Spanish La Liga Thread

Being La Liga a pathetic organization, Pepe goes away without any kind of punishment for his aggression on Messi last week.

It's another terrible decision that shows how violence is almost allowed to some and shows again the need for making things a lot more professional. Spain continues to be an underdeveloped country in most aspects, specially in the moral ones. The Premier punished Ballotelli almost the day after the incident. It's really shameful to compare the Premier and La Liga in this aspect.

But to all those "Villarato conspiration" lovers that can be still around, please read the following in case you don't know:
Pepe going away unpunished it's not a surprise and it's not the first time. Mourinho also went practically unpunished after poking Tito's eye in the Supercup. And it's not a surprise as the president of the punishing comittee, Alfredo Flórez, is a known friend of Florentino Perez and former member of Real Madrid when he was young. There's even more: he entered the world of football thanks to his close friend Jose Plaza. To those who don't know who was Jose Plaza, he was the president of the referees during 20 years, and famous for a phrase: "Barcelona won't win a league while I'm the president".

Unbelievable!! How can Pepe go unpunished!!? A 4 match ban isn't enough, I was thinking more like 10 to set an example!

And people like to blame English FA every chance they get! God bless them, they're far more sensible than the Spanish FA!!

I like How Mourinho change tactics very bold he went English style -direct! Lots of air balls a little too late. Barca are terrible in the air. I`m not a fan of these acting tactics, Pepe is disgusting but he`s only 1 player I dislike in RM ,but there`s about 4 players I dislike in Barca . Dani n Pedro are just disgusting and they both score great goals too..cunts!

I said RM don`t have the formula I was wrong I think the April match up will be different. The ref favored Barca ,but not by much I assume RM abuse didn`t help . If players respect the ref I`m sure he`ll be lenient. Did anyone catch Pepe try to stomp on Dani after fouling him. He is really dangerous No, I`m serious!!!! I fear for players . He needs to see a therapist .

One of the best Clasicos ever, yet one of the worst refereeing ever (for both sides). I guess even Barcelona players wouldn't feel comfortable advancing like that.

Seriously, there should be no Clasicos for a year now or these players will end up hunting each other.

I thought it was great entertainment! :D

Loving it! These matches are HIGH quality, great pass and movement, shooting, EXTREMELY tense! Fights, tension, highly skilled players, it's got drama, it's got action, it's got everything for the neutral! :D

@bebo, Pedro disgusting?! C'mon bro, the guy dives here and there but no more so than most players and he's actually a pretty innocent guy. Good guy.

Alves, Pepe, Busquets and Carvalho are all dirty bastards though and guys like Alonso, Valdes, Pinto and Di Maria are not saints either.

I think if Real had Di Maria instead of Kaka in there today, things could've been different.

and Ozil needs to play 90 mins as he did today more often! The man's got the magic tough to unlock even the meanest defenses. He was so unlucky not to score that wicked long-range shot to top-corner and WHAT A GOAL it would've been! ABSOLUTELY MAGICAL! Especially since it came after that beautiful dribble past Abidal. I would've loved to see that one go in!

Ozil was brilliant. I have never seen him play like this for a full 90 minutes. He usually tires and fades but last night he was the best player on the pitch for me. Both teams were pretty well prepared physically for the game.

I really liked Real's approach to the game. Good to see Kaka running these runs again. I just hope Real stick with Mourinho for now. He is got something going and it would be a shame to see that all go.

We could have seen more goals. Higuain missed 2 dangerous chances at the beginning and Pedro was face to face with Casillas at the end.

I thought it was great entertainment! :D

Loving it! These matches are HIGH quality, great pass and movement, shooting, EXTREMELY tense! Fights, tension, highly skilled players, it's got drama, it's got action, it's got everything for the neutral! :D

@bebo, Pedro disgusting?! C'mon bro, the guy dives here and there but no more so than most players and he's actually a pretty innocent guy. Good guy.

Alves, Pepe, Busquets and Carvalho are all dirty bastards though and guys like Alonso, Valdes, Pinto and Di Maria are not saints either.

I think if Real had Di Maria instead of Kaka in there today, things could've been different.

and Ozil needs to play 90 mins as he did today more often! The man's got the magic tough to unlock even the meanest defenses. He was so unlucky not to score that wicked long-range shot to top-corner and WHAT A GOAL it would've been! ABSOLUTELY MAGICAL! Especially since it came after that beautiful dribble past Abidal. I would've loved to see that one go in!

opps I`m guilty or writing w/o thinking. Busquet is the player I dont like. Damn ! Pedro is actually quality not sure why I attacked Pedro . I laughed at Pepe on the ground taking a peak :LOL:

Barca vs RM was better match ,but players surrounding ref n ref running away must stop.

I thought it was a joke when I heard it yesterday, damn shame.

Almost unbelievable. Very bad luck for Valencia, they will surely miss him a lot. Amazing how things like this happen.

What strikes me the most of it is how someone can forget to put the handbrake. Whenever I drive, stopping the car and putting the handbrake is part of the same automatic process. I can't understand people who won't put it. Technically, the ground is never totally flat, you know...

hahahaha
even if he wants to play, he'll never catch Madrid ..

last 3 years

3 leagues, 2 champions league, 2 world clube cups,2 supercups, 2 euro-supercups, 3 golden balls,1 golden boot, several lessons in the Bernabeu

congratulations, is possible that this year, you will win this league, but, ey! danger with CL..and remember copa del Rey...

42 goals this season...and adding titles and goals

sorry I'm not impartial, messi is god

What strikes me the most of it is how someone can forget to put the handbrake. Whenever I drive, stopping the car and putting the handbrake is part of the same automatic process. I can't understand people who won't put it. Technically, the ground is never totally flat, you know...

Me too. Same happens when I enter the car, first thing to do is to put my seat belt on. Automatic process, simple as that, which is funny when, for some reason, I have to enter my car and I put the seat belt even knowing I won't drive! I think I'm just linsane! :LOL:

Nice pun there TSO. :LOL:

Xavi: 'Real don't deserve being 10 points ahead of us.'

Bullshit.

I think Xavi meant that the real difference between teams it's not really 10 points because Barcelona should have more points, not that Madrid should have less. And he recognized Madrid was playing great.

In the full speech, he explains that Madrid has more or less the same points as last season while Barcelona has 15 points less, and that not all of this points have been deservedly lost, though the team has underachieved in key moments, but not to the point of losing so much points.

In my oppinion Xavi statments aren at all as cocky as the posts above makes it seem, but it's not the way to go. Madrid deserves to be where it is because they have played consistently through the season. I do agree that the difference should be shorter, specially considering the bad luck Barcelona has had in specific moments (several season long injuries, weather against Bilbao and Osasuna and... yes, refs too), but if the players had put more intensity, they would be there already.

Resuming, in my oppinion Xavi should focus on his own mistakes, as he also does, but forget about the rest.

Last edited:
Right at the moment Atletico have an unbeaten run of at least 7 matches. I think they didn't loose a single match since Simeoni is their coach...but Atletico being Atletico, this evening they will loose spectacularly.

Back
Top Bottom