The Fight Night Thread (for the original and yearly updates)

ghazi - excellent man, excellent reading! Anything else you want to post is music to my ears! Is the demo just allowing you to fight a single bout only?

Demo = 2 x 2minute rounds with Jones Jr. Versus James Toney.

UK Release date is April 30th (which is a real pisser for me because I'll most likely no longer be in England so don't know how I'm going to get it). In response to my asking if UK version could be played online their answer was "we have no information at this time", which to me says "No but we're scared you're going to go postal on us".

GG - the graphics are great. best i have ever seen on a boxing game. I cant imagine how good its gonna look on Xbox - but the game is online for PS2 only.

When you nail someone, their face contorts from the impact like a real fighter. Every shot lands with a realistic reaction from the fighter. When they show replays b/w rounds, the results look great. There was a replay of Toney swiping Roy's face with a hook, and they zoomed in so you could see the sweat and blood fly, and his mouth get shoved up to his ear!! haha. My buddies were dying.

It's really great when you bob ad weave and avoid a flurry of punches, then leap up and jack the mofo across the face with an overhand or an uppercut. They even get stunned so you can throw some more punches.

I have only played it twice, but I loved those moments where i am Roy and I am peppering Toney with quick jabs crosses, and then throwing body shots in quick succession. It's music when they land, and you can see Toney tyring to get outta the way, but he has no idea where to defend.

I disliked KO Kings 2002, and thought that 2001 was much more technical and a more accurate simulation. This could be even better.

One little thing I noticed earlier is that when I've been throwing too many punches without letting my fighter recover his mouth opens as he sucks in air :)

Got my first TKO today, had Toney down 3 times in the 2nd round, not bad for using only the analogue sticks :)

ghazi said:
GG - the graphics are great. best i have ever seen on a boxing game. I cant imagine how good its gonna look on Xbox - but the game is online for PS2 only.

When you nail someone, their face contorts from the impact like a real fighter. Every shot lands with a realistic reaction from the fighter. When they show replays b/w rounds, the results look great. There was a replay of Toney swiping Roy's face with a hook, and they zoomed in so you could see the sweat and blood fly, and his mouth get shoved up to his ear!! haha. My buddies were dying.

It's really great when you bob ad weave and avoid a flurry of punches, then leap up and jack the mofo across the face with an overhand or an uppercut. HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!! They even get stunned so you can throw some more punches.

I have only played it twice, but I loved those moments where i am Roy and I am peppering Toney with quick jabs crosses, and then throwing body shots in quick succession. It's music when they land, and you can see Toney tyring to get outta the way, but he has no idea where to defend.

I disliked KO Kings 2002, and thought that 2001 was much more technical and a more accurate simulation. This could be even better.

Ha Ha!!! You sound like a complete nutter ghazi. I was rolling on the floor at this post! It was so funny. Great lines and great choice of words!! Peppering!!! You twisted nut!!!

GG - the game is poetry in motion, and that is why it can only be described in such terms. ;)

I am a fiendish fight fan, and at one point even thought about getting into boxing promotion. I had an offer to work with Mills Lane ("Let's Get It On!") in his newly formed promotional outifit, but they could not pay nearly enough to get rid of my law school loans.

What i am trying to say is that this is a fight fan's game. I am sure the technical aspects of the game will frustrate many, but for real fight fans it is fantastic. There is not only guiltless satisfaction, but realistic strategy at play when you duck outta the way of an opponent's flurry and then time a perfect looping left to his cheekbone that snaps his head so hard, that all you can see on the tv is the back of his head. Immediately you fire a looping right to snap-twist his head back in the prior position. . . why would you do that? Why else - to shoot a rising uppercut that sends the back of his noggin tapping the middle of his back.

Fight fans have found our holy grail. . . and it smells like sweat and leather. :mrgreen:

Sounds excellent, I agree with you Ghazi about KOK 2002, I preferred the previous version too, 2002 got too arcadey for me.

This sounds absolutely amazing and I'm looking forward to grabbing it on release day. :D

Like Ghazi I'm a huge boxing fan and love watching an old slug-fest. :mrgreen:

Think I'll go Audley Harrison. :roll:

FD

LOL fd1972uk - I'll see your Audley Harrison and I'll raise you one Herbie Hide! :mrgreen:

On a disturbing note, I heard that 2 great fighters will not be appearing on the game. Oscar De le Hoya and Larry Holmes! what the fuck?! How can you not get Larry Holmes in the game? He held the title for 6 frikking years, longer than any fighter except Joe Louis. I loved fighting with him in the older versions and seeing the way they made his bulbous belly stick out past his sagging breasts. But man, he could outjab everybody.

In the first KO Kings on PS1 I used him to throw a leaping left hook to open the first round. KO'd Muhammad Ali 3 seconds into the fight with that single punch!! :shock: mY brother didnt speak to me for hours after my victory dance gyrations made their way across the living room floor. :mrgreen:

I haven't seen a list, but I read a review in a magazine that complained about the absence of Holmes and De la Hoya.

Placebo said:
http://www.easports.com/games/fightnight2004/fighters.jsp

Well - I am glad they have Barrera, Morales, Ward and Gatti cuz them boys threw down in some serious fights. Nice addition of Jeff Lacy, Jermain Taylor and Mayorga. Chris Byrd will be my first choice heavyweight.

