[PSP] Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution - September

The PSP needs something big and although there is no master league this should improve the sales in japan loads. The NDS is hammering the PSP at the moment. Software on the NDS is a lot better than the PSP at the moment. Most PSP games are average at best.

kobashi said:
The PSP needs something big and although there is no master league this should improve the sales in japan loads. The NDS is hammering the PSP at the moment. Software on the NDS is a lot better than the PSP at the moment. Most PSP games are average at best.

Gotta agree as most games get boring after a week IMO! I need a DS and Advance Wars

Dead Man said:
Gotta agree as most games get boring after a week IMO! I need a DS and Advance Wars

my copy of advance wars came last friday! game is so addictive!!

Does anyone else think that WE9 on PSP is gonna get a boring with no ML.

Last edited:
I've had every Winning Elven game (except for 9) and Pes game since the Master League was introduced and I've yet to play the master league.

I'm still in love with just enjoying the football...as Michael Owen said, I go to sleep dreaming of Scoring Goals.

KOP_007 said:
I've had every Winning Elven game (except for 9) and Pes game since the Master League was introduced and I've yet to play the master league.

I'm still in love with just enjoying the football...as Michael Owen said, I go to sleep dreaming of Scoring Goals.

i 100% agree mate, i do enjoy the master league but still could play just a exibition match for the gameplay alone. I only really remember my amiga with sensible world of soccer for the management side of things working well with a great playing soccer game.

KOP_007 said:

Completely agree. I can't wait. i usually play WE9 in my living room and fall asleep on the couch mid way through a match LO. Now that's all fixed. I'll bring my WE9 to bed with me.... ohhh the love:)

proir to all this talk of pes5 coming out early and hmv getting 10,000 copies, i dont no whether this is true or not but i do know that i should be getting my hands on a copy of pes5 this afternoon.

chip said:
proir to all this talk of pes5 coming out early and hmv getting 10,000 copies, i dont no whether this is true or not but i do know that i should be getting my hands on a copy of pes5 this afternoon.

LMAO erm yeah rite and and i is white mon

I hope that it isnt necessary to upgrade your firmware, in order to play WE.
Ill have to invest in a ceramic psp with 2.0 firmware if that is the case. ,:)

gomincha said:
If you look at we9ue at play-asia, it says they dont ship to the eu?
since when?

Since they decided they did not want to go head to head in court with Sony Europe it's been a while now mate dissapointing as it is. :(

JU! said:
Since they decided they did not want to go head to head in court with Sony Europe it's been a while now mate dissapointing as it is. :(
Its not been a while now, maybe they dont think ireland is in the eu, :)

gomincha said:
Its not been a while now, maybe they dont think ireland is in the eu, :)

It was just UK they were concentrating on I believe?

..and Gomincha, look into the WAB version changer 2.5 - works a treat in allowing you to play games that require higher firmwares.

Yeah its a great bit of homebrew. I'm able to play all the games that require firmware upgrade on my 1.5 PSP.

Sweeeeeeet.

Man I cant fucking wait for this game... argh!!!!

EDIT: KOP, just looked at your pics from Istanbul

Man you are soo lucky to have been at that game, best game ever IMO. :D

Last edited:
Impressions from a Japanese guy and a new video:
http://tiberiusp2n.free.fr/pes5psp.avi

I only saw it in the big sofmap. I picked it up and the game was set to Australia vs Japan. I exited out (waiiiiiiiiit....) and changed to 'the filthy scum' (Man Utd) vs Korea ( i just picked anything).

The main menu screen is identical to the PS2 version - minus the master league mode.

Loading screen is the same too (grey screen, scrolling bars at the bottom).
The graphics are truly lovely - they really are. It's not PS2 quality, but it's nice and it FEELS like WE... i'm just not sure that it feels like WE9. It also seemed a tad slower than WE9 - not sure if it was due to me usually playing on Wide and being forced to use "normal" view.

Normal modes - Normal close, mid, and distance - NO WIDE. :( Given the slowdown in normal, i assume this is to stop the PSP choking.

seemed to be.... every ball pumped forward that caused a number of players to be on screen and it started slowing down.

it's still awesome, it makes fifa look totally stupid for a start. but i think 4 9's is a bit too high. I'm sure the next version will humiliate this one. It's a very good start.

Oh, and playing on the Dpad HURTS. I switched to analogue (NOOOO I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ON ANALOGUE!!!) and that felt worse. I guess i just have to start punching sand to toughen up my fingers or something.

The referees weren't as whistle happy, but my main beef with the PS2 version is that the CPU will rough you up, but the second you do it back the ref blows instantly. With the physical side seemingly muted/toned down, i didn't give many fouls away at all.

Oh. player models are very nice. Giggs looked pretty much spot on.

The close up on the crowd when you score was a unnecessary and looked shitty. Yes, a gang of 3d poly chavs at the match eating prawn sandwiches ... that's what i wanna see whenever i score! ;)

P-dogg said:
Yeah its a great bit of homebrew. I'm able to play all the games that require firmware upgrade on my 1.5 PSP.

Sweeeeeeet.

Man I cant fucking wait for this game... argh!!!!

EDIT: KOP, just looked at your pics from Istanbul

Man you are soo lucky to have been at that game, best game ever IMO. :D

It is indeed the program we were all hoping for...

Best night of my life it was P-dogg, I actually flew out on the day of the final...with the only flight available at under £200 being one that would get into Istanbul 2 hours before kick-off. Got to Manchester Airport and the nice people at Turkish Airlines (which was absolutely excellent by the way - recommended to all), told us we would have an hour delay!

Nevertheless, we arrived in Istanbul at the Milan fan airport around 1hour 30 minutes before the game...never before have I ran as fast as I did off that plane...got Champions League visitor stamped in my passport under the sign which said 'Milan suporrters' and legged it outside to the taxis.

Not one taxi driver wanted to go due to the congestion on the roads...but one young buck stepped up and drove like Schumacher through the streets of Istanbul...with only 1 road leading up to the stadium - it was mayhem, but he weaved his way through.

The site of fans just walking up and down this mountain, intermingled with Turkish children and families holding banners and playing football was superb.

Finally we arrived at the stadium but still had to walk across what was more or less a building site...the stadium, however, was excellent. We got there 1 minute before kick off...just enought to see Maldini bang in the opener...but we all know what happened after that...

erm...sorry..it brings back so many memories....back to PES...

Snowball said:
Impressions from a Japanese guy and a new video:
http://tiberiusp2n.free.fr/pes5psp.avi

I only saw it in the big sofmap. I picked it up and the game was set to Australia vs Japan. I exited out (waiiiiiiiiit....) and changed to 'the filthy scum' (Man Utd) vs Korea ( i just picked anything).

The main menu screen is identical to the PS2 version - minus the master league mode.

Loading screen is the same too (grey screen, scrolling bars at the bottom).
The graphics are truly lovely - they really are. It's not PS2 quality, but it's nice and it FEELS like WE... i'm just not sure that it feels like WE9. It also seemed a tad slower than WE9 - not sure if it was due to me usually playing on Wide and being forced to use "normal" view.

Normal modes - Normal close, mid, and distance - NO WIDE. :( Given the slowdown in normal, i assume this is to stop the PSP choking.

seemed to be.... every ball pumped forward that caused a number of players to be on screen and it started slowing down.

it's still awesome, it makes fifa look totally stupid for a start. but i think 4 9's is a bit too high. I'm sure the next version will humiliate this one. It's a very good start.

Oh, and playing on the Dpad HURTS. I switched to analogue (NOOOO I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ON ANALOGUE!!!) and that felt worse. I guess i just have to start punching sand to toughen up my fingers or something.

The referees weren't as whistle happy, but my main beef with the PS2 version is that the CPU will rough you up, but the second you do it back the ref blows instantly. With the physical side seemingly muted/toned down, i didn't give many fouls away at all.

Oh. player models are very nice. Giggs looked pretty much spot on.

The close up on the crowd when you score was a unnecessary and looked shitty. Yes, a gang of 3d poly chavs at the match eating prawn sandwiches ... that's what i wanna see whenever i score! ;)

Good stuff Snowball. If we have slowdown, hopefully we can run it from fastloader and increase the clockspeed. Does wonders for things like Wipeout (It's still crap though in my opinion).

Why did the d-pad hurt your hands? Are you not used to the PSP pad or is it the game somehow?

Keep up the goodwork.

KOP_007 said:

Good stuff Snowball. If we have slowdown, hopefully we can run it from fastloader and increase the clockspeed. Does wonders for things like Wipeout (It's still crap though in my opinion).

QUOTE]

HOW DO YOU DO THIS?

alexperez said:
KOP_007 said:

QUOTE]

HOW DO YOU DO THIS?

Download fastloader 0.7 and install it on your PSP.

Insert the UMD you want to play.

Run fastloader.

Press select to cycle through the 3 available clock speeds. Choose one, fastest or medium.

Selct run UMD from the menu.

Viola, have a game with improved framerate. (remember, all PSP games at the moment are underclocked, so you are technically not overclocking your PSP).

KOP_007 said:
It was just UK they were concentrating on I believe?

..and Gomincha, look into the WAB version changer 2.5 - works a treat in allowing you to play games that require higher firmwares.
Thanks for the tip kop, by the way, how big a memorystick do u need for the fastloader? is 512 big enough?

Fastloader is very small, will fit on a 32mb stick easy.

Just a word or warning for those who don't know about the above programs I mentioned - you need a PSP with firmware version 1.50 or less for these to work.

Back
Top Bottom