Indiana USA (Scottish)
Nottingham Forest
Game informer Scans

gi02qc7.jpg

gi03hg6.jpg

gi04zk6.jpg

gi05yg7.jpg

gi06zt0.jpg

i liked the first one a lot - the second ... i don't know... it seemed a bit crap... i don't think i even bothered finishing it.

I had more fun though playinhg deathmatch against bots and just firing rockets into the walls creating tunnels and then climbing into them and killing the bots who came in. Or creating a tunnel into a wall... then eventually tunneling it up and around so i ended up above everyone and i'd snipe them from up high

Finally got to read my game informer and this game sounds like the sort of game Ive been wanting since i played Freedom Fighters on the PS2.
The openness of the game and missions sounds fantastic.

Re: red faction guerilla

Awesome stuff - though if they're adding an online MP side - i hope the game doesn't just become full of people destroying buildings and ignoring everything else.

On Red Faction 1 on the PS2 i used to make a tunnel with the rocket launcher in a U shape and make a little hole in the wall to Snipe though :LOL:

I loved Red Faction 1 on PS2 and Red Faction 2 wasnt that bad either. I was a bit dissapointed to hear that Red Faction: Guerrila is 3rd person but the impressive destructible environments make up for it. Volition were the pioneers in this area and they look to be making huge improvements with the new technology.

This does sound good! From what I can just remember, the PS2 game was pretty fun, me and my dad used to play it tonnes so it must have been. Might have to download the demo when they release it, if there is one, I hope so.

I played and completed the PC version, it was enjoyable but IMO pretty generic, only special thing was being able to make holes in the walls/ground you could use for strategic purposes, they need to have really moved the gameplay forward to compete with modern shooters.

It looks good! The jetpacks look like a lot of fun. I hope there will be vheicles in multiplayer since they are available in single player.

I downloaded it and the Beta is fun to play.
Unfortunately the destruction physics are dumbed down on the multi-player must be due to how it effects lag and speed etc

but i am only interested in the single player campaign when i buy this game

It looks alright, nothing special though. Reminds me of the first Halo and Fracture (which was rubbish).

Last edited:
THQ has announced that the Red Faction: Guerrilla demo will be available exclusively to special people for a short time when it launches this month.

Similar to the US GameStop pre-order deal, there's a temporary period of exclusivity for anybody who signs up at THQ.co.uk, with PS3 and Xbox 360 demos set to be made available through a key giveaway page.

Although it's not clear when exactly the demo will be made available, THQ has told Eurogamer it will be very soon.

-

http://www.thq-games.com/uk/news/show/6670

I quite enjoyed it - The first time I played it i died after trying to take a bunch of guys on at once but the second time through i used my mines to set traps which brought building crumbling down on top of enemies then i got into a truck and hurtled through walls and anything else that got in my way. The walking machine section was alright bashing the trucks out of the way and then firing rockets at them as they chased me.

It felt like a real old school fun game

It feels like Mercenaries 2 but the weapons are rubbish and it just looks and behaves so cartoonish. The physics are awful on it. The vehicles handle like shit and feel the same as each other and frankly it feels like one of those Americanised pro liberation games. "Oooh the terrorists have taken over 'X', let's send someone in to liberate the people".

Just my thoughts :)

Back
Top Bottom