PS3 v 360

:LOL: great thread this. I dont see why you lot our convincing him to get a PS3? in some way HE is right, there both the same?! the only reason you should IMO get a PS3 is if you dont have a 360 cause its more reliable there a also IMO better games for the PS3 which there wont be on 360 , Tekken, MGS, Gran Turismo, Which ive always liked but ones mans treasure is another mans trash and vice versa he probably likes the 360 exclusives more.

Working as a team with your mates is great yeah

Watching a film and walking a virtual world aint ;))

That's what I mean by dodging the point to make your own point.

=

I'm not trying to persuade anyone to buy a PS3 YoungGun_UK - though coopz did say 'tell me 5 reason why i should get a PS3 and ill sell my 360 tomorrow and get one' which is where this thread came up from. The reason I posted was because some of the comments against the PS3's features I felt were matters of opinion and also that some of the points Jonny made were valid enough to comment on myself. Otherwise we'd have just had Jonny say the ps3 is good for this and we'd have been left with posts stating the opposite.

We had 'PS3 has a browser? we already have a pc so that's useless' --- and i stated that i've found it anything but useless. I should have also added that I use it when the misses is on this pc and i can still check the net through the ps3. But that was completely ignored as I actually had a point.
-

It would be so much better if whenever those questions about 'ps3 or 360 version' came up the replies were ONLY about 'buy the one your friends have' and any game features one version might have over another (eg unreal tournament 3 - PS3 has the user created content yet the 360 comes with the official DLC already on the disc and it has split screen 2 player!) - More posts with facts rather than opinions and rumours.

Whenever a post like that does come up though you get the same group saying '360 version is better' and the same reasons as usual 'live is better (with nothing factual to support that opinion and is usually by those who have not played both consoles online & the other is achievements'.

It goes something like this...
XXX: Which console should i buy fifa 09 on?

Y: 360 as that's what everyone here will have it on

H: 360 as no one of importance has a PS3 anyway

P: 360... achievements!

L: Live is superior

C: I'm buying the PS3 version

T: i'm getting in the 360... hope to see some fellow evowebber online!

R: 360 for me... more of us have 360's here as well

XXX: The PS3 has trophies though doesn't it?

Y: yeah but they're shit - 360>PS3

-

Just makes the place look like 360fanboy-web and childish

Last edited:
So i was right as it says in the link you posted, the only difference is the capacity and the quality is the same so why do i need Blueray?

£300 to play games early, somehow that don't grab me as a good deal

And what's ignore my points like everything else meant to mean?

I don't need to go anywhere to get my movies and there is no messing about involved, you just point WMP to the folder of the files and thats it

So if anything streaming is easier because i just switched the console on and browse though the 360 and pick a film
not the same and not easier. you still have to download or rip your beloved HD movie into WMA because as far as i know you cant download LEGIT WMA movies from say umm a itunes equivalent online store. buy a dvd/blu ray is easier and alot of CASUAL people would prefer to purchase a blu ray and slot it into the ps3 and bam your playing the movie within seconds. :applaud: its a lost cause arguing over ps3's ability to play bluray because no matter how you look at it, its simplier and one of the most talked about feature that the ps3 has over the 360. why do you think MS are considering to bring out a add on blu ray? lol.

coopz i bet if Home was on the 360 now you would use it to interact with your best mate JB, Tim etc :LOL: moto is, we cant bash somthing or say we dont need something when we have not tried it or anything similar to it. Home is innovating. its XBOX LIVE in 3D and more..

Last edited:
Jesus Christ you lot are far too defensive about the PS3

all i said is give me 5 reasons why i should get rid of my 360

Rads going on like i hate it or something with his "dodging the point to make your own point" when all i am doin is making a point as to why i dont need a PS3 when i have a 360 which i have said a million times now

not the same and not easier. you still have to download or rip your beloved HD movie into WMA because as far as i know you cant download LEGIT WMA movies from say umm a itunes equivalent online store. buy a dvd/blu ray is easier and alot of CASUAL people would prefer to purchase a blu ray and slot it into the ps3 and bam your playing the movie within seconds. :applaud: its a lost cause arguing over ps3's ability to play bluray because no matter how you look at it, its simplier and one of the most talked about feature that the ps3 has over the 360. why do you think MS are considering to bring out a add on blu ray? lol.

coopz i bet if Home was on the 360 now you would use it to interact with your best mate JB, Tim etc :LOL: moto is, we cant bash somthing or say we dont need something when we have not tried it or anything similar to it. Home is innovating. its XBOX LIVE in 3D and more..

