The Browser Thread: FF, Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari

Revan

out the window
8 August 2003
Madeira, Portugal.
FC Porto
Well recently Google decided to release Chrome. A brand new browser.
With the likes of IE, Firefox, Safari and Opera I though we should concentrate all our browser ranting in one thread.

I just today installed Chrome. Looks very IE, minimal skin style, which by the way I enjoy, although I have been prefering FF due to it's enormous quantity of Add-Ons.

It feels faster but this is all just first impressions.

If it gets Ad Block then it will probably be my default browser.

Re: The Browser Thread: FF, Chrome, IE, Opera Safari

I'm happy enough with Firefox but I might try Chrome if it gets an adblock app as well.

I still prefer Opera on PC. Firefox is good too but Opera has everything I need out of the box and handles tabs better in my opinion. Firefox needs at least one add-on but otherwise is good and the add-ons are obviously immense in general, I use it a lot for web development work due to some of the development add-ons.

On Mac I see no need to use anything other than Safari.

Either way, most others are preferable to the bulging behemoth of non-standards that is IE though IE7 is at least a step in the right direction.

I'm certain Chrome was mainly released to record their user's surfing habits, so that Google can improve their future software. Gmail scans your emails, Google Desktop sends information to Google.... it all makes sense!

Chrome is the fastest of the lot apparently

FF with addons is they way to go though

Yep FF + Adblock and a few other crucial addons is the way to go. How would I even be on FSB if it weren't for all my video capture addons ;)

Opera FTW, esp with the speed dials!

Not sure if I like the new version of Safari :((:ANX:. I think the top sites thing only works on Macs too!

Wouldn't mind if I was actually able to download it for my Mac.

Apparently can't get it until I get the latest Security Update...which usually pops up...stupid Apple.

Opera is what I am using at the mo. They are all pretty much the same these browsers now

is the adblock add-on now known as adblock plus?

also, what are the essential add-ons that you guys can't live without...

i'm trying to make the leap from opera to firefox, but want the best experience possible when i get there...

yeah its adblock plus

you may want to search for "extended statusbar" which shows the page loading times ect at the bottom ala Opera and I use "paste and go" as well that Opera also has if i recall correctly

Brief Simple RSS reader.

Adblock Plus: No ads.
Add to Search Bar: A simple way to add search engines to the search bar.
ColorfulTabs: Makes easir to find tabs. A visual tweak.
Cooliris: A 3D wall of your search queries of images and videos. Works for Youtube, Google Images, ect.
Download StatusBar: Instead of the annoying transfers window, it shows our downloads on small bar at the botton.
FastDial: Opera style. Instead of the about:blank, we have our Bookmarks present here.
FireFTP: FTP client. Serves most people needs instead of having a dedicated FTP Client program.
Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer: Syncs and backups bookmarks. Love it.
Greasemonkey: You can add scripts that change the behavior of some websites.
Location Bar: Shows the web adresses in Chrome Style.
PDF Download: Just to avoid having to load a PDF on the browser, that sometimes causes weird behavior on FF.
Read it Later: It's kinda of a temporary bookmark.
StumbleUpon: ...
ThumbStrips: ThumbStrips is a Firefox extension that creates a filmstrip of thumbnails, so you can see your history, and stop guessing at page names in the history sidebar
Video DownloadHelper : Download videos form Youtube and the like...
TwitterFox: Access twitter from a small icon on the browser.

Back
Top Bottom