The Master League adventures thread

Just try Classic for one match, @Deco. I did that to check if there was any difference. Too much difference for me. I thought at first that Challenge mode was the "chairman" mode and all that. But in Classic you still have the Chairman, so why play something that is really, really scripted?

@Anjin Miura I'm starting to think I should play PA1 + Advanced Shooting and Superstar, because it seems (for me) that PA0 is less varied than PA1. Of course, I'm not sure, so if someone can check this, too, I would be glad.

Just try Classic for one match, @Deco. I did that to check if there was any difference. Too much difference for me. I thought at first that Challenge mode was the "chairman" mode and all that. But in Classic you still have the Chairman, so why play something that is really, really scripted?

@Anjin Miura I'm starting to think I should play PA1 + Advanced Shooting and Superstar, because it seems (for me) that PA0 is less varied than PA1. Of course, I'm not sure, so if someone can check this, too, I would be glad.

Yes but the chairman won't sack you in classic . .at least I hope not not or I'm in trouble. . .Ianni my scripting is now easing off and allowing me to play and I'm really enjoying it.

Yes but the chairman won't sack you in classic . .at least I hope not not or I'm in trouble. . .Ianni my scripting is now easing off and allowing me to play and I'm really enjoying it.

It can sack you I think, it will be more difficult to be sacked, yeah, but it can sack you. At least that's what I think giving the % of happiness being activated as if it were Challenge Mode. But, if you are enjoying, that's the important thing :)

Okay, ridiculous difference between PA0 and PA1 in terms of "beauty" and "variety". Omg. I'll stick with PA1 + Adv. Shooting. Maybe I go to SS.

I think, since you have Owner in a Classic Mode too, that maybe you can get fired in Classic Mode. I've had a look and in Fulham ML after promotion I've had 72% Owner Trust (Challenge), while at Parma I have ~90% already and that's before getting promoted. Maybe that's whats different - in Classic OT goes up way faster it seems.

So maybe it's still technically possible to get fired on Classic? Who knows. But hell I'm never trying Challenge again, at least not until they'll patch it or something.

In the meantime, I've had massive session yesterday and broke through Superstar it seems. It's a bit shitty how AI plays sometimes but games are so freaking intense! It demands more and more from you, and I like it.

m3fLNHI.jpg

February was rough. Avellino was the worst. Cup games with Napoli were perfect - they have their distinct style and simply managed to score a goal in the first game. Good fun. Cittadella with kick-off equaliser just fuck off. Cesena I was just angry and made mistakes I guess.

TZSTLT6.jpg

That loss with Pescara, oh the pain! At that point they were 5 points ahead of me. But I've finally started getting a hold of the game. It's worth noting - I've never really felt handicapped during all those games. My defenders were terrible sometimes but it might be down to tactics. Only thing that trully pisses me off is kick-off goals. At this difficulty it might be simple that one mistake can be disastrous regardless of everything though. But I was getting better. That win with Empoli was lucky but deserved. Ternana game was quite bad, kickoff goals!!!!!!!!! But we've managed to win somehow. Now Palermo game, that sucked hard. They aren't good at all, scored some really lucky goals. Wasn't happy about this game. At all.

oH5DpZS.jpg

Now this! Novara game was shit af, they were scoring awful kick-off goals (wrrrrrr) but in the end I came on top. Last three games I've finally got actually gud at this. Had amazing time when I could finally handle it. And it's bloody Superstar!

OH0ZdfS.jpg

This, this is how gud Parma was in April. DOMINATE DOMINATE DOMINATE

QNEIu0j.jpg

Both Pescara and Palermo were doing terribly bad recently, could barely exploit my losses. With four games left(?) I'm almost 100% sure I will get promoted without having to do play-offs.

So people please try Superstar/Classic! If it's too hard early on use TP or even Professional to build up Team Spirit a bit. I think of it same as difficulty levels in Dynasty Warriors games. Higher difficulties are for high level characters, that's how it should work in ML too.

But above all never use challenge mode! Or if you do, try Classic and let us know if you see the difference. We need to find out!

more difficult mean cheating from AI, you should lower your diffcult level without have any kind of guilty, enjoy the game and fuck the system

Nah, this is not the point. I'm playing in top player and its really enjoyable. But usually if i'm winning from 1x0 the AI starts to make my victory almost impossible, my defenders starts to break in certain moments and everyone on the defense seems to turn in a "retarded" mode haahaha

making some research through PES Master DB, i believe that i should start the ML with Barcelona B.
Not only they will have gorgeous uniforms & i will set them up to play in a small stadium, but they have a 28 player squad with the oldest one being 26y/o (the rest of them are 17-24).
Sure, their ratings suck (57-73 overalls), but this will feel to me like a legitimate ML start.
I can only be afraid of whatever their TS will be at the start of the season.

I will only buy players who are under 25 for this team, and will try to get rid of the players as they get old.

Im thinking of what will happen if i ever get promoted to La Liga with this team (Is this even possible in PES? I know this is not possible IRL, but it'll be a nice experiment.), maybe then that'll be the moment to fly to a different league/team.

Thoughts?

NOTE:
I just found out Sergi Barjuan is the real life coach for FC Barcelona B, so that instantly made up my mind.
I loved that guy! Hopefully he'll have an illustrious career as his more famous former team mate Guardiola.

EDIT: Barcelona B's current coach is not Sergi Barjuan, but Gerard Lopez.. still of the same generation of players but not my favourite tbqh. :(
In my mind I'll make the coach to be Robert Prosinečki just because why not

Anyone knows where should I look to find the Spanish 2nd division rivalries so I can set them up in PES?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Finally allowed to play some decent football at the end of season 1. . some nice passages of play in this vid. . the best match I've had so far.. .Venezia v Brescia.

Okay guys look I guess I've figured out Twitch and streaming and stuff.

Doing some tests, since I'm practically promoted to Serie A I wanna try streaming last 3 games. Please get over here -> https://www.twitch.tv/sir_anjin <- to watch things happen. I have no idea how will it turn out, did some tests and quality looks ok.

Basically you'll get to see best Italian team ever in action in shiny 30fps, what's there to lose? Go there! Yes do it!

Just go

Okay so I'm done, ended up winning 2/3 games and winning Serie B with 87 points.
Thanks to anyone who managed to be there, even for a while!

And here, have a clip of one hell of a manual longshot, what a way to end a season! Acampora really has a thing for those L2 cannonshots

https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantTenuousGalagoPeoplesChamp (can't embed I guess :( )

EDIT: just for a gud measure

PBDKFC9.jpg

i91bRdc.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, update. I got through qualifiers of Champions League. My group is Steaua, Everton and... PSG. Okay...

kQiCvf0.jpg

To face PSG, I used this new formation (I love you, Cruyff):

eIK5waa.png

And I won!! Actually I really enjoy playing this way. It's so awesome. I need a CM, tho.

making some research through PES Master DB, i believe that i should start the ML with Barcelona B.
Not only they will have gorgeous uniforms & i will set them up to play in a small stadium, but they have a 28 player squad with the oldest one being 26y/o (the rest of them are 17-24).
Sure, their ratings suck (57-73 overalls), but this will feel to me like a legitimate ML start.
I can only be afraid of whatever their TS will be at the start of the season.

I will only buy players who are under 25 for this team, and will try to get rid of the players as they get old.

Im thinking of what will happen if i ever get promoted to La Liga with this team (Is this even possible in PES? I know this is not possible IRL, but it'll be a nice experiment.), maybe then that'll be the moment to fly to a different league/team.

Thoughts?

NOTE:
I just found out Sergi Barjuan is the real life coach for FC Barcelona B, so that instantly made up my mind.
I loved that guy! Hopefully he'll have an illustrious career as his more famous former team mate Guardiola.

EDIT: Barcelona B's current coach is not Sergi Barjuan, but Gerard Lopez.. still of the same generation of players but not my favourite tbqh. :(
In my mind I'll make the coach to be Robert Prosinečki just because why not

Anyone knows where should I look to find the Spanish 2nd division rivalries so I can set them up in PES?

Thanks,

Barcelona b can't be promoted in Liga, like Atletico Sevilla , they are B squad and Barça and Sevilla are the main club, if you take sevilla you will have atletico sevilla as youth team, the same with Barça and Barça B.

Finished bottom of Serie B in the first season . ..second season and the boss tells me he wants promotion , ,ha ha.
Brescia v Ascoli. . .goals from corners are like buses in this game . .you wait ages for one and then 2 come along together .. ..should have nicked it at the end.

Last edited:
Barcelona b can't be promoted in Liga, like Atletico Sevilla , they are B squad and Barça and Sevilla are the main club, if you take sevilla you will have atletico sevilla as youth team, the same with Barça and Barça B...

Thank you mate, its interesting to see how much attention Konami put into that.

I'll have to try a different team then

Strange thing in ML
Had €11 mill in my salary budget left going in to my Jan window,sold two players,their salary was 4 million put together,which would mean my salary budget would rise to 15!
Instead it got cut to 7 when they got sold.
Strange as hell

Strange thing in ML
Had €11 mill in my salary budget left going in to my Jan window,sold two players,their salary was 4 million put together,which would mean my salary budget would rise to 15!
Instead it got cut to 7 when they got sold.
Strange as hell

I think salarys are paid in the Winter Transfer Window, because this happened to me on PES 17, too. I renewed some contracts and I got into negative salary budget. It was ugly.

I think salarys are paid in the Winter Transfer Window, because this happened to me on PES 17, too. I renewed some contracts and I got into negative salary budget. It was ugly.
Aha,never thought of that,I was "11 mill...sweet" now that I've made one signing I'm down to four,and next season a few of my contracts will go up
Thanx ianni

Aha,never thought of that,I was "11 mill...sweet" now that I've made one signing I'm down to four,and next season a few of my contracts will go up
Thanx ianni

I need a Central Midfielder. I have 640.000 € on Salary Budget. If fatigue is stronger now on players on ML, I will have a really hard time.

I'm really happy of your post about this new patch. I really liked the game pre-patch even though the issues, but if they got them solved... You hyped me, damn!!!

I need a Central Midfielder. I have 640.000 € on Salary Budget. If fatigue is stronger now on players on ML, I will have a really hard time.

I'm really happy of your post about this new patch. I really liked the game pre-patch even though the issues, but if they got them solved... You hyped me, damn!!!
My video shows total fatigue on all players (not gk)
They had nothing left,and both Atalanta and bologna had 77-79 pass percentage,that didn't happen before
Yeah I played a whole game without subs,so if they this fatigued,injuries will come more often

Back
Top Bottom