Yes it is easier a lot easier and i dont give a shit if MS are bringing out a Bluray addon i dont need one!!!!

I didnt say Home wasnt innovating i said its useless to me and i can assure if i had a PS3 or the 360 had it i wouldnt use it, i bet you dont even use it to :LOL:

But if you like to interact with cartoon people fair play to ya

:LOL: great thread this. I dont see why you lot our convincing him to get a PS3? in some way HE is right, there both the same?! the only reason you should IMO get a PS3 is if you dont have a 360 cause its more reliable there a also IMO better games for the PS3 which there wont be on 360 , Tekken, MGS, Gran Turismo, Which ive always liked but ones mans treasure is another mans trash and vice versa he probably likes the 360 exclusives more.

At least someone sees the point in all this

I have nothing against either console if the PS3 was better and had better games i would get it but the 360 does the stuff i want it to do and the stuff i do is the same as what the PS3 does

Jesus Christ you lot are far too defensive about the PS3

It's not being defensive. If I said the 360 had crap games and you posted 20 great games I couldn't say you were being defensive of the 360's library. Listing features of a console and then having to explain them isn't being defensive... especially when your being asked for reasons.

all i said is give me 5 reasons why i should get rid of my 360

And he (jonny) did, and he gave valid reasons... but it seems your mind was already made up and you had no intention of buying a PS3. Not that it matters, but what does is if the 360 already fulfilled your needs then was the point of asking that just to troll and get a rise out of Jonny?

Rads going on like i hate it or something with his "dodging the point to make your own point" when all i am doin is making a point as to why i dont need a PS3 when i have a 360 which i have said a million times now

Well it could be said that your posts with little comments like

'I dont need virtual friends' in response to home along with the go pretend bowling line which you then dodged my reply about pretend football and pretend war. and you dodged around my point to make your own

"it just pointless letting you watch films together when your not in the same place"

I never said to watch films. If your watching films then you'd do it socially either at the cinema or in front of the tv. I said clips of goals or trailers or anything storred on your ps3. You could jpoin my home room online walk over to my jukebox and start listening to the mp3s i have storred on my HDD or look at the tv's i have set up and watch the Fifa 09 goal compilation video i made.

'Which aint as good as live so i would rather pay' to Free online play - which is an opinion based from playing one format online.

'Most of them "exclusive" games you have mentioned are shit and i have no desire to play' to the exclusive games 'Resistance, Uncharted, MGS4 - all high scoring games and the unreleased Socom, Killzone 2 and GT5' Quite how you know that unreleased games are shit is beyond me.

Watching a film and walking a virtual world aint ignoring everything else i mentioned about home. You could say walking a virtual world in gta is shite or walking a virtual battlefield on COD4 or playing on a virtual football field in fifa 09.

But if you like to interact with cartoon people fair play to ya

Little digs and choice words like 'pretend bowling, cartoon people' is different to making a point about you don't really care about home or the ps3 exclusive games.

Gotta say I agree with Radiation more than Coopz on this one. By far.

Because you own a PS3 by any chance? :)

It's all subjective, I have both and to be honest I am playing on the PS3 more often than the 360 now. But I'm on holiday at the minute and the console I took with me was the 360. That is my personal preference, everybody will have a personal preference. This time last year I would have said "I want Gears 2 more than Killzone 2", now after seeing the latest vids I'm thinking Gears 2 looks like more of the same and Killzone 2 looks a bit more interesting. The exclusives is what it boils down to if you're a gamer - or Blu Ray if you want games movies and everything else. It's a pointless debate but I'm glad to see it's all going on in this thread rather than all over Evo-Web (for the time being). :)

I agree with Coopz. If you have a 360 already, there is no need for a PS3. Simple as that.:TU:

The 360 has a better games catalogue ( and that's what I buy a console for - to play games), plus the majority of games are multi-format and are almost identical on both systems anyway, so unless Blu-ray is a deal-clincher stick with the 360. I'd rather have a stand-alone Blu-ray player anyway seeing as they are rapidly falling in price, besides it's a technology that I'm not that fussed about at the moment.

Because you own a PS3 by any chance? :)

It's all subjective, I have both and to be honest I am playing on the PS3 more often than the 360 now. But I'm on holiday at the minute and the console I took with me was the 360. That is my personal preference, everybody will have a personal preference. This time last year I would have said "I want Gears 2 more than Killzone 2", now after seeing the latest vids I'm thinking Gears 2 looks like more of the same and Killzone 2 looks a bit more interesting. The exclusives is what it boils down to if you're a gamer - or Blu Ray if you want games movies and everything else. It's a pointless debate but I'm glad to see it's all going on in this thread rather than all over Evo-Web (for the time being). :)
seems like your enjoying your ps3 more then JB and im gald you have finaly calmed down abit in the process too :-pp i dont like arguments in a forum lad and we and others here need to stay this way. this debate is interesting and of course you know who's side im on and even if i was neutral viewer to the subject i would probably agree alot with rad because he comes with his points better with actual facts and substance while coopz points are mainly based on opinions. Yes its a subjective topic but if your going to defend your product you like, defend it with actual known facts or else no matter what, you will lose the debate.

it goes the same with any topic ie petrol prices. if you cant backup facts on why us car users are getting screwed over with petrol prices your going to lose the argument easily. nowadays the more facts you have, the more likely you will win an argument :TU:

I agree with Coopz. If you have a 360 already, there is no need for a PS3. Simple as that.:TU:

The 360 has a better games catalogue ( and that's what I buy a console for - to play games), plus the majority of games are multi-format and are almost identical on both systems anyway, so unless Blu-ray is a deal-clincher stick with the 360. I'd rather have a stand-alone Blu-ray player anyway seeing as they are rapidly falling in price, besides it's a technology that I'm not that fussed about at the moment.
stand-alone bluray players are rubbish and you know why? as far as i know there still overpriced and most if not all are unable to have the ability to upgrade there bluray fw resulting you missing out on buying the latest bluray movie that needs the new fw..

edit: its not firmware im talking about, its this thing called profiles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Player_profiles the ps3 is the only device that handles every profile .

The quality of hardware in both consoles is minimal in terms of graphics, processing etc. (will come to blu-ray later) so it boils down to two things really:

What console do most of your mates who play online have? This is 360 for me.
What console has your favourite exclusives? This isn't something that bothers me at all, I can't think of one 360 or PS3 exclusive that I would enjoy for long, most exclusive games are either arcadey games or shooters, two types of game I am not a big fan of - I enjoy the multi-platform games more anyway.

Blu-ray is a good thing, it's good that it is now possible to have such storage space on a disc, but from what I have seen so far from the PS3 exclusive games, they do not take advantage of it. If there were PS3 exclusive games made (types that interest me, not another shooter/arcade game...) that use the full capacity available on a blu-ray disc for making everything extremely detailed and realistic, then I would trade in my 360 for a PS3 no doubt, but this isn't happening. Although DVDs may still be big enough for this generation - look at how big and detailed Liberty City is in GTA IV and how Far Cry 2 supposedly has 50 square km of detailed land, both still able to fit on a 360's DVD disc.

The PS3 is more reliable (although new 360s don't have the RROD apparently), is much quieter (almost silent) and has a few more minor things that the 360 doesn't, but when they both have mostly the same games and none of the exclusives interest me, there is no need to switch over yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
tbh GTA4 is has very bad AA in it. next to nothing realy and you get alot of pop ups etc from a distance in that game which shows BOTh consoles unable to handle the game properly. i can bet you that if they made a pc version of it made for pc's and not a direct port, it will be far superior.

MGS4 is one game that uses almost all of the bluray disk in it. high res textures at 1080p natively, no stuttering, solid framerates and of course over 2+hours of cutscenes full of dialoge at 7.1sourround sound.

i agree that most of my friends play 360 online but that doesnt stop me from having fun with other people online that are strangers to me. i've done it before with pc gaming online and had SHIT loads of funs with random people in classic games such has counter strike source and battlefield 2 and those where teh times where most of my mates had ps2's etc.

playing with mates is slightly more fun i agree but i can still have a good damm time playing online with strangers or registering in a specific game forum liek this and playing with you lot online.

Not every single online game you play with strangers is full of noobs and kids, most online games i play especially bf bc with strangers, i enjoy alot and hardly ever hear any kids/noobs ruining the game experience for me. as long as the gameplay online is great and there is minimal lag, i will play it regardless of weather my mate has the game or not. Playing with mates is always difficult to arrange too if you work and have a wife and kids like me. its not easy to arrange a specific time to play my mates anyway and they too are often busy with work and life whenever im available to play them. so it pretty useless to get a console or game just because your mates have it.

me and my mates have fifa08 on the 360 yet since the day it came out i have only got the chance to play with them 4 times.

Last edited:
Some random people are alright, but I find that most nowadays are complete arseholes, so I try to stick to playing mates or people who I know play fair :). Most of these are in unranked matches so that is all I play on FIFA 08 and Top Spin 3 :).

Talking about watching HD movies, there are other ways of streaming Bluray/HD movies/tvshows/videos from my Macbook Pro to my HDTV without the PS3.

pc's > ps3/360 in everything IMO :) but this discussion is about the ps3 and 360 :)
Not for sports games, the PC has shit football games, tennis games etc while the consoles have far superior ones. Consoles also have games like MGS and GTA, so PCs < Consoles for me as sports games are my faves, especially football and GTA is also one of my favourite games :).

All PCs have for me is improved graphics, not something which i'm bothered about really. The PC exclusives are usually strategy games, RPGs or shooters, three which I don't find very fun for the most part (some shooters are good, i.e Rainbow Six Vegas 2).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not for sports games, the PC has shit football games, tennis games etc while the consoles have far superior ones. Consoles also have games like MGS and GTA, so PCs < Consoles for me as sports games are my faves, especially football and GTA is also one of my favourite games :).

All PCs have for me is improved graphics, not something which i'm bothered about really. The PC exclusives are usually strategy games, RPGs or shooters, three which I don't find very fun for the most part (some shooters are good, i.e Rainbow Six Vegas 2).
dont turn this into a console vs pc now lol. guess where GTA originated from :LOL:

But he didn't want to watch his HD movies on his pc. He wants to watch them on his tv and his point against the PS3 was that it's easier to turn the 360 and pc on and stream them rather than turn the ps3 on and load the file/disc.

Along with that was the 'I don't need the feature of being allowed to upgrade the PS3's HDD as i only use the 360's for games/game saves and I use the pc's HDD to store my movies and then stream them across.

The point is - you could just store the movies on your PS3 HDD and view them from that and with the ability to upgrade and swap HDDs you can load as many films as possible onto one huge HDD and never need to stream or delete stuff to make room again. Plus you can take your PS3 to a mates house or anywhere you can think of and keep all those films with you.

yea i cant understand how turning his 360 AND pc on(wait a minute or two for his OS to load up fully, download or encode his HD movie of his choice into the pc and set it up with his media stream player if he hasnt already:SS) is more convenient and QUICKER then going to HMV to buy a bluray movie and insert and play it on his ps3 lol!!

and then we have Rob92 and Mil using a pc has an argument over the ps3 LOL!! come on read the title 360 vs ps3 :LOL:.

o and more thing, coopz sees it this way, 360 WITH a pc > a single PS3 over playing HD movies :LOL: (note the keyword WITH):applaud:

You lot are just missing the point and ill repeat again what i have said so many times already in this thread

I dont think the 360 is better or worse than the PS3 and vice versa. I just asked Jonney for 5 points why i should get a PS3 and my responses to his points were as to why i dont need a PS3 over a 360

how hard it that to grasp?

yea i cant understand how turning his 360 AND pc on(wait a minute or two for his OS to load up fully, download or encode his HD movie of his choice into the pc and set it up with his media stream player if he hasnt already:SS) is more convenient and QUICKER then going to HMV to buy a bluray movie and insert and play it on his ps3 lol!!

o and more thing, coopz sees it this way, 360 WITH a pc > a single PS3 over playing HD movies :LOL: (note the keyword WITH):applaud:

The way i do it is quicker then walking to a town put it that way and i didnt say anywhere about a 360 and PC being better than a Ps3 with a blueray disk

but if you wanna put words into my mouth thats fine

Can't understand the argument really get which ever you want, as far as the games go there is not much to choose from, a good port on either console can look great just like a bad port on either looks poor.
The only thing putting me off the 360 given the cheap price, is the RROD problems and not wanting to pay to play online, I was given a PS3 so can't really comment there..

The way i do it is quicker then walking to a town put it that way and i didnt say anywhere about a 360 and PC being better than a Ps3 with a blueray disk

but if you wanna put words into my mouth thats fine

the way you do it requires a pc though. :LOL: your download speed must be fast. downloading a bluray movie in less then an hour? wow thats amazing coopz what ISP are you with?

do you live in the middle of nowhere? is the nearest hmv/zavvi over an hour away? ;))

Back
Top Bottom