The Fifa 2010 Media Reviews Thread

Scutch

Futsal Master
31 October 2006
Cumbria, UK
Tottenham Hotspur
As there'll be a whole host of magazine, newspaper and other media reviews hot off the press soon, how about a lovely "reviews" thread?

First up, and out today, the summary from a 2 page spread from Gamesmaster Magazine :

Gamesmaster Magazine

+ The new faster crossing
+ 360 degree dribbling
+ Out set-pieces working

- Losing. By 9 goals to Andy, our producer.
- That it's so tough to score with headers unless you're three yards out

Graphics 90%
It's lagging behind the beautiful PES 2010 - Rooney isn't that Rooney-like.

Gameplay 92%
Brilliantly balanced, tonnes of depth, innovate features. A beautiful game.

Lifespan 96%
Hours and hours both online and off - Be a Pro, Virtual Pro and more

Overall 92%
Another year of improvement for the best simulation of footy going. Are you watching PES?

Keep 'em coming!

Last edited:
There's also a comprehensive 6 page Skills and Celebrations Guide in Gamesmaster Magazine, showing how to pull off certain moves and tricks.

Quite handy and informative, actually, reading through it.

There's also a comprehensive 6 page Skills and Celebrations Guide in Gamesmaster Magazine, showing how to pull off certain moves and tricks.

Quite handy and informative, actually, reading through it.

any chance you could scan it?

Fifa 10 - 1/10 awful game.
Pes 2010 - 14/10 best game of any kind ever released ever.

WENB.com

Damn those guys. Damn them to hell...

any chance you could scan it?

I don't have a scanner mate. I'll try and take some pics and upload them :COOL:

EDIT : Actually, it's probably better just buying the magazine if you can. The text is tiny and there's so many moves it would be difficult to blow it up.

I did also notice in the review it says you can send you keeper back to his line when he comes out by double tapping Y/Triangle (PS3/XB360).

I think a few folk claimed this was a new feature, while others doubted it would be there, but it appears so.

I don't have a scanner mate. I'll try and take some pics and upload them :COOL:

EDIT : Actually, it's probably better just buying the magazine if you can. The text is tiny and there's so many moves it would be difficult to blow it up.

Ok no worrys

IGN UK review is up!!! 9.3

FIFA 10 perfects the formula laid down when the series made its debut on the current generation and the end result is a game that’s one of the most refined, polished and compelling takes on the beautiful game – and arguably of any given sport. While this year’s improvements might seem slight on paper, each one is perfectly pitched and works together to create an experience that’s an improvement on last year’s game in every conceivable way; the on-pitch action is superlative, its matches playing out with an authenticity that’s unprecedented, while the numerous modes present near-countless ways to engage with the action. The only question is where EA can take the series next? Improving on this is going to be one hell of a task.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1028164p1.html

Swedish Gamereactor review (only paper yet though, internet review not allowed until tomorrow.

8/10

"An already excellent football game taken to the next level. Better physics, smoother game speed and a more responsive control contributes to a very strong eight."

Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-10-review

Pro Evolution Soccer finds itself in the Liverpool role these days. Demoted to second-best in 2008 after a few years of increasing stagnation, Konami will not enjoy FIFA 10. Conflicting embargoes mean that we can't put the two latest instalments head to head until our PES 2010 review on 15th October, but unless something dramatic has happened since last month, the gap is ever more significant. If last year saw FIFA knocking PES off its perch, this year it's chasing it around the birdcage with a plank of wood and a sledgehammer.

The Eurogamer review is excellent. Seems very balanced, offering ideas as to what still needs work.

It also says that one of the patterns of play that happens more often than others (which they point out is the case in every football game ever) is a lob being tipped round the post by the keeper.

As in, NOT GOING IN!!

Awesome-o.

The Eurogamer review is excellent. Seems very balanced, offering ideas as to what still needs work.

It also says that one of the patterns of play that happens more often than others (which they point out is the case in every football game ever) is a lob being tipped round the post by the keeper.

As in, NOT GOING IN!!

Awesome-o.
:LOL:

Some really good reviews so far. Just can't wait for October 2nd, seems miles away.

10/10 or 100% (maybe even 9/10 or 90%) should be reserved for games that have had a revolutionary effect on gaming in one way or another imo... FIFA 10, although very impressive, is not one of those games.

10/10 or 100% (maybe even 9/10 or 90%) should be reserved for games that have had a revolutionary effect on gaming in one way or another imo... FIFA 10, although very impressive, is not one of those games.

then neither will halo 3, COD MW2, etc.

Earlier I went and asked my local video game shop seller if he had the FIFA10 games and he said yes he has them and I wanted to buy one directly but he laughed at me and told me to be patient and that he wasn't allowed bla bla bla....
I wanted to punch the cunt

Earlier I went and asked my local video game shop seller if he had the FIFA10 games and he said yes he has them and I wanted to buy one directly but he laughed at me and told me to be patient and that he wasn't allowed bla bla bla....
I wanted to punch the cunt

Well he was just asking for more money. So give him an extra 20 quid.

Back
Top Bottom