Spanish La Liga Thread

Just sounds like sour grapes to me.

That's not for me, is it, Abou? 'Cuz if the team that I support would get refs helps as much as Barça and RM do, I'd first and foremost feel disturbed and ashamed of that a bit at least, just let alone shamelessly bitch about its rivals when we're behind of them. And I don't support any particular team either.

Last edited:
BEST REGARDS ABIDAL....
YOU COME BACK SOON...

Abidal_manteado.jpg

Best wishes for Eric, it is again a hard time for the squad, but most of all for the family. Life is always first, get well soon!

Yeah, it is a shame, i've always liked him as a player and also it seems like he is well like by the Barca team too. Good luck to him :-)

Again referees? Damn some Barca guys are really strange. Barca wins and they still complain about referees. Have you heard any of RM fans complaining about referees after Malaga match even though we had many things to complain... Even Mourinho haven't complained and has said that no team can win in every match

Messi is just in his own league in 24 years of age..and not just current active players own leagues, but an own leagues since football started...

Completely agree.

The guy is UNREAL! He's sooo good that I'll be honest, I'm surprised, more teams don't kick him and rough him up when referee isn't looking....

If I were playing against Messi, I'd know that if we injure him, the match will be a LOT easier! It's not sportsman like, but it may just be the only way to stop him! :D

Completely agree.

The guy is UNREAL! He's sooo good that I'll be honest, I'm surprised, more teams don't kick him and rough him up when referee isn't looking....

If I were playing against Messi, I'd know that if we injure him, the match will be a LOT easier! It's not sportsman like, but it may just be the only way to stop him! :D

yeah to start a war with your country and Argentina and Catalonia for sure :D if not more country´s

Completely agree.

had he played in premier league, he'd probably be on a wheelchair by now :P

talking again about referees...now in Villarreal vs. RM game: Villarreal player number 21 should have been sent of for stepping on Calejon's ankle, Pepe got yellow card because he was punched in face and got blood on his lips, Villarreal should have been awarded penalty...and we think that our referees in Croatia are bad

I'm glad we live in an era where violence is more punished than in the past (except if your name is Pepe or you poke someone's eye). I'm glad that savages can't simply go and break Messi's leg. I'm also glad that Cristiano Ronaldo hasn't been injured because of violent tackles lately as well.

I just hate violence in sport and I think we all should be glad of the advancements in this aspect in the last decades. I love watching great players do their job and have an utmost respect for cultured defenders such as Maldini, Puyol that respect their opponent.

As football has become more global, it seems common sense is slowly improving some aspects of the game.

I watched Maradona play during the short span of time that he could here at Barcelona. Illnesses and the idiot Goicoechea prived me to watch one of the greatest for more time. I was a teenager then, and I still remember some of the magic he had. Personally I think Messi is above everything I've watched. But even if I enjoyed a "lite" version of Maradona, I enjoyed it inmensely.

I've been lucky enough to watch a large list of great players live, and the things that Messi does are just out of reason. There's no way someone can dominate the game as he does. It's impossible to compare different eras. I can only compare the feelings I have towards the different players. And there's nothing remotely similar to Messi in my memory. He has the vision of Laudrup, the finishing of Romario, the passing of Xavi, the dribbling and skills of Maradona, the flair and intelligence of Cruyff, the mentality of Beckenbauer, the power of Ronaldo Nazario...

He only lacks taking free kicks and penalties better. It's the only thing in which I can't compare him to any legendary player.

PS: Barcelona had more "penalties against" yesterday in 20 minutes than Real Madrid in the last 3 seasons of Liga (114 matches). Just some stats that I drop here following previous posts. Refs may sometimes be right or worng, may be good and bad, but this statistic it's just too blatant.

Guardiola said it best yesterday:

"Messi is like Michael Jordan!"

He's one of a kind. The best ever. Nobody DOMINATES a football pitch like that. No one is supposed to! But he does it just like Jordan did on the court. Except I'd say it's easier to dominate the basketball court as it's 5 against 5 and much smaller. With 11 vs. 11 and such bigger field, it's HARD to stand out. But this guy does it on a weekly basis like it's a training session.

Just wait till we find out he's been on steroids or something like that! :D :LOL:

talking again about referees...now in Villarreal vs. RM game: Villarreal player number 21 should have been sent of for stepping on Calejon's ankle, Pepe got yellow card because he was punched in face and got blood on his lips, Villarreal should have been awarded penalty...and we think that our referees in Croatia are bad

And finally, after ignoring 2 penalties for Villarreal and having errors in fouls and cards for both teams, when the things go bad for Madrid some players get mad. Ramos is correctly sent off, having a yellow you cant do that savage tackle! If anything, its Ramos to be blamed! And Ozil insulted the referee, you CANT do this!

