Spore

You'll be very happy with the next stage.
I predict you'll stop playing in less than 1 hour :).

For the moment, to my opinion, it's very overrated.

For me the fun starts after tribe stage. Once you're fighting different countries it gets quite hard. I've just started colonizing around space. I've made 2 planets habitable.

Tuta- once you finish the tribal stage, you cant customize your creature anymore. I found that part of the game quite boring too, but I'm loving the part after.

Check out my battleship and one of my city inhabitants:

500019331609_lrg.png

500019332986_lrg.png

Last edited:
For me the fun starts after tribe stage. Once you're fighting different countries it gets quite hard. I've just started colonizing around space. I've made 2 planets habitable.

Tuta- once you finish the tribal stage, you cant customize your creature anymore. I found that part of the game quite boring too, but I'm loving the part after.

Check out my battleship and one of my city inhabitants:

500019331609_lrg.png

500019332986_lrg.png

Cool, looking good :)

Username is pboreham (shock).

Scoop is the GFs creature - it lives on planet Haagan Dazs.

I tried adding a buddy today and it's not finding you all... i added my brother to my buddy list and he showed up right away. Strange

It's the Yin and the Yang. The black and the white, the good and the bad. So it is with all things in life, and so it is with Spore in Europe, as although the game's finally been released (yay!) it's kinda broken (boooo). Specifically, the game's online modes are broken, with countless scores of Europeans unable to login and access them. If that's you, EA are aware of it, and are looking into it. That's the good. The bad is there's no timeline given, nor explanation, so a fix could come tomorrow, it could not come tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ahh... right I've added you to my list now. I'm still not able to find you through the search engine through your name or your created names.

Maybe that's part of the online problems?

So can everyone else post their spore page so we can add each other that way (You click the little + just to the right of where it says 'XXXXXXXXs Profile')

I'm about ready to throw this badly designed game into the bin.

I'm in the space stage and the controls are dire. First you have to right click around with your mouse or direction keys to move - then you have to left click the mouse to attack anything AS WELL as keeping the mouse arrow hovering over whatever you're shooting - something that is near impossible when there are 5 ships buzzing around you and constantly going off screen. Then you have to keep the middle mouse button pushed in to spin the camera around as it won't lock onto a target and turn the camera for you.

BUT doing this means you cant aim at any targets - so as you turn to face someone and then they buzz off the screen behind you while shooting you and you turn again and they buzz around shooting you and go off screen behind you... you die and then scream.

The other HUGE problem is constantly being told the target is out of range while they're able to blast you over and over. So you click ONCE to move forwards and you shoot at them but the game doesn't move you to DIRECTLY where you click - so you overshoot and end up being shot in the back and ... see above. And then you have the difficulty in guessing the height of objects and distances - something that looks to be right in front of you... when you tilt the view down you'll see they're miles above you or below you and thats why they were out of target.

I don't understand why you have to directly click on what you want to shoot whereas earlier you could just click on the target to aim at and then click the buttons at the bottom for it to auto attack.

-

Then... you have constant attacks from pirates who you have to solely defeat while the turrets on your planet do fuck all along with every other unit you have down there. You vs 10 other ships who can all shoot you with pin point accuracy is unbalanced. The AI are pixel perfect aimers and know EXACTLY what to do to kill you and the EXACT moment they can shoot.

Along with that, GTA style bollocks where your friends in space require you to constantly speak to them and do the odd job so they stay friends. And if you fail to they'll turn on you in an instant. Fly through their air space (or space, space as it is.. but that sounds stupid) and they get pissed at you again and somehow can attack you in space but you cant!

I don't understand why they decided to make the game so you are always the weaker of what you're up against. Is this the way they designed difficulty levels at maxis, just hand the enemy better weapons and more of them from the start?

The shitty warmongering AI reminds me of Civ Revolution

I've really enjoyed this so far but the controls and frequency of shit happening in the space stages are pissing me off big time. I'm deadly close to never touching this :censor: again.

I have it and have played it once and dont like it at all

Not even sure what to do really and really not arsed about finding out because it dosnt look any good anyway

Found a bug

I was using the warp tunnel that takes you back to your home planet in the space part of the game - well as im about to warp away i clicked on the city planner icon that was floating around and my game crashed.

No doubt once you start the warp tunnel you can't pause or stop it so going into the town plan mode meant my tunnel warped me to another world and the game crashed. I lose an hours worth of play as well!

-

More random creations

500043959014_lrg.png
500043667768_lrg.png
500039483739_lrg.png

Funny how they don't say they still bought the retail game AND downloaded the pirate version to play.

If they were making a serious stand they all would buy the retail copy and then download the drm free torrent.

Funny how they don't say they still bought the retail game AND downloaded the pirate version to play.

If they were making a serious stand they all would buy the retail copy and then download the drm free torrent.

But buying the retail copy completely defeats the object of their stance? They don't want to pay money for SecuRom games so that EA keep putting it in games.

I thought it was they want the game they just don't want the installation that comes with the disc. So they should buy the game - then download the torrent and tell EA what they've done to avoid their DRM. Show them they're not just a buinch of torrent downloading pirates - but customers who want to pay for the game but are refusing to install it legally while it comes with their shite. Instead they're saying 'im going to illegally download a game because I don't want the DRM' which EA will probably come back with 'no you've downloaded the game because your wanted something for nothing'.

If they wanted to make a serious stance then they should have just not bought or downloaded the game.

This quote I think hit the nail on the head;

I hope people realize that the reason why things like the DRM even exists in the first place is because people PIRATE stuff.

So, attempting to make a statement about the use of DRM by pirating the game isn't going to stop companies from using DRM. Rather it's just going to fuel more attempts at restricting potential theft of intellectual properties. Pirating the game isn't the answer.

I thought it was they want the game they just don't want the installation that comes with the disc. So they should buy the game - then download the torrent and tell EA what they've done to avoid their DRM. Show them they're not just a buinch of torrent downloading pirates - but customers who want to pay for the game but are refusing to install it legally while it comes with their shite. Instead they're saying 'im going to illegally download a game because I don't want the DRM' which EA will probably come back with 'no you've downloaded the game because your wanted something for nothing'.

If they wanted to make a serious stance then they should have just not bought or downloaded the game.

This quote I think hit the nail on the head;

But do you really believe all these people on torrent sites saying they're downloading it but have also bought it? I'd say maybe 5% of those people have bought it.

And if it is true that they've all bought it, EA are still smiling because they're still selling retail copies regardless.

this what the DRM and that 3 installation crap did to spore http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=9002

Good article, except for their exceptionally flawed maths:

the game has been torrented over 171,402 times.
At a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $49.99, that's approximately $8.56 million lost in profits within a 10-day period.

The profit on a $50 PC game is more like 20%-05% (depending on development costs, licensing fees etc. etc.)

Back
Top Bottom