The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [All Platforms]

Unsure on the Smithing skills, but I'm level 50 or thereabouts I think.

The Ebony bow I picked up from the Training Room in the TG. I think it was from the Expert Chest (there are chests from Novice through to Master). Perhaps the contents are random.

I'm still on 20 or whatever you start at as a Nord from smithing, I may not be able to upgrade the bow like you then :(
I better start Smithing, I have loads of ingots in my chest at home, maybe I could get my War Hammer damage up around 80 aswel. I have perked my Two Handed right up so I do an extra 80% damage with those weapons, if I had a weapon with damage like that I would be deadly.

The only chests I have looked in at the TG have not required picking, I will have a proper look round on Saturday.
Did you go into the vaults in the TG? Its through a door in the Ragged Flagon. I went in once by mistake and there was a guy in there who attacked me, I was wondering if theres some nice loot to be had in there.

Last edited:
I'm still on 20 or whatever you start at as a Nord from smithing, I may not be able to upgrade the bow like you then :(
I better start Smithing, I have loads of ingots in my chest at home, maybe I could get my War Hammer damage up around 80 aswel. I have perked my Two Handed right up so I do an extra 80% damage with those weapons, if I had a weapon with damage like that I would be deadly.

The only chests I have looked in at the TG have not required picking, I will have a proper look round on Saturday.
Did you go into the vaults in the TG? Its through a door in the Ragged Flagon. I went in once by mistake and there was a guy in there who attacked me, I was wondering if theres some nice loot to be had in there.

I take it you've been accepted into the Thieves Guild? If not I wouldn't go breaking in there. Once you're in you get the full roam of the place and can take anything from the chests without repercussion. Like I say, the training room houses the best chests. It's training because those chests train and level up your lockpick skills. I'd advise you save before attempting the Expert and Master level locks as they can be a right pain and you'll lose a lot of lockpicks in the process.

You can use an exploit to improve your smithing (buy loads of iron ingots and leather strips, then create iron daggers at the forge in Whiterun. Your smithing will increase after each one made for the early stages. You then sell the iron daggers - although they don't sell for much, so you will end up losing more than you make). This will obviously level up your character too, but not so you'll notice any real changes to the environment around you. It is cheating and it isn't, I guess. You might want to create 50 iron daggers. It's your decision to make.

Scutch I just spent about 20 mins and over 100 lockpicks getting into the master chest in the Thieves Guild training room, there was a bow in there alright, a damn hunting bow with damage of............. ELEVEN :LMAO:.

I completed the Thieves Guild main quests last night. Have to do all the little misc ones for the armour, IIRC. Still got a decent perk at the end of the main quest.

Also found the horn for the Greybeards so got my 3rd word for the Unrelenting Force shout. Tried it out on my companion and blew him off the side of the cliff. LOL. Reload.

Also, Marcurio is awesome as a follower. You can hire him in Riften in the Inn. He's an apprentice mage and he doesn't fuck about at all.

Not sure what level I am on, 19 or 20 maybe. I wont be reloading and opening that master chest again, takes too long and its quite frustrating. I would probably do it if I was guaranteed the Ebony Bow but as I now know thats not the case :P.

You played over 60 hours and only have 3 shouts? I have 4 I think, maybe 5 and I am still under 30 hours in.

What power did you choose from Nocturnal at the end of the TG quest? I wanted Strife but I keep on walking over Subterfuge to get to it.

Not sure what level I am on, 19 or 20 maybe. I wont be reloading and opening that master chest again, takes too long and its quite frustrating. I would probably do it if I was guaranteed the Ebony Bow but as I now know thats not the case :P.

You played over 60 hours and only have 3 shouts? I have 4 I think, maybe 5 and I am still under 30 hours in.

What power did you choose from Nocturnal at the end of the TG quest? I wanted Strife but I keep on walking over Subterfuge to get to it.

No mate, I got my third word for the Unrelenting Force shout. So it's fully powered now. I have about 8 or 9 shouts in total. They all consist of 3 words, so if you have the 1st word of the shout, it's the lowest power. You can see where I'm going.

The Unrelenting Force shout is the only one so far I've fully unlocked (all 3 words).

Yes mate I chose Strife - full moon. Invisibility seemed decent enough but as soon as you use a weapon you lose the power and become visible again until you put the weapon away. Bit pointless.

Ah I see. Do you have the shout to knock the weapon out of an enemys hand? It doesnt work for me, you had much luck with it?

Ah I see. Do you have the shout to knock the weapon out of an enemys hand? It doesnt work for me, you had much luck with it?

I do have that yes, but haven't tried it yet.

I'd say that the shout is relevant to the opposition and the weapon they are carrying. For example, trying to use a 1 word shout against a Dremora Lord might not do anything, but the fully powered 3 word shout should definitely knock the weapon from their hand.

I think the dispossess shout only works on steel weapons. Makes sense I guess, it would be a bit overpowered if it worked on all of them.

I've done loads today and yesterday. Well, I say loads, more like a few quests which have taken ages. I'm now getting to the stage where I feel like I'm close to overpowering any enemy, which is great.

I have a crafted Legendary Daedric Bow now, with a damage rating of 108. I can make loads of money with my Smithing skills now, too. Only Dragon smithing left to perk up (I'm level 96 on Smithing).

That bow can literally take down almost any decent spec enemy in 1 or 2 hits, added to my apparel bow upgrades/perks. Hell, even the giants fall in 3 to 4 arrow strikes in stealth mode. Still getting my arse handed to me in certainly situations but overall I'm really pleased with my character at the moment. Currently doing the Companions quests - I'm on the last one now. Still haven't touched the Dark Brotherhood or Imperials either. Main Quest wise I'm to go to Alduin's Wall. Other than that, it's just been side quests and miscellaneous stuff I've been doing, as well as upping my skill levels. Overall I'm rank 41 now and 82 hours played.

Got my first dragon soul. I'm only a few hours in though and level 4. I also have one word of the unrelenting force shout. How do you recharge your shout?
Also where can i get my hands on some of that electricity power in my left hand? I've only picked up and used one fire scroll so far.

Got my first dragon soul. I'm only a few hours in though and level 4. I also have one word of the unrelenting force shout. How do you recharge your shout?
Also where can i get my hands on some of that electricity power in my left hand? I've only picked up and used one fire scroll so far.

Your shout recharges after about 30 seconds or so, depending on the shout and level it's at. The compass at the top of the screen should go blue and fade to the edges. When it's completely clear your shout is ready again.

As for the electric/shock spell, the chap in the General Goods store in Riverwood sells them. They are under his "Books" section when you speak to him, and Spells. Once you've bought or picked up a spell book, go to your inventory and to your books section, then read it. This will unlock the spell for you to use.

Level 28 and just doing the Greybeard missions, finally. I've been doing the side missions and got myself built up to the point where most battles aren't much of a challenge so that's pretty nice :)

Level 28 and just doing the Greybeard missions, finally. I've been doing the side missions and got myself built up to the point where most battles aren't much of a challenge so that's pretty nice :)

Feel the same. Really pleased with my character development now.

Sneak 99
Archery 75
Smithing 96

Level 41.

For those looking for capable followers, Marcurio is incredible. He's only an Apprentice Mage but he takes down most things quite easily.

He's in the Inn at Riften sitting by the door.

Lydia is at home and has been for quite some time now. This guy is awesome.

Thanks for the info Scutch.

What's the benefit of a follower? Just someone to help you kick ass?

And to help you carry loot :)

Yup. These basically.

They have an exploit which allows unlimited carrying capacity, too.

Simply drop any item on the ground and ask them to pick it up. It doesn't go against their inventory weight. So they could be carrying the entire Skyrim world in their pockets. Excellent for dragon bones and scales and other heavy armour and weapons you wish to sell later. Simply go to a shop, trade them back to your inventory and sell them. When the shopkeeper runs out of cash, simply wait 48 hours (using the wait function) and the shopkeeper has his stock and cash replenished.

It's not unlimited. They can carry a lot but there's been a few times when I've collected dragon bones and I can't give them to the follower because they're carrying so much.

It's not unlimited. They can carry a lot but there's been a few times when I've collected dragon bones and I can't give them to the follower because they're carrying so much.

It must be a hell of a limit then.

Marcurio on mine at one point was carrying 21 dragon bones, 18 scales, 8 sets of glass armour along with boots, gauntlets, helmets and glass weapons as well as his own stuff and other bits and bobs I'd picked up.

Do you actually give items to your follower or do you only drop the items and get them to pick it up? Maybe the limit is bypassed if they pick up the items?

Do you actually give items to your follower or do you only drop the items and get them to pick it up? Maybe the limit is bypassed if they pick up the items?

Trade with them which does hit a limit. At which point I drop any items on the floor or tell the follower to take the contents of a chest rather than me carrying it.

For dragon bones, I always pick them up and then drop them on the floor and ask the follower to pick them up. Doesn't seem to stack at all.

Back
Top Bottom