Spanish La Liga Thread

With all respect, but you are an idiot.

posted_img_thumbnail.php

Real had chances but Barca were clinical.

Iniesta grew into the game and was awesome.

Messi should have been sent off but the ref bottled it.

Dani Alves' crossing is beautiful.

And what is it about Barcelona that brings the ugly side out of Sergio Ramos? (I've never seen Sanchez this feisty either).

:) Happy for Sanchez, Proud of Pep!Puyol was very good!

Mourinho Real v2? Well I was expecting much better Real, 1-3 at home, another humiliation! All that pre classico hype about better Real, great statistics, unbeaten in CL, Mourinho second season etc etc. Last night I saw it was all CRAP.

Like Christiano Ronaldo missing golden ball every year because of being in shadow of Messi, Mourinho is now ruining his coach record because of Pep and Barca, no domestic titles, no CL, nothing.. only a cup...

Barca might lose race for La Liga title, but it dosen't really matter in the end, unless Mourinho can win at Camp Nou... Real lost first duel, second one will be even harder that this one.

Ronaldo can go kiss good bye the golden ball :) He blew most important game of this season.

Coentrao started very well but in the 2nd half was HUMILIATED by Iniesta! It's true! Poor guy playing as RB and all, he actually did alright.

Mourinho should've gone with Arbeloa. No faith in him?

And yeah Ronaldo proved why he's #2 and not #1.

As for Puyol, flawless match! What a LEGEND! Perfect captain for Barcelona!

Coentrao started very well but in the 2nd half was HUMILIATED by Iniesta! It's true! Poor guy playing as RB and all, he actually did alright.

caution !!! or Gerd come back and he say idiot to you....

Arbeloa was nicked up

Regarding Sevilla, I cant believe that was the team that held out to an epic draw against Barça. Regarding Real Madrid, I can't believe that was the team that messed up against Barcelona. Being 10-men for a long time, they played an awesome football against Sevilla. It was also quite surprising that they managed to get the same scoreline of the last match. This league really gets interesting when the matter is the matches of RM or Barça against the likes of Sevilla, Valencia and Atletico.

Di Maria's assist to Ronaldo was simply a perfect pass, but the pass just before that he sent to Benzema in a super-tight angle was even more of a delicate job than the assist. As much as I hate this guy, I cant help admiring his skills and workrate. He's like the asisster version of Ronaldo and already bagged a thirteen of them atm, it's just worthy of commendation imo. Ronaldo also put an excellent performance, he just worked his socks off unlike most matches, and even probably he made more interceptions than Pepe. His talent is not the case that put him out in Clasico imo but I think it was really mental problems due to the media pressure on him. Anyway, his second goal, that shot was just out of this world. One of the main reasons why I like to watch him.

I was so glad that my compatriot Hamit Altıntop(Balón de Oro) scored his first goal for Real Madrid, that could help him gain confidence which is really important for big team players. Btw, I just loved that how Mourinho celebrated it even more than me. He looks really dedicated to his players and he can be just a funny and lovely guy at times.

Celebración de Mourinho con el gol de Altintop

That was harsh on Sevilla but Madrid were just ruthless.

When he isn't flopping, Di Maria is some player, his passing (not crossing) has improved a lot.

Okay so it's finally happened!

After being eliminated from Copa Del Rey thanks to a 3rd division outfit by losing 2nd leg 2-0 at home, Villarrealy have FINALLY sacked Juan Carlos Garrido.

I'm all for giving managers time and think these days, they get sacked far too often and far too quickly!

In this case though, this was a long time coming! They became the laughing stock of CL with 0 points out of 6 games (First Spanish team in CL history to do so!) and are 17th in the league flirting seriously with relegation. This a team who hasn't finished less than 8th for years now from what I recall correctly and is usually up there fighting for a CL spot.

They've had some injuries to key men like Rossi and sold some big players and new ones who've taken time to gel but at the end of the day, this has been an ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS season for The Yellow Submarine and Garrido has finally paid the price for it.

I'd like to give Fernando Roig credit actually for sticking with him for so long to see if he can turn things around... many less wise and more impatient chairmen would've sacked him 2 months into the season.

It'll be interesting to see who replaces him now. Joaquin Caparros maybe? I wouldn't want that to happen but we'll see.

Gregorio Manzano may not be with Atletico for much longer either given the Copa Del Rey home defeat to Albacete, I think he would be better for Villarreal than he is for the much more supported and more pressure Atleti. In a smaller club like Villarreal, he can do a better job as he demonstrated in Mallorca.

I think Manzano will be gone very soon, it looks like Atletico are trying to get Diego Simeone in charge, hes left Racing Avellaneda. There was no way they could keep Garrido at Villareal, they would have been certain for relegation, even now they might still struggle.

I honestly think a new coach is enough to help Atletico. They need a new board...an extreme makeover...perennial underachievers. I love that club more and more, my favourite Spanish team by far.

You know that one of these decades they will once again win something big and then continue to underachieve...just like Spurs...i love that kind of club.

Yeah something is VERY wrong at Atletico. Has been for a long time! At least the new stadium is coming next season! 75,000 seater! That's exciting! other than that, this club looks DOOMED! They can do no right! No matter who's on the roster, who's in starting 11, who's in charge... there's something very wrong there.

Wonder who'd replace Manzano. I don't know if Simeone is the answer. I'd love to see a TOP class coach brought in to see if HE can make this work but I don't know if they can do that.

Wonder who'd replace Manzano. I don't know if Simeone is the answer. I'd love to see a TOP class coach brought in to see if HE can make this work but I don't know if they can do that.

Apparently they were interested in Jorge Jesus but he turned down any link with Atlético saying "Benfica is a much bigger club". :P

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :LOL:

Wonder if they approached Rafa?

I think he's a joke of a man but he'd be the type of manager to sort out a club like Atletico I think. Tactically he's very good when he isn't substituting his star strikers whilst losing the game because they're too tired.

Wonder if they approached Rafa?

I think he's a joke of a man but he'd be the type of manager to sort out a club like Atletico I think. Tactically he's very good when he isn't substituting his star strikers whilst losing the game because they're too tired.

That's the first time ever i heard about Benitez being a joke of a man. Give me one unbiased reason (which has nothing to do with the rivalry between Man Utd and Liverpool) why he is a joke of a man?

They have gone for Diego Simeone in the end, he has done faily well in Argentina in the last 5 or so years, I think he might do ok at Atletico. This season could be a write-off but he will have them playing good football and in contention for a European spot next year if he's as good as he was in Argentina.

Yes, but we are talking about Atletico Madrid now, the most self-destructive team i know (and that's why i love them).

Don't take pitty for love, gerd! We all love somehow the "unlucky" type of clubs. But in a closer look, it ends up being pitty instead of love. It's easy to love a team that always screws up. It's like a good old comedy, but if you were an Atletico paying fan, like my brother-in-law, you wouldn't think the same! He's very upset with the team. But that's the story every season, they spend a lot and accomplish little.

I think Rafa Benitez would have been a better option than Simeone, by the way. The problem of this team is having a clear idea of what the yhave to do in the pitch, and sign players accordingly.

They have wasted tons of money (3rd club in Spain in terms of budget) in wasted players and shady operations. The main problem is still in the offices. The Gil family and Cerezo are all a band of mobsters taking the money out of the club and cheating the members of the club. But that's what happens when someone OWNS a club. In my oppinion, Atletico should have stayed a sportive club, like Madrid, Barcelona and Bilbao. But Gil wanted to milk the cow back at the day, and that'show they ended like they are now.

A pitty, because I miss the big thrilling matches between Atletico and Barcelona or Madrid. Back at the day, they were the best matches of the season no matter the result!

Good post. I agree.

Simeone did alright in Argentina and okay at Catania I suppose but being a former player of Atletico and an influential man (Former Argentina captain and one of their most capped players), I think he's not a bad option. But yeah I don't see him as THE SOLUTION as he's not world-class and there are bigger issues up there in the offices like drekkard says but he'll be a good appointment I think.

Manzano should end up at Villarreal. I think he'd do well there and is much more suited to them than Atleti.

Hi drekkard, my very best wishes for the new year.... over the past year i've come to appreciate you a lot.
I agree with you on your last post about the Gil family and i guess it would be better if they had the same socio system as Barcelona and Real Madrid.

In this instance i don't take love for pity...i really like underachieving teams, it is no coïncidence that my favourite English team are Spurs (although right at the moment they don't exactly underachieve). It's also because my favourite Belgium team RWDM (the club does not exist any more as such) had a president who was even more a bully and an autocrat as Jesus Gil.

Of course the fact that Atletico are the poor men's Real is also a factor and lately also because my favourite Belgian player is in Atletico's goal. I hope Simeone continues to go for Courtois in goal, cause if i'm not wrong the other GK is also a very good young GK.

Sergio Asenjo. And yeah he's a good keeper though nothing special (Courtois as you said yourself will be one of the world's best) and not the tallest among goalies. Poor Sergio had a couple NASTY long-term injuries in his short career already which have held him back so far.

COPA DEL REY

R.Madrid - FC. Barcelona Wednesday 18, at 22:00 (spain)
FC. Barcelona - R.Madrid Wednesday 25, at 22:00 (spain)

oh my god....3 weeks more of figth, interviews, fouls, criying, hates...

Back
Top Bottom