PS3 v 360

Re: Battlefield : Bad Company

haha quality. get a ps3 mate u wont regret it ;) nice little kit to have. my aim is to try and persuade everyone here to get ps3 so that we can all play fifa 09 together and hang out and create our own evo web or shall i say fifa-web room in ps3's Home

Nice one - To be honest I would get a PS3 if I had the extra money. But I would have both I wouldn't get rid of the 360.

But carry on with your crusade Jonney :DD

hehe yea you should keep both if ever you decide to get a ps3. best of both worlds innit and if one fails then you have teh other to play has a backup.

haha quality. get a ps3 mate u wont regret it ;) nice little kit to have. my aim is to try and persuade everyone here to get ps3 so that we can all play fifa 09 together and hang out and create our own evo web or shall i say fifa-web room in ps3's Home

OK i have a challenge for you

tell me 5 reason why i should get a PS3 and ill sell my 360 tomorrow and get one

1. Home
2.Blu ray movies
3. Free online play.
4. web browser
5.can use almost any third party usb controler ie the legendary G25 logitech wheel with full clutch pedals and H gear stick. Also can use almost any bluetooth headset and dont need to pay £25+ for an official one like the 360.
6.quieter and more reliable then the 360
7. can do more then half the things the 360's LIVE feature can do for free.
8. IMO better exclusive titles on it such has resistance fall of man,ferrari challenge,mgs4 and uncharted. Many to follow suit including SOCOM(32 player third person online shooter), killzone 2 and GT5.
9.upgradable hdd's to suit your taste and doesnt void the warranty and doesnt take a rocket science to install a new one.
10. WIFI built in and no need to buy a wifi adaptor.

asking for 5 reasons wasnt a challenge. should of asked for more reasons

Home is The Sims for blokes, you can download HD films on the 360 so Blu Ray isn't essential, we all have PCs so why the hell do we need a web browser, your casual gamer isn't going to have loads of third-party controllers they're desperate to use, "it's quieter" is hardly a good reason to buy a console, "can do more than half the things Live can do for free" you already covered when you said "free online play" (you might as well have another ten points saying "you can have a friends list for free, you can message people for free, you can fart while you're playing online for fucking free"), and "IMO better exclusive titles" is exactly what you said at the start, your opinion. But free online play, the ability to use your own HD and the built-in Wifi (if you don't have your PS3 next to your router for whatever reason) are good points, I'll give you that.

You're a fool trying to convert everyone Jonney, if you keep it up outside of this thread you will get banned for trolling and taking every thread off-topic.

Last edited:
In a vain attempt to stop this happening in virtually every thread on this forum, I've created a seperate thread for this and moved the appropriate posts here. It is completely stupid IMO, everyone has their own opinion, everyone likes different kinds of games, it is utterly futile trying to force everyone to agree which is better. Both consoles do things better than the other and it's ridiculous. But, so many threads are being dragged down by it, so if you want to debate this crap here is the place.

If the PS3 v 360 debate breaks out in any other threads, I will not hesitate to warn you or ban you, whatever I think it warrants.

Last edited:

Home is The Sims for blokes, you can download HD films on the 360 so Blu Ray isn't essential, we all have PCs so why the hell do we need a web browser, your casual gamer isn't going to have loads of third-party controllers they're desperate to use, "it's quieter" is hardly a good reason to buy a console, "can do more than half the things Live can do for free" you already covered when you said "free online play" (you might as well have another ten points saying "you can have a friends list for free, you can message people for free, you can fart while you're playing online for fucking free"), and "IMO better exclusive titles" is exactly what you said at the start, your opinion. But free online play, the ability to use your own HD and the built-in Wifi (if you don't have your PS3 next to your router for whatever reason) are good points, I'll give you that.

You're a fool trying to convert everyone Jonney, if you keep it up outside of this thread you will get banned for trolling and taking every thread off-topic.

Enjoying your holiday?

we all have PCs so why the hell do we need a web browser,

We don't NEED a web browser but it's a nice extra and its also quicker to boot the PS3 up and check a site than loading up a PC to do the same. Though this new pc of mine still loads up super fast - its still quicker for me to turn the ps3 on to check something online as its always plugged in (though I do turn it off on the back of the machine)

A few other times I've wanted to say check a FAQ on a game or check out a youtube walk through or view some DLC before buying and the browser is fantastic for that. Booting up the browser to view the new rockband DLC has saved me a few $'s on crappy tracks and also encouraged me to grab some tracks i wouldn't have bought originally.

I was in the PS Store a few days ago and noticed they've started adding videos to some of the games you can but showing you a quick preview of what the game is all about. I looked at Pixeljunk Monsters and thought it looked cool, checked a review on ign using the browser and viewed a few vids on youtube and bought it a few minutes later.

Awesome game!
-

quieter and more reliable then the 360
Quieter is good because i don't have to have that loud whiirrrr going while im playing a game as it loads the next bunch of bad guys im about to bump into ruining the surprise. Oblivion was a bugger for that as id be running around and then id hear the fan kick in and the 360 would kick on and then id see a bad guy coming at me.

your casual gamer isn't going to have loads of third-party controllers they're desperate to use

But you CAN use them if you want to which is his point. He also said you can use third party whatevers, keyboards mouse headphones and mics.

"can do more than half the things Live can do for free" you already covered when you said "free online play" (you might as well have another ten points saying "you can have a friends list for free, you can message people for free... [etc]

Free online play isn't the same as trophies or HOME. And achievements has always been the main reason I've seen people pick a 360 over a PS3 multiplat

--

I'd like to add, sixaxis motion control

Unreal Tournament 3 - mouse and keyboard support which is nice (and gave you the ability to play in joypad ONLY games so you dont get owned by some K/M guy ---

and it had user created content.

More of this please devs!!!

Last edited:

I dont need virtual friends

2.Blu ray movies

I can stream HD clips through the 360

3. Free online play.

Which aint as good as live so i would rather pay

4. web browser

I have a PC

5.can use almost any third party usb controler ie the legendary G25 logitech wheel with full clutch pedals and H gear stick. Also can use almost any bluetooth headset and dont need to pay £25+ for an official one like the 360.

The 360 comes with a headset and the pad is the best pad ever made. So why would i need 3rd party stuff

6.quieter and more reliable then the 360

I don't think mines loud anyway but the PS3 is defiantly more reliable

7. can do more then half the things the 360's LIVE feature can do for free.

Half aint all, thats why i pay for it

8. IMO better exclusive titles on it such has resistance fall of man,ferrari challenge,mgs4 and uncharted. Many to follow suit including SOCOM(32 player third person online shooter), killzone 2 and GT5.

Most of them "exclusive" games you have mentioned are shit and i have no desire to play

9.upgradable hdd's to suit your taste and doesnt void the warranty and doesnt take a rocket science to install a new one.

I dont need to change my HDD, i have a pc for whatever i need to use a HDD for

10. WIFI built in and no need to buy a wifi adaptor.

No need for Wifi

asking for 5 reasons wasnt a challenge. should of asked for more reasons

Well it must be because there aint 1 reason there out of 10 to make me wanna buy a PS3 :))

looks like ill be hanging onto my 360 then ;))

Last edited:

bloody hell relax man what is your problem lol! had a bad day at work:LOL: coopz asked for it and i get the blame as usual because coopz and other who discussed about the ps3 are all innocent. ahh well;))

I dont need virtual friends

when the old gen machines where out, we diddnt need in game chat did we ;))

I can stream HD clips through the 360

ahh so your pc has a blu ray driver? wow those things cost alot. well done. i diddnt know your pc can play bluray and stream it to the 360. cool

never said it was has good but its getting there.

I have a PC
we all do but its a great feature to have on a console dont you think?

The 360 comes with a headset and the pad is the best pad ever made. So why would i need 3rd party stuff

headset is shit and not wireless. why would u need third part stuff? so you have the option to buy a accesory that you feel is better. i rather have choices then to be forced into have just on generic accesory

I don't think mines loud anyway but the PS3 is defiantly more reliable
gues u have never played on a ps3 then because even the quietest 360' are still a hell of a lot louder then a ps3 :)

Half aint all, thats why i pay for it

Did i say all?

Most of them "exclusive" games you have mentioned are shit and i have no desire to play
Ahh yes they are definetly shit aint they. whats shit about them? diddnt like the gameplay? heck did you even PLAY any of the games i mentioned? if you diddnt then i could say that gears of war 2 is shit :LOL:

I dont need to change my HDD, i have a pc for whatever i need to use a HDD for

Fair enough then you might as well of got the basic 360 console without a hdd or have u already got that one?

No need for Wifi
There is a need if your ps3 aint close to your router or if you want less cable running around

Well it must be because there aint 1 reason there out of 10 to make me wanna buy a PS3 :))

hehe fair enough that you dont like my reasons as to buying one. at the end of the day its your money and your life and cant force you to buy it hehe.

Buy one of these...
02_etchascetch_78507.jpg

and one of these
29NWCLASSIC_m.jpg
and a set of these
ear-muffs.jpg

Sorted...

XXX is shit because i say so

That's what passes as a valid point these days?

I'm still curious why live is better than psn? I've never seen anyone explain that point without mentioning achievements which isn't LIVE and console exclusives which again isn't anything to do with LIVE.

Paying for peer to peer gaming as opposed to free server based gaming??

Whenever i was online on the 360 games were full of teenage morons shouting nigger rape fuck you all bitches.

A weapon like Halo 2’s energy sword or Gears of War’s shotgun offer strong evidence that the user hosting a match—which translates into having no lag at all—has a terrible advantage over the other players.

You don't get this on the PS3 - yet it's shit and live is superior still?

ahh so your pc has a blu ray driver? wow those things cost alot. well done. i diddnt know your pc can play bluray and stream it to the 360. cool

No it cant stream blueray but it play HD wmvs and Blueray is HD isnt it?

so whats the difference apart from the name?

we all do but its a great feature to have on a console dont you think?

No, a console is a console and shouldn't try to be a PC as well

headset is shit and not wireless. why would u need third part stuff? so you have the option to buy a accesory that you feel is better. i rather have choices then to be forced into have just on generic accesory

I find the stuff you get with the 360 is perfect so i dont need 3rd party stuff.

Plus is i did you can buy 3rd party stuff anyway for it

Did i say all?

No you said half and i said thats why i pay for live and dont want a free half service

Ahh yes they are definetly shit aint they. whats shit about them? diddnt like the gameplay? heck did you even PLAY any of the games i mentioned? if you didn't then i could say that gears of war 2 is shit :LOL:

None of them games make me want to get a PS3, if it was Fifa or PES then maybe i would. And i didn't say they 360 exclusive were any good did i?

Fair enough then you might as well of got the basic 360 console without a hdd or have u already got that one?

I have a HDD for game saves nothing more nothing less

There is a need if your ps3 aint close to your router or if you want less cable running around

But i dont need it so is a useless feature to me

hehe fair enough that you dont like my reasons as to buying one. at the end of the day its your money and your life and cant force you to buy it hehe.

If the PS3 was better than the 360 i would buy one, but there practically the same with the same games i like so i dont need another console :))

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Coopz View Post
No it cant stream blueray but it play HD wmvs and Blueray is HD isnt it?

so whats the difference apart from the name?

not the same thing. go see if you can go to HMV, zavvi etc and buy a WMV HD movie.

EDIT.o and i much prefer to play hd mvoies straight out of my console without messing around with a pc to stream and play it.

Last edited:
yea defo. its a shame realy because coopz actualy posted some decent enough points to why he doesnt want a ps3 unlike Placeboy who sounds like a typical 360 fanboy. only fanboys responds like that. what a shame

LOL I've been gaming since the days when consoles were merely pong in 12 different shapes and sizes, to call me a fanboy of anything is both ridiculous and ignorant.

http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/19/blu-ray-vs-hd-dvd-state-of-the-s-union-s-division/

About halfway down they outline HD and Blue Ray formats and what both offer

--

Add to the pros for PS3 - region free gaming!

Or just ignore my points like everything else

So i was right as it says in the link you posted, the only difference is the capacity and the quality is the same so why do i need Blueray?

£300 to play games early, somehow that don't grab me as a good deal

And what's ignore my points like everything else meant to mean?

not the same thing. go see if you can go to HMV, zavvi etc and buy a WMV HD movie.

EDIT.o and i much prefer to play hd mvoies straight out of my console without messing around with a pc to stream and play it.

I don't need to go anywhere to get my movies and there is no messing about involved, you just point WMP to the folder of the files and thats it

So if anything streaming is easier because i just switched the console on and browse though the 360 and pick a film

So i was right as it says in the link you posted, the only difference is the capacity and the quality is the same so why do i need Blueray?

I believe you actually said "so what's the difference apart from the name?" - Apart from the name the difference is the capacity, the Movie studio support behind each format and that one of them is a dead format.

£300 to play games early, somehow that don't grab me as a good deal

The just short of same £300 that i paid for the 360 on launch that can't play games early! - People are asking what one console offer that the other doesn't and this is just one of those. Don't want to wait 6 months for the EU final Fantasy then import it, fancy that new Japanese katamari game - dont bother hoping for a EU version, just import. You want rockband almost a year before the EU release import it!

And what's ignore my points like everything else meant to mean?

This
Add to the pros for PS3 - region free gaming!
Or just ignore my points like everything else
Was just something else i thought of to add to the cool ps3 features list. not directed personally at you to say her coopz look at this, or just ignore it as usual. My bad.

What i meant by it though was someone will come here and say something like 'is the ps3 any good? i keep hearing the 360 offers more is this true?'

2 people will post something and ill make a reply adding extra points. My points will be completely ignored and the other posters will be picked apart and ultimately ended with 'thats why 360>PS3'

Jonney said home will be a good PS3 feature and you came back with 'I dont need virtual friends' - so you don't use your 360 friends list to join your friends online? you don't click on their name, pick 'join game' and find yourself a short while later enjoying online MP games?

Home is much more than a virtual friends in 3D program. You'll be able to form parties and then all join one game as a group, play until you have had enough and then return to home as a group and do something else. Then you have the arcades, bowling, pool, the cinema for movies and game trailers and your own personal space where you can share anything stored on your HDD like mp3, videos you have downloaded, images and show off your 3D trophies.

Although if you don't have friends to play online with and don't want to meet new people this way with then home will probably be useless

--

3. Free online play.

Yet you posted nothing to back up your opinion, and an opinion made without even playing on the ps3 online. :SS I think PSN is fine online and in some areas i think it's better than XBL - you have the dedicated servers (so now host lag advantages) and far less of the annoying abusive morons. Other than that it's all down to personnel experiences - some people have terrible lag on the 360 and not on the PS3 and some the other way.

No one said you NEED 3rd party stuff -you can use 3rd party stuff if you already have it. Again its about choice and options and not being restricted.
You can always do this though
http://www.gadgets-reviews.com/index.php?page=post&id=335

I have a HDD for game saves nothing more nothing less
:SS
I don't need to go anywhere to get my movies and there is no messing about involved, you just point WMP to the folder of the files and thats it

So if anything streaming is easier because i just switched the console on and browse though the 360 and pick a film

I'm lost - how is turning the pc on and the 360 and then selecting the file you want easier than turning on your console and picking any movie you have put onto your HDD?

Last edited:
Im not saying 1 is better than the other, im just saying as i have a 360 there is no good reason at all for me to get a PS3

I don't put films onto my HDD as i said i only have a HDD on the 360 for games saves and DLC

And to answer you last question what you said at the end is exactly what i do
I switch on the 360 (PC will already be on but that's not exactly a chore to switch on either) and chose a film from the 360 interface. How much easier can it get?

Jonney said home will be a good PS3 feature and you came back with 'I dont need virtual friends' - so you don't use your 360 friends list to join your friends online? you don't click on their name, pick 'join game' and find yourself a short while later enjoying online MP games?

Home is much more than a virtual friends in 3D program. You'll be able to form parties and then all join one game as a group, play until you have had enough and then return to home as a group and do something else. Then you have the arcades, bowling, pool, the cinema for movies and game trailers and your own personal space where you can share anything stored on your HDD like mp3, videos you have downloaded, images and show off your 3D trophies.

Although if you don't have friends to play online with and don't want to meet new people this way with then home will probably be useless

--

Yet you posted nothing to back up your opinion, and an opinion made without even playing on the ps3 online. :SS I think PSN is fine online and in some areas i think it's better than XBL - you have the dedicated servers (so now host lag advantages) and far less of the annoying abusive morons. Other than that it's all down to personnel experiences - some people have terrible lag on the 360 and not on the PS3 and some the other way.

On my XBL list i have people from off here and mates from around my area

I dont wanna share stuff, watch a movie and trailer together or go pretend bowling with them i just wanna play some BF or Fifa online

I have real life friends for that kinda stuff and it just pointless letting you watch films together when your not in the same place

So yeah its useless to me

I have played a PS3 on and offline as well, but as i keep saying there practically the same so i why would i want a PS3 when i have a 360 that does all i want it to

Pretend war and pretend football is ok though?

I have real life friends for that kinda stuff and it just pointless letting you watch films together when your not in the same place

I don't agree with that. I live in widnes my brother in bolton - we can watch a video together online and talk about it there and then. Or i travel across the 30 ish miles to meet up watch the same clip and then i travel back home.

Then i have a lot of friends from america france germany holland who i cant meet up with and do things.

Even if we lived a few houses away or a short drive away - the option to be able to share things online is a plus and a very cool bonus. Of course I can still meet up and watch clips together... but how many people download a trailer from gametrailers or ign or youtube and then invite friends round to view it?

You watch them yourselves at home on your own pc - and on the ps3 its giving you the chance to do the same in a social environment. You can all be talking about fifa 09 when someone says 'hey check this goal out i scored last night... and instead of copy/pasting a link to a youtube video you go into his personal home and view it and can talk about it in real time with him/her

To look at everything home is offering and then shoot it down by saying 'i dont need virtual friends' is a bit short sighted.

but as i keep saying there practically the same so i why would i want a PS3 when i have a 360 that does all i want it to

There is no point having a ps3 if it you have a 360 and all of your needs are set. But some of your circumstances are quite specific and don't lend well to a 'which is better 360 or ps3?' question. You say you don't need this or that - but that doesn't help in a process to work out which console is the better machine. What you don't need someone else will.

If you have already set your mind in gear that you have a 360 and have no other needs that are not being filled then you don't even need to ask Jonny to give you reasons to buy a ps3 other than trying to get a rise out of him.

And to answer you last question what you said at the end is exactly what i do - I switch on the 360 (PC will already be on but that's not exactly a chore to switch on either) and chose a film from the 360 interface. How much easier can it get?

Turn the ps3 on, press X. In the words of Mr Ramsay ... Done.

The point was that the time you spend putting the films onto your pc - you can do the same on your ps3 hdd and you have the 'option' of changing the HDD. So you can put as many films as you want onto the hdd and then load them whenever you want from the console directly with the ability to take the console elsewhere and keep those movies with you.

Last edited:
Working as a team with your mates is great yeah

Watching a film and walking a virtual world aint ;))

Back
Top Bottom