Rainbow Six : Vegas

got the game today, its just annoying me atm, but once I get into it properly, I'll probably love it, it's certainly not as fun as GoW but then I realise it's not supposed to be, you really can't just go gung-ho into it cause you just die straight away, but ah well, I'll get used to it, btw do you have to download the patch (not for this game), to access Live

I got my wireless adapter yesterday, and tried to access live, but it came up saying I needed to download a patch

Very tough choice

vegas is an awesome multiplayer but i think i only play it more because of the cover system.

COD3 dosnt have this but it has vehicles :)

Hows this single player? I wont have live so would I have problems without the update?

Single player is fine, the AI for your teammates is probably the best I have seen in this kind of game

The single player is quite polished and perfectly playable without the patch, you'll see from the patch list that there's only one notable fix for single player.

I've been given this for Christmas (the girlfriend spends her Christmas with her family, so we exchange presents early)... And I'm really disappointed to be honest! I'm quite shocked, after reading how fantastic it is, I just can't get into it the same way I did with Gears Of War. The biggest disappointment, though, is the offline co-op, which you can't play through properly because the story is "missing" (all of the movies are missing, as well as the chatter between the characters). What a stupid, stupid decision. Utterly ruined the whole game for me - single-player may well be fantastic, but all the way through I'm thinking "why couldn't I do this in co-op"? Or am I totally missing something?!

TBH, I thought the storyline wasn't upto much. I still don't know the name of half of the people in the game even though they are integral to the story.

It's kinda disappointing especially as this is Tom Clancy inspired - the story could have been a lot better. I didn't know that about the offline co-op - which is a lil disappointing (although I mainly play single player or team multiplayer online).

It was pure gameplay that got to me though - especially the team aspect of it all. As well as the fantastic cover system, I loved being able to use the gadgets (snake cam + door explosives are the best things ever!).

I'm probably one of the few people who actually thinks this is slightly more enjoyable than GOW. But overall, the fact that I have two excellent games is enough to make me happy about the 360 tbh ;)

Last edited:
One of these days I am going to read a post by Jack Bauer and not want to commit suicide. Can someone else screen his posts for me and let me know when he cheers up?

One of these days I am going to read a post by Jack Bauer and not want to commit suicide. Can someone else screen his posts for me and let me know when he cheers up?

Will do boss! You are on my list to keep an eye on, I'm worried about you.

I'm more angry than depressed though. They've ripped the story out of co-op, for no reason. It's like on PES on the 360, you can't control the opposition team in a league or a cup. You've paid your money, and then they say "right, well this thing you can do in all of the other modes, you can't in this mode, just because we couldn't be arsed clicking copy and paste". The story in any FPS is important to me, and the whole reason I wanted Vegas was to play co-op. Therefore, I'm not happy!!

CW, see the TV thread, I'm extremely happy with my telly (thanks to Ash). That should perk you up a bit.

A.I. is tight in this game. I'm yet to see one of my team get caught behind a wall/blow himself up etc. Only a matter of time tho :p

I wish they'd incorporated the headset like in RS3 on the original Xbox. You felt like a bit of a tool at first but I got well into it after the first few missions. "ZULU GO!"

I wish they'd incorporated the headset like in RS3 on the original Xbox. You felt like a bit of a tool at first but I got well into it after the first few missions. "ZULU GO!"

r u sure you cant do this im near sure ive seen it in the manual......page 4/5 infact

Yeah you do moan quite a bit JB your getting worse than djdavedick or whatever his name was. Not really touched my 360 since getting the Wii.

Right...well I'm too ill to do any work tonight - but hopefully not ill enough to shoot some people online! :twisted:. It's a bit short notice - or should we organise something for another day?

Lets organise it for another day. Whens good for everyone?

Back
Top Bottom