Sony PlayStation 4

Nyko's Databank Allows PS4 to Read Bigger, Cheaper, 3.5-Inch Hard Drives
Custom dock fixes onto the PlayStation 4's internal hard-drive bay and allows for straightforward storage attachments.

Gamespot

Plex is now officially available for the PS4, with an actual App..

Least it is finally a step in the right direction, but would still prefer if the PS4 would allow the playing of media files.

The "sorry that you couldn't play over the Christmas holidays" 10% discount code has arrived.

The UK code is: T6R3KB529K
The Irish code is: C4EFQJ4KFB

You can't use it for pre-orders, which I think is a shocking decision. It's not really an apology for Christmas, then, is it - you're saying "give us your money for something you've been half-thinking about and don't really want and we'll give you a few quid off - that game you REALLY want, that's out in a few weeks, that you WOULDN'T be wasting your money on, you can pay full price for, chump".

My choice is paying e.g. £49.50 for Call of Duty or Mordor, neither of which I really want if I'm honest with myself - or not using the code at all.

I'd LOVE to use it for Dying Light and pay £49.50 instead of £55, and they're still getting nearly £50 off me if I could do that, but noooo. They want £100 off me instead - and they can go fuck themselves.

I think it's pretty outrageous that this is their compensation for a whole holiday period without PSN.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-20-sorry-about-christmas-psn-discount-rolls-out-friday

Last edited:
Greedy bastards! I was almost buying a game for the full price, but now no way! Fuck $ony!
Have MS announced any holiday downtime compensation?

(This 10% discount code isn't compensation, it's only going to make Sony more money - not cost them money - when people force themselves to buy a game they don't even want to take advantage of it - but... I don't know if MS have announced anything? They were down throughout the whole of Christmas, come on, this is pretty shitty stuff. This should be more of a big deal surely.)

You pay full price for digital games, Chris?! Why not just set up a US account and get them for £38 or so?

I'm thinking of using the 10% to get Temple of Osiris seeing as it's on sale and the first game was pretty fun.

Utter piss take "hey saps we charge you minimum 33% more for games than you can buy them elsewhere so here's a 10% off voucher", no thanks. Had £100 sat in my Sony account since the PS4 came out and get the feeling it's just going to be used to fund two years PSN+

Some nice deals on the US store at the moment. Just got Shadow Warrior and Costume Quest 2 for $8.10 using the 10% off code.

The 10% code isn't just their way of apologising though. They've added 5 days onto your ps plus to compensate for the 2 or 3 it was offline.

That said, I find it disgusting they've narrowed when we can use this 10% code to this weekend when there's near to nothing worth buying and of course it's expiring just before people get paid. Sure they didn't have to do this, but it feels so sleezy how they have.

I think the reason for not being able to use it on ore orders is because you can cancel a pre order, so people could just load their basket up with £400 worth of pre orders, then out £40 worth of games they actually want... Download those and then cancel the pre orders.

Utter piss take "hey saps we charge you minimum 33% more for games than you can buy them elsewhere so here's a 10% off voucher", no thanks. Had £100 sat in my Sony account since the PS4 came out and get the feeling it's just going to be used to fund two years PSN+

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom