Skate 2

i think that skate was pretty good, but the only problem was not being able to get up stairs.

now in skate 2 you can walk, run and jump it makes things so much easier.

moving stuff around is gonna increase the life of this game by a great deal and the hippy jumps, handplants and finger flips are a good addition.

so i'm really looking forward to this

Out on Friday cant wait

And i also think the new Handplants and finger tips enhances the choice of what tricks to do

My son wants this and he said he was happy to just have Skate 1. I said it was probably best to get S2 because it should have improved and if he goes online at least there will be people there as I imagine S1 will have it's servers turned off at some point and most would have moved on to S2.

Obviously S1 is cheaper and he will prob get bored quite easily. Anybody else in the same boat? What's your thoughts? Worth getting S2 or do you reckon S1 will do?

I'll probably have a go of the game mind but I spend most of my time playing footy games so won't play it that much.

One more thing. It's 1-4 player but is it split screen?

I'm gonna break it down for you, Stueyy stylee.

DO NOT get Skate 1. Having owned it since Xmas 2007 and played it til now I can safely say that it gets boring after a while. I've done all there is to do in Skate and I just need that breath of fresh air there is offered in Skate 2. Obviously your son hasn't played it but Skate 2 promises so much more that Skate just lacks in. I'm not gonna list them cos it'll just bore you. And regarding the multiplayer. It's not split-screen cos it's usually a spot-battle or similar event. So this means that players take it in turns to score highest at a certain 'spot'. It's great fun. Get Skate 2 :D

The review on PlayR mentioned that Skate 2 isn't a huge improvement but it does sort all of the annoyances of the first and add more than enough content to be deserving of its own game.

It seems that the sticks are still as unresponsive as in the first - so moving -> <- -> never guarantees the correct move. 2 out of 10 times you'll do a -> -> move where it doesn't register the <-.

But really if he's going to play one of the 2 games, he'll find the problem in both so may as well get the one that fixes a lot of the negatives from the first.

First off the intro is weird its a long FMV sequence in a prison then it cuts into graphic intro for a bit and it looks woeful

The in game graphics are good though and the way the skateboarders move and stuff is bang on, some of the moves look awesome and you feel alot move involved because of the use of the left stick rather than a Tony Hawks game that uses buttons

more later...

yeah its good but weird and the switch from FMV to normal graphics make them look shoddy

All have i have done so far is a Mag shoot doin simple tricks but they look awesome on the replay when you do a heelflip onto a rail then grind and heelflip off it

Its saved enter a saved game name so i put aaaa and now my bloke is called aaaa :CURSE:

How are the replay options? I remember the first game was criticised for the lack of a fisheye camera and fixed cameras. I saw they added fixed cameras you can position but have they added anything else to that - oh and one big Q - can you save replays to the HDD?

How are the replay options? I remember the first game was criticised for the lack of a fisheye camera and fixed cameras. I saw they added fixed cameras you can position but have they added anything else to that - oh and one big Q - can you save replays to the HDD?

I cant figure out how to change the camera in a replay

The AI replays when you do challenges look awesome though but you can see them again after its done

I got pissed of with this yesterday and it was only about the 4th challenge you do :LOL:

I had to grind 2 rails in a row and I couldn't do it for the life of me, i hit the first and bailed most of the time and when i did grind it i couldn't position myself to get the second rail. What's worse it that i nailed it twice only for some pedestrians to be walking up the last set of stairs i was grinding and bumping into me knocking me off :RANT:

must have took me about 50 go's in the end and that's no exaggeration, but i have change the cam now so maybe my timing will be better

I just ran through Skate again while I've been off ill. I nailed that 360 Flip to FS Crooked grind on like the 3rd go. :LOL: My mum's picking me up Skate 2 tomorrow and I for one can't wait for it.

Whats the key to getting good air?

3 pushes gets you top speed it says but then if you hold down on the right stick you lose it, so is it how quickly you do down - up or hold long you hold down?

When you hit a hill, gently hold the right stick down. I assume you're talking about deathracing?

Im just talking anywhere that you have to jump on a rail or over something high

Oh right. Holding the stick down til your knees are fully bent and flicking up quickly are key. That's all there is to it. If there's a really high rail or ledge, there will usually be a bit of elevated pavement etc. Just time your Ollie or any other trick at the top of this and you'll make it no problems.

I love this downward slope in the demo - and despite the inverted camera in replay mode (please tell me that can be switched around) and awkward use of the sticks to position it. I love the replay editor.

2 bails i had today on the demo
YouTube - Skate 2 Bails

Oh but walking around without a board is fucking stupid - whoever designs the mechanics of that is a moron. It's like try to turn a shopping trolley around with a wonky wheel.

Going to have to get this game tomorrow

Typical when you want a woolworths to quickly nip into there all gone booo

Going to have to get this game tomorrow

Typical when you want a woolworths to quickly nip into there all gone booo

I was thinking the exact same thing today. The only place in walking distance from me for games was Woolworths. I miss it :((

No matter how hard I land my broken bones are no longer showing :(

Aha I see now, it only shows it when I do one of the current hall of meat challenges :) Found a great place for jumping and breaking myself, Cougar Mountain, top left on the map, climb up 2 long flights of metal stairs to the top :)

Think im getting bored already

I'm sick of doin the same tricks either because the stick don't respond to what i do and its to hard to do the advanced tricks as well, so im stuck with flips and grinds which most of the time dont respond

and the half pipes are just a mess, getting air and doin tricks are weird

i felt like that on the first - the control scheme is crappy but they're kinda stuck with it now after slagging off tony hawks for allowing everyone to do million point combos and unrealistic jumps.

I hate the way you can by flying at a half pipe and then as you jump lose all of your momentum.

Back
Top Bottom