Give the Demo your rating out of 10.

Votes: 17 7.5%

Votes: 73 32.2%

Votes: 71 31.3%

Votes: 36 15.9%

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 25 11.0%

• Total voters
I played PES6 the other day and it feels as old as it is. Dated.

Dated or not, its a fact that the animation is Superior and looks a lot Smother than the 2012 version, not to mention the controlling of the ball in that game feels much more Solid and realistic

I gave it an 8 for the nature of it. I'm absolutely loving this game but the few niggles (mainly keepers, they're horrible sometimes) are putting a damper on it's rating. I think if they make the keepers decent, fix some odd moments with ball physics and player control, we could be in for the first 10/10 in this generation.

Remember guys, there's a second demo in a few weeks!

I am giving it an 8 so far. It's early so things are looking very positive, but after a heavily modded PES11, the vanilla Konami game always comes as a bit of a shock. Sound is terrible ATM. Shooting gives me very little satisfaction, but later code is meant to be much improved. Ball physics seem far too floaty to me. Getting the balance of game speed and animation boosts is difficult. (Where are you Jenkey and Yair?)

Last edited:
I agree with most. Some fine tuning on the goal keepers with less spills and parries also more freedom with shooting and hit should be the best pes for a long time.

Is it just me or the shooting, most of them like a balloon, floating and stray away from any target? And the goalkeeper, purghh.. They can't even catch a straightforward shot. I give it a 9. Simply because they've made the most realistic De Gea performance.

I'll give it a 10! They made me a surprise, they included ME as the Milan goalkeeper! Look, it's the way I use to play!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKtxaVEgfL4

No, wait... That's Abbiati, a PROFESSIONAL goalkeeper :CONFUSE:

Let's get serious: I think I'll give this demo a 5 out of 10* at this moment in time, the keepers completely ruin it for me.

So far, these are the things I like and my main concerns:

GOOD:
  • Shooting. It finally feels you have the good old control back. It doesn't matter if I hit 2 posts in the first match I played, shooting feels good so far.
  • Passing physics: maybe the ball is just a little too heavy, but it's a huge improvement over the past versions
  • Teammate control: easy to trigger, you definitely need to get used to it but it'll be a key feature to prevail in tight matches

BAD:
  • Passing freedom: too low. Period. Even without assist from the CPU I can reach the foot of a teammate with every pass, no-matter-what. This is what I call "semi" at least, if not "assisted".
  • Keepers: see the video. And it's not the worst thing I've seen from them.
  • Collisions: people getting caressed and going down like they've been shot. Come on, Nedved stopped playing several years ago. And NO, this is NOT a pool.
So, if they improved the keepers and made the passes a little bit more free it would be a 7.5, probably even an 8. But for now the demo doesn't suffice.

*Konami, you're lucky there is no rating lower than 5, you deserve a 3 for what you've done with those awful keepers

For me it is a 8.

With this goalkeepers it's not possible to give it a higher score. Konami do your work!

At this point it looks like PES 2012 will be the best Next Gen PES, without a doubt. This Game has a lot of good things to offer. Beside the goalies all it needs is some polish. Shooting, passing, KI is already on a very high level at this stage. Some little things here and there, some more balancing but overall it already feels great.

Dated or not, its a fact that the animation is Superior and looks a lot Smother than the 2012 version, not to mention the controlling of the ball in that game feels much more Solid and realistic

It's no fact. It's only your opinion. And the animations aren't superior, in my opinion, of course.

I am giving it an 8 so far. It's early so things are looking very positive, but after a heavily modded PES11, the vanilla Konami game always comes as a bit of a shock. Sound is terrible ATM. Shooting gives me very little satisfaction, but later code is meant to be much improved. Ball physics seem far too floaty to me. Getting the balance of game speed and animation boosts is difficult. (Where are you Jenkey and Yair?)

bendit i released the first patch for pes2012 and you can find it on my facebook group :)

I dont want to sound so negative so i dont want to talk about details.I didnt like demo because of ultra high accuracy on everything( passing, shooting, dribbling).It causes stupid game results like 7-3 in 10 minutes.In real life there are a lot of 0-0 s.This is not possible with this gameplay.I guess KONAMI wanted to show a bit of everything in this demo so they made it a bit loose.I think of this demo as casual gamestyle in NBA2K11. I want to see custom in 2.demo and simulation in full release.

I dont want to sound so negative so i dont want to talk about details.I didnt like demo because of ultra high accuracy on everything( passing, shooting, dribbling).It causes stupid game results like 7-3 in 10 minutes.In real life there are a lot of 0-0 s.This is not possible with this gameplay.I guess KONAMI wanted to show a bit of everything in this demo so they made it a bit loose.I think of this demo as casual gamestyle in NBA2K11. I want to see custom in 2.demo and simulation in full release.

7-3? In what, amateur? lol.

And to the other guy, defensive line positioning? Of who? Wth?

I give it a 7.

Positive aspects:
- plays much better than pes2011

Negative aspects:
- fast players who can dribble (e.g. Robinho) are nearly unstoppable if you can handle them.

Agree

Its too responsive (just my opinion of course)

7-3? In what, amateur? lol.

And to the other guy, defensive line positioning? Of who? Wth?
Defensive lines are very conservative, far too defensive, no pressing whatsoever, and you (nearly) never see an offside for example, say are always running back.

That depends on the team tactics you know. Try to change the CPU defensive tactics a bit and you'll see the difference (I did. Surely different teams in the full game will defend in different ways, some will be much higher on the pitch for sure).

I know this is just an early build, but me no likey.It looks like FIFA, and i don't consider that good.

Overall physics don't feel right.Player movement is too arcadish, no variety in speed,overpowered dribbling system. Goalkeepers are simply infuriating(well they're better than not having GK at all, that's for sure).

Gonna wait for another demo, i suppose. Plus until i get a taste of offline ML, i can't completely judge any PES game.But in this early build of 2012 edition i didn't get that PES feeling for the first time in a looong time.

Last edited:
I don't like it. It's crap. Same old zombie animations.
The days of PES 5/6 seem to be well and truly over. I don't think we will have a decent PES game in near future.

FIFA 12 PC all the way this year.

It's like it's all about the f*cking cosmetics and not about the football at all...
Imagine playing a football game with perfect physics, with no GK bugs and no passes that end up (just a little, honestly) too short sometimes, but with just plastic jars instead of players. So no cosmetics at all.
Would it be good to see a shot on goal and see a plastic jar slide (or roll) along the goal line trying to bounce the ball off? No, in my opinion it wouldn't. Even if the physics and the gameplay are perfect.

I'm not a fan of the perfect graphics either, but to feel like a football game, it has to play like a football game but it also has to look (at least a little) like a football game.

Back
Top Bottom