Reasons I've had it with PES

They need to put a Champions League mode into League Mode. I really dont care if they leave ML the way it is but at least put the CL into League mode. You cant even set up a proper CL tourney on konami either. I mean come on HOW LAZY IS THAT???? cant play a team twice in a group and than have an away and return match in the knockout rounds. thats pathetic. The only way of playing CL is going through a season of ML that only has 4 freakin leagues. 16 teams in first division and 8 in the bottom. Its rather useless and a shame the ML is now.

Sorry Mr. Cave, I was actually referring to the topic creator Nick.

I actually agree with a lot of your posts, no holes in those, only your socks*...

*may not be true either. ;)

oops... :roll: never thought of that..... and nope never wear em unless playing togger (football) or like.... Will still be in fibbers (not called that now I know, but the name escapes me) that week, every night!! ;)

Oh dear, now there's something I dont agree with... haha. ;)

I passed by there today actually, Fibber Magee's still over the door but I thought similarly to you that it was changed a good while ago. Not my scene anyway, so I dont pay too much attention, I'll be honest. I'm sure the Guinness is decent, I guess thats what matters most. :)

Back on topic slightly, to maintain at least some level of profesionalism, this topic is pants but it doesn't beat the commentary one. :lol:

The whole thread of pointless and stupid moaning over and over again every year, c'mon guys, it's not that funny anymore.

NickSCFC said:
1. Presentation:

Like PES5 loadin screen, with the WE logo, but they greyed over "Winning Eleven" and even managed to use the wrong grey!

Commentary always the same shit, yet EA have miles better commentary, and even bothered to completely re-do it for the Xbox 360 version, which sounds like a real match!

AND THE WORST THING!!! Those stupid guys with cameras that stand by the tunnel as the players walk out... they look like Virtua Fighter 1, what is there purpose, they;ve been there since PES1 and have always looked shit.

2: Master League

So you have to pick a real team, but play with Zimines n co... and KOnami can't even be bothered to give us pounds, instead we get credit or Yen or some shit.

3: No German League

And no explanation

4: Fake kits that haven't changed since PES1

If This is Football can have 2 strips on unlicenced Adidas kits, then why can't Konami?
Nah we still get that blob under the armpits for fake Adidas, lazy Konami!

JackBauer says FIFA on 360 is better than PES so I'm gonna buy that instead cause some lad on the internet said so.

Funny you don't make any complain about the gameplay eh?

I can see why people want to move on from PES, but I feel Fifa 07 isnt the right time to jump ship.

For a lot of people they simply wont be able to go out and afford to buy both Fifa 07 and PES on the 360. I guarentee for the people who purchase Fifa they will end up changing it for PES because they wont be able to live without the gameplay, no matter how much of an improvement Fifa 07 is.

Unfortuantly Sales are all they care about and ppl are still buying each WE and PES game year after year regardless.
Until we stop buying the games it wont make a difference what we say about them.
WE10 would have been an easy game to miss out as PES old and next gen were just around the corner everyone bought it.
And anyone who bought WE10 could easily miss out on PES 6 but they will still buy it.

Adonis said:
I can see why people want to move on from PES, but I feel Fifa 07 isnt the right time to jump ship.

I played FIFA 07 (PS2) for the first time today and it's definitely not time to jump ship, as you say.

Although FIFA 07 is a decent game with some very neat touches, the gameplay is still some way off PES and still has that scripted element to it. Therefore i will be one of those people buying PES6 even though it will probably only be PES5.1.

The addition of the funky skills was the thing that pee'd me off about the latest PES incarnations...people just abused it and ended up running past 8-10 players (something you will hardly ever see in real life). I'm not saying that FIFA had implemented this well but to say that PES is "more realistic" is a joke.

I find it easier to use tricks in FIFA to beat players than in PES...maybe you just suck at defending in PES lol! :p

So you have to pick a real team, but play with Zimines n co... and KOnami can't even be bothered to give us pounds, instead we get credit or Yen or some shit.

