PS2 classic pes on psn store

acmilanpes

Non-League
24 August 2011
Now that developers have the ability to put classic ps2 games onto the psn store, surely we should all push for pes5 & 6 to be put on there :)) ?

we should create a petition or something along those lines !! lets get the glory days back :COOL:

I used to want this to, but then PES became better over the years and now with PES 2012 (and imo 2011 even), they're much better games. Now, I know playing old games are fun and all, but PES5 and 6 is outdated as hell these days. I try them every now and then, and while they're good arcade fun, there's a lot of stuff I miss that's in the new games (like manual passing, 360 degree control, improved master league, graphics, animation, uptodate transfers).

Wouldn't hurt to have them on PSN, but I don't think I'd buy them (especially considering I already have the PC versions which are far superior in moddability and graphics).

I used to want this to, but then PES became better over the years and now with PES 2012 (and imo 2011 even), they're much better games. Now, I know playing old games are fun and all, but PES5 and 6 is outdated as hell these days. I try them every now and then, and while they're good arcade fun, there's a lot of stuff I miss that's in the new games (like manual passing, 360 degree control, improved master league, graphics, animation, uptodate transfers).

Wouldn't hurt to have them on PSN, but I don't think I'd buy them (especially considering I already have the PC versions which are far superior in moddability and graphics).

lol, posts like these are amusing and really lame, no offense mate.

Did you hear of a game called Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution ? I can bet and guarantee that you didn't nor did you play it. It actually craps all over PES5/6 and even PES11/12 on PS3. It was released in March of 06 (6 months after PES5) and all annoying bugs were fixed. WE9LE is considered to be the best soccer game ever made of all times. Play WE9LE just one match and I GUARANTEE YOU your PS3 along with PES12 will collect dust.

WE9LE does not offer one bit of arcade its a true simulation.

You should check weplaywe.pl a community well over 400 players who play this game to this day and even better : ONLINE PLAY ?

I want to see PES11/12 be online after 6 yrs ?~!?

Go to weplaywe.pl and see what Im talking about. I made you a guarantee.

Did you hear of a game called Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution ? I can bet and guarantee that you didn't nor did you play it. It actually craps all over PES5/6 and even PES11/12 on PS3. It was released in March of 06 (6 months after PES5) and all annoying bugs were fixed. WE9LE is considered to be the best soccer game ever made of all times. Play WE9LE just one match and I GUARANTEE YOU your PS3 along with PES12 will collect dust.

WE9LE does not offer one bit of arcade its a true simulation.

You should check weplaywe.pl a community well over 400 players who play this game to this day and even better : ONLINE PLAY ?

I want to see PES11/12 be online after 6 yrs ?~!?

Go to weplaywe.pl and see what Im talking about. I made you a guarantee.

:) nhf

YouTube - Madonna - Papa Don't Preach [Official Music Video]

I'd definitely buy pes 5. I still play pes 6 from time to time on the PC. I'm in the middle of downloading WE9 to try that.

I'd definitely buy pes 5. I still play pes 6 from time to time on the PC. I'm in the middle of downloading WE9 to try that.

That's the thing. Most people have access to those games if they want to play them anyway. PLus there just has to be inevitable licensing issues.

To the WE9LE folk - is there an update for this season so that squads are updated? I wouldn't mind playing WE9LE for a bit again. I don't think it's the perfect simulation of football that some suggest it is but it's undeniably a very fun game if for nothing else than the old system of being able to customise which teams you want in each league in ML

Actually since I've liked most recent PES games (sans 2008), If I had to pick an old one to replay it would probably be PES 3.

Did you hear of a game called Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution ?...

I quite agree that WE9LE is totally awesome, but it's a PC game. Playing WE9LE on PC means a lot of fuss and bother before you even get to play, and then you have to set up all the stuff---controllers etc.---every time afterwards.

This thread is about PES on consoles, which many people prefer.

I'd like to see PES5 on the PSN. Since my 60GB PS3 dies a few years ago I've had to go to PC for old-school PES action, and like I said, it's a chore to set up each time.

I quite agree that WE9LE is totally awesome, but it's a PC game. Playing WE9LE on PC means a lot of fuss and bother before you even get to play, and then you have to set up all the stuff---controllers etc.---every time afterwards.

This thread is about PES on consoles, which many people prefer.

I'd like to see PES5 on the PSN. Since my 60GB PS3 dies a few years ago I've had to go to PC for old-school PES action, and like I said, it's a chore to set up each time.

It takes about 15 min to set everything up. The longest part is getting the tools depending on your internet speed. Like I said, I play this game on my 42" sammy plasma hooked via mini hdmi to hdmi tv.

Try it, TRUST ME MATE, I guarantee you....your next gen consoles will be history.

That's the thing. Most people have access to those games if they want to play them anyway. PLus there just has to be inevitable licensing issues.

To the WE9LE folk - is there an update for this season so that squads are updated? I wouldn't mind playing WE9LE for a bit again. I don't think it's the perfect simulation of football that some suggest it is but it's undeniably a very fun game if for nothing else than the old system of being able to customise which teams you want in each league in ML

Patch is in the works and should be released soon.

And what do you think its the perfect simulation mate? PES12?

WE9LE gives you a total realistic way of playing football. That's the real somulation to me. Its simulating a real life like football mechanics.

part of what made pes6 so great is the patches, with kits correct squads and hundreds of balls boots and stadiums.
We wouldn't have that on psn.

It takes about 15 min to set everything up. The longest part is getting the tools depending on your internet speed. Like I said, I play this game on my 42" sammy plasma hooked via mini hdmi to hdmi tv.

Try it, TRUST ME MATE, I guarantee you....your next gen consoles will be history.

I already play WE9LE on PC. It is a very good game indeed. My point was about the convenience of playing on console vs. PC. The console wins every time on that front.

To the WE9LE folk - is there an update for this season so that squads are updated?
You can play with Kris's new patch for the moment. If you wish to play with weplaywe patch, you will have to wait couple more months.

Hehe. You can't imagine how much smile this post brought on my face, and how ironic it is.

The person you are quoting here, iluvnineties, is the person who wrote to me couple weeks ago, and his first question was:
"How can I play this game on PS2, cause I never in my life played on PC, nor even have a PC". :P

So I assume he can tell you all about how it's really not that complicated as "console family" is trying to make, and once you set it up, it's as fast, if not faster to start a game on PC.

Not to mention, you can play this game in incredibly high resolutions, with all new graphical enhancments(if your graphic card allows it), on very big screens, holding a Dual Shock 2/3 in your hand, sitting on a couch. In fact I think that's how iluvnineties is playing it now :P

All is question of setting all up, which I won't deny takes time, but once you have all set up... briliant.

On top of that, you couldn't play we9le on console, unless you have registered Korean version of the game, and also, you wouldn't be able to use patches, as I don't know anybody doing ps2 patches of we9le nowadays.

I'm sure iluvnineties can convince you to try it, based on his expierience. Why do you think I helped him out? To get him to get more guys like him, who never played on PC :P:P:P

Just kidding ;)

Yeah, I've heard of Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution, and no I haven't tried it. And I can't see where I talked about anything but PES5/6 here? Because that's what the question was about wasn't it? Your logic is sooooo good! Apparently I can't prefer PES11/12 over PES5/6 because Winning Eleven Liveware exists? Good one.

I'd be happy to give it a try though.

Oh, and people play Kick Off 2 and SWOS online as well. Guess that means they're even better than WE9LE then.

Also, starting your post by saying "lol" and then offending me and then saying I shouldn't be offended. Yeah, that's not the way to gain my attention. You're only getting me annoyed, and you're not making me want to try WE9LE that way. Try a more polite approach next time.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've heard of Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution, and no I haven't tried it. And I can't see where I talked about anything but PES5/6 here? Because that's what the question was about wasn't it? Your logic is sooooo good! Apparently I can't prefer PES11/12 over PES5/6 because Winning Eleven Liveware exists? Good one.

I'd be happy to give it a try though.

Oh, and people play Kick Off 2 and SWOS online as well. Guess that means they're even better than WE9LE then.

Also, starting your post by saying "lol" and then offending me and then saying I shouldn't be offended. Yeah, that's not the way to gain my attention. You're only getting me annoyed, and you're not making me want to try WE9LE that way. Try a more polite approach next time.

Mate, if I sounded too strong or offensive then accept my sincere appology. What bothers me is peiple complaining about Konami and NEXT GEN PES. Everything Konami Has done on next gen is complete brainwash. It is not a true football game where you are in the control. Its SCRIPTED now days and thethe game developers want you to think the game is realistic because it LOOKS REALISTIC. Do you want to watch aa movie or actually be apart of the movie aand control your own destiny.

