Reasons I've had it with PES

denirobob said:
unfortuantly i doubt konami have even heard of it mate. perhaps we should club together and ship seabass a copy

db

Good Idea... we'll send him an Amiga 500 and a letter explaining how a decade old game on two 1.4 floppies has more depth and fun than Konami can shake a stick at!!

ah... the limitless power of the Amiga and the endless space of a floppy!!!

i see many points of u fifa-boys or pes-dislikers that are only based on your missing ability to play/control PES...

some examples:
"why super control ... bla bla bad bla bla difficult"
My experience shows that using or not using super-control is the difference between an average player and a good one.
It's kind of an surprising element ... the average player knows more or less where his opponent will get the ball when he plays it and also knows where throuh balls will end a.s.o.
with the use of super control/cancel u surprise the enemy (the average player) because u collect the ball earlier than he expects and so u are in a situation that the opponent would not have thought of ! The same goes for letting through (pressing sprint/run-button without any direction) the ball.

another thing "my player wants to collect the ball but it always gets knocked to far forward bla bla" ... my friends ... go outside and play football ... u wont find anyone that can collect a ball while running at full speed ... i most of the time have NO problem collecting balls after/while running...

i played Fifa 07 on PS2, on X-Box360 and on PC. One thing i never saw in PES were such severe bugs like on the x-box 360 fifa07 where the ball was stuck in midair in the penalty box ... u could not take it, would walk through it like it wasnt there ... u had to restart the game .... very fine made, EA ;)

so Fifa got the license ? So why does Nedved look like some overweight-Ravanelli ??? Playing Fifa 07 i got the impression that it is a game for n00bs that want to do things, that are not realistic. My mate was on the wing with the face to the sideline ... a defender was right by him and he just pressed the cross-button and the player made a 180° turn on the spot and crossed perfectly on the player in the box ... hello ?? without looking in the direction and without any other steps just circling 180° on the supporting foot... alright ... (xb0x360)

i remember the first game against my mate who owns the xbox360 ... he just uses the same pattern to score goals ... run until 35 meters in front of the goal then plays the through ball and half of the cases the player is trough alone in front of the keeper ... but what does the keeper ? i'm used to quick keepers that run for the ball (i know u can do this with the "through ball" button), but here the CPU-Keeper (Keeper from the xbox controlled team) just stands on the line ... lol ..
another realistic feature ... when in front of goal ... don't try to shoot the ball in the long post... no that is always saved by the keeper ... just shoot into the short corner/post and the ball will go in in 80%
that are my experiences with the fifa07 on the xbox360

i really hoped fifa07 (on pc) could make the time waiting for pes6 go by faster .... i started a carrer mode season but can't play more than 2 games in a row because the silly shot system fucks me up and the game just does not feel right. my first goal was a 25 meter long shot straight at the keeper and guess what ?? he let the ball bounce through his legs ... lol .. what a crap! no the opponent has the ball and does what he does all the time ... no he does not score from within the box ... he just fires at a range of 20 meters and the ball goes in on a 50/50 basis ... this just sucks ...

This is a strange thread.
While there are people who have a point (why the dog heads etc, Konami don't seems to listen to the European fans' wishes, the ML could be better...) it's pretty obvious that gameplaywise this is one of the best games around. Look at all the reviews: PES/WE constantly scores around 90%. While i'm the first to acknowledge that reviews are subjective, one must admit that the sum of all reviews must be fairly objective...game journalist are testing hunders of games and still they rank PES/WE among the best....i don't think that this is a coïncidence.

danwin said:
It's just a phase, you'll be back with your tails between your legs. It reminds me of a friend that turned into a gay punk rocker in the 60's. It was never going to work out for him, they just never accepted his hitler esque moustache even though he combined it with a 2 foot pink mohawk. There's something to be learned here.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: What the fuck has that got to do with PES or FIFA!

Okay, I haven't played FIFA '07 for the 360 so I'm gonna reserve judgement on that game, the only possible reference I have is that I've been disappointed with the series for the past couple of seasons so forgive me if I'm sceptical of this one.

I've read a lot of complaints about Pro Evolution not being a game of 'Evolution' because of the failure to really revolutionise their gameplay. The only response I can give is the fact that they don't need to, the title 'Evolution' refers to the original Pro Evolution Soccer released in 2001 and I doubt they're gonna change the name in relevence to the gameplay of that perticular year.

Over the past eight years I've found that each rendition of PES has surpassed FIFA in ball physics, player movement and overall realism of the gameplay. They follow their motto, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Some are disappointed by the player movements or animations and stayed, 'it's not realistic', well its the closest we're gonna get.

