The great tea mass debate.

Here's one for ya.... The correct way in making tea.

For me, it's tea bag, then hot water... Then a splash of milk and then sugar.

But I've witnessed some horrors like people who put the milk and sugar in with the tea bag before hot water or some other either or combination.

I sometimes put the sugar in first with the tea bag but milk should always be added after the water. Doing otherwise should be frowned upon.

I can't put sugar in with the bag because it feels like when I take the bag out, it will have soaked up some of the sugar and the sweetness will be less.

I can't put sugar in with the bag because it feels like when I take the bag out, it will have soaked up some of the sugar and the sweetness will be less.

Exactly. I put bag, water, sugar, then milk.

I also squeeze the shit out of The bag before I take it out.

I don't understand people that leave the tea bag in the cup after?

I don't understand people that leave the tea bag in the cup after?

I do that. I have to admit it is mainly due to laziness. Once I fix myself a cup of tea and sit on the couch, there's no way I'm getting up only to throw away a tea bag :D

I do that. I have to admit it is mainly due to laziness. Once I fix myself a cup of tea and sit on the couch, there's no way I'm getting up only to throw away a tea bag :D

Why not throw the bag away while you're in the kitchen making it?

I hate it when people leave tea in their cup too. Just empty the thing down the sink so it doesn't stain the bottom. My dad and the mother in law are the worst though. There will be a collection of plates and cups to be washed up at the side of the sink... And yet both of them put their cups (with tea still in the cup) into the wash bowl! And not carefully... They just plonk it in on it's side so now the tea spills out.

:RANT:

I hate it when people leave tea in their cup too. Just empty the thing down the sink so it doesn't stain the bottom. My dad and the mother in law are the worst though. There will be a collection of plates and cups to be washed up at the side of the sink... And yet both of them put their cups (with tea still in the cup) into the wash bowl! And not carefully... They just plonk it in on it's side so now the tea spills out.

Yeah, her's are the same. Do my head in.

Why not throw the bag away while you're in the kitchen making it?

Mmm let me think... waste precious minutes standing in the kitchen or sit in front of the telly while the infusion magic happens?
Tough one :P

You need to get in a routine.
Tea bag in the cup, pour boiling water on from a height.... The bag gets smacked around in the cup. Few seconds pass as you get the milk out of the fridge. Give it a stir and a squash and throw the teabag in the bin. Milk, sugar stir, done.

Or get a other half to make them.

We have a hob kettle now as well, It takes longer to boil, but I love the little chubby red guy and he whistles when he is ready!

You need to get in a routine.
Tea bag in the cup, pour boiling water on from a height.... The bag gets smacked around in the cup. Few seconds pass as you get the milk out of the fridge. Give it a stir and a squash and throw the teabag in the bin. Milk, sugar stir, done.

Or get a other half to make them.

Wait, you put in the bag for only a few seconds?

I'd say the bag is in water for about 15 to 20 seconds. I stir it and squash the bag to release all the flavour and then when you can see the water has darkened I plop it out.

That's fast. I usually let it inside the hot water for at least 5 and a maximum of 8 minutes.

There is no need to leave the teabag in for so long, just squash it good and proper for about 20 secs and its fine.

What about these cretins who re-use teabags?

Social pariahs.

My wife keeps trying to do this to me, I flipped out the other day as there was hardly any tea, like just milk and hot water mixed together with sugar!

She is acting like we are super poor, she can go out and buy a new pair of shoes when she wants, but I have to re use my tea bag 5 times!

Not any more I was all manly and put my foot down :SMUG:

The thread is full of people that dip their teabags for only 20 seconds making the tea extremely weak and unmanly. Maybe this thread should be named "The great water with slight tea flavour debate"!

There is no need to leave the teabag in for so long, just squash it good and proper for about 20 secs and its fine.

Well, I think the tea isn't strong enough then, just as Gab explained:

The thread is full of people that dip their teabags for only 20 seconds making the tea extremely weak and unmanly. Maybe this thread should be named "The great water with slight tea flavour debate"!

And I also think it's kind of wasting a bag if it's only dipped in for half a minute...:D

It's not just dipping, you squish it with the spoon over and over and over so the bag soaks up the water then you squish it out, over and over. Squish it hard!

It's far from a weak cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom