The Fifa 2010 Media Reviews Thread

Rang one of the independent shops (NL) yesterday and he said they were being sent out on monday and he will hopefully have them for sale on tuesday. Just happens that due to work commitments I have tuesday morning off, although I won't have much time to play it till thursday :(.

gonnna be interesting to see how Famitsu scores FIFA this year considering all the high scores it has been getting.

Heard a rumor that Edge magazine has scored FIFA 10 9/10. Any confirmation??

Edit

Edge #207 (November) scores:
Demon's Souls - 9
Section 8 - 7
Mini Ninjas - 7
Katamari Forever - 7
Need For Speed: Shift - 8
WET - 5
FIFA 10 - 9
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 7
Motorstorm Arctic Edge - 7
Gran Turismo PSP - 7
Guitar Hero 5 - 7
The Beatles: Rock Band - 7
Zuma's Revenge - 8
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box - 7
Blood Bowl - 3
Metroid Prime Trilogy - 8

Time Extended: God Hand
The Making of: god of War

Features: An audience with Jeff Minter, Renaissance Hitman(Assassin's Creed 2), article on Castlevania, Mega Pixels - Wardevil

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what PS3M scored the game, as in the latest issue (out today I believe), PES10 and FIFA10 go head to head.

I do, being Chinese and all- Singaporean-, but I've absolutely no idea why he posted what he did. Right now, I'm wondering if FIFA10 is worth buying an Xbox for!

I think these rave reviews are going to be the downfall of FIFA. It's not about resting on laurels or anything; it's about them now thinking that their gameplay is spot on, or very much in the right direction. It really isn't. The pace difference between PES and FIFA is mortifying.

Up until recently I've felt that FIFA was the game that needed fewer changes to become perfect, but I think that, as bad as 2008 and 2009 were and as bad as a number of aspects of it are, Konami still have the right mindset in terms of what makes a deep football game. I feel like I can go into the training mode in PES and muck about in free 11 vs 1 mode, learning how to do certain things and improving my understanding of the tools I have to work with. In FIFA, other than trying tricks or making set-pieces, I don't really feel like there's as much there for me to learn or discover. Just look at what EA have done with free kicks as an example. It's appalling.

Unless EA take all the fan criticism to heart (and I don't mean the bugs), FIFA 10 may well be EA's PES 2008 before they have even had a chance to make their PES 5.

Man, if it's one thing I miss about WE9LE in either of the modern games it's the freekicks. I've never felt like I had as much control over set pieces as I did in that game.

lol, romagnoli I definitely agree about that last sentence because FIFA is still very exploitable, and assisted controls are the tip of the iceberg that will make this game go down in infamy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom