PS2 classic pes on psn store

I have tried it, and the speed at which players sprint around and ping pong the ball at 100mph straight to another player is the least realistic thing I've ever seen.
Just to be clear, we're talking about WE9LE here?

Sounds like an exaggeration to be sure. Ping Pong passing isn't so easy, but it's still fairly stiff and the ball is not quite as free as in the PES11/12. The whole game feels a lot more restricted than the new PES games, but it's still a bloody good game. Just not quite as realistic as some of you make it out to be. Football is 100% freedom, and the possibilities are endless, and the last PES is close than ever to this realization. Not all the way yet, but closer than WE9LE.

You have good point StarEye about "freedom", and I assume you're pointing out the 360. That's a very valid point.

However, just because something has more degrees in which you can operate, does not overcome all other shortcomings. The 360 does not make it more realistic by the fault, ironicly.

If it was WE9LE balance AND 360, then sure. I would start playing pes10, 11, 12, 13 you name it today.

WE9LE, despite not having all 360 degrees(ALTHOUGH you can use the manual passing which helps here) has the main principles of football match right, and that's the first thing I look at.

Besides, if 360 was not a big problem sometime ago, it isn't for me now. 360 is for me a bonus, not a main thing I look at.

StarEye: Can you tell me what do you think its more realistic in next gen pes than wE9Le. Come up with a good llist.

Here's my list:

Graphics
Animation
Atmosphere
Better stylish menus
Ingame Music
More teams

Thats about it for me. WE9LE puts you in the control of EVERYTHING.

I rented PES12 just for the sake of argument and played these settings:

Pass Assistance: 0
Cursor: Semi Assisted
Game speed: -2

Tried Champions League exhibition match on Live Broadcast camera, and tweaked colors in ththe game settings prior to the match and grass + everything else looks more vivid and here's what I think:

It LOOKS exactly like a REAL TV CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATCH. I was having hard time telling the difference honestly.

BUT thats about it. IT looks FUCKING real yet plays so FIFA like. It is OBVIOUS Seabass went and copied FIFA. The ball pphysics CANNOT BE meatched with WE9LE. Ball physics are just off and you knoe it mate. Gameplay speed on -2 is like real life but the whole game jjust feels fucking weird FIFA LIKE.

Then I went online and that was ICING on the cake. TOTAL PING PONG. My eyes hurt after one match. Everyone was usinf real or barca and just ping pong pass, felt like SWOS.

Online is DONE

OFFLINE is the way to go for this game but it feels like FIFA and its not a true simulation bottom line.

WE9LE puts me in the control of things. I see many people talking about WE9LE yet I guarantee they never even played the game. There is a REASON why WE9LE is going STRONG...6 yrs after.

I don't care about the graphics or animations or polished menus and stupid music. The ball pphysics in WE9LE enough are better than whole PPES12.

I even did a little test, nothing serious. Had 3 friends who never play any games and had them try thesr two games. Right off tthe bat these gguys told me WE9LE plays betyer, better ball physics, and of course realistic FLOW of the game.

Its just my opinion.

I can't really see FIFA in the new PES at all, the first demo reminded me a bit of FIFA because it was much floatier than what I was used to in PES, and more like FIFA in feel. But both Demo2 and the full version is nothing like FIFA at all - no not the new FIFA nor old FIFA. If anything, it's FIFA that's gotten closer to PES over the years and not vice versa. And why do you list things like in-game music and presentation as being more "realistic" in the new PES? That only goes to show what you see as realistic, while in reality that has little to do with that.

And ball physics has only improved since WE9LE, the new ball physics is much closer to reality than what you consider is real. Nor do I understand how you can call PES a ping-pong passing game, when in realiy, it's just one of the ways to play. It's now unrealistic to play like that, look at Barca, they do it. The new PES is great in that you can actually play the way YOU want to play, if you want to play ping-pong passes, then fine, if you play long balls, fine you can do that too. There are plenty of possibilities for you to choose your own playing style. Want to stay back and let them attack you, so you can counter attack? Sure. Full on attack down the wings all the time? No problem. You're the one deciding how to play. Just because ping-pong passing is possible doesn't mean it's not realistic. Like I said, that's often the case of modern Barca, isn't it? Passing it back and forth between players.

I sure hope your idea of realism isn't one playing style only, and that is one without ping-pong passing, because that's not realism, that's limited gameplay.

To me you just seem to not want to accept that there may be more realistic football games than WE9LE out there at all. Just because you enjoy it more, doesn't mean it's more realistic. It's not like there's anyone out to stop you from enjoying WE9LE. To me, it sounds like there will never be a game as good as WE9LE, because you have a fautly view on what realism is. There are stuff in the old PES games that could probably be considered more realistic. Balance is probably one of those things. But there are things in the new PES that makes those a more realistic games than the old ones, like physics (yeah, they behave more realistic, deal with it), the player's reactions to situations (the stiff animations that often gets in the way of fluid gameplay in the old PES is not realistic).

And I don't care how the game looks, I care how the game plays. You seem to be blinded by your love for the game, and not seeing its faults, because there are plenty, which is okay because they were limitations of the time they were released. And I'm not talking about things that doesn't affect gameplay, like music, sound, graphics, presentation and all that crap.

Ok so can we end this rant simply by saying. I think WE9LE plays a thousant times better and no matter what next gen fans say I will still stick with my opinion and I will respect others opinions as well. Is that fair enough?

Luckily I'm not the only one who thinks WE9LE is superior to next gen PES.'

Ok so can we end this rant simply by saying. I think WE9LE plays a thousant times better and no matter what next gen fans say I will still stick with my opinion and I will respect others opinions as well. Is that fair enough?

Luckily I'm not the only one who thinks WE9LE is superior to next gen PES.'

gg

You're not the only one, but you're certainly in the minority. :)

And better is not the same as more realistic, which kinda was the discussion here. Better, more fun, etc etc. I think SWOS is the best football game ever, but it's very far from being the most realistic.

But sure, you think it's better, a lot of people thinks a lot of stuff is better than other stuff. That doesn't make anything objectively right or wrong. Would be nice if I knew what you were discussing though, being a better game overall or a more realistic game overall, because those two are not really connected at all. Either way, let's just end this and conclude that people like different things.

(the end)

(or is it?)

You're not the only one, but you're certainly in the minority. :)

And better is not the same as more realistic, which kinda was the discussion here. Better, more fun, etc etc. I think SWOS is the best football game ever, but it's very far from being the most realistic.

But sure, you think it's better, a lot of people thinks a lot of stuff is better than other stuff. That doesn't make anything objectively right or wrong. Would be nice if I knew what you were discussing though, being a better game overall or a more realistic game overall, because those two are not really connected at all. Either way, let's just end this and conclude that people like different things.

(the end)

(or is it?)

Mate come to weplaywe.pl and say WE9Le is the minority.

I'm done posting and relying to ignorant Konami ass kissing fans.

I just dont understand why some guys come and post nothing to contribute like klashman and jimmy. This is about PES not about anything else. Attention seekers.

Your arrogance is astounding. You seem to sound like you're some kind of video game guru.

Mate come to weplaywe.pl and say WE9Le is the minority.

Uhm, well, I don't know how to break it but... er... a place devoted to WE9LE is kinda biased. Also, if you don't think 388 registered users is a minority, then there's something seriously wrong with your math skills.

Last edited:
:LOL: i've finished them all. But I'm adding some new ad boards in and i just wanted to make sure they where all organized so i don't have to come back and update them much :)

I'll post them now :)

thanks mate! was just joking, it´s good to have a sex life! :P

My man, let me explain to you couple of things ok ?

What I consider a realistic, life-like game is:

- when goalkeeper actually knows his role and is a godamn KEEPER. WE9LE perfected goalkeepers that behave, act, save, and play like real life keeper would. There is plenty of evidence of this and just to get you a WOW example of keeper in action here it is: YouTube - WE9LE - Realistic Goalie FK Behaviour & Physics here you go my friend. Now, SHOW ME this in PES12 please ?

Even with their "fancy patch" keepers are still broken and just act stupid, very scripted and automated. Are you happy scoring free kicks from 40 meters ? the ball goes straight through keepers hands ? this is what you call realistic

So besides keepers being piss poor in PES12 here's also couple of things that might enlighten you.

PES12 and FIFA12 do offer what they call "free passing" with power meter. But even with zero bars passing assistance the ball is STILL SCRIPTED. It doesn't matter your body positioning, your right foot, your whole body mechanics, the ball will find your player, not in WE9LE. WE9LE while it doesn't have 360 degree movement (over rated imo), and doesn't have power meter of your passes, it still offers you more realistic passing and here's how:

in real football match, players will use their body balance and the right foot to deliver the ball to their nearest or further away team mate correct ? this is what we9le is build on.

In PES12, good passers or even bad passers will deliver the ball even if they broke their foot and play paralyzed in a wheel chair.

compare shooting pes12 to we9le, its a COMPLETE joke mate and you know it. What about pk system ? Are you in the control of pks ?

and what about mighty player individuality ? in PES12 every team can play and attack like madrid, barca etc. ? this you call realistic ?

Like I described before, the reason why old school gamers still love we9le/pes5 to this day is because we don't care about flashy animations (which by the was pes12 doesn't even have haha) , we dont care about the graphics and how beloved messi and ronaldo look, what we look for is:

how to play the game like we see it on TV.

Now you play PES12 because it MIGHT look like a real match on TV, but when your in the control thats when reality check kicks in.

I read more and more on the forums, how people are starting to dislike PES12. In the beginning its fun, but after some time, true colors come out and people are not stupid.

I rather stick with roots and what works then what I pretend will work and what MUST work because we are in 2011 with powerfull next gen consoles.

If you do some research online, you will see that many Konami developers for WE/PES have left, quit or got hired by EA or simply went gone. Seabass knows this. Nobody even talks about PES anymore. Its all about FIFA why ? because Konami just cannot deliver a proper football game like they did in PS2 era.

here's how I look at it:

ISS 64 and 98 were solid fun fast paced games that smoked FIFA even back years ago.

Winning Eleven 6 J League, Winning Eleven 7, 8 Liveware Evolution, WE8/9: J-League, PES5/WE9 and WE9LE are the best titles Konami produced. Every game scored 9/9.5 even 10/10.

Back then they had developers working with Seabass, people that knew the mechanics of real football and the way it should be played which is put like this:

solid keepers
defenders that play and behave like defenders
utilize midfield game and turf war
make defenders go after the ball instead of acting like they had an 8 ball of coke (pes12)

and forwards. I just played WE9LE online and was INTER. Stankovic played EXACTLY how he does in real life. MAICON played exactly how he does in real life. You feel like your controlling a real footballer, a real human being. Then I tried PES12 and did the same test. MAICON feels like any average player except hes pumped with insane stats, Stankovic felt like he was having cardiac arrest and needed heart defibulator.

So trust me, when it comes to REALISM, WE9LE/PES5 shit all over PES12/FIFA/EA/KONAMI...their daughters, grandfathers, newphers and so on.
i have scored that exact same goal in pes12 mate... EXACT.. so your argument starts off very weak. Then you just go into fanaticism...

Back
Top Bottom