The Fifa 2010 Media Reviews Thread

Earlier I went and asked my local video game shop seller if he had the FIFA10 games and he said yes he has them and I wanted to buy one directly but he laughed at me and told me to be patient and that he wasn't allowed bla bla bla....
I wanted to punch the cunt

Has he fuck got them.

Also what did I say about that keeper running back towards the goal animation. :RANT:

9.3 from IGN is extremely great! Considering they have ties with Konami/PES. Usually they slate Fifa even if it's a good game, and always give PES a higher score. This time around, they would lose total credibility if they slated Fifa. They probably wanted to but it's probably too obvious that it isa great game. Watch them give PES a 9.4 at the least. Watch. They may be forced to praise Fifa, but not at PES' cost. Watch!

Classic quote from Eurogamer review of Fifa 2010:

...Pro Evolution Soccer finds itself in the Liverpool role these days. Demoted to second-best in 2008 after a few years of increasing stagnation, Konami will not enjoy FIFA 10. Conflicting embargoes mean that we can't put the two latest instalments head to head until our PES 2010 review on 15th October, but unless something dramatic has happened since last month, the gap is ever more significant. If last year saw FIFA knocking PES off its perch, this year it's chasing it around the birdcage with a plank of wood and a sledgehammer...

Last edited:
This looks like Fifa's year once again. I don't doubt it, the pes 2010 demo was a frustrating bore while fifa 10 is the complete opposite in every way.

Swedish Gamereactor review (only paper yet though, internet review not allowed until tomorrow.

8/10

"An already excellent football game taken to the next level. Better physics, smoother game speed and a more responsive control contributes to a very strong eight."

This site scored uncharted AT a 8 as well which was a 9-10 to all the others.

Earlier I went and asked my local video game shop seller if he had the FIFA10 games and he said yes he has them and I wanted to buy one directly but he laughed at me and told me to be patient and that he wasn't allowed bla bla bla....
I wanted to punch the cunt

should have punched him in the throat mate, and said "who's laughing now?". :RANT:

Eurogamer.de (german) Fifa 10 review:

"After the previously mentioned 40 to 50 hours I spent with it, I have to say that Fifa 10 definitely plays in another league than Fifa 09. It is often said that annual updates are unnecessary. In this case EA Sports clearly proves the exact opposite. Fifa 10 marks a distinct advancement and grabs you by the first match at the latest. Anyone who has the slightest interest in football has to have Fifa 10."

9/10

It was translated by me. I hope you guys don't have a problem understanding it ;)

Eurogamer.de (german) Fifa 10 review:

"After the previously mentioned 40 to 50 hours I spent with it, I have to say that Fifa 10 definitely plays in another league than Fifa 09. It is often said that annual updates are unnecessary. In this case EA Sports clearly proves the exact opposite. Fifa 10 marks a distinct advancement and grabs you by the first match at the latest. Anyone who has the slightest interest in football has to have Fifa 10."

9/10

It was translated by me. I hope you guys don't have a problem understanding it ;)

No doubt a better translation than Babelfish usually manages. Cheers mate.

http://level7.nu/spel/spel.php?id=5059&show=text&aid=192101

9/10
"To put 70% of the development on improve on what the fans have complained or have had opinions about is of course very clever, and was just what the series needed. The gameplay is now very good and just miss a little less scripted ball physics, greater individuality and a slightly less sluggish feeling. The Virtual Pro-mode, an improved online mode, more realistic manager mode and the Lounge Mode for those who prefer to play against friends on the same console easily outweighs the shortages."

They are a very PES-friendly site so this is a very good score..

EA is tricking them and us!

We're being hypnotized into believing this is a good game and I suspect this 360° movement is how they're doing it. Players being able to run in full circles, this can be no coincidence.

;)

damn FIFA 10 is getting sick reviews across the board. Major props to the guys in canada. They have done a great job again!

Yeah, the reviews all seem to be glowing.

I must admit, I've hardly played the demo (because I despise playing against the cpu) and in the half dozen or so matches I played, my impressions were it was hardly any different to 09.

But when even the cocks at IGN give it a good score, and with all the other reviews speaking of the improvements over 09, I'm finally starting to look forward to 10 so I can play it online and experience it for myself.

Is coding players to go on mazy dribbles hard or something? Why haven't they still improved that? PES has had that forever. I want to see Messi pick up the ball and take my defender on. This is what FIFA lacks. Players having individual special abilities like in PES.

I'm not trying to troll btw. I just mostly play vs the A.I and get tired of each team employing the same patterns.

Is coding players to go on mazy dribbles hard or something? Why haven't they still improved that? PES has had that forever. I want to see Messi pick up the ball and take my defender on. This is what FIFA lacks. Players having individual special abilities like in PES.

I'm not trying to troll btw. I just mostly play vs the A.I and get tired of each team employing the same patterns.

I think when you get used to the controlled dribble, then the possibilities of this is high. But it will take a bit of practice :DD

As quite a few folk have found out and mentioned, this years has taken big steps forward in this department. Close control and dribbling allows you to beat defenders and go on runs.

I know what you mean, as I'm a flair lover myself, and it can be frustrating not being able to beat a defender through a touch of skill and pace, but it looks like this year it could be different. Here's hoping, anyway.

he's talking about the AI opponent dribbling past us, not the other way around

Last edited:
As quite a few folk have found out and mentioned, this years has taken big steps forward in this department. Close control and dribbling allows you to beat defenders and go on runs.

I know what you mean, as I'm a flair lover myself, and it can be frustrating not being able to beat a defender through a touch of skill and pace, but it looks like this year it could be different. Here's hoping, anyway.

You guys misunderstand me I think. I'm talking about the A.i opponent. not the team i'm using. If i'm Bayern and I am playing against Barca(who are controlled by the AI) I want to see Messi actively dribble with the ball and take me on.

he's talking about the AI beating us, not the other way around

Yeah, I think that's what he meant too, and I agree with him. One thing that really made me think "it's still the same as 09" was in my first match in the demo and almost immediately seeing a guy in the cpu team get the ball and do that go-for-a-long-pointless-walk-with-the-ball-in-a-straight-line-across-the-middle-of-the-pitch thing that happened far too often in 09.

That, and the fact they will be clean through on your keeper and simply walk into him.

The AI is, frankly, garbage.

Thankfully the A.I opposition seem to be able to score from outside the box now. Atleast in the demo they can. I don't think I conceded 1 goal from outside the box throughout all my time with FIFA 09. I want to see Lampard trying from far distances etc.

I realise this is prolonging the off-topic nature of this thread, but whilst on the subject, thinking back to the games I played with the demo, did anyone else find the post still being struck far too often?

I'm sure I read somethging from Rutter about how in 10 "the ball will not hit the post so much", immediately indicating that it was scripted to hit the posted in 09 (which in itself opens up a whole can of worms about the integrity of the phyics model - a physics model in which I have little faith), but if anything, it seemed even worse in the 10 demo.

And thinking about it, the cpu never actually scored a legitimate goal against me (albeit I was playing on prof, not world class). After about 6 matches, they'd hit my post at least 10 times and I ended up scoring a deliberate OG just to satisfy myself that the ball would actually go into my net.

Of course it is scripted on semi and assisted, same in PES. Problem with FIFA is that the margin of error was probably to narrow, making it hit the post often instead of going wider or more inside the goal.

Back
Top Bottom