Rangers Thread

I can't wait to see how Rangers' defense deal with Celtic, that's 4 goals conceded in two games against mince like Aberdeen and Hibs (plus a missed PK), the only clean sheet you've had was against the magnificent Killie at home. Played 4, conceded 5, not played a team as strong as Celtic (Copenhagen aren't IMO) yet, I sort of wish you will qualify for the CL, you'll get pumped :D.

McManus' strike was a belter.

ClassicD said:
I can't wait to see how Rangers' defense deal with Celtic, that's 4 goals conceded in two games against mince like Aberdeen and Hibs (plus a missed PK), the only clean sheet you've had was against the magnificent Killie at home. Played 4, conceded 5, not played a team as strong as Celtic (Copenhagen aren't IMO) yet, I sort of wish you will qualify for the CL, you'll get pumped :D.

McManus' strike was a belter.

Judging by your game today with Partick, I don't think we have much to worry about. And I realise you never had Fatty and Sutton but they really aren't special. In Khizanishvili's pocket they'll go.

Celtic look worse than us at the back, and we are settling in a new defensive pairing, it will soon be a lot more solid.

Yeah, I forgot Berg will settle in, although I think you're forgetting by the time he's done that he'll be collecting his pension ;).

We've conceded one goal in 6 games, "worse than us" my arse. I don't think your defense will be good enough by the time the first OF game rolls round.

Foxtrot you say our two missing strikers "aren't special" anyway, but a lot of Rangers' goals conceded have been from high balls, they'll have a field day against your back-line.

You kept a clean sheet against the Pars and United, wow, your defence is amazing, even the mighty Kaunas created chances to score against your team, and they are Junior league level.

And if you want to talk about crosses, hello you have Rab Douglas in goals, oh dear :D

Bottom line is we've played 2 games more than you yet conceded 4 goals less, and we've played as bad if not worse teams than you have (Kilmarnock, perennial gub-merchants at Ibrox, Aberdeen, the team who lost two of their 'best' players to a now bigger club in Dunfermline and can be described as pishflaps at best).

Granted Hibs won their first two games of the season, but Dunfermline have also won 2/3 this season.

Yes Douglas is mince coming for crosses, but Mols isn't exactly going to outjump Balde is he...

LOL and the standard you have played in Europe is really high I suppose LOL good one! Bottom line is the minnows that are Kaunas and MTK created a lot of chances, only there poor finishing kept it a clean sheet for you, seems to me your letting some stats cover up the glaring cracks in your defence, look at how thistle ripped ur backline apart, Dundee United did the same only a clearance of the line saved you, the Pars also created 3 or 4 really good chances. But if your happy to ride your luck for the time being then I am glad for you, because your defence will be found out soon enough.

"Kaunas and MTK created a lot of chances" - sorry but that's bullsh­it, and unless you watched the games via PPV like I did, you're basing that on media reports, which you seem very keen to bash me for doing.

Ok, European games aside, Celtic have conceded 1 in 3, Rangers have conceded 4 in 3, and have played twice at home to Celtic's once. I'm not papering over anything, our defense is the same as always, Valgaeren dodgy and Mjallby/Varga big and clumsy when it comes to nippy players, no different to last year when we beat you more than you beat us in the league. Your defense on the other hand is clearly poor at dealing with high balls into the box, a strong point of ours.

You should know I'm just winding you up, it counts for nothing if you beat us remember. ;)

ClassicD said:
Ok, European games aside, Celtic have conceded 1 in 3, Rangers have conceded 4 in 3, and have played twice at home to Celtic's once.

Doesn't really matter. We're top of the league. :mrgreen:

foxtrot_yankee said:
ClassicD said:
Ok, European games aside, Celtic have conceded 1 in 3, Rangers have conceded 4 in 3, and have played twice at home to Celtic's once.

Doesn't really matter. We're top of the league. :mrgreen:

Haha...........and were second bottom. :mrgreen:

Well i'm still trying to get over the fact that Rangers conceded a penalty at Ibrox... :shock:

Anyway Kishnisvili (sp?) should have been sent off for the pen cos murray was left with a clear goal scoring opportunity but still i was very happy with the way that we played today and at least we made it a great match which is definately something that the SPL needed.

I just hope that other teams play as attacking formation against the old firm this season as i would really love to see other teams give them a good game (apart from Hearts of course as i always love to see them get humped :mrgreen: )

What do you lot think of Hibs chances for Europe this season?? We seem to have got rid of the late goals which was the main thing holding us back last season.

hibsfc said:
Well i'm still trying to get over the fact that Rangers conceded a penalty at Ibrox... :shock:

Anyway Kishnisvili (sp?) should have been sent off for the pen cos murray was left with a clear goal scoring opportunity but still i was very happy with the way that we played today and at least we made it a great match which is definately something that the SPL needed.

I just hope that other teams play as attacking formation against the old firm this season as i would really love to see other teams give them a good game (apart from Hearts of course as i always love to see them get humped :mrgreen: )

What do you lot think of Hibs chances for Europe this season?? We seem to have got rid of the late goals which was the main thing holding us back last season.

Well mate you should get a easy win next week against us. :mrgreen:

biggertam said:
any of uz guys know if celtic and rangers 's champ leauge qualifiers r on satalite last i heard it was only a possability.

both are on setanta 1 & 2 ppv £7.99 per game

chas said:
biggertam said:
any of uz guys know if celtic and rangers 's champ leauge qualifiers r on satalite last i heard it was only a possability.

both are on setanta 1 & 2 ppv £7.99 per game

Good, because i don't wanna see them. :mrgreen:

Yep, despite all the **** we're top of the league.

Serves that mouthy baw bag sutton makin stupid rediculous comments at the end of last season (karma anyone)

And regarding the old firm matches - its no use blabbing on about who has the better team as u should know by now it never works out like that on the day. The only way u get the right score at the end of an auld firm game is by sheer fluke, everything goes out the window and its about who plays the best or takes their chances ON THE DAY

Good stuff, up the Gers!

BARRY TRIES A U-TURN

Barry Ferguson tried to withdraw his transfer request on Friday night!!!
A request which was turned down by Martin Bain, the club feel betrayed and are not willing to go back.

Must be hard for him to leave the club he loves and supports, being captain of Rangers was his dream, I guess he will have very mixed feelings, he wants to play in a better league but he also loves wearing the blue of Rangers.

Andy1888 said:
BARRY TRIES A U-TURN

Barry Ferguson tried to withdraw his transfer request on Friday night!!!
A request which was turned down by Martin Bain, the club feel betrayed and are not willing to go back.

Where did you get this from ???

Same person who told me that he handed in a transfer request a fortnight ago! Where have you been? I revealed Barry's intent in leaving Rangers 3 or 4 days before the scottish press announced this " exclusive ".

Sorry Andy, been sleeping i guess.
Where in paisley you from - i am from Renfrew

Back
Top Bottom