PS3 v 360

I'm with coopz on this. it takes me little time to get an hd video, much faster than going into town, then 1 minute to connect the DVI/VGA cable to my HDTV - done.

Horrible fruitless argument that nobody wins - its all about personal preference now.

After having owned both (and a 360 more than once!) the reason I settled on the PS3 was:-

1) Quieter
2) Looks more stylish (hey, I'm shallow) on display.
3) Always like Sony's consoles/pads etc
4) Prefer PS3 exclusives like GT, Singstar, MLB, Everbody's Golf, MGS.
5) Upcoming PS3 exclusives really excite me - looking at the upcoming 360 list - looks a bit bleak!
6) Home (was the main reason I finally got a PS3 - shame the 2 year delay!)
7) Online is free (and now completely comparable with Live without a doubt)
8) And one final big shallow one - I'll admit, I enjoyed getting one reasonably early and paying a lot for it. It felt a nice reward for the hours I put in at work.

The 360 is just as good technically and the games are very good - but in the end, its pointless having both in my opinion unless you love exclusives from both sides. Ports are now pretty close, if not identical and anything said to the contrary is nit-picking in the extreme. I play games for enjoyment, not to argue whether its displayed in 576i or 576p (LOLZ!!!! OMG!!!!!).

So Coopz, I doubt you had any intention at all in getting a PS3 (unlike JB who PM'd me for advice before getting his) and indeed you were just making a point to get a rise from JM.

Lots of plus points for both machines, so if you are happy with your lot then stick with it. Dags seems happy with his switch, as am I and I'm sure the PS3 will go from strength-to-strength and become the console of choice.

But on Rad's point, Evo-Web is very 360-centric and there doesnt seem to be a general acceptance of the PS3 (yet!).

I've had a PS3 twice and a 360 twice, really can't see me going back to the 360.

I have not turned on my 360 since it came back from repaire a few months ago :O well i did for about 30mins just to test to see if they fixed it properly. i think maybe having two consoles is not feasible but if there ever was a game or two that are only for the 360 that i love, i would get it. right now,forza 3 is the only game im looking forward to on the 360.

I have not turned on my 360 since it came back from repaire a few months ago :O well i did for about 30mins just to test to see if they fixed it properly. i think maybe having two consoles is not feasible but if there ever was a game or two that are only for the 360 that i love, i would get it. right now,forza 3 is the only game im looking forward to on the 360.

Which brings us back to storage - is the rumour of Forza 3 coming on 2 DVDs still true? *eugh*

Which brings us back to storage - is the rumour of Forza 3 coming on 2 DVDs still true? *eugh*
i much rather have a game in a single disk then multiple disks. that's another advantage of bluray on the ps3 over the 360. a game like forza 3 wont have to worrie if they can fit the game in it or not :lmao:

It's not like you're gonna be swapping disks every 5 minutes :LOL:. Still a pain though, you're both right.

i much rather have a game in a single disk then multiple disks. that's another advantage of bluray on the ps3 over the 360. a game like forza 3 wont have to worrie if they can fit the game in it or not :lmao:

I know! Its a bit 'dark ages' isnt it - if it does happen, surely signals the next death knoll for the 360?

It's not like you're gonna be swapping disks every 5 minutes :LOL:. Still a pain though, you're both right.

Still not really acceptable in this day and age - wouldnt be so bad if you could install the data on the HD (like PS3) from one of the DVDs.

Might not happen if Microsoft make a Blu ray add on and start making games on Blu ray.

VERY unlikely to happen that 360 games will come out on Blu-Ray. Publishers won't want to create games that are only on Blu-Ray as it will severely limit the amount of sales the game will make.

I'd doubt we'd see it in the 360's lifespan anyway, it'll be a LONG time before Blu-Ray is so common that people have converted from DVD, before all 360 owners have the Blu-Ray addon and can therefore play the Blu-Ray games.

Do you reckon Rad? i dunno if that was the case then the PS3 exclusives would really be miles ahead of the 360 ones but there not there pretty much on the same level in graphics and AI terms.

So Coopz, I doubt you had any intention at all in getting a PS3 (unlike JB who PM'd me for advice before getting his) and indeed you were just making a point to get a rise from JM.

Lots of plus points for both machines, so if you are happy with your lot then stick with it. Dags seems happy with his switch, as am I and I'm sure the PS3 will go from strength-to-strength and become the console of choice.

But on Rad's point, Evo-Web is very 360-centric and there doesnt seem to be a general acceptance of the PS3 (yet!).

Why would i post something to get a rise out of anyone?

Jonney is always going on about how good the PS3 is compared to the 360 and i said give me some good reasons to get one thats all!!!

Im sure Jonney understood that. Loads of you are talking all of this the wrong way

You cant have a decent discussion here about the 360 and PS3 because people jump down your neck and get all defensive. Me and Jonney were having a good discussion about it and its been blown out of proportion now

Do you reckon Rad? i dunno if that was the case then the PS3 exclusives would really be miles ahead of the 360 ones but there not there pretty much on the same level in graphics and AI terms.

I think if BR was the standard we'd see more games that push the hardware. I can't name every PS3 exclusive but off the top of my head the ones that used BR well would be MGS4, Heavenly Sword, Resistance FOM.

Something like HAZE could have been so much better and had more to it but they were constantly trying to fit it onto the dvd/360 and I think that caused them to cock that game right up.

At the moment we're still getting 1st stage PS3 games with probably MGS4 being the first to step into stage 2. It's like how the first ps1 games and ps2 games are always shit when you compare them to games that came later on in its life. The first PS2 games were on CD as well (which was the format coming from PS1/Saturn) and it was only after we started getting DVD games that they really sent us into the next gen.

Think how better games were on the xbox and PS2 using dvd compared to the same generation gamecube.

The problem we have though is most games now are multi platform and so there's just no way someone like EA would spend X amount of time and money making the Blue Ray version of FIFA09 really take advantage of the disc while making the same game for the 360 which they could easily port over and make the same money. And if someone and huge as EA wouldn't then there no chance anyone else would... ubisoft maybe?

Last edited:
FIFA 09 on Blu-Ray :SHOCK:

They'd be able to put faces in for every player, ACCURATE kits, crowd chants for every team ... it'd be bloody amazing!

And me, but then it is a Youtube video, hardly the best quality anyway.

im sure there's a hd version on gametrailers - although the version ive posted wont be on there site anymore

The release of Warhawk version 1.5 is not only bringing with it a slew of Trophies, game modes and online options, it may be bringing an entirely new vehicle type — jetpacks!

A posted list of alleged 57 attainable Trophies in the PlayStation 3 version of Warhawk features three jetpack specific achievements — Aerial Ballet, Are You Aim-Botting? and That Was Some Bug. Jobe may have been hinting at the inclusion of the new ride on a post about the Warhawk 1.4 update on the official PlayStation Blog last month.

Consider it rumor for now (*cough* GameFAQs *cough*), until we get some confirmation from SCEA and/or Incognito.

UPDATE: We did hear back from SCEA, who say the list of Warhawk Trophies at GameFAQs is indeed accurate. Jetpacks ahoy!

I think if BR was the standard we'd see more games that push the hardware. I can't name every PS3 exclusive but off the top of my head the ones that used BR well would be MGS4, Heavenly Sword, Resistance FOM.

Something like HAZE could have been so much better and had more to it but they were constantly trying to fit it onto the dvd/360 and I think that caused them to cock that game right up.

At the moment we're still getting 1st stage PS3 games with probably MGS4 being the first to step into stage 2. It's like how the first ps1 games and ps2 games are always shit when you compare them to games that came later on in its life. The first PS2 games were on CD as well (which was the format coming from PS1/Saturn) and it was only after we started getting DVD games that they really sent us into the next gen.

Think how better games were on the xbox and PS2 using dvd compared to the same generation gamecube.

The problem we have though is most games now are multi platform and so there's just no way someone like EA would spend X amount of time and money making the Blue Ray version of FIFA09 really take advantage of the disc while making the same game for the 360 which they could easily port over and make the same money. And if someone and huge as EA wouldn't then there no chance anyone else would... ubisoft maybe?

I am sorry but Haze was a poorly developed game. Being on Blu-ray wouldnt of made it any better. Thats a just a poor excuse man.. Your argument comparing XBOX/PS2 against the GC is not correct at all. Which PS2 game looked better than Resident Evil 4 on the GC? The Gamecube didnt have the amount of great games as PS2 as it did not have the same quality of 3rd party support. Was nothing to do with the GC not using the DVD format.

Dags your right about not seeing a Blu-Ray drive on the 360. Why would Microsoft bother. Blu-ray sales suck, even with the death of HD-DVD, sales have not seen a major jump. DVD is gonna be around for years!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom