Reasons I've had it with PES

Reasons why I have NEVER liked PES5 since it came out:

1. Crappy commentary (well as we all know its always been there)
2. Pathetic first touch from every single player as they knock the ball on about 10 yards ahead of themselves almost all the bloody time!
3. Players feel all stiff and Robotic at the best of times and they feel as if they are on CPU Controlled Rails.
4. CPU Cheating (I dont care what anyone says it does cheat!)
5. Master League.... (just not liking the way this works it could be so much better like the Career Mode on FIFA)

In WE10 the crappy player control was fixed and for the better! but they still felt robotic at times.

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Bauer said:
I've played FIFA 07 on the 360, and I'm so excited about the final game you wouldn't believe it. I've played Football Manager for years and loved it, every year I get the game and play it practically every day, and I can never get enough of it, but after playing the FIFA 07 demo on the 360, I've not touched it. And I LOVE Football Manager, even more than Pro Evo. The excitement I have for this game takes me back to when I was eleven years old, putting the new Sensible World of Soccer disk in my Amiga for the first time. I'm absolutely delighted. It's about time that Konami said "look, we've tweaked the gameplay for ten years, it's good enough now - let's, for at least one year, concentrate on making a league system that mimics real life, in every way, from the generated results to the transfer market to the financial model". Only then would I consider buying it again.

I still believe Konami could learn a thing or two from Sensible Soccer. To this day the best football game ever. The tournament and league option were absolutely immense.

at the end of the day it's just so simple:

PES is a great game, the best to someone who knows about soccer but...
... every true fan of PES knows how close to perfection it could be if only Konami put US before THEM. As long as Konami knows that selling a low budget game based on a gem game engine brings them the money they won't get better. The same happened for so many years with EA Sports, and I guess it still does, although I've heard they are finally trying to challenge it.

Stan said:
Terry, i guess this is partly directed towards me.

Lol - No Stan, it wasn't aimed at you at all! I know what you're saying - and I'd agree if it was a couple of people who have joined the forum just for the purpose of a rant. However, as it was Jack and NickSCFC I was prepared to listen to what they had to say.

And they do have some very good points. From my own point of view, every year the reviews say the same thing ("Feels more responsive", "goals are rewarding" blah, blah, blah) when what they mean is, 'somethings are better and somethings they have inexplicably fooked up'. It does get a bit boring, which is why I hope EA can turn up with a decent game - it'll keep Konami honest.

They have been going for about 10 years and yet the game is still as littered with annoyances as it was on it's first release. It's about time they were given a little scare. :eek:

I remember Seabass saying in an interview that PES had gone as far as it could on the PS2 console and that there wasn't much else they could do/add to it. My immediate thought was, how about fixing all the niggly gameplay faults, instead of hindering performance by adding referees and jamming up disc space with animal heads.

Professor Nutmeg said:
I remember Seabass saying in an interview that PES had gone as far as it could on the PS2 console and that there wasn't much else they could do/add to it. My immediate thought was, how about fixing all the niggly gameplay faults, instead of hindering performance by adding referees and jamming up disc space with animal heads.

Well put!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause:

Professor Nutmeg said:

Not to mention the technically undemanding task of adding a bunch of new (unlicensed) teams and restructuring the ML into something which resembles the real world of football.

Seabass has a growing reputation for talking sh*te.

Totally agree. It's nice to see people who love the game but at the same time can see Seabass talking a load of shite about it. Good on you Prof.

Professor Nutmeg said:

if i recall chaps, the first time the animal heads appeared was the same time was the same occasion that we didnt get striped shirts (pes3?)

db

Professor Nutmeg said:
...and now we'll be able to ride on dinosaurs and play as penguins :bomb:

Can't wait for that, PES5 dogs was appauling compared to PES4's Astronaut Guy and the random animals on head, lol.

What I do is get both PES6 and FIFA 07, easy enough :mrgreen:

I got an option file for PES5 from a friend with all the real kits and badges on it. anyone know if there will be one for 6. Completely agree that Konami has to sort out the strips soon cause EA are catching up with the gameplay.

bluebear said:
I got an option file for PES5 from a friend with all the real kits and badges on it. anyone know if there will be one for 6. Completely agree that Konami has to sort out the strips soon cause EA are catching up with the gameplay.

You could even though I unsure of this, load the data from PES5 onto PES6.

Yep you can, it's in there.. though I never have coz I've always gone PES to We... wish Konami would buy Codemasters and just port a version of WE into the management side of SWOS... I'd be dead from beer and non stop playing in a month!!

Professor Nutmeg said:

I can understand that the game may have evolved as far as possible in terms of improving gameplay. But, anyone who's patched PES5 knows that there's plenty of space left on the DVD to take PES6 further. Therefore why doesn't Konami fill up the disc with a load more stadiums, and alot more new teams or leagues? Why couldn't they put in the Portuguese or Argentinian or Brazilian leagues? What about the MLS or J-league. I want to feel as though i'm getting something for my money each year.

I've played WE10, and stopped after 1 month.....the first time that ever
happened since I started with WE5FE.....
Till WE9, I've played those for a good 3-4 months, some for 5-6 months.
But WE10, and as we know PES6 will be the same....
I just can't stand the ML,
the scripted bias (cheating),
the half-empty stadia,
the lack of realism off the pitch,
the terrible Goalies,
difficulty selecting players during defence,

It got to the point of frustration, where I just gave up....

Totally agree there mathewsss....something definitely went wrong in the past few WE/PES's.

I hate the random decision to make slowass defenders are *somehow* able to catch up with pacey players on the ball. It just makes the through ball pointless at the end.

Another thing I've definitely noticed (especially when playing against mates or people online) is that there is a scripted way to score: put ronaldinho on the wing and run with him down one said. There is always a player running down the middle to score the dragback. The defenders are incapable to defend this!.....

....I swear at least 8 out of 10 of my goals (or those scored against me) is done this way :(. It gets incredibly boring and you literally have no chance if the person you are playing is as Brazil or Barcelona :mad: (I never play as Brazil/Barcelona btw....too boring!)

With the earlier versions there was always a variety of ways to score :(

After spending the last couple of weeks managing Sheffield Wednesday in Fifa 07's career mode I'm not even sure I can face going back to the utter bollocks of PES6's ML. Yes PES plays a better game of football, but what's the point of it playing well but you can't do anything with it?

Match engine wise I'd put Fifa 07 at 7/10, PES/WE being somewhere around 9/10, Fifa's manager mode has a couple of flaws and annoyances but I'd say it's a strong 8.5/10, PES/WE's ML after playing the same thing for three years I'd give about 2/10.

Placebo said:
After spending the last couple of weeks managing Sheffield Wednesday in Fifa 07's career mode I'm not even sure I can face going back to the utter bollocks of PES6's ML. Yes PES plays a better game of football, but what's the point of it playing well but you can't do anything with it?

Match engine wise I'd put Fifa 07 at 7/10, PES/WE being somewhere around 9/10, Fifa's manager mode has a couple of flaws and annoyances but I'd say it's a strong 8.5/10, PES/WE's ML after playing the same thing for three years I'd give about 2/10.

No disrespect, but...
this is a typical post of somebody who is moaning for years.
I also would like a carreer mode like in FIFA and the last time i bought a FIFA game (last summer) i bought it for it's features...guess what, after two evenings i was fed up with it...i'm not biased against FIFA (nobody will believe me i know) but their gameplay simply does not looks like football...this is not real football...PES feels like playing real football...
Placebo's posting is a weird one, i don't care if ML has 2/10. For me the difference between the 7/10 and 9/10 is much much bigger...

And about the ML, there could be an irony...a sort of super league would actually be a good thing for football. The irony could be that Konami where way ahead of their time with their ML.

Ideally spoken EA should buy Konami and "merge" both games, or better still, Sega should buy Konami and merge PES with football manager...

gerd said:
No disrespect, but...
this is a typical post of somebody who is moaning for years.

And maybe if they improved the game we wouldn't have to moan for years? :)

gerd said:
And about the ML, there could be an irony...a sort of super league would actually be a good thing for football. The irony could be that Konami where way ahead of their time with their ML.

Fine, but what about job movements within ML, board expectations and pressures within ML, fan support and opinion, press comments and opinion, player issues to deal with, reserve leagues or junior leagues, there are a stack of features/improvements that could be added to the "ahead of their time" super league......

Nick Cave said:
Yep you can, it's in there.. though I never have coz I've always gone PES to We... wish Konami would buy Codemasters and just port a version of WE into the management side of SWOS... I'd be dead from beer and non stop playing in a month!!

unfortuantly i doubt konami have even heard of it mate. perhaps we should club together and ship seabass a copy

db

mathewsss said:
I've played WE10, and stopped after 1 month.....the first time that ever
happened since I started with WE5FE.....
Till WE9, I've played those for a good 3-4 months, some for 5-6 months.
But WE10, and as we know PES6 will be the same....
I just can't stand the ML,
the scripted bias (cheating),
the half-empty stadia,
the lack of realism off the pitch,
the terrible Goalies,
difficulty selecting players during defence,

It got to the point of frustration, where I just gave up....

no pes6 is different from we10 really different !

on the other hand fifa is still the same (played on x360 and ps2 it's always the same disgusting thing !)

Jack Bauer said:
That there's no better football game. That doesn't mean it's actually a great game, though. It just means that the competition is even worse.

If this was any other game in the universe, a first person shooter, a golf game... It wouldn't have a publisher by now.

Agreed. Football games are shite compared to other genres of games. PES = best from a poor bunch.

Slobber said:
Agreed. Football games are shite compared to other genres of games. PES = best from a poor bunch.

And why are football games shite? Because of licensing laws. 10 years ago there used to be 5 or 6 decent football games across the formats to choose from but FIFA has gradually killed them off one-by-one because they have a monopoly on licensing agreements.

jamez said:
And why are football games shite? Because of licensing laws. 10 years ago there used to be 5 or 6 decent football games across the formats to choose from but FIFA has gradually killed them off one-by-one because they have a monopoly on licensing agreements.

Whilst I would certainly agree that licensing plays a part in what makes a game attractive, I don't believe it has as much significance as some people like to make out.

Imagine if there was a game which had a match engine on a scale of PES/WE, really top quality gameplay, combined with the career/manager mode of Football manager or SWOS, but it had no licenses, everything was generic but editable, which would you choose if the alternative is a game with many licenses but limited/flawed gameplay? I know which I'd choose.

Placebo said:
Imagine if there was a game which had a match engine on a scale of PES/WE, really top quality gameplay, combined with the career/manager mode of Football manager or SWOS, but it had no licenses, everything was generic but editable, which would you choose if the alternative is a game with many licenses but limited/flawed gameplay? I know which I'd choose.

:applause: good point placebo. I won the world cup with a SWOS season upgrade disk 8)

I couldn't care less if ligue 1 is licensed or not, i just want to play a good game and either edit the teams to make them realistic or download an OF.

Fishboy said:
:applause: good point placebo. I won the world cup with a SWOS season upgrade disk 8)

I couldn't care less if ligue 1 is licensed or not, i just want to play a good game and either edit the teams to make them realistic or download an OF.

Well there are 2 other ways you could use patching or buying off ebay, your choice in the end. :D

Back
Top Bottom