Skate 2

i felt like that on the first - the control scheme is crappy but they're kinda stuck with it now after slagging off tony hawks for allowing everyone to do million point combos and unrealistic jumps.

I hate the way you can by flying at a half pipe and then as you jump lose all of your momentum.

Tony Hawks is more fun this is more realistic and i suppose you get back what you put into it

But i cant persevere with this because i get fustrated and bored playing it

Are the challenges as vague as in the first? I remember doing on in a car park where it said to leap over a wall, then land in a pool - and that was about it. No explanation where the pool was just 'oh its over that wall'. It took me about 10 tries just to get over the tiny wall as my board either clipped that or my guys head hit the roof. then when i did get out i had no idea where i was supposed to be aiming so id miss the pool and then have to go back and try again

No they all all well explained now, well they are early on anyway i aint got that far

Yeah that's something you have to give credit to, things are explained pretty well, with glowing guides as to where to go, same as when you need to follow someone they have a magical golden trail to follow, it's just like Fable2, without the dog ;)

well my son connor who is 5 loves this game - so thats all that matters lol

he goes on free skate which i find for a 5 year old must be awesome, just allowing him to do what he wants, in a real ish environment

i have yet to play it but will give it a go later...

"Shave your tongue"

Finger flip and late flip? What now?

In the air, use the triggers to grab the board and perform a flick with the right stick. This is a fingerflip.

Late flips are when you're in the air and you perform a flick with the right stick without a grab. For example, you can air off a funbox or megaramp etc. When you're in the air just do the same 'shape' for a kickflip as you would normally and you'll do a 'Late Kickflip' :)

Jump, hold a button and do on a trick on the stick while in the air all at the same time!

That's why im starting not to like the game, there is to much faffing about. I guess you need to do all that off a big ramp though to give you more time but like a said before i cant get big air wherever i go. It must be a timing issue

Delayed gratification anyone?

It's all about practice. I personally am really enjoying this game. It is frustrating at times, but so is any game worth putting the time in to perfect. I was rubbish at FIFA when I started but after a while adjusting to it it's really fun and I enjoy most games now. Skate 2 is the same for me. I sucked when I started, I didn't know how to do most of the tricks and i struggled to even achieve 500 points on the books. However, more practice and less panicking I'm hitting some fantastic combos and really enjoying it.

I have the demo on the PS3 and the full game on the 360. The problem is, I find the PS3 pad a lot better for this game. It just seems less clunky and a bit more responsive on the sticks. Anyone else finding this?

Delayed gratification anyone?

It's all about practice. I personally am really enjoying this game. It is frustrating at times, but so is any game worth putting the time in to perfect. I was rubbish at FIFA when I started but after a while adjusting to it it's really fun and I enjoy most games now. Skate 2 is the same for me. I sucked when I started, I didn't know how to do most of the tricks and i struggled to even achieve 500 points on the books. However, more practice and less panicking I'm hitting some fantastic combos and really enjoying it.

I got 1100 on the books but only by flipping, grinding and flipping

That's all i seem to be able to do. So to get air off a ramp when do up press up or diagonal or whatever?

That's all i seem to be able to do. So to get air off a ramp when do up press up or diagonal or whatever?

It's about the timing of your trick at the top of a ramp.

Yeah press-up to pump up the ramp, but still try and launch with the best board trick possible and land a nice grind such as a nosegrind etc and your points will rack up. Also try doing a different trick whilst grinding e.g. jump, trick, land the grind etc etc and try and finish on a manual. I hit about 1,200 points once on the books by doing this.

Last edited:
In the air, use the triggers to grab the board and perform a flick with the right stick. This is a fingerflip.

Late flips are when you're in the air and you perform a flick with the right stick without a grab. For example, you can air off a funbox or megaramp etc. When you're in the air just do the same 'shape' for a kickflip as you would normally and you'll do a 'Late Kickflip' :)

Aha I see thanks I'll try that :)

No problemo :) Can't wait for my Mum to get home later so I can get stuck into Skate 2. I'll probably finish it tonight :LOL:

How did you flip and hold your board over your head?

is that a move or just the way he fell?

pretty stupid how on all the replays (and i guess with every bail) they have no self protect, eg hands out, roll, or whatever. that first one she leads with her face, and is going through the air for a good second or 2, face towards the floor!

pretty stupid how on all the replays (and i guess with every bail) they have no self protect, eg hands out, roll, or whatever. that first one she leads with her face, and is going through the air for a good second or 2, face towards the floor!

They do

up, down, left and right does something different

If you wish you can torpedo towards the floor :LOL:

Aha I see now, it only shows it when I do one of the current hall of meat challenges :) Found a great place for jumping and breaking myself, Cougar Mountain, top left on the map, climb up 2 long flights of metal stairs to the top :)
I wondered why the broken bones weren't coming up for me, i'll have to do tham next time I go on :).

I love this game, only one thing I dislike really though, and that's the fact that when you try to go on a bench/table and manual on it, you're normally pulled towards the edges and forced to grind instead, maybe it's just me though.

Great game.

That handstand style trick - on the PS3 it's L2 R2 X + Square while in the air. Theres a list in the pause menu of tricks and a little preview showing what they look like. And it was a 'she'.

That handstand style trick - on the PS3 it's L2 R2 X + Square while in the air. Theres a list in the pause menu of tricks and a little preview showing what they look like. And it was a 'she'.

That's why i'm not liking the game as much

fuck pressing all them buttons at the same time and jumping as well

That's why i'm not liking the game as much

fuck pressing all them buttons at the same time and jumping as well
If they made it so that you you just had to press/hold 1 or 2 buttons to do the most advanced tricks then you would moan that it's too easy and no challenge, like the (awful) Tony Hawk games, and when they are more complicated to do, then you moan that it's too hard to hold all the buttons at the same time.

You can't just expect to go up to a small ramp, get loads of air and do backflips and stuff and be frustrated when it doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom