Spore

I was looking on gamefaqs to see if I could answer JM's question about finding each others planets.

While I was looking I spotted this thread title;

So, I have this friend who has some illegal software on his computer...

Say some emulators, and limewire. Is SecuROM going to arrest me?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=926714&topic=43594326

Kinda give's it away when he says 'ME' at the end :LOL:

--

Anyway I found this line;

You trade content cards with your friends online, and then you populate planets manually with their creatures. You might be able to trade planets too, so you can "find" their planet and explore it, make peace with their creatures, or blow them up.

--
I'm certain it's not possible to find each others planets/creature while we're both playing the game though. The best it seems is we can share our content with each other and it would be updated daily as we play our own games for our friends.

So it's possible that I'll give my planets details to a friend and it will show up in their game under the control of the AI based on how I've played the game up until then (If I'm aggressive or friendly etc).

They can then attack it or leave it alone and as the days pass and as I update my real game it will also be updated in your game. So any buildings I build will appear or any vehicles i redesign will be updated for you to look at (though if I kill off hundreds of races they wont be killed off in your game as well)

Played the "Flow" game and it was pretty fun, although I did have to run it at low detail levels, still looked decent enough though.

Then my girlfriend started a game and she made it to land, and it got better there too. Might have to buy this one!

i dont't know exactly what to do in this game.
i can collect parts/ dna by beeing agressive or friendly to other creatures.
sometimes i hav to eat, sometimes i can modify my creature, what else can you do?

i find it boring walking around and nothing happens...

i dont't know exactly what to do in this game.
i can collect parts/ dna by beeing agressive or friendly to other creatures.
sometimes i hav to eat, sometimes i can modify my creature, what else can you do?

i find it boring walking around and nothing happens...

What 'level' are you on? Each level of evolution is like a different game completely - different style, objectives etc.

The Eurogamer review gave it 9/10 yesterday and said some of the early levels (whilst nice) can be dull at times, but it all leads up to the later levels and the final Space level is apparantly superb with loads to do (exploration, discovery, colonization, trading, piracy etc etc).

If you are on the 2nd level by the sound of it, this is where you discover land and are still really evolving your creature - so you have to wander around and learn how to kill or befriend other species. Once you've completed these tasks, then you move onto the Civilization stages (which Will Wright decribes as SimCity like!).

Keep going!

Mines been dispatcehd from Amazon and will arrive today so will be taking it online legally later. Hope some others of you buy it too and we can populate each other :LOL:

If anyone happens to be in Asda before lunchtime, can they check the price of Spore out? I might pick it up on my dinner.

Just read that Spore can only be installed three times, after that you need to call EA up.

http://www.simprograms.com/?p=692

Edit: Although I'm also seeing

* We (Maxis) authenticate your game online when you install and launch it the first
time.
* We’ll re-authenticate when a player uses online features, downloads new
content or a patch for their game.
* The new system means you don’t have to play with the disc in your computer. And if you are like me, always losing discs, this will be a huge benefit.
* You’ll still be able to install and play on multiple computers.
* You can play offline.

Last edited by a moderator:
The land level looked pretty fun, my girlfriend's creature was a herbivore so she played it peacefully, eating plants and singing/dancing with the other species :LOL:

I'm gonna be a nasty mofo and create a carnivore I reckon :DD

If anyone happens to be in Asda before lunchtime, can they check the price of Spore out? I might pick it up on my dinner.

Just read that Spore can only be installed three times, after that you need to call EA up.

http://www.simprograms.com/?p=692

Edit: Although I'm also seeing

Thats cool as i hate having to use the CD and also my GF wants me to install it on her PC and by the sound of it, this is possible (and encouraged by Maxis?!)...

The 3-install limit has put me off buying it, I'm afraid :(( The more I think of it, the more SecuRom sounds like a nightmare in its own right.

Also, I reinstall my OS frequently and I have no plans to sit on hold to a foreign call-centre for over an hour trying to get them to reactivate my game.

The 3-install limit has put me off buying it, I'm afraid :(( The more I think of it, the more SecuRom sounds like a nightmare in its own right.

Also, I reinstall my OS frequently and I have no plans to sit on hold to a foreign call-centre for over an hour trying to get them to reactivate my game.

Get a Mac :LOL: Its just arrived an installed, so gonna start it up now and see what happens re Online...

EDIT:

Typical, Registration is 'down for maintainence!' - why do they never get ready for launch day!?

Last edited:
Is it worth me picking it up. Thinking of going the ASDA to get it now but dont want to if there is registration problems

SecuRom apparantly messes with any disc-cloning tools, and can also mess with your optical drives. It also PERMANENTLY installs itself on your HDD and can't be removed, and I think some say slows your system down a bit.

And like I say, I rebuild my laptop frequently anyway so no point if I've got to phone EA every few months just so I can play the game again.

I'll pass and stick with the "trial" ;))

o snap are you serious? fuck that then

SecuRom apparantly messes with any disc-cloning tools, and can also mess with your optical drives. It also PERMANENTLY installs itself on your HDD and can't be removed, and I think some say slows your system down a bit.

And like I say, I rebuild my laptop frequently anyway so no point if I've got to phone EA every few months just so I can play the game again.

I'll pass and stick with the "trial" ;))

Dont know about the rest of it, but Daemon seems to be ok with the 'trial'...

Balls to you bloody 'triaists' anyway - get out there and buy the game like good folk (i.e. Me) :LOL:

Do we really need to play it online? Im thinking of sticking with Dags idea because I dont like the sound of SecuRom

well that secuROM is already in my fucking pc has i bought a legit version of a game called raceo07 a few months ago..doesnt have that 3 installation limit though but still :(

i recon prices of games should be cheaper because of the credit crunch

well that secuROM is already in my fucking pc has i bought a legit version of a game called raceo07 a few months ago..doesnt have that 3 installation limit though but still :(

i recon prices of games should be cheaper because of the credit crunch

Ha! How would that work?

You think the crunch does effect the developers too? Cutting the cost of games would send many (more?) under. Its all relative.

As gamers, we have never had it so good. Spore cost me £26 which is great value, but with the rise of XBL and PSN, we are seeing great games which cost less than a fiver.

Absolutely love this game. Managed to populate some of my planets with online creatures... some people's creations are pretty awesome. I just reached the Tribal Stage.

Absolutely love this game. Managed to populate some of my planets with online creatures... some people's creations are pretty awesome. I just reached the Tribal Stage.

Still on the creature stage. Loving it. Everytime I evolve im on there for 15-20 mins a go trying to perfect it. Love it

I'm beautiful :D.
Sexiiiiie !

:EASY:

sanstitrefv0.jpg

edit :
This game is so boring. It's flat and no there's surprise with evolutions. It's worst than The Sims !!!
I'm far from the end, but asap I've finished it, I'm going to sell it. The gameplay is sooooo poor.
The fact that you can change all your aspects, whenever you want ruins the game for me. And the AI is so dumb. There's no need to play it twice.

Last edited:
What are all of your usernames? I'd like to add you all as buddies so my game is filled with your creations rather than the stuff ive seen online like chairs and bikes and trains.

Mine unsurprisingly is KRadiation

stefano488

Adding you now!

By the way, it may say my name is 'Oli', but I'm borrowing his laptop since mine is being repaired.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom