Spanish La Liga Thread

Come on buddy! You know he's a good guy but it was just his Zidanesque moment that only happens once in a lifetime but yes that was really shameful when he kicks the ball on the penalty spot. Anyway, I guess it's just Barcelona who go for dirty things like acting, diving, provocating opponent players or jumping on ref as whole team at the least occasion just as happened in Clasicos when things aren't going their way. They don't have to win everytime but they are acting like spoiled kids when it gets hard. That wasn't a penalty, we know how Iniesta actually is decisive and stubborn when he makes it but in that position he just lost the ball and dived. Just look at his reaction to the ref when he gets up. He was like "I felt down, you have to give it!". Probably this time the provocative role was on Fabregas and he really looks to have succeeded at it. A great team (one of bests and most dominants ever), skillful players, no need to take anything away from them in a biased way but I just don't like their character.

Kudos to Javi Varas!

@bebo

LOL indeed. :LOL:

well , I'm an expert on racial slurs in this forum :SMUG: calling someone negro is not the same to "N" word. In spanish you always describe the colour before hand ,that article is reaching for a story.

It seem customary in Spain to describe the colour of shit .... (calling someone a bitch is funnier, specially when the bitch grab you like one ...I know i said it before :LOL: )If Fab was in England he would of said " That was a shit thing to do" Trust me I`ve learn the hard way abt lost in translation . Either way insult are not meant to feel good . Those are called " compliments " Henry went thru the same and it was Reyes to translate what the coach said about him.

Cesc knew moving that ball disturb Messi`s concentration and Cesc should remain quiet. Now, you know why he didn`t fight back he was in the wrong... Cesc is No racist!!!

Last edited:
Levante are crazy this year!!!

Anyway, it takes some doing to piss off Freddy Kanoute! He's one of the calmest and nicest guys around!

It was an splendid match against Sevilla and we clearly deserved better, but Varas was absolutely spectacular, the best goalkeeping performance I've seen in some time. And Sevilla, though they didn't even attack in the second half, were defending with passion and energy. They saved more than one goal with last second tackles and putting the body to block shots.

Kanoute acted like an idiot and deserved the sending off and a ban. Kicking the ball in the penalty spot was childish.

The penalty probably wasn't, and it's the first unfair penalty conceded to us in 2 years. Actually the first penalty conceded to us in 6 months...

In my oppinion it's not a dive neither, it's simply a play with contact and the ref whistled. Watching the play live I thought it was definitely a penalty while in the replay it's harder to see. Anyway, Messi missed it, a pitty. Worst match in years for Leo, but don't worry, he will recover quickly.

@Kanoute: I don't know what's your problem (actually I know it, it's your blind hatred against Barcelona), but I didn't see any provocation from the barcelona players, not any "spoiled childs" attitude, probably it's all in your brain, it's just your absolut obsession and negativity towards anything barça, as you show at every post. You just throw the same shit over and over and over again, and it's tedious.

If anything, it was some of the Sevilla players that were all the match wasting time, surrounding the ref and moaning like savages every time a foul was given (incredible how Fernando Navarro was moaning for his sending off after he did a brutal tackle to Pedro at that last minute).

I was at the stadium and you weren't, so I could clearly see Caceres having a sudden faint to disrupt a counter, Fernando Navarro kicking the ball twice INTO the field to make the ref repeat a throw in and delay a Barcelona attack. I could perfectly see Kanoute moaning ALL the time with the arms wide and high by no reason since he came to the match (he was fustrated and showed it shortly after). I could see Javi Varas wasting time in goal kicks since the 1st minute of play and Jesus Navas falling at every slightly wind breeze. And finally some Sevilla players shouting and rounding the ref even when they had done a terrible tackle.

So, just to make sure... are you sure your comments were towards the players wearing red and blue or towards the white ones? I don't get it.

I didn't see the game but I presume that Madrid exposed Malaga's slow CB's...

The kanoute + cesc thing was probably because the later saw him kicking the ball and went there to tell him that. Kanoute having such a huge ego didn't like the questioning and went bananas on Fabregas. Result was what we all saw.

Anyways, i didn't see the match but i got my hands on a 20+ minute hightlights vid and we should have won, if it wasn't Varas between posts.. Unbelievable, thats really just pure build-up confidence. After he defended the Iniesta shot and then Villa i sensed some super confident goalkeeping. Proved to be right and the rest of the game was Barcelona v Varas. But no worries, next game we get the 3 points back and we are back on top.

Levante are really on fire, surprising everyone. Glad to have small teams proving that the sunny SPL is actually full of great teams and anyone can beat or stop the big two in a good day. Barcelona and madrid have lost more points by now than last season.

by the way, spo, having a blue and red team above madrid is only a matter of cosmologic and karmic justice!

I think they have a huge confidence in theirselves ..
and this confidence is beeing more clear and huge with every win ..

either way hopefully they can stay up! would be perfect for CL or Europa :APPLAUD: RM is in full force and Barca are on idle so ...

Don't you just love it when football defies all logic and common sense and gives you a nice surprise, like Levante in this case.

I love stories like this, the minions who are top of the table before the rich clubs. But we all know it will not last long.

Wow! True!

S C R E W E D

Just when you thought things cant get ANY worse for the yellow submarine, this happens!! This could well be the season they finish in the bottom half of the table. It's been ages since they were in any trouble. This past decade has been amazing to Villarreal. But maybe now the wheels are starting to fall. I believe in Fernando Roig though (The president) and while times are tough right now, he'll have this team back into European places contention soon again. Maybe next year or two years from now.

Last edited:
I hope Villareal don't end like Deportivo La Coruna. That was also a very attractive playing team. I still remember THAT second leg against Milan...perhaps the best football i ever saw.

I remember the late Raymond Goethals (who won the CL with Marseille as coach) who was a pundit for Belgian television. He said that was the best team performance he ever saw...

IMO Villareal and Depor played the same kind of very good football. Really hope Villareal recover...i would be devastated if they would face relegation.

Nah.. can't see them relegated. Too much quality still in that squad. But stranger things have happened and yah at the moment, they can't buy a point and look in serious trouble! I think they'll pull themselves together though and ultimately be fine, just not gonna have another good season which is what they've really become accustomed to.

Osasuna 2-0 Levante

The beginning of the end of the fairytale shouldn't have been this early. Even worse than that a very hard fixture of five games is waiting for them: Valencia, Atletico, Sporting, Barcelona, Sevilla. Poor guys, I hope they don't lose motivation and sink to the bottom. I always love the underdogs.

Back
Top Bottom