Speculation Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luka Modric > Real Madrid.

Could be cash + player, if so, I hope its Sahin.

Heard on Italian Radio, than Van Persie was over at a visit to Juventus.

The Italian journalist said the fee could be a stumbling block. £30million pounds (once converted from Euros) he quoted.

No way on earth would he command such a fee for a guy with 1 year on his contract.

Is this true?

FD

p.s. Mind you after Euros, could be Lira.

If that price was true, I'd offload him in a second.

Everyone has their price and for a player who's just had the best season of his life (a rare one where he stayed fit and consistent all throughout), and has one year remaining on contract, that's certainly his price. Things can only get worse from here for Robin and if Arsenal can manage to cash out on him, that'd be amazing.

If Arsenal get Giroud, i think they don´t plan their future with RVP anyway...

at least i doubt they will keep Podolski, RVP + Giroud satisfied with enough games together.. Giroud is his replacement i bet.

If Arsenal get Giroud, i think they don´t plan their future with RVP anyway...

at least i doubt they will keep Podolski, RVP + Giroud satisfied with enough games together.. Giroud is his replacement i bet.
You forgott Chamakh too but we always do ...

You forgott Chamakh too but we always do ...

actually i didn´t forget him, i mention Giroud as straight replacement becouse he just won Ligue 1 and won´t sign to sit on bench...Chamakh barely was used but i think he is top player on his day...so are Gervinho, Bendtner, Walcott and other Arsenal attacking options..

I think personally with Giroud one or more of the strikers will be gone..RVP is high on the list since i predict arsenal will play mostly on one striker with two wings and both RVP or Giroud are players who should start for any team..

Chamakh would be great option for Montpellier, but they just bought a new striker..

actually i didn´t forget him, i mention Giroud as straight replacement becouse he just won Ligue 1 and won´t sign to sit on bench...Chamakh barely was used but i think he is top player on his day...so are Gervinho, Bendtner, Walcott and other Arsenal attacking options..

I think personally with Giroud one or more of the strikers will be gone..RVP is high on the list since i predict arsenal will play mostly on one striker with two wings and both RVP or Giroud are players who should start for any team..

Chamakh would be great option for Montpellier, but they just bought a new striker..
The only thing I dont' understand is why buy Podolski if now they're interested in Giroud ?

Podolski has nothing to do with Giroud.

For one thing he can also play on left side so is more of a competition for the likes of Gervinho and Walcott than necessarily RvP or Giroud.

And Giroud as I'm sure you know is more of a tall target man striker who's good with feet too and can score while Podolski is a very poor header of the ball but an incredible shooter with his left-foot and brings a wealth of experience.

They are very different players and so for me having one doesn't at all mean the other doesn't fit.

Who did Montpellier buy as striker? I thought they'd get Chamakh if they offload Giroud to Arsenal!

Podolski has nothing to do with Giroud.

For one thing he can also play on left side so is more of a competition for the likes of Gervinho and Walcott than necessarily RvP or Giroud.

And Giroud as I'm sure you know is more of a tall target man striker who's good with feet too and can score while Podolski is a very poor header of the ball but an incredible shooter with his left-foot and brings a wealth of experience.

They are very different players and so for me having one doesn't at all mean the other doesn't fit.

Who did Montpellier buy as striker? I thought they'd get Chamakh if they offload Giroud to Arsenal!
I totally understood what you said about Podolski but I think he's more Van persie style than Giroud is but still he'll fit more easily than Podolski in Arsenal's tactic that's for sure.

Montpellier just bought Gaettan Charbonnier from Angers (same physic as Giroud) and Chamakh said to the newspapers that he and Arsene will talk about his carreer but I think he's just wasting his time at Arsenal unfortunately :\

Yeah I think same. :/

And yes Podolski and van Persie are definitely more similar. Sorry, I misunderstood you it seems.

As for Charbonnier, I know nothing about him so am looking forward to see how he does next year. I wish Chamakh would end up at Montpellier instead of Giroud! That would've been great!

I think if he ever goes back to France though, Bordeaux is the likely destination as he's always said.

Who did Montpellier buy as striker?

Gaetan Charbonnier

for me personally i think to have Podolski,Giroud,Chamakh,Gervinho,Walcott,Ox and RVP as attack - wing options is to much of a luxury for Arsenal...

EDIT: not to mention Park Chu-Young, Bendtner and Carlos Vela, who are still their players as well..

Last edited:
Yeah true. That's why one or two will probably leave.

Bendtner and Vela are definitely leaving. Others like Chamakh and rVP may follow, but aren't a certainty.

Luka Modric > Real Madrid.

Could be cash + player, if so, I hope its Sahin.

Other than money, why on Earth would Modric go to Madrid? They have the most stocked midfield in the world, and if we're honest they already have about 4 players in his position who are better and younger than the Croatian.

Odd.

Other than money, why on Earth would Modric go to Madrid? They have the most stocked midfield in the world, and if we're honest they already have about 4 players in his position who are better and younger than the Croatian.

Odd.
I think it's for Kaka place.
Why Real win the title this year ? the turnover with quality players.

Who is better than Modric in current Real Madrid team that plays his position?

Only Sahin really plays his role and he's certainly not better than Luka just yet.

Well, Giroud tweeted: 'Gunner...' at 4 am and then deleted the Tweet instantly.

Who is better than Modric in current Real Madrid team that plays his position?

Only Sahin really plays his role and he's certainly not better than Luka just yet.

For Spurs Luka plays exactly where Alonso and Khedeira play in Real's system. He's not far forward generally, he tends to be around the centre circle turning things over.

Obviously there's those two, and also Sahin, and doesn't Canales sometimse drop back in there too?

I guess they could spend £30m to replace Gago...

Modric is a lot more attacking than Alonso and Khedira though. Those two are more like holding midfilders who can pass (excellently in Alonso's case) and in Khedira's case get forward at times.

I wouldn't say they're both better than him anyway as all 3 are different and have different qualities but more importantly, I wouldn't compare them. Alonso is more comparable to someone like Carrick in terms of position/role not Modric.

Modric even if playing deeper at times is much more of an attacking threat as he does get forward and does shoot from long distance quite a bit.

Only one I see in REal that plays Modric's role is Sahin who isn't as good yet.

Canales is definitely much more forward (attacking player) than any of the previously mentioned players. He's much more like Kagawa. Plays as 2nd striker even behind main forward or as attacking midfielder and can play on wings if needed but not a playmaking CM.

Anyway, Mourinho doesn't like his attitude and he spent last year at Valencia and may well either get sold or loaned out again. Valencia may take him. And of course he's nowhere near Modric's quality. Just another talented promising player who may or may not be great later.

There's Kaka and as much as I love him, he's past it. Modric is definitely better than him at this stage. For me, even if Modric plays a little deeper at times, he's more comparable to someone like Sneijder and Pirlo in terms of 'role' in a team. Not Khedira.

My point isn't that Modric should go to Madrid. i personally wouldn't like that. But my point is, he could. He could go to almost any team and get a place in the side. He's good enough and unique enough. Hopefully the Madrid thing won't happen though because Alonso is amazing and Khedira is only getting better! What a beast he's turned into.

just to add more thinkness to the bench i think last year we had no CB don't you remember?
BTW for Moses Chelsea already made a 5 mil bid got rejected by Wigan ;)

Odd.

He wants out by any means necessary, his heart isn't in any more.

Unfortunately for him he still has four years left on his contract and won't be sold to a domestic rival.

Sell him abroad.

I care about Luka, i lover him..so, please don't let him go to Real Madrid.

Anybody mentioned this:

Kompany (Man City) --> Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom