The Fight Night Thread (for the original and yearly updates)

Well it defaults to medium at first, so change it to easy and start beating on some bums with TPC until you're using to dodging/swaying away from punches with the left analogue or blocking punches and counterpunching with the right analogue :)

well i got the game today and i think its shite

I thought from the demo that ur were no longer able to just throw random punches and mash the buttons to take ur opponets down

But i was wrong :(

this is Knockout Kings with a Tiger Woods style makeover.
for example the 1st series was shit GFX and using normal standard controls so all they do is Make it controllable by Analogue and beef up the GFX thats all they have done, im so dissapointed

Play on hard and mash buttons and you'll soon lose. I can't comprehend how you can think it's shite but I guess that's just a difference of opinion, I'm sure you can sell it on instead of wasting your money :)

well i aint mashing the buttons no more by moving up levels but its far to easy still

u just weaves and punch thats all

MrCoopz said:
well i aint mashing the buttons no more by moving up levels but its far to easy still

u just weaves and punch thats all

Not to stick it in your deprived faces, but the online experience is where its at. I am using it to learn to play, rather than go thru career mode.

I went from being 6-0 and ranked 600, to being 7-6 and ranked in the 4000th group! :( All in the space of 3 hours. These bastards on line are not playing around anymore.

Oh. . . and the smack talk thru the headsets. . . you dont even wanna know what they said about my Momma! :shock: :(

holy sh*t, this game is good. Best thing I've played in ages.
I cant get online though, says playstation disc error or something. anyone else get that?

Kilgore Trout said:
I cant get online though, says playstation disc error or something. anyone else get that?

If you aint in the US or Canada, i dont think you can play on-line.

If you are in a country with online play, then it could be your lack of an official PS2 adaptor. With some online games (madden) you can use a Linksys network adaptor. Fight NIght requires the PS2 adaptor from what I have read.

Check out IGN's boards on Fight NIght, if you have other questions or wanna make a post about that. There seems to be alot of activity there, so maybe someone can help you out.

Kilgore Trout said:

Latest EA-Games have "DNAS-DoubleCheck"...

Modded PS2 or Backups don't go Online!

ha ha i love this game i had the boys around and we played it all night i was undefeated and was only put down once holyfield did me proud

Nope serious, guess they start at a certain age and wait around until you get up there and beat them then it adds however many years it took you onto the age it started them at.

what a great game, have any of you out there got any Uk fighter CAB's? Hatton, Benn , Eubanks, Bruno,Calzaghe,Honeyghan ?would love to come up against these boys in a career mode instead some of the made up guys.

I'm going to be creating Naz a bit later once I've retired the real heavyweights (or lost) on medium, I've got Jones, Byrd, Ali and Toney left, first three especially will be tough cos they're runners, Byrd has higher stats than Ali and Jones which is ludicrous, I'll post pics in a sec.

fn1.jpg

fn2.jpg

fn3.jpg

fn4.jpg

fn5.jpg

fn6.jpg

Yeah Byrd is tough, i've had two decision wins over him, i managed to KO Ali in the 13th round, Found jones easy to take 3rd round KO, Gonna start a new career soon and hopefully load up a lot of the CAB's i've got off the net, hardest fighter i've fought to date was a made up one Earnie foster destroyed me in two rounds. Do you think the fighter roster and announcer, (who the Feck is this Tigger chap anyway???) will be different for the UK version? really missing out on great UK fighters of the past and present.

Couple things

First of all, the onlin eexperience has left me washed up and abused. I was a shooting star that never materialized. Afte starting 6-0, I am now a paltry 17-25!!! haha. The beautiful thing is that every KO still makes me laugh my ass off. Poetry in motion.

Second, for those that use the buttons instead of the TPC toggle, you can throw uppercuts by pressing the straight and hook buttons together. For example, X+[] makes a left hook.

Before I forget - Placebo and DSGG, did y'all see Klitschko get waxed on Saturday??

He looked impressive as hell for the first 2 rounds. I even had begun to think that i had pegged him all wrong as being a crap fighter. . . . but then he was outta gas in the 3rd and taken out shortly thereafter . .. by Lamon Brewster, who hasnt fought in 18 months!! :mrgreen:

I'm telling you in 2 weeks Corrie Sanders is gonna KO his brother and put the flying K brothers into retirement. Vitali carries his right hand low before and after punches and methinks a crushing left hand will fell the Ukraine giant within 5 rounds. It could be really early.

I'm thinking of dropping some $$ on it.

I don't have satelite or cable or any other shit so didn't see the fight.
I hope that Sanders wins to shut up all the Lewis hating vitali bandwagon jumping racist motherfuckers.

Waldy is a dam buster, Vitali is gonna toast sanders good,

just wondering is the create mode extensive as i would like to create spinks, judah, hatton etc

Yeah I think Vitali will beat him, he has a bit more steel than his brother. I thought Sanders the last time just threw his arms like a madman and caught Wladimir who couldn't handle the punches. Maybe Sanders is more technical than that, but just my impression from what I saw.

Got this game anyway, it's brilliant. I'm starting off with a created fighter, however I hate this rating points thing. I would love a maximum points thing so I could really go to town on someones face. :mrgreen: Find it quite hard, as I'm a bit too gung-ho and usually find myself getting caught on the counter. The controls feel a bit uncomfortable too, but I'll get used to it. I won Newcomer of the Year. :mrgreen:

FD

csaunders said:
ghazi, should i get this or MVP baseball? I have online as well, so soon we will be boxing...

Let me put it this way - no sports game makes you feel so alive as when you land a 5 punch combo on a guy who is already on his way to the mat. It is a religious experience, Csaunders. :mrgreen:

To be honest, I dont like baseball, and I have not played a baseball game since Nintendo, so my opinion is biased 100%. (I have heard great things about the EA baseball game, tho).

Get 'em both!

I have got this game, it is brilliant, excellent music, excellent player likeness but it is very hard using the right analogue stick to throw punches, i have played 2, lost 2 both in the 2nd round. Can't find Ricky Hatton, hope he is unlockable. Worth buying if you are a massive boxing fan, worth downloading like i did if you aren't.

Back
Top Bottom