You can play with the proper players from a team, also just because Konami use a different pricing system doesn't make it bad, thats like saying the lack of licences make the gameplay bad! The fact is Konami use a point system that allows for change, if they did it in EUROS or GPB they would have to come up with a new system as players develop.

Last edited:
It's definitely premature (imo) to think that FIFA has outdone PES at the moment. Although innovative, FIFA 07 is way off PES - but it is nice to see signs of possible competition to Konami. I did like the free passing aspect implemented into the latest incarnation of FIFA and I hope to see it soon in PES ;)

I'll say it again that Konami are in a better position to create the "perfect" game - the foundations are all there. I had hoped that the new generation of consoles will allow Konami to experiment a little - but this was clearly not the case with PES6 (X360).

However, if history is anything to go by, we will perhaps see the real next-gen Pro Evo in PES8 or PES9. With the PSX, ISS Pro Evolution definitely showcased the console abilities and similarly PES3 did so for the PS2.

Well here's hoping anyway! :D

NickSCFC said:
1. Presentation:

Like PES5 loadin screen, with the WE logo, but they greyed over "Winning Eleven" and even managed to use the wrong grey!

Commentary always the same shit, yet EA have miles better commentary, and even bothered to completely re-do it for the Xbox 360 version, which sounds like a real match!

AND THE WORST THING!!! Those stupid guys with cameras that stand by the tunnel as the players walk out... they look like Virtua Fighter 1, what is there purpose, they;ve been there since PES1 and have always looked shit.

And no explanation

If This is Football can have 2 strips on unlicenced Adidas kits, then why can't Konami?

JackBauer says FIFA on 360 is better than PES so I'm gonna buy that instead cause some lad on the internet said so.

When someone with a huge FIFA 2007 Avatar comes up with a bunch of reasons why he's had it with PES, I know it's my turn to not care. I have to comment a little on it, though.

Most of these reasons are just the lame crap we have been hearing from Fifa-fanboys for years... The wrong gray for the PES5 loading screen! Thank good I didn't notice that one, I would have thrown my copy in the bin instantly!!! OMG!

And the worst thing, the very worst thing are the guys with the cameras outside the tunnels. Yes they break my heart every time and I have to look away in disgust. The very worst thing in Pes. The worst.

One valid point (amazing) is that EA's commentary is always better. XBOX360 commentary like a real match, you say? Well, when something else in Fifa starts feeling like a real match, I might consider it.

yeh, theres 22 players on the field.....

i think the guys got a point. im still undecided on fifa or pro evo this year. fm is a certainty since it is an improvement of an almost perfect game, and the guys that make that are real fans and listen to feedback and suggestions but neither of pro evo or fifa seem as appealing as pro evo usually does this time of year. if i buy fifa, will i eventually long for pro evo and wish i got that instead? or will i buy pro evo and feel "ok they got the french league licensed, they took away the bundesliga, what else is different?" or even "wish i could play against someone from my own country that isnt rangers" in the end, ill probably get pro evo but ive never felt like getting fifa for years so something has to be wrong here...

NickSCFC said:

The bit that gets me is where they greyed out the title PES4 and put PES5 over the top, then released the same game again, as they have been doing for the past 3 years.

Isslander said:
When someone with a huge FIFA 2007 Avatar comes up with a bunch of reasons why he's had it with PES, I know it's my turn to not care. I have to comment a little on it, though.

Most of these reasons are just the lame crap we have been hearing from Fifa-fanboys for years... The wrong gray for the PES5 loading screen! Thank good I didn't notice that one, I would have thrown my copy in the bin instantly!!! OMG!

And the worst thing, the very worst thing are the guys with the cameras outside the tunnels. Yes they break my heart every time and I have to look away in disgust. The very worst thing in Pes. The worst.

One valid point (amazing) is that EA's commentary is always better. XBOX360 commentary like a real match, you say? Well, when something else in Fifa starts feeling like a real match, I might consider it.

:lol: :applause:

If you don't want to buy PES anymore because of certain things Konami do, then thats fine.

What i don't get is, why do you want to start a thread explaining why you "had it with PES"!?

Is it because you want know there are other people who are not buying PES too...so you can feel your not the only one who's not getting the game!?

Anyways when it's all said and done, people are going to buy the game anyways.

So... how do you go about joining this Fifa elitist club? I'm always looking to join a new clique. A Fifa clique on a Pro Evo forum... just imagine the possibilities.

Just a few questions though, would I actually have to play the damn game to join this clique? because my impressions from the demo lead me to believe it is a crock of shit. Secondly, do you have any rituals involving virgin sacrifice? As I have two stored in my cellar.

One virgin is more than enough...and talking of virginsin your cellar, areyou by any chance a compatriot of me...we Belgians are rather famous for keeping virgins in our cellar (hidden behind the groceries)...if not, why don't you become Belgian, you have already partly adapted, all you need to do now is become a racist....
At last this thread is coming to live...

Stringer Bell said:
What i don't get is, why do you want to start a thread explaining why you "had it with PES"!?

Is it because you want know there are other people who are not buying PES too...so you can feel your not the only one who's not getting the game!?

Anyways when it's all said and done, people are going to buy the game anyways.

I don't think it is being said that PES is crap (and lets face it, the current FIFA is way off toppling PES off the top spot)....rather that Konami can make it a lot better. Things such as the Super Cancel and manual passing functions can be better implemented for example.

Consumers should have the right over the developers in what they make - rather than the developers taking the liberty and reproducing the same old game year in and year out. After all, PES has always been about providing for the real fans of football. I personally wouldn't be too bothered about the current release but considering that PES6 is a supposed next gen release, it has been a bit underwhelming.

I know this is a PES fansite - but it is not always about praising every game that Konami release. In fact, collective constructive criticism will help make it a better game rather than continuing to purchase simply updated roster versions of the same game every year. If Konami are taking the piss, they should be told so ;)

Last edited:
Professor Nutmeg said:
Well, it's a year on and even with all its gameplay faults (sometimes very irritating), i'm still playing PES5. That says something to me.
That there's no better football game. That doesn't mean it's actually a great game, though. It just means that the competition is even worse.

If this was any other game in the universe, a first person shooter, a golf game... It wouldn't have a publisher by now.

NickSCFC said:
1. Presentation:

And no explanation

With all the respect man....I have also a lot of criticics to pes but when I have to think only at fifa games, I must say that pes is a masterpiece.....
Your reasons are very true......but you don't take in consideration the most important thing....the gameplay where pes is 100% unrivalled in this moment......If you like to see the ball going at 300KM/H, it's your choise...nothing to say about

Which shows that you've not played the 360 version of FIFA because if anything, the ball goes too slow.

A lot of people are saying that FIFA 360 is more of a simulation than Pro Evo this time around. People are entitled to their opinions; it's not just a case of "PES is the best simulation", not any more. EA have, rather unbelievably, done a fantastic job.

In my opinion (and a fair few others' as well, check out the Other Games Discussion -> FIFA 360 demo impressions thread). :)

I think Jack and NickSCFC make some valid points, and as a thread it's certainly more interesting than some of the infantile nonsense that is spouted around here. I don't understand why any criticism of PES is met with complete intolerance?

I'm in the same boat as Prof here - I'm still playing PES5 avidly (in fact I'm itching to get home tonight) and I still love the game to bits BUT I'm always interested to hear what else is out there. If you don't care what other options there are, and are sworn to Konami for life, then you are an idiot.

I won't buy FIFA07 - I will buy PES6, because I don't really care about anything other than the gameplay but I'm pleased to hear that EA are slowly but surely gaining ground on Konami and you should be too, because it's the only way you're going to get a better game (regardless of who makes it).

i actally think that on the physics side of the game pro 5 was not that great, it appeared rushed and incomplete. I've got WE10 and can see the improvements in passing, shooting, movement, dribbling. Mine is patched however which obviously makes it more enjoyable.

The original was pretty dull though in terms of presentation,music,boots,player likeness etc.

Gameplay wise its definately better than Fifa, but Fifa has a better overall package (season mode, challenges etc).

Thank God for the patch makers.

I've also got WE10 and I find the physics somewhat risible.

To me, it feels like there's not really any proper physics model at all, just a bunch of scripted routines which make the ball fall where the AI model needs it to go.

The physics in the game lacks freedom. You have no real control over the direction and power of the ball. You just aim, press a button and are then at the mercy of the AI model which decides exactly where the ball will go and at what pace.

I've not played FIFA07, and probably won't bother, but I'm certainly intrigued by the descriptions I've read of its passing system. It sounds like you, the player, decide where the ball goes and at what speed. PES is sadly STILL very lacking in this respect. It's far too scripted but alas, is still the best football game that there is.

T Butcher fan said:
I think Jack and NickSCFC make some valid points, and as a thread it's certainly more interesting than some of the infantile nonsense that is spouted around here. I don't understand why any criticism of PES is met with complete intolerance?

Terry, i guess this is partly directed towards me.
I can assure you that i'm not intolerant against EA, i actually enjoy some of their games a lot (Tiger Woods, SSX,...) and i even bought the world cup game (but i did not like it at all, played it for two evenings and returned to PES sine then).

You are right if you say that it's in everybody's intrest if there is harsh competition, that would mean better games....ok...

But i'm getting tired of these threads, every year round this period, this kind of threads appear on this forum comparing FIFA (already for sale) and PES (not for sale, no demo, based on wild rumours).

In three weeks time most of the people who are moaning now will find the new PES "awesome"...been there, seen that, done that....and my way of coping with that is "irony", "sarcasm"...maybe i have a very bad sense of humour but i'm not intolerant. i sincerely hope that everybody who will buy FIFA will enjoy it as much as i've enjoyed PES...

You say that Stan, but some people WON'T call PES awesome after it's released, including me (yeah, I've not played PES6, but I've played WE10 and all the realists know that PES6 will be WE10 with the ability to win more headers and do a new style of pass), and so I think it's perfectly valid for threads like this to exist. Changes need to be made to Pro Evo, and not just backwards steps either. Improve the gameplay, yeah that's great, but don't step backwards in every other area as well. We just want to voice this, in the vain, vain hope that someone from Konami will read and go "bloody hell, there's a lot of people unhappy with our [concentrate so hard on the gameplay that everything else suffers] policy". Personally, I want gameplay on and off the pitch, I want £s, not pts. I want realistic clubs and a realistic football world with transfers driven by a team's need for a player, not a random number generator. I want the threat of promotion and relegation (and I don't mean to an eight-team league either, I want a long hard slog of a season).

I've played FIFA 07 on the 360, and I'm so excited about the final game you wouldn't believe it. I've played Football Manager for years and loved it, every year I get the game and play it practically every day, and I can never get enough of it, but after playing the FIFA 07 demo on the 360, I've not touched it. And I LOVE Football Manager, even more than Pro Evo. The excitement I have for this game takes me back to when I was eleven years old, putting the new Sensible World of Soccer disk in my Amiga for the first time. I'm absolutely delighted. It's about time that Konami said "look, we've tweaked the gameplay for ten years, it's good enough now - let's, for at least one year, concentrate on making a league system that mimics real life, in every way, from the generated results to the transfer market to the financial model". Only then would I consider buying it again.

And fair enough, Konami won't be quaking in fear that I won't be buying the game until these changes happen. But I've spent £1,000 on every Konami release in the last ten years, to fund them enough to afford extra researchers and programmers, to add more features than "three gameplay tweaks and a license for a Premiership team when most of the user base doesn't give a crap about licenses". And I'm well within my rights to say enough is enough, and give my reasons why.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom