The Fight Night Thread (for the original and yearly updates)

Great link Placebo. :mrgreen: One of the best I saw was when he hit some guy (spinks?) and the guy was flailing around the ring with his legs deemed useless. Tyson's punches did funny things to people. :mrgreen:

I can't wait for this game to be released, although it's set for 30th April I believe. :(

FD

I agree with all you say about lewis I think the Mercer fight was at best a draw if not a win for ray

As for Holyfield he has been a shadow of his former great self from the second moorer maybe even from the 3 bowe fight to even mention the Byrd or Toney fights is like saying ail got owned by homes and Trevor burbick this is not the same man who had those great first 2 fights bowe and lets not forget the first D m Qawi fight

Fd I think the bloke you are talking about is Trevor burbick when Tyson won the wbc belt for the first time he kept getting up and falling down now that was some funny sh*t

:mrgreen: LOL...........you know soon as I looked in here again I remember his name. It was indeed Berbrick. It was just incredible the way he was falling around. :mrgreen:

Holyfield is one of my favourites of all time, really nice guy who had a very big heart. His fights between Bowe where amazing.

My favourite at the moment is Erik Morales just ahead of Oscar De La Hoya. Morales is a magnificent fighter and always ends up in a war. Also Brodie has a return fight against Injin Chi who was involved in a great fight with Morales, woeful decision to give it a draw in the 1st fight with Brodie when Chi clearly won.

On the heavyweight division, I also caught the last couple of fights of the new 'Great White Hope' Joe Mesi (sp?), doesn't look too good, all over the place in the last round of his recent fight. Mercer beat Lewis up in that fight and it was just people trying to thrust a new fighter into the forefront of the sport that got him the decision.

FD

Didnt mean to hate on Holyfield - i love Evander, but the old man needs to retire. How can you not respect the first guy to knock down Ray mercer, one of the only men to knockdown and beat Bowe, and one of the only men to KO Tyson. But his ass has got to get to a recliner before it ends up on a stretcher. :D

LOL - yo uguy smade me spill my morning coffee with the discussion on crazy legs Berbick. The funniest part of the Trevor Berbick KO wasnt his legs. . it was his fekking expression on his face. He looked drunk off his ass when he was wobbling around. My bro and I still laugh at that KO. He reminded me of the nutty father from the movie Friday (i forget his name). :D

Erik Morales is great, but I love Marco antonio Barrerra more. They are both in Fight Night 2004, which should make for some great wars.

FN04 comes out on Tuesday or Wednesday over here, so I will give you all a full review this week.

Joe Mesi is overhyped and for a long time was protected. I like his speed for a big man, and the fact that he acknowledges that he has alot to learn. sad thing is nobody else in his camp or in the PR machine will be as humble about him as he is about himself. The boy needs to work on conditioning cuz his last 3 fights have seen him fade horribly in the later rounds. Memories of a man named Bruno. . .

I like him as a person, and hope he gets better, but he needs a new team behind him.

BTW - wondering if any of you know anything about an Xbox Tyson game? I saw some pics on a german site, but wasnt sure if it came out and bombed, or if it is an upcoming game. I thought his last game was on PS1.

I'll put Tyson - Berbick up tonight hopefully :)

Tyson game is shite, it's released by Codies (last year I think), some people consider it fun but if you're anything like the boxing fan you appear then steer well clear (for fear of beer you hear, sorry got caught in a rhyming groove) :)

FN is out this week (some say it's out now) so go grab that and stop contemplating lesser boxing experiences ;)

It's going to be great, pity about no on-line play, I might've tried to get it up and running for my PS2 if it was.

Ghazi - Barrera is a brilliant boxer too, but although I never saw the fight heard he got beaten up pretty badly when he lost his belt. Talking about funny ko's, I loved the Rahman vs Lewis fight, Lewis got binned after laughing just before the moment of impact which was hilarious enough, however when he was walking around the ring he said to one of his corner-men 'Who won?'..........lol, he didn't know what had happened.

FD

Tyson Berbick for those who like looking at black men's legs ;)

Trevor_Berbick_vs_Mike_Tyson_861122.avi
13.5mb, the commentary is in Korean so I reduced the quality to minimum to save space, the whole fight is there I think :)

mike.gif

Nice links placebo I like it and what’s all this about FN 04 being out this week are we talking ftp or bt (which I still have no idea what it is or how to use it )here old pal old chum maybe you could pm me some info on it all big fella chum o mine oh did the *ss licking already

As for boxing Marco antonio Barrerra I think he is or was don’t know yet a fantastic boxer/fighter I think he beat Morales in the first fight by a few rounds the second was a lot closer and the way he took the prince out just showed what a classy fighter he is and the fact that he basically retired the so called living legend in such an emphatic manner just makes me chuckle I was so shocked in the way he lost but then again he was stoped twice by a drug addict looking junior Jones so who knows

Ok guys top 3 fighters of all time I know its hard but live is hard mine are

1) evander Holyfield
2) Nigel benn
3) George forman

i was one of the few people that picked barerra to stomp Hamed. He had the perfect formula for him. Man, for a while, I coulda been a millionaire if I was a betting man. I picked DelaHoya over Trinidad (DLH was robbed!), I picked Rahman over Lewis by Ko within 6, I picked Hopkins over Trinidad by late KO, and alot of other big upsets. . . . then my luck cooled considerably. ;)

Anyway, Junior Jones fought 2 great fights against Barrerra when he beat him. Styles make fights and every fighter has a poison. . .ironic, cuz Jones' nickname is Poison.

DSGG - your list is YOUR favorite fighters, right? it cant be the greatest. . . cuz here is that list:

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Roy Jones Jr.
3. Henry Armstrong

Here's MY favorite current fighters:
1. Roy, bitch!!
2. Gatti
3. Ike Ibeabuchi
4. Chris Byrd
5. Barerra, Oscar, Hopkins, Toney

Gotta give mad props to Corrie Sanders, cuz I think he is gonna knock out Vitali and put his stamp on the Klitschko family. watch that nasty left hand.

I'll have the game by tonight. Can't wait to play it, its got good reviews everywhere. I can't believe a "cut down" version isn't available over here for another month either! :(

Well my first impessions of this game are it's different. Not a bad thing mind you it's just a totally new control concept, no more button bashing its now a lot more technical and you actually have to think about your next move, i've only played a few fights but so far definatly so good, the graphics are a big improvement over KO Kings and so is the gameplay so boxings fans should not be dissapointed ill let you know more when i've played some more.

Mine is supposed to be in today or tomorrow, biut I have class after work so I will have to wait until tomorow most likely anyway.

In the demo, I found that i was much better off using the buttons instead of the R3 toggle to throw punches. I felt like I was faster that way. the only problem is that you need to use the toggle to throw uppercuts.

JayD - i read that the toggles become second nature once you get used to them, but try out the face buttons and tell us what you think.

Also - what is Chris Byrd's special punch??
Does Duran still have the body blow special punch?

Analogue punching feels way better to use, it may well be slower for throwing combos than face buttons initially but punches thrown with analogue adjust as they're thrown if your opponent ducks or whatever, most importantly your fingers are in the right place to block punches, if you use face buttons to punch then you have to move your fingers over to the right analogue stick to be able to block, greatly reducing your block-punch reactions.

No they are my favourite fighters ghazi the greatest 3 in my opinion are

1 Ail
2 ray Robinson
3 joe louis

Roy Jones has just picked all his fights far to much to be in my top ten let alone top 3 when I think of all the fights he could have had and still could Now it astounds me

Hay jayd didn’t we used to play we2002 online way back

Yo Noted how you get this game motherlover

yes dsgg I was your closest competitor, if only we finished the league. By the way the more i play this game the more i love it.

I remember we had some titanic games I think playing that game online spoiled we7 and pes3 for me as I am the only one I know who plays it and add xbox live too that it has got too the point were I don’t even use my ps2 playing against al just don’t do it for me anymore

I've just been playing it, it's a lot harder than the demo. Knockouts have changed from the demo. Now you have a blurred image of the ref counting and you have to "unblur" him by moving the 2 analogue sticks.

In my first match I was Lewis against Holyfield. He caught me we a cracking left hook, my legs buckled and i saw blood stream down from a cut he just made near my left eye! Brilliant!

I'm crap at it at the mo though, can't get any decent combo's going at all and can hardly get the CPU's energy down at all :(

Gonna be playing this all night i think.... :D

Nah mate, haven't got an adapter or anything. I'm finding it really hard to get any offense going, i'm off to practice more i think :D

I aint too sure ClassicD, I dont see a reason why it shouldn't work, but knowing EA they've protected against this...

dannyboy22 said:
I aint too sure ClassicD, I dont see a reason why it shouldn't work, but knowing EA they've protected against this...
Forgot it was EA, doesn't that mean they charge you to play online? Haha, these jokers can take a running jump, why would the majority of people who've been playing games online for over a decade for nought suddenly start paying?

Back
Top Bottom