PS2 Pro Evolution 2009 Substitution Bug

rasselbock

Non-League
1 September 2004
Anyone else has had this?

In two seperate ocassions I substituted 3 players, but after several minutes the starting line-up was intact. The substituted players were all out of stamina. Very strange.

If you had the same bug or you know anything about it, please react.

Cheers!!!

Tim

on one occasion while playing argentina vs brasil i've had substituted messi with agüero, but after a couple of minutes (after a throw in i think it was) messi came back from the bench and agüero was marked as unavaiable for substitutions.

In two seperate ocassions I substituted 3 players, but after several minutes the starting line-up was intact. The substituted players were all out of stamina. Very strange.

Cheers!!!

Tim

I heard about the same story as well
It sucks

THAT´S A SHAME FOR KONAMI... IT NEVER HAPPENED IN OTHER VERSIONS.

IT HAPPENED TO ME... ROMA X CAGLIARI....
Taddei OUT Cassetti IN, some minutes later, Taddei appered in the game

'Konami knows better...'

that's priceless...
It's unbelievable that this slipped through, isn't it
It cost me a world cup already

KONAMI owes me a f***in world cup

this has seriously pissed me off! I havent got the game as of yet but if this problem is going to be in the final version does anyone know? as it seems everyone is playing the torrent version thats going around..

whats the point in buying the game if its FUCKED

Cheers!!!

Tim
I have the game and dont experiment this bug yeat :FISH:, in other forum people say that this happing when you choose the quick changes in game but is you go to the alignment changes no bug occurs :P

Cheers!!!

Tim

Yea i noticed as well, wot i did was pause the game move the RMF(ortega) to my LMF(beanoute) position, then take off LMF (beanoute)player who now is the RMF player. But the game took off ortega instead.

Konami you dumb F$%ks:RANT:

It happened to me as well. The 'good' thing is that when you replace an injured player he won't come back to the pitch. I replaced Viduka and Chipperfield (who was injured) with Aloisi and Thwaite. Viduka returned to the game :SHOCK: while Chipperfield stayed in the bench.

One more annoying thing about this bug : The game freezes if you go the ratings of the players if the substitution bug occurred during the game. I had this freezing TWICE but I am not sure at 100 % yet.

Be cautious and save the game on a regular basis if you don't wish to lose your progress.

I have the game and dont experiment this bug yeat

It doesn't happen all the time but very often. Sometimes your players return immediately and other times they take a while.

Last edited:
One more annoying thing about this bug : The game freezes if you go the ratings of the players if the substitution bug occurred during the game. I had this freezing TWICE but I am not sure at 100 % yet.

This also happened to me. I didn't know about the bug when it happened.

Jesus H Christ WHAT is going on at Konami???

From all I've read about PES 2009 so far it mostly seems to be about what you CANT do or what is missing from what version. The series has been going steadily downhill for years. Can anyone think of ANY other game where this has been allowed to happen? Usually things IMPROVE over time but Konami keep taking things away from us!

I'm seriously sick of this company and their incompetence. I get the game on Friday this week and if it's as buggy, limited in options and just plain bad as I think it's going to be I'm giving up on footy games until some other company who maybe gives a flying fuck about producing a decent footy title comes in and gives Konami and EA the bitch slapping they so truly deserve.

It's the last chance saloon for me here. Living without a football game will be tough but why should I spend my hard earned cash on shite?

SICK OF IT.

AMEN!! to what pj putts said in his rant about KONAMI I know people always say ''oh stop moaning ect'' but he is damn right I know its small things but I played pes 05 on the ps2 yesterday and I noticed when you score in some stadiums it cuts to the crowd celebrating and the supporters are wearing the kit it looked quality

anyway where the hell did that go? the boots? the neckwarmers? the special hairstyles? the world cup qualifying? the kit mix and match option before a game? where has online has gone! .....damn!

I really wish I could see what was going on while they made the series "hmm yea what can we take out this year?" well ill tell you what Konami WHY DONT YOU JUST TAKE THE FUCKING BALL AWAY YOU BASTARDS!

Indeed, i still play PES5. As i said elsewhere, PES on PS2 should be very polished by now and full of modes and options with smooth, rewarding, bug-free gameplay. The game has essentially been tweaked on the platform for roughly eight years now. It should be close to a masterpiece by now.

Anyway, i shall reserve my judgement for 2009, when it arrives. It's in the post as i type.

Indeed, i still play PES5.

PES 5 is a master piece. The last good football game on PS2.

Now if we put a list of missing features we had in PES 5 :

- Special hairstyles.
- Editable/Licensed Boots.
- Better balls.
- Mixing parts of the home & away kits.
- A possibility to create logos with several colors but since PES 6 the logos have only one color.
- More accessories such as collars and under shirts.
- An unique slot for every team in the game (potentially all licensed kits for all the teams).
- A whole Bundesliga with all the teams and the players
- Better unlicensed kits. This year Valencia are playing with a purple short ! :CONFUSE: The laziness reached a psychotic level this year. :CURSE: They can't even get the colors right.
- Very accurate edit mode templates allowing us to have very realistic kits even if we're only using the "in game" editor...etc

I personally just want a 2008-2009(rosters, faces) PES 5 if they could just fix the very annoying referees, other than that the gameplay is perfect and certainly not matched by PES 2008 or 2009.

I'm giving up on footy games until some other company who maybe gives a flying fuck about producing a decent footy title comes in and gives Konami and EA the bitch slapping they so truly deserve.

I am getting sick of Konami as well, 2K Sports is our only hope. Their recent sport games are simply awesome. :BLINK:

They should launch a football serie.

I have a retail copy and I can confirm that the substitution bug happens occasionally. I make my subs and everything appears fine, the new players are on the pitch. Then, when I go back into formation settings later in the game, the old players have come back and the new ones are returned to the bench !?

I've only noticed it so far after I go back into formation later in the game after making the subs, so maybe just do all your subs in one shot,then dont go back in? Its possible its happening more often though and in the heat of battle I am failing to notice.

nice job konami. playabilty 10/10 everything else 0/10 as usual.

Back
Top Bottom