The Browser Thread: FF, Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari

DAmmit, that's one of those problems that are hard to fix.

Try uninstalling every video related plugin you have, and get rid of everything adobe. Then reinstall.

Still no luck, I give up, the Walkman is out now so videos should be popping up all over the internet.

Thanks anyway.

Hi..

I am always using the firefox and the firefox is really the best browser others like chrome, ie, safari, opera is not the best browser like firefox..
In firefox we can open any type of site and also we cant seen any problem in downloading and in opening the sites.....

I think I'll give the Windows version a try.

Edit: Does seem a bit faster, not much but it is faster than Firefox. I like that Top Sites view. Might give this a bit of a run, seems interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I get some kinda app for it which will let me know when I get an email in my Gmail account?

You do know applications are software? ;)

That's a deal-breaker for me. If I can't get real-time email notifications then I'll stick with Firefox I reckon.

I use Firefox - I have tried using IE, Opera, Chrome and Safari but the difference in loading speeds is negligible and i'm too used to the Firefox theme.

Adblock Plus is another reason why I use Firefox - no pop ups or adverts :).

I'll give that a try.

My lot

Last edited:
Anybody using the latest beta of Firefox? CLICK

The advertising blurb said it was three times faster than Firefox 3, and ten times faster than Firefox 2. Surprisingly it seems to be true, it goes like greased lightning; FSB and other sites used to take 5-6 seconds to load up for me, now it's instantaneous. :TU:

Last edited:
You tried Safari, Chris? Is it faster than that?

Edit: Bloody hell, it's MILES faster than the old Firefox!

Never tried Safari, when I get used to something I get annoyed trying to use anything else. Don't know if it's any faster than Safari but it's definitely the fastest Firefox to date. There's a speed graph somewhere, I'll see if I can find it again...

EDIT: Apparently it is faster than Safari, I can't find the graph I found before but here's two similar ones covering PC and Mac seperately. Lower numbers = faster browsing.

sunspider_test_465.png

sunspider-ff3b5-macosx.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see how it compares with Safari 4.... which I can notice is a lot faster and lighter than Safari 3. Will try the Firefox beta tonight.

Btw FF 3.5 is out so go get.

Didn't notice anything diferent. Not even speed. Although I keep readin it is faster then 3.0

The beta 3.5 I'm using crashes LOADS, quite unstable I've found.

Upgraded to the final 3.5 and just had it crash twice within a minute :ROLL:

3.5 feels a bit faster, I can now visit the Engadget site with no problems now.

Since upgrading to Windows 7, Ad Block Plus in Firefox isn't doing its job properly, whenever I go to websites I'm greeted with tons of adverts (not pop ups). In Vista the same websites never showed any adverts.

Anyone else notice this?

Back
Top Bottom