The Masterleague is pretty much the backbone, the signature, the selling point of Pro Evolution so they aren't gonna change it irrecognisably, the fact is many gamers are happy with it as is, myself included. I can respect anyones oppinions about it, but complaining about the Masterleague currency (points as opposed to £'s) is a bit stupid as well as pointless. If you don't wanna play in the Masterleague then there's a perfectly adept League Mode with club league options as well as international.

Licenses are something KONAMI have always had problems aquiring due to FIFA owning the vast majority of them. As an FYI, the Bundesliga was removed due to FIFA owning an Exclusive Contract this year so KONAMI were left out.

Jess C said:
...the title 'Evolution' refers to the original Pro Evolution Soccer released in 2001 and I doubt they're gonna change the name in relevence to the gameplay of that perticular year...

Or even ISS Pro Evolution back in 2000. ;)

Yeah everyone is frustrated with Konami for being lazy and hardly improving aspects of the game that are very easy to improve. Myabe we should make a letter and send it to Konami full of conplaints, like NBA Live fans sent a letter to EA sports because they were getting tired with how horrible NBA Live is, check it out here: http://www.nbalive.org/portal/page/525

Tried it before, I printed off several posts from here about how the game isn't updated, how so much is missing... I tried it three or four times, to addresses in Japan and in Konami Europe (Germany). They don't care. They'll ignore anything we send to them in the same way that EA will ignore that letter you've linked to above. They're businesses. They want money. People aren't stopping buying their games, because they look nice and they've got a fancy player on the box. They've got their money.

Jack Bauer said:
Tried it before, I printed off several posts from here about how the game isn't updated, how so much is missing... I tried it three or four times, to addresses in Japan and in Konami Europe (Germany). They don't care. They'll ignore anything we send to them in the same way that EA will ignore that letter you've linked to above. They're businesses. They want money. People aren't stopping buying their games, because they look nice and they've got a fancy player on the box. They've got their money.
That's sadly true, they mostly care about money.

even though sometimes i wish konami would put more new features in the new PES i am thankful that they do not jump from one extreme to the other ... if you buy the new PES u know what you'll get !
You get ...
-new updated rosters
-few more teams
-gameplay improvements (like now better heading)
-menu tweaks
-slightly inproved ball physics
-a new cup/league/competition
-small improvements in the masterleague (like now being able to select which player should take part in the physical condition training)

that'S my impression after playing a few games PES6 on the PS2!

konami does progress ... but not to fast ... not fast but steady !

Just to add to what was said above about getting in touch with Konami and telling them to change things...

Have a look at this.

This was a fantastic list of things that need changing, and you'll notice on the second page of the topic that Konami respond to the guy and say "we'll look at all of your suggestions".

The fact that PES6 has the same features as PES5 (bar a World Cup Qualification mode and a few new online options, which personally I don't care about) shows that they do not care.

Basically, the only way that we're going to get the features we want, is when they decide they want the features we want. And they love fantasy leagues and all that crap. So we're not going to get what we want from Konami.

(This is addressed to those who want more than just gameplay tweaks - obviously lots of people are happy with PES6 being a gameplay tweak and little else, so this isn't aimed at them, they will always be happy with Konami and that's fair enough)

Last edited:
I got PES6 a few days ago and IMO, Konami just made the game worse than WE10. The keepers are brilliant now but they ruined everything else. The pace of the game is actually faster now. People say its slower but thats not true. They just added a few slow moving animations here and there like when you turn 90 degrees but the game is still fast. The passes have too much weight and are over hit too often, the ref hardly ever calls fouls, nearly all attacking players have Rooney-like balance which makes it too hard to tackle, shooting is far too accurate (not the placement but just getting it on target, it never goes over or wide) even from very long distances using players that have weaker stats.
Like Jack Bauer said, PES6 is just PES5 with tweaks that arguably make it worse, not better.

FIFA 07 might not be great but atleast its a HUGE step in the right direction. I'm almost drooling thinking about what FIFA 08 might be like...

RuneEdge said:
Like Jack Bauer said, PES6 is just PES5 with tweaks that arguably make it worse, not better.
The amount of people who've said "WE10 isn't PES6, just wait until it's out, don't judge a game you haven't played". And now what? It's the same game. No wait, it's worse. And then, to top it off, when they're saying "don't judge a game you haven't played", in the next breath they say "FIFA will always be shit". Thank God I'll never be a fanboy.

I'm disgusted with Konami. Anybody who's too stupid to say "PES is a RELIGION, I can't try another football game, Satan will come and eat me in the night" doesn't deserve to play a better game, and they won't. FIFA 07 on the 360 is a huge, huge change from the current-gen version, never MIND from FIFA 06. PES6 is PES5 with a few tweaks. Which have, in my opinion as well RuneEdge, made the game worse. I think they're just randomly playing with things now and going "there you go, that's enough of a change, they'll lap it up".

