Star Wars: Battlefront [PC/PS4/XB1]

Got an email today inviting me to join the Alpha preview which starts on the 2nd July..

Don't know how long it lasts for but will post a few quick videos.

There's a 16 minute video floating around from E3 that shows it in a not so great light.

Loads of on screen pats on the head '6 kill blaster streak'. 'Firefighter ready'.
And worse, no climbing into vehicles and taking off. You pick a vehicle and pop, you're warped up into the sky instantly.

On and the bikes in the woods taking down that walker. Apparently that's all done via on screen QTE on rails.

There's a 16 minute video floating around from E3 that shows it in a not so great light.

You are communicating via the very internet in which this video resides and you don't have a link to it? ;)

On and the bikes in the woods taking down that walker. Apparently that's all done via on screen QTE on rails.

Need more than speculation, im sure there will be some drawbacks for sure but need to see this really. Then gain if you think about it how can speeder bikes at that pace in dense forest be "open" to use .. i'm just thinking if I made this game how could that be achieved without it being scripted to a point.

Think about matching the dense forest used in real film (they copied this closely) and then multiple player speeder bikes (name is the clue) zipping around at full pelt with free moment, not sure how I would be able to make it completely open without slowing the pace, or making the forest less dense.

Seems pretty obvious that some of the "moments" they want to capture from the films had some trade off to a more cut scene/script event approach, I never thought for one minute this entire thing would be fully open world. The balance they need not to disappoint is making levels that are open large enough (and varied), and these script events used in the right places and not milked to bore players.

Last edited:
The video keeps being pulled so my link was dead when I posted that. Id found it in the thread on the eurofamer forums. Currently its on the 2nd the last page - but you can read the comments from people who saw it to decipher what it showed.

how do people jump about so high and have these protective blue domes around them.

I have a hand pack chosen but no idea how to use those features

Don't think your meant to talk about it no.

I thought the game was really good, it was basically Battlefield with Star Wars but didn't feel so close counter combat.

Graphics were also very impressive, game looked gorgeous and didn't notice any frame drops which is some going for an Alpha.
I don't think the game will look as good as it does when released as I am sure it will be dumped down for the consoles.

Overall though very good first impressions and glad I bought the deluxe edition a while back.

I did do two 10 minute vids of both the multiplayer and single player(which was piss poor) but I don't think I can upload them.

What about jumping into vehicles? Was it as suggested, you basically get in and you're warped instantly into the air?

I did do two 10 minute vids of both the multiplayer and single player(which was piss poor) but I don't think I can upload them.

Nah but you can zip them to mega and PM ....... ** COUGH ** :) I joke, no dont share anything to get slammed if its not allowed.

What about jumping into vehicles? Was it as suggested, you basically get in and you're warped instantly into the air?

In the time I played I did not get to use any vehicles, just spent all my time as a storm trooper.

The overall game though did feel good, and was so much close quarter action like BF has become and it wasn't a case of run round a corner and get killed instantly.

Pretty sure I will get to play the BETA before release so might get to try videos then.

Any further news on this? It's going to be one hell of a game I reckon. Looking forward to it more than FIFA.

I really hope there's some kind of co-op.

Yeah but then we'll get the 'What's better, Battlefield v Battlefront'!

:LOL:

Completely depends on which Battlefield your comparing the game too...
Battlefield is now a close quarters call of duty clone with a few vehicles.
The original BF games were much better.

I thought Battlefront was really good when I played the Alpha back at the beginning of June and it was very promising, but the Tattoing map did make me hope this map will remain part of the single player and doesn't make it's way to the Multiplayer.

BETA starts for all system on 8th October till 12th October so anyone can give it a try via the various stores.

PC players can pre-load on Origin early.

Back
Top Bottom