I cannot comment on SWOS because it is also one of the greatest RETRO games ever made but we are talking about retro here. Dino Dini a successfull game developer talked to me via emil gew years back. I asked him in his eyes what was the best, most realistic footbal game he told me while neither one of them are 100% real WE9LE is the only football game that puts YOU in the control of the game. Dino Dini said this. If you don't know who he is google him up and ask him the same question mate.

I beg of you tto try this game and see the vision at the end of a tunnel.

Dino Dini a successfull game developer talked to me via emil gew years back. I asked him in his eyes what was the best, most realistic footbal game he told me while neither one of them are 100% real WE9LE is the only football game that puts YOU in the control of the game. Dino Dini said this.
Get out...

Get out...

I am dead serious mate. I actually talked to man several times private email convos. He was about to release a game that would seriously smoke EA and Konami games but it went down the drain because of financial reasons. He personally told me WE9LE was the game he thought was the most realistic game. He praised keepers and said even he has no clclue how they manged to do it so realistic.

I was once playing Kick Off II with dino dini in my caravan and he told me he thought green olives were better than black, I swilled him with my Campari and swiftly slapped him across his chops before throwing him out. If you find this yard to believe, so did Seabas, he threw straight up. Luckily he was already holding a bucket as he deosn't feel comfortable with caravans.

Uhm, it's not exactly some kind impossible fantasy that he's talked to Dino Dini. He's a big talker (with an even bigger head). Not going to take much of what HE says though, because in his mind, his football games are objectively much much better than anything Sensi or SWOS. He also says that Goal! would be more popular than SWOS had it come out first. In other words, his own game Goal!, which me made after he left Anco, which isn't even better than Kick Off 2, is apparently a much better game than SWOS. It's just that we don't know any better.

Oh, and just so I don't start any retro-football game wars here, I love and loved both Kick Off 2 and SWOS.

Last edited:
I was once playing Kick Off II with dino dini in my caravan and he told me he thought green olives were better than black, I swilled him with my Campari and swiftly slapped him across his chops before throwing him out. If you find this yard to believe, so did Seabas, he threw straight up. Luckily he was already holding a bucket as he deosn't feel comfortable with caravans.

Unlike you mate I was iinvolved eith the gaming community, under different namrs. Ask zygalski, fernando and reefur about me. Better yet try to get a hold of Dino and ask him who Denis Crnalic is.

Thanks

Uhm, it's not exactly some kind impossible fantasy that he's talked to Dino Dini. He's a big talker (with an even bigger head). Not going to take much of what HE says though, because in his mind, his football games are objectively much much better than anything Sensi or SWOS. He also says that Goal! would be more popular than SWOS had it come out first. In other words, his own game Goal!, which me made after he left Anco, which isn't even better than Kick Off 2, is apparently a much better game than SWOS. It's just that we don't know any better.

Oh, and just so I don't start any retro-football game wars here, I love and loved both Kick Off 2 and SWOS.

I must agree. He was very cocky at times aand thought very highly about his games. But im sure if I was a develiper oor you or anyone we would do the same thing.

rose-tinted-glasses.jpg

Having PES 5 on PSN would be fine in my opinion. I'd just wish people had kept patching that game instead of PES6!

Although seriously, i think people have just not moved on and grasped the new concept of football realsim. people are still living in the past where realsim was simply a 'slow' football game which played in a certain way, usually slow build up football with the other team backing off. Most players being technical, individuality is there but everyone has close control. Realism was simply both teams trying to out pass eachover.

I apologize to soyo for not playing my matches over at WEplayWE9, my bad, i did enjoy the matches, WE9 is still a great game but just isn't nowhere near as much a simulation as PES 2012, it's not close really. i mean, the games i had. It was pretty much the same thing over and over again. Every play had instant control. Passing is very scripted and limited, stuck on rails, fake shot too effective. Tactics too lob sided (defensive line A is useless, the only was is to drop deep) You have to play the same way and do the same things over and over again, thing is with PES 2011 despite all the issues, that game had moved on from that previous ideology and was present realsim in terms of variety. This explodes in PES 2012!

Realism and simulation has moved on, now it's about first touch, passing freedom and variety and that's how i judge games. PES 2012 even with some annoyances here and there and with a lack of polish makes it's predecessors PES 3,4 5, 6 look like a total joke because of it's freedom of passing, and ESPECIALLY, the number one thing which is ball control and first touch.

