Star Wars: Battlefront [PC/PS4/XB1]

I pre-loaded on PC and will try the PS4 version as well..

Will be good to see how much the game has improved in the 3 months since the Alpha

It's alright - bit too spawn-die-spawn-die for me. Don't like getting killed over and over again by people shooting from 10 miles away with bog-standard guns, seems a bit stupid.

The AT-AT mode is better but I've not seen anyone actually beat the AT-ATs yet...

Not hugely impressed.

After 10 games I'm underwhelmed. I started out spawn-die-spawn-die for 2-3 games and then when I figured out the weapons, equipment, and maps I started finishing in the top 5 pretty consistently, racking up kills, yet still never feeling like I was making any real difference.

This game needs to improve its objective instructions as there is very little coordination amongst teammates and there is little feedback if either side is making a surge of progress.

Bad Company 2 is still the last great Battlefield game for me. Despite the audio and visual being fantastic Star Wars nostalgia fuel, the overall gameplay and combat leaves a lot to be desired.

The power-ups and vehicles are no where near as amazing as controlling a Titan in Titanfall and becoming Vader or Skywalker feels less powered than controlling a guardian in Destiny.

I'm likely to pass on this one, and I really had my eyes on it.

Yeah it's not very good.

The audio is great, graphics lovely. But vehicles feel underwhelming and the way to get into them feels really crappy (pick up power up tokens)

The worst part is on hoth, the spawn points are a fucking mess and you can spawn camp the rebel base in the ATST and get 100+ kills and like 2 deaths. Rebels should be spawning INSIDE their base and an objective for the empire should be somewhere they have to fight for like destroying a generator inside a building not out in the open where it's literally just a case of waiting for the ATAT to get close and almost automatically capture the outposts and advance closer. The whole map is badly designed, it's far too narrow, very little cover for the rebels.

I do like the horde mode though. That's fun for a short while.

I played a few games on the PS4 and PC and it felt a complete mess..

On Hoth all what happened is you spawned walked outside and got killed by an AT AT.. But then I didn't notice this before because I don't remember vehicles being in the Alpha.

The single player - 2 player thing hasn't improved at all - still terrible and boring..

I dunno, I thought everyone would hate it but looking at NeoGAF there's a lot of people who think it's great.

The more I play it, the more I strongly dislike it. Spawn, die, spawn, die, rage quit.

I think the problem is Hoth is incredibly unbalanced towards to the Empire and probably should not of been used as the basis of the game. Or they should of had the game the same as the Alpha and not put the vehicles in, as it was better without the vehicles.

I am so tempted now to ask for a refund on my pre-order as not enjoying the BETA at all.

If you get a proper rebel team which also keeps track of the objectives you´ll win pretty easy. Besides that the rebels can turn around any game if the can manage the Snowspeeder takedown.

I just never got a feeling that my actions (in the Hoth battle) really made much difference. On the Rebel side, I did get an AT-AT takedown with a snowspeeder once, but other than that, there's not a lot of feedback to the player as to how things are going in the battle and how the player is actually effecting things.

The things that help the rebels win are activating and defending uplinks,shooting Tie Fighters and doing snowspeeder Takedowns.

And of course the attacking of the AT ATs with rpgs or orbital strikes.

The game needs an engrossing single player experience with the multiplayer tagged on.

Then it would seem to be a worthy purchase.

As is, it's very meh

The hoth map just feels like a really poor re designed rush mode.

It needs better map design though. more cover, better spawn points. and one of the objectives should always be inside a structure so the empire have to actually do something instead of just picking rebels off from a distance and waiting for the ATAT/ATSTs to spawn camp and then get easy captures.

OF COURSE.... the rebels can win if you have a great squad who communicate and plan attacks and everyone knows what they're doing and the moons of Saturn are in alignment with Mars and you get orbital strikes and a load of other things all swing in their favour.

It just shouldn't be that difficult for them while the empire get it far too easy.

Map design been terrible in recent Battlefields too.

Not to mention overall balance, in weapons, vehicles and stuff.

I am officially worried we will never get a great FPS again.

But there's still hope the other modes will be better though, I will try Battlefront again once the game is out.

I bought and pre-ordered the game ages ago for £30 for the deluxe edition.

I might do the EA Origin return thing though as not played it yet but the BETA sucked.

I will try the full game at some point but was pretty unimpressed with the BETA, even more so given that I was impressed by the Alpha.

Last edited:
They've admitted that they've set out to make an accessible game that doesn't have a great deal of progression involved. So essentially, it's a spawn-die-spawn-die game that doesn't require a great deal of skill and doesn't have a lot to see. And that's supposed to be a good thing?

Definitely not for me, and the EA Access trial has proven that 100%, especially when you're being sniped by people who aren't using snipers.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I quite fancied this just because it was Star Wars. I did want a Storymode though.

As for Hoth, the Rebels got their asses handed to them anyway, so guess that's just the way it's gonna really go.

FD

Back
Top Bottom