get me wrong, You're a nice guy kilay and I like your tactics.

Last edited:
The problem with me unlike you guys is that scripting ruins immersion for me. When I can easily beat a team like Liverpool 6-1 and Man City 8-0 with a team like Burnley and get beaten by Sunderland and Middlesbrough 4-0 due to scripting, I basically quit. Scripting makes lesser teams play better than higher rated teams which IMO is so stupid. I wouldn't mind if playing against top tier team enabled scripting but that's never the case for me. Only reason I don't play PES 2017.

Yet to get scripted,I know it exists,but I have had good games so far,last game I posted was a bit strange,but I've always felt that EL/CL plays differently than league games
I had Lazio my next game,I beat them easily 5-1.
No one is calling you a liar Dec,we know scripting exists,but you can make the cpu play less good/scripted the way I tried to explain.

That's my take on it,if you feel another way we believe you but accusing other users of being liars is kinda off man,you practically calling me a liar by stating that?
You play on SS manual,we don't,your take on this is different than ours.
Either we accept our different opinions or we keep doing this.
I prefer a civil conversation rather than name calling and shit,leave that to the FIFA guys
My fucking take on this.
And yeah,I'm pretty fucking upset,just like you were.
We're in our 40's and 50's ffs.
We cool?

Yet to get scripted,I know it exists,but I have had good games so far,last game I posted was a bit strange,but I've always felt that EL/CL plays differently than league games
I had Lazio my next game,I beat them easily 5-1.
No one is calling you a liar Dec,we know scripting exists,but you can make the cpu play less good/scripted the way I tried to explain.

That's my take on it,if you feel another way we believe you but accusing other users of being liars is kinda off man,you practically calling me a liar by stating that?
You play on SS manual,we don't,your take on this is different than ours.
Either we accept our different opinions or we keep doing this.
I prefer a civil conversation rather than name calling and shit,leave that to the FIFA guys
My fucking take on this.
And yeah,I'm pretty fucking upset,just like you were.
We're in our 40's and 50's ffs.
We cool?

Where did I call you a liar Rock? I was speaking to Kilay and didn't mention you and was making my point about Superstar manual and my point was that scripting as I see it can't be beaten.

Where did I call you a liar Rock? I was speaking to Kilay and didn't mention you and was making my point about Superstar manual and my point was that scripting as I see it can't be beaten.
Sorry misread that,yeah,I remember SS manual,that's horrible,especially when playing a ML lineup with low TS.
I'm playing TP/SS with manual passing only,and I started off with a TS of 76.
So I think my game plays a bit more "less scripted"
Sorry for reacting wrong mate,it's late and I'm tired as fuck brother.
Start posting your great games again man.youve had a few killer games

probably the order of the post create confusion, i've said that agree with the point of rockstrongo , if we have the possession we can avoid or at least moderate a bit the momentum or the scripted session. but for sure there are scripted part of any ML match (so i'm agree also with you), where the match being harder, also the speed change, you get more cornered and often you get punished. Sorry english is not my mother language so sometime i could also misundertand or wrong something...
About beat them in my opinion you can, and sometime happen, i know that you are a serial player :) and i trust you, but again i mean at professional in ML, i talked about superstar just in exhibition where is more easy play , if not in ML is a nightmare for me with manual passing... with assisted pass or basic shot imo is not the same game, but only an arcade version that i don't wanna play
Anyway peace and love guys

I have a nice compilation of videos on my ML PES 2017 planned where I am going to show you 4 matches against Chelsea(which all 4 of them won by more than 3 goals) and 4 matches against the relegated sides(which all 4 of them I either lose or drew). PES 2017 Team Spirit is inverted and broken.

Two games last night.
Keeping it close to the top teams
I'm in 4th place, Fiorentina at first,9 straight wins,I'm going in to a stint of rough games in the league,Lazio/Fiorentina/Inter
Glad to see you defeat both Pescara (struggling maybe more than expected) and Napoli (well done!)
That Pescara penalty at the beginning though... Maybe that's what @Deco was talking about.
A throw in, a cross that gets deflected so it could reach the forward, then the forward going down when dispossessed (indeed you tackled him from behind: if we only analyzed the tackle, the penalty could look legit). These are the moments I hate about this game. I had to start playing on Professional to have balanced matches, as on both Top Player and (even more) Superstar I would only get battered day in, day out... Totally different than in exhibition where I consistently win on Top Player and often put up a fight on Superstar.

Back
Top Bottom