But Mourinho sets the tone behaving like a child in the sideline, its only natural that the team goes behind him. I think Mourinho is playing his cards very badly in this situations, he should stay calm. What the hell were they moaning about before the draw?

I think Madrid is now going through a low form period and is not being lucky, but this team is great and will come back soon to its high. The Cristiano goal was sublime, thanks to ozil.

sorry but you can't have direct red card for protest (ozil). Also, there was no foul for free kick from which Villarreal scored. And Ramos...well, he is to blame there, in that I agree. There was one penalty at least for both sides which haven't been given. But this referee made it hard for himself when for first light foul in the game he gave yellow card (and that was the first foul of the game)

And one more thing: Can someone explain this?
tWYjO.jpg

Last edited:
red card for ramos,ozil,mourinho,rui faria...

and another thing pepe say to refeere to end match: "mother fucker"...another red card...

Real Madrid is crazy...don't know lose...

sorry but you can't have direct red card for protest (ozil). Also, there was no foul for free kick from which Villarreal scored. And Ramos...well, he is to blame there, in that I agree. There was one penalty at least for both sides which haven't been given. But this referee made it hard for himself when for first light foul in the game he gave yellow card (and that was the first foul of the game)

And one more thing: Can someone explain this?
http://i.imgur.com/tWYjO.jpg

http://actas.rfef.es

THIS is the official Spanish referees' site and well... the card went to CANI, not RUBEN. You can check stats at sites like Marca.com as well.

The foul given to villarreal in the draw is clearly a foul, as everyone everywhere is recognizing. it doesnt matter if you touch the ball, you just cant tackle with your foot like that.

i didnt see any penalty for madrid, nor even the most biased madrid sites talk about it. if you are refering to the play in which a defender saves a goal with the shoulder you clearly need another look.

i repeat that this Madrid team gets hysterical because of Mourinho. They have put too much pressure on referees and they yell, moan and shout all the time, no matter what. The reaction of Ramos after his red card shows it. it was an aggression that could have been a red instead of the second yellow, but even so he screams and moans as if he had done nothing. That is hysterical and is costing points to the team.

mourinho failed when he put altintop instead of kaka. He preferred to play with 3 DMF instead of having the ball. its a usual mistake he has done in Spain, and doesnt get well with the madrid tradition of attacking style.

Sometimes i wish i was a mod (i was asked but declined because i would be a bad mod).
I'm sick and tired about the walking paranoia in this thread.

Maybe one should stop projecting balkan mentality to Spain? I don't want to sound racist or disrespectful, but i don't understand why people bother to even answers some of the posts in this thread. I haven't seen the match and i couldn't care less...

Hell i hope next season will be a race between Athletic de Bilbao and Sevilla and that both Real Madrid and Barcelona would play mid table...

Both teams are constantly moaning about cheating and unfair advantages. They both have unfair advantages because of the way the television money is divided both in Europe and in Spain...God i hope the CL final will not be between those two clubs...i don't want them to play against each other for the next 50 years...The 5-0 last season seemed a triumph for football but in retrospect it was a curse because it only augmented the tension. Nowadays both clubs don't bother to play football, something in which they are very good, but for some reason don't bother anymore.

I'm sorry for this rant.

PS: this was not directed at you Alex...

http://actas.rfef.es

THIS is the official Spanish referees' site and well... the card went to CANI, not RUBEN. You can check stats at sites like Marca.com as well.

Well, than TV channel (I think it was Canal+) where I have watched the match made mistake where they have written that Ruben has received that yellow card.

@drekkard
well, I am not an expert in refereeing but I think that it was clear tackle because RM player struck the ball out and than Villarreal player came in fell over him. But that is only my opinion.

for penalty, I haven't seen that one you are referring to, but as you say, that is not penalty. I am not really sure on which situation I have been referring to...

And Ramos...well, I don't know what the hell is happening with him. I remember when he first arrived in RM and he was one of the nicest guys there. Playing on right back, I remember than in his first RM season Ronaldinho made him look dumb, but he matured from that and he got to be one of best right backs. But he is very weird this season. That was clear red card for him, but I think he deserved second yellow even before that.

About yelling and moaning...isn't that what most top league teams do? In Croatia that can be seen from Dinamo, Hajduk, Split and even some smaller teams. In Spain we can see that from both Barcelona and RM, in Italy from Juve, Milan and Inter, etc. If that is what they call "modern football" than thanks, but no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom