PS3 PATCH IS OUT!

have to say the patch really doesn't seem to help enough for me - online is still crap - played last night - midway throught the first match ball teleports half the length of the field and the opponent scores. In over 2500 online games in PES6 this never happened - not even once. In this poor excuse for a game it happens in more or less every match. Imho Konami should start from scratch even if that means skipping a year (or even 2) - as it is i won't be buying another PES game until i have seen reviews confirming online is lag free. Never thought i would say that but that is how unimpressed i am with this years offering.

How do u play it off the HD? is it just installing the game from in the PES2008 options and then playing. Also, do you select the pes2008 'cd' icon from the PS3 menu to play or is this playing it off the cd?

No

Difference

WHATSOEVER

Patience has now expired with this PS3 version. An absolute shambles. X360 it is then.

No

Difference

WHATSOEVER

Patience has now expired with this PS3 version. An absolute shambles. X360 it is then.

i don't agree that there is no difference.
i downloaded the patch yesterday and online is absolutely better.
not perfect, far from that, but it is playable at least.
there is still lag every now and then, but the game is playable.
it wasn't that untill the patch

config: ps3, latest firmware+pes-patch 1.1+lcd 1080p hdmi

there is still al lot to do for konami and it s shame that they had to make consessions about the graphics with this patch, but we are playing pes for the gameplay anyway ;)

Lets hope they dont go to sleep after releasing this patch and they are working on version 2.0 allready instead of this 1.1...

I also notice a difference! No lag anymore! I also think to notice a difference in gameplay! Can't confirm this but I think so. I will play tonight against a friend of mine and then I will know. Gameplay anyway is a lot smoother and online play is now playable.

PS3 - HDMI 1080P - LCD - 10MB Download/1MB Upload

I ENJOY THE GAME EVERY DAY! THANKS SEABASS AND KONAMI! KEEP GOING WITH THIS!

I'm playing on a 22" standard def TV (a Sony I might add!) and it's as jerky as it ever was. I play on the same TV with my Xbox 360 and PES is liquid smooth (except for replays).

That the type of TV should influence the gameplay experience to such an extent smacks of lazy programming and/or poor QA. The solution? "Buy a better, HD TV." Would love to mate, unfortunately I don't have £500 lying around this week!

:p

Well, I think it's clear that the TV factor matters, but I have a weird experience. I played PES 2008 on PS3 with a Sony 32" 100Hz Tv and also with an old (at least 10 years) Sony 28" 50/60Hz Tv. Surprisingly, with the old Tv the game plays much better than using the new Tv. I can't think why....

this patch didnt change jack shit!!
Well it did change the online mode. There is now a different kind of lag. Where players and balls teleport over the field. I already saw a couple of times in one game session where the keeper punches the ball in the field, but the refs gives a corner all of a sudden. Bullshit.
I dont want a patch that makes the game playable online, I want a patch to make the game LAGFREE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! Did Konami really test this patch online?? I hope not, because its a disgrace if they thought that this result would satisfy us pesfans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do u play it off the HD? is it just installing the game from in the PES2008 options and then playing. Also, do you select the pes2008 'cd' icon from the PS3 menu to play or is this playing it off the cd?

ok, so what's the verdict? for some online has been fixed, for others it's a load of you know what.

Which one is it? has it been fixed or not.

ugh...I'm gonna have to download this awful patch to find out.

my opinion of this game, its the best one made, i own a 42" plasma panasonic viera...and out of all the pro evos iv played this is the only one iv managed to be able to sit down and play master league for a long while, the whole game is smooth, players run realistically, and each player in this game has his own character love it, for all those that think fifa is more realistic, then they dont have any idea what football is all about...seabass u kik ass, keep up the good work

my opinion of this game, its the best one made, i own a 42" plasma panasonic viera...and out of all the pro evos iv played this is the only one iv managed to be able to sit down and play master league for a long while, the whole game is smooth, players run realistically, and each player in this game has his own character love it, for all those that think fifa is more realistic, then they dont have any idea what football is all about...seabass u kik ass, keep up the good work

Are u being sarcastic???

I can't really see any difference since downloading the patch to be honest (PS3). I am playing on a 40" Samsung LCD tv and the slowdown in-game and the jumpy replays are still there. I have not tested online yet so I can't comment on that but this seems like a rather bad patch if you ask me.

you guys are smoking something funky. the patch DEFINITELY addressed frame-rate issues in offline play.

to people saying the patch doesn't do shit, you're an idiot.

so much shite information and opinion on the internet.

the patch makes pes2008 a joy. hope they release more updates to make it totally smooth offline and online.

show some support, email konami and let them know you want them to address the issue. better than bitching about it like little girls on this forum. jesus christ.

the patch is a shit...i play online very good butt when i install the patch....LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG..fuck konami,seabass and sony

The jumpy replays in offline mode seem better now but online is still screwed. First match against my opponent who had 3 bars, there was teleporting happening all over the show.

I downloaded this, then messed about with the option files and re-installed it to my HDD.

Could this have wiped the patch?

I only ask as i can see NO difference at all!!
Even the replays are jerky.

How can i find out if its loading version 1.10??

Any help appreciated!!

Last edited:
its realy wired that so many of u have problems. i play the game with a hdmi cable on a hd-tv with a "10xx i" resolution (dont know the exact pixel rate, but it is the 1000 something rate) and it worked fine in the offline mode before and after the patch. the game itself is quite fun, i like it a lot, once u get used to the "new" gameplay style, as it is a little diffrent then the old game. i dont know about the online mode, as a i didnt want to plan a laggy game. i hope 4 u guys that it will work soon for the non hd-tvs as well

I downloaded this, then messed about with the option files and re-installed it to my HDD.

Could this have wiped the patch?

I only ask as i can see NO difference at all!!
Even the replays are jerky.

How can i find out if its loading version 1.10??

Any help appreciated!!

Mart, most likely you wiped of the patch.

However, if you go to Game Data on a gametab in XMB (Cross Media Bar), there should be a PES2008 file. Press TRIANGLE on it, and then you can select "information" which will tell you if the file version is 1.00 or 1.10.

Regards.

how can i get the patch, im 100% connected to the internet on ps3, i laod teh game i get nothing, i try to connect online and i get some messege about the client changing? how can i play this online, get the patch, there is no option when i boot the game up and when im connected to the internet, plz help

Played online today for the first time after the patch was released in hope that it had been improved as before it i just gave up playing online. I didnt see any improvment at all at one point in the game my opponent got a throw in right in the corner of his own half and it seemed to get stuck for about 2 minutes suddenly the commentater says my opponent is right through on goal and it jumps to a corner up the other end of the field for my opponent. A save by the keeper that i didnt even see. The game is so poor i was so tempted to get fifa aswell having been impressed with the demo. So much for loyalty though i think they know they have let the pes fans down big time so i cant see such a disaster in pes 09.

Are u being sarcastic???

no mate not beng sarcastic, not sure which pes 2008 ur playin but when i play on my tv, gameplay is smooth smoother now with the patch, a.i is pretty awesome, and the graphics i rekon r crazy, maybe its cause iv got a plasma runnin it through a hdmi, have to admit did play it on a normal tv to c the difference and with the grahics theres a huge difference, iv noticed on the normal tvs graphics r like playin on a ps2 with a bit off slow down, BUT throw in a plasma through hdmi, it plays like a ps3 the only slowdown i get is on replays, thats my experience and iv been playin pro evo right from the start.....kick ass seabass

you guys are smoking something funky. the patch DEFINITELY addressed frame-rate issues in offline play.

to people saying the patch doesn't do shit, you're an idiot.

so much shite information and opinion on the internet.

the patch makes pes2008 a joy. hope they release more updates to make it totally smooth offline and online.

show some support, email konami and let them know you want them to address the issue. better than bitching about it like little girls on this forum. jesus christ.

word!

The Patch does a lot more than only improve the frame rate issue. The whole gameplay is different! It's more realistic now. I'm now able to defend also against big teams like Barcelona or ManU.

I played football for several years also as professional and I enjoy this game because it is quite realistic. I play this game once in a week with friends and some of them are still football professionals. They all like PES 2008!

I would never use a Playstation 3 on a standard TV! Jesus Christ! Playstaion 2 is for standard TV! High Definition TV, Playstation 3 and PES 2008 rocks!

Online game is also fine, ok sometimes I have the same problems like other users but most I enjoy online play.

The Patch does a lot more than only improve the frame rate issue. The whole gameplay is different! It's more realistic now. I'm now able to defend also against big teams like Barcelona or ManU.

I played football for several years also as professional and I enjoy this game because it is quite realistic. I play this game once in a week with friends and some of them are still football professionals. They all like PES 2008!

I would never use a Playstation 3 on a standard TV! Jesus Christ! Playstaion 2 is for standard TV! High Definition TV, Playstation 3 and PES 2008 rocks!

Online game is also fine, ok sometimes I have the same problems like other users but most I enjoy online play.

sorry...........are you Seabass brother???:lol:

I agree the patch does change the gameplay, it feels more like PES, I cant jsut play in ronaldo down the wing and score a goal, I can defend now against the better teams by standing off and closing down space. The Ai now marks my wingers and my full backs no longer leave acres of space. It does seem faster if you use L1 all the time, I really think it is much better, not perfect but mutch better I haven't tried online yet, I'd stopped playing it online, it was unplayable far too much lag

all i can see they have down is downgrade the game. The graphics have been lowered and the stadiums have nothing in some of them just grey floor. Cannot wait for the next patch hopefully they can take it all the way back to the psx pes4 graphics. Gameplay is ok though.

Back
Top Bottom