Last edited:
What Konami do used to be called updates in the "good old days", but they did only used to charge 1/2 the price of the full title.
Now they give it a new number ie Pes 4,5,6,7, and charge full whack for the same thing...

That's not what we're saying. It's nothing to do with graphics, sound, whatever. It's to do with the gameplay. It doesn't change by more than 1%, and FIFA 07 feels like a dream. Your players aren't magnetised to every passing ball.

Our point is, PES1 to PES6 are too similar to be worth £40 each. They're data updates and random tweaks.

SWOS is being released on the XBOX 360 and its the proper SWOS with fully functional career mode etc.
So Seabass has lost his last excuss if he never knew of this game.

embraceuk1 said:
SWOS is being released on the XBOX 360 and its the proper SWOS with fully functional career mode etc.
So Seabass has lost his last excuss if he never knew of this game.
If they can give SWOS away over XBOX Live with a fully-functioning career mode, then they should give PES5, sorry I mean PES6, away over XBOX Live as well.

Jack Bauer said:
The amount of people who've said "WE10 isn't PES6, just wait until it's out, don't judge a game you haven't played". And now what? It's the same game. No wait, it's worse. And then, to top it off, when they're saying "don't judge a game you haven't played", in the next breath they say "FIFA will always be shit". Thank God I'll never be a fanboy.

I'm disgusted with Konami. Anybody who's too stupid to say "PES is a RELIGION, I can't try another football game, Satan will come and eat me in the night" doesn't deserve to play a better game, and they won't. FIFA 07 on the 360 is a huge, huge change from the current-gen version, never MIND from FIFA 06. PES6 is PES5 with a few tweaks. Which have, in my opinion as well RuneEdge, made the game worse. I think they're just randomly playing with things now and going "there you go, that's enough of a change, they'll lap it up".

I totally agree with Jack....
I've always had this suspicion that one of their methods is
to fix something that was broken, and break something that used to work.
And people like us come to this board saying, "I wish they could fix
the goalies...", and in the next version it magically starts working,
while other stuff is broken.
You will see that every version does this.....we're the fools who
kept buying their games hoping the next version is really better,
where in all honesty, since WE7 onwards it's been going sideways,
add one thing, remove the other....
It's become a stale game, and they are living off past glories and
suckers who keep buying PES because there was no other decent alternative.

I think EA finally woke up and found their act...they realize what
they are missing and are finally getting good gameplay.
Every FIFA from 2000 to 2006 were un-playable compared to WE/PES,
but this year they have managed to change things, and on X360
could probably be even better than PES

The distinct lack of a demo this year certainly has raised some alarm bells for me and has caused a lot of people to question Konami and this years version.

I will be buying PES6, but I get the feeling from reading many topics on these forums from people who have played it that I'm paying for a season update with as many elements added as taken away. Unless there's a dramatic upturn in productivity next year I can't see myself forking out for the next version.

And as someone pointed out above - next years FIFA could well be the complete package.

V1RTU4L said:
even though sometimes i wish konami would put more new features in the new PES i am thankful that they do not jump from one extreme to the other ... if you buy the new PES u know what you'll get !
You get ...
-few more teams

Errrr.... nope, no Bundesliga here

I have the feeling that other people has here. They release a game fixing an aspect that sucks and they ruined another that is ok. A real shame.

i'll still buy it..for many yrs ppl complaint about konami and the new game, still after a month or so nobody complaint and everybody loved their game

and I rlly thoug pes 4 was better than 3 and 5 was better than 4 so That's why I'm gonna buy 6.

Putuco Malo said:
Errrr.... nope, no Bundesliga here

I have the feeling that other people has here. They release a game fixing an aspect that sucks and they ruined another that is ok. A real shame.

That's not 100% correct! The Bundesliga-License may not be in, but the slots for the teams are still there ... just named "team 1" - "team 18", so u can add the bundesliga or even any league u wish by yourself ...

V1RTU4L said:
That's not 100% correct! The Bundesliga-License may not be in, but the slots for the teams are still there ... just named "team 1" - "team 18", so u can add the bundesliga or even any league u wish by yourself ...

Yeah, but who wants to spend days researching and then keying in the Germans players stats, appearances, teams kits, etc? Of course, someone will and will post it as an OF - one great thing about PES is the talented, diligent and generous editing community.

But for me, there's something symbolic about the fact they've had to pull the German teams out. It looks somewhat pathetic, makes the whole package look a bit lame and shambolic. Ironically, it comes at a time when many fans are reaching the point where they've had it with the gameplay, too.

PES6 just looks like a poor product.

It also sounds like the "next-gen" version on X-Box 360 is a really shoddy port with slow-down and many missing features.

Back
Top Bottom