But how can you not have the Klitchko brothers? HAs Foreman ever been in here? What about Riddick Bowe, Razor Ruddock, Tommy Morrison, Ray Mercer? And Joe Louis or Jack Dempsey? And these are just the heavyweights! I havent even mentioned Hearns, Hagler, Pernell Whitaker, Mayweather. . . ..UGH!

I am always surprised that EA has such a small stable of fighters represented, when it would hardly cost anything to get some of these fighters to auhtorize their likeness in the game.

Combined with the fact that you cannot have inter-weight matches, I think that EA's 2 year plannig for this game has already disappointed in a couple of key areas. The gameplay will be the saving grace of this game.

I hope somebody out there creates an option file with other fighters or something :x

. . alright - now that my anger from the previous post has subsided like the skill of Evander, let me get to telling you about the greatest KO the world never saw. . .

last night, while tenderizing James Toney's body and pummeling his face with Roy Jones' blurred fists, I threw jones' special punch - an uppercut. Toney's head snapped back and his arms dropped to his sides, as his body began its long "timber" fall backwards towards the mat.

He wasn't getting off that easy. . .

I quickly threw a combination of (no shit) 12 punches to his unconscious head as he slumped - every punch picking his head up and exposing it for the next thundering hook. It was sickening, almost, to be be continually beating a man who had clearly lost consciousness. But there could be no quarter, and so I kept firing rapidly scuccessive hooks to Toney's scrambled noggin, until the game forced my fighter away and into the corner. The man took more shots than Rodney King . . and still beat the 10 count. :shock: The kid was all heart.

As we entered the next round, the beat down continued. Toney got bold and threw an eager, but overly ambitous, left hook. I ducked it and slammed a sledgehammer right hook into his ear that immediately rendered him numb. He fell to my left shoulder like sack of potatoes.

I could have easily let him fall, but that would not be showing my respect to the game. So as he descended past my left shoulder I caught him with a baby left uppercut, and then slammed a piledrivin' straight right, into the BACK OF HIS HEAD as he fell. Oh Lord! I thought I killed him when they showed his face slam down into the canvas. :mrgreen: In the slow-mo replay, you could see his glazed eyes and tongue hanging out of his mouth as he fell. :twisted: when he landed, his legs were jerking as if he was in a seizure, just like I have seen some fighters do after severe KO's. Have any of you seen this in the game?

Boxing - the beautiful game.

hahahaha!!!! I can't wait!!!! Great stuff ghazi! I won't be reading any reviews for this, I just want it based on your sheer enjoyment, a real pleasure to read about the torture you seem to inflicting!! When is it out in US again? Nah, don't answer that, I won't be lazy, I'll find out meself!

I've been playing the demo today, highlight for me was a 4 punch combo that saw Toney going down after the 2nd left hook, brilliant!

There's still some glitches in this demo though, hope they're sorted by release...

Good Lord Dannyboy - the most devastating Knockout in this post is that stinker in your avatar. Who the hell is that?? :shock: I think I love her.

gunnerglory said:
hahahaha!!!! I can't wait!!!! Great stuff ghazi! I won't be reading any reviews for this, I just want it based on your sheer enjoyment, a real pleasure to read about the torture you seem to inflicting!! When is it out in US again? Nah, don't answer that, I won't be lazy, I'll find out meself!

GG - I believe it comes out the 15th of April. I cannot wait. I dont think my WE7 will see the light of day for some time after that. It has totally convinced me to go out and drop the $150 needed to set up a wireless router at home so I can get online with my PS2 in the bedroom.

I cant wait for this I have had my eye on this game for a long time now it looks amazing but I tell you if they don’t put the online feature in the euro game I will go round there knock them out (In a similar way that ray mercer did too tommy Morison) position there limp
Torso’s over there desks and butt fu*k them sooooo hard that there frail little body’s will be incapable of functioning upright :twisted: for at lest the next 5 instalments of fifa so about a month then it’s a shame its not going to be xbox live enabled big shame

Ps I have downloaded the demo its only 9kb is that right and I just burn with nero on dvd or cd thanks

dannyboy22 - The demo is dated mid January so it'll be a pretty old build by now, hence the glitches.

dsgg - if you mean the file you downloaded from me that's not the actual demo it's a torrent for the demo, do a google search for info about what a torrent is, problem will be there must be people still sharing the demo for you to be able to download it, I would imagine there probably aren't any people sharing it anymore.

ghazi - there is a fair community building up over on the free IGN forum, a large percentage are kids but there's some decent guys on there really getting into the game, guy called Tyrantt is one of the best and he's planning to share created fighters, I've been preaching to them all about Xport/Sharkport so hopefully created fighters will be shared that way.

IGN forums http://boards.ign.com/Fight_Night/b7350/ Don't swear though or they ban you :( I found out the hard way *sniff*.

Thanks any chance of you uploading it too me with msn ??? Its cheeky I know but if you don’t ask you don’t get and I still have big hope’s for the online mode fingers crossed thanks mate

Hmm well problem is I don't have the same file that is shared through the torrent, I do have the DVD iso zipped down to 107mb. I'm happy to share it but I'd rather do it in a method like Bittorrent so I'm able to share it to more than one person at a time. Lemme see if I can learn how to create/host a torrent real quick :)

Well I have just looked at the ea sports Europe website it’s the same as the us one but for one thing no mention of online play I really cant believe this, this company make me sick I was so looking forward to playing this online I’m gutted

Thanks for your help placebo but after reading that I just stopped the download in disgust

Back
Top Bottom