The Jupiler League thread !!!!

Mostly (former) players of Lierse, Sint-Truiden and La Louvière.
Rather unknown players: Bourdon (former goal keeper of Westerlo), Cliff Mardulier (GK of Sint-Truiden), Dusan Belic (former GK of Sint-Truiden), Geoffrey Toyes, Mohamed Brahami, Mario Espartero and Gunther Van Handenhoven all former players of La Louvière and Martin Ekani (current La Louvière player).
Furthermore three first division coaches: Cartier (currently coach of my favourite team Brussels, former coach of La Louvière), Paul Put (former coach of Lierse, now coach of Mouscron) and Gilbert Bodart (former international and current coach of La Louvière, perhaps the best known of them all).

The most significant person behind the scene is Allata who is the personal manager of our national keeper Proto.

I'll have to say that Panorama has shown no evidence whatsoever that points to these particular players...but there is something wrong with La Louvière and Lierse...that is pretty obvious.

They showed how popular teams like La Louvière, Lierse and Sint-Truiden are among the gamblers in China...that's not very normal...you don't expect the average Chinese to know these teams...i wonder how much people on this forum know these teams...

Ok more news about the match fixing scandal in the Jupiler League.
Things are getting serious.
Lierse has sacked two players and an assistent coach: Mardulier (GK), Fasotte (captain) and assisten coach Patrick De Man.
Anderlecht has fired two players who were at Lierse last season: Delorge and Mitu.
There certainly is more to follow in this farce...
In the next posting more news about the football...

I watched the first half and then my two years old son started vomiting...
"Roma's" first goal was one of the most luckiest goals i ever saw on a football pitch...the guy just got the ball o, his head , in slow motion you see that he didn't attempted a header at all...that said, Roma is a better team then Brugge...this match once again proves how clever Italian teams are...
What is your opinion about that match Milanista????

Lucky Roma, but I give them credit for being able to still play football with 10 men basically all game. Thats their 10th win in a row in all competitions.

Milanista said:
Lucky Roma, but I give them credit for being able to still play football with 10 men basically all game. Thats their 10th win in a row in all competitions.

Just out of curiosity Milanista, how many times have you seen Milan play at the San Siro?

If you mean at the stadium, this year only 6 times. Its harder this year since its my last year of high school.

Might go to Milan-Bayern if I can get tickets.

Milanista said:
If you mean at the stadium, this year only 6 times. Its harder this year since its my last year of high school.

That is fair enough, mate. Where in Milan do you live? I know Milan well.

Milanista said:
Near duomo, pretty far from San Siro.

Yes I know it - my aunty lives near you actually. I was at the Milan derby last season - fantastic atmosphere. I bought tickets AT THE GATE! Is it always that easy to get tickets?

Depends what game. You can get tickets from ppl who sell illegally infront of the stadium, but usually theyre pretty shit seats. For games like Juve, Inter, or Man U (Last year), people would lineup infront of the ticket center 2 days before, and camp there.

More news about the match fixing scandal.
Excelsior Mouscron have fired their coach Paul Put. In the first half of the season he still was coach of Lierse. He admitted fixing two games as coach of Lierse.

One has to feel sorry for the involved players of Lierse now that more details are known.

Anderlecht manager Van Holsbeek commented on the firing of former Lierse players Delorge and Mitu (who played for Anderlecht this season). He said that the club sympathized with the two players but that Anderlecht had no other choice than to fire them. Anderlecht hopes that the big fishes in this scandal will also get caught by the Belgian justice because it seems that the (former) Lierse players are rather victims than offenders.

This morning the papers were full of it and it really is a sad story. Lierse played the Champions League in the season 97/98 (they were champions in 1997 with a bunch of young players from the area around Lier: Nico Van Kerckhoven, Stijn Huysegems, Daens (now at Mönchengladbach), Bob Peeters, Zdebel, Kjetil Rekdal but all the good young players went to other clubs abroad. Lierse lost all his matches in the Champions League and they actually lost money because of it (they must be the only club ever to loose money because of the Champions League).

Since roughly 2002 the club is on the verge of financial disaster and they are desperately in search of "their Abramovich"...players don't get paid....etc...etc...

Enters Chinese "business man" Zhe Yun Ye. This man said he could help the club if the players agree to loose a couple of matches because meanwhile Zhe Yun Ye will bet on those matches. With the beting money he earns he will "rescue the club".

Coach Paul Put and some players (most players??) agree. Once the first matches are fixed the players are vulnerable for black mail and intimidation. The scenario for one match totally goes wrong: Zhe Yun Ye has put a large amount of money on Lierse-Anderlecht but Lierse score a freak goal and the match which they are supposed to loose ends on a 1-1 draw. The Chinese looses money and the intimidation goes further: one thug puts a gun to the head of young goal keeper Clif Mardulier because he plys too good and Zhe Yun Ye's accolytes threaten to kidnap coach Puts litle daughter...

Of cousre this Chinese does not act alone, more and more people believe that one of his partners in crime is one Silvio Allata...this man is a manager with a Togolese (!!!!) license. He is best known as the personal manager of...Silvio Proto...our national team' goal keeper...

So far there is no evidence that Proto has done something wrong or had any knowledge what his manager was up to....BUT, until this season Proto was the goal keeper of La Louvière, one of the teams that is mentioned in the match fixing scandal...

Other teams that are mentioned: Germinal Beerschot Antwerp and Sint-Truiden...to be continued...

Last edited:
Oh my oh my... what a story Stan!! There is so many twists and turns here. I thought it's just a simple case of match fixing but the more I read the more I read about different people involved, different twists. They can make a show out of this! Very interesting stuff so far. Keep us up to date.

p.s. You talked about Huysegems, have you seen him much lately in past couple years? I have and he's a good player although isn't a regular for AZ and is inconsistent. His stats are quite wrong in PES. Wondering if you know him well too or have seen him few times?

I've seen few and I like the guy, he's impressive and can even take a good FK but his inconsistency and somewhat injury-proneness keeps him back from fulfilling potential I think he has.

I think he's ace PLF...
I think he's good enough to be in the starting eleven of our national team...
Last year in the match against Auxerre in the UEFA Cup he scored a fantastic goal...

Yeh he's one of my fav Belgian players unfortunately 3/10 times he doesn't use his maximum ability in a game and underperofrms or is inconsistent.

He's gonna have to pick himself up in my opinion and start battling seriously for a starting place at AZ (assuming he doesn't already have it, I'm not too sure because I don't follow Eredivisie that much) but from what I know he's not really.. he's a rotation player.

And if he can't get a starting regular place at AZ then he should move because in my opinion he does have a lot of potential but if he doesnt' do anything about it, he's just gonna be another avg/decent player who could've been much better but didn't work hard enough.

At 23 he's not longer a prospect either and now it's time to start showing your talent or move or try your best so you have no regrets when your best years are behind you!

Finally a round-up after 23 matches:

Totaal Klassement (01/08/05 - 15/05/06)
# W V G + - +/- Ptn
1 Standard (STA) 23 14 5 4 41 21 20 46
2 Anderlecht (AND) 23 13 3 7 49 22 27 46
3 Club Brugge (BRU) 23 13 3 7 38 21 17 46
4 Zulte-Waregem (ZWA) 23 12 7 4 42 34 8 40
5 Racing Genk (GNK) 23 10 6 7 37 29 8 37
6 Westerlo (WES) 23 10 8 5 31 27 4 35
7 AA Gent (GNT) 23 10 8 5 30 27 3 35
8 FC Brussels (FCB) 23 8 7 8 25 24 1 32
9 Lokeren (LOK) 23 8 7 8 32 33 -1 32
10 Charleroi (CHA) 23 8 9 6 22 28 -6 30
11 Roeselare (ROE) 23 7 8 8 37 30 7 29
12 G. Beerschot (GBA) 23 8 11 4 31 37 -6 28
13 Cercle Brugge (CER) 23 7 12 4 29 43 -14 25
14 Moeskroen (MOE) 23 7 13 3 31 35 -4 24
15 Sint-Truiden (STV) 23 5 11 7 24 34 -10 22
16 Beveren (BEV) 23 6 14 3 25 37 -12 21
17 La Louviere (LAL) 23 4 10 9 21 40 -19 21
18 Lierse (LIE) 23 4 12 7 14 37 -23 19

Due to quite a lot of postponements it took a few weeks before all the clubs in the Jupiler League had the same amount of matches. And when all the smoke has cleared we have three leaders with the same amount of points: Standard, Brugge and Anderlecht with season revelations Zulte-Waregem (our Wigan but with less money) trailing by six points.

Brussels is still eight. Yesterday the have won their first match since De Camargo has gone...although they are still 8th i'm afraid this will be a long second half of the season for them.

Meanwhile there are more and more allegations that "our" national GK Silvio Proto is implicated in the match fixing scandal. In the current season alledgedly 14 matches would have been fixed...nevertheless the champion is a real thriller...

Thanks Milanista...he's quite a lot on the bench if i'm not mistaken...

Here are the results of this weekend's matches (save one):

Speeldag 27 (17/03/2006 - 20/03/2006)
17-03 20:30 Zulte-Waregem - Lierse 0 - 1
17-03 20:30 Standard - Racing Genk 1 - 0
18-03 18:00 Westerlo - Club Brugge 0 - 0
18-03 20:00 Anderlecht - Beveren 4 - 0
18-03 20:00 Charleroi - Lokeren 3 - 1
18-03 20:00 G. Beerschot - Moeskroen 1 - 0
18-03 20:00 Cercle Brugge - FC Brussels 0 - 1
18-03 20:00 La Louviere - Roeselare 0 - 0
19-03 18:00 AA Gent - Sint-Truiden ... - ...

A couple of weeks ago i wrote here that to me Club Brugge were favourites for the title. That was a serious mistake, they 've lost quite a lot of points (especialy in away matches). Next week Club Brugge plays Anderlecht and that could be their ultimate chance to win the championship.
The race for the title seems to be a two horese run between Anderlecht and Standard. They both won their match.
Season's revelation Zulte-Waregem are still 4th but yesterday they lost against Lierse. Lierse is oneof the teams central in the match fixing scandal. Since they have fired a few guilty players and staff members they play very good footbamll with young players. They could face automatic relegation due to the match fixing scandal. Other teams mentioned in that scandal are Sint-Truiden, and especially La Louvière.
It seems that their president knew about the match fixing...it's almost sure that this team will face automatic relegation, although at this point nothing seems sure anymore.
At one point the Belgian FA considered to stop the ongoing competition because if you know that not less than 18 matches are fixed how can anyone take this years' competition serious. Finally everyboduy decided to continue because otherwise there would not be Belgian teams in Eurocup and since next year one Belgian team is automatically qualified for the group stage of the CL...
Yesterday my favourite team Brussels finally was able to win their first match this year. They won against Cercle Brugge with their first goal in 2006...just like i predicted since their "star" player De Camargo has left them for Standard they are virtually unable to score goals. Fortunately they have a good defense... Brussels are also indirectly implicated in the match fixing scandal since their coach and one of their midfielders played for La Louvière last season. Midfielder Espartero is even mentiuoned as one of the key figures in the match fixing system...

For what's it worth, the ranking after 27 matches:

# W V G + - +/- Ptn
1 Anderlecht (AND) 27 16 4 7 58 25 33 55
2 Standard (STA) 27 16 5 6 46 23 23 54
3 Club Brugge (BRU) 27 14 4 9 41 25 16 51
4 Zulte-Waregem (ZWA) 27 14 8 5 46 35 11 47
5 Racing Genk (GNK) 27 12 7 8 40 31 9 44
6 AA Gent (GNT) 26 12 9 5 35 30 5 41
7 Westerlo (WES) 27 11 10 6 35 34 1 39
8 Lokeren (LOK) 27 10 8 9 38 37 1 39
9 Charleroi (CHA) 27 10 10 7 31 32 -1 37
10 FC Brussels (FCB) 27 9 8 10 26 25 1 37
11 Roeselare (ROE) 27 8 10 9 39 36 3 33
12 G. Beerschot (GBA) 27 9 13 5 33 41 -8 32
13 Moeskroen (MOE) 27 8 15 4 37 37 0 28
14 Cercle Brugge (CER) 27 7 14 6 30 51 -21 27
15 Sint-Truiden (STV) 26 6 12 8 29 37 -8 26
16 Lierse (LIE) 27 6 14 7 18 44 -26 25
17 Beveren (BEV) 27 7 17 3 30 49 -19 24
18 La Louviere (LAL) 27 4 11 12 21 41 -20 24

One more thing it seems that the match fixing scandal has alos links with match fixing in German. Last week Bastian Schweinsteiger was mentioned but the day after both the German FA and justice denied his implication.

Back
Top Bottom