Konami shoot themselves in the foot with piss poor marketing, poor translations and some really unprofessional embarrassing bugs (run bug, old database). But in another sense, they can do nothing right in some peoples eyes.

Last edited:
rose-tinted-glasses.jpg

Having PES 5 on PSN would be fine in my opinion. I'd just wish people had kept patching that game instead of PES6!

Although seriously, i think people have just not moved on and grasped the new concept of football realsim. people are still living in the past where realsim was simply a 'slow' football game which played in a certain way, usually slow build up football with the other team backing off. Most players being technical, individuality is there but everyone has close control. Realism was simply both teams trying to out pass eachover.

I apologize to soyo for not playing my matches over at WEplayWE9, my bad, i did enjoy the matches, WE9 is still a great game but just isn't nowhere near as much a simulation as PES 2012, it's not close really. i mean, the games i had. It was pretty much the same thing over and over again. Every play had instant control. Passing is very scripted and limited, stuck on rails, fake shot too effective. Tactics too lob sided (defensive line A is useless, the only was is to drop deep) You have to play the same way and do the same things over and over again, thing is with PES 2011 despite all the issues, that game had moved on from that previous ideology and was present realsim in terms of variety. This explodes in PES 2012!

Realism and simulation has moved on, now it's about first touch, passing freedom and variety and that's how i judge games. PES 2012 even with some annoyances here and there and with a lack of polish makes it's predecessors PES 3,4 5, 6 look like a total joke because of it's freedom of passing, and ESPECIALLY, the number one thing which is ball control and first touch.

Konami shoot themselves in the foot with piss poor marketing, poor translations and some really unprofessional embarrassing bugs (run bug, old database). But in another sense, they can do nothing right in some peoples eyes.

My man, let me explain to you couple of things ok ?

What I consider a realistic, life-like game is:

- when goalkeeper actually knows his role and is a godamn KEEPER. WE9LE perfected goalkeepers that behave, act, save, and play like real life keeper would. There is plenty of evidence of this and just to get you a WOW example of keeper in action here it is: YouTube - WE9LE - Realistic Goalie FK Behaviour & Physics here you go my friend. Now, SHOW ME this in PES12 please ?

Even with their "fancy patch" keepers are still broken and just act stupid, very scripted and automated. Are you happy scoring free kicks from 40 meters ? the ball goes straight through keepers hands ? this is what you call realistic

So besides keepers being piss poor in PES12 here's also couple of things that might enlighten you.

PES12 and FIFA12 do offer what they call "free passing" with power meter. But even with zero bars passing assistance the ball is STILL SCRIPTED. It doesn't matter your body positioning, your right foot, your whole body mechanics, the ball will find your player, not in WE9LE. WE9LE while it doesn't have 360 degree movement (over rated imo), and doesn't have power meter of your passes, it still offers you more realistic passing and here's how:

in real football match, players will use their body balance and the right foot to deliver the ball to their nearest or further away team mate correct ? this is what we9le is build on.

In PES12, good passers or even bad passers will deliver the ball even if they broke their foot and play paralyzed in a wheel chair.

compare shooting pes12 to we9le, its a COMPLETE joke mate and you know it. What about pk system ? Are you in the control of pks ?

and what about mighty player individuality ? in PES12 every team can play and attack like madrid, barca etc. ? this you call realistic ?

Like I described before, the reason why old school gamers still love we9le/pes5 to this day is because we don't care about flashy animations (which by the was pes12 doesn't even have haha) , we dont care about the graphics and how beloved messi and ronaldo look, what we look for is:

how to play the game like we see it on TV.

Now you play PES12 because it MIGHT look like a real match on TV, but when your in the control thats when reality check kicks in.

I read more and more on the forums, how people are starting to dislike PES12. In the beginning its fun, but after some time, true colors come out and people are not stupid.

I rather stick with roots and what works then what I pretend will work and what MUST work because we are in 2011 with powerfull next gen consoles.

If you do some research online, you will see that many Konami developers for WE/PES have left, quit or got hired by EA or simply went gone. Seabass knows this. Nobody even talks about PES anymore. Its all about FIFA why ? because Konami just cannot deliver a proper football game like they did in PS2 era.

here's how I look at it:

ISS 64 and 98 were solid fun fast paced games that smoked FIFA even back years ago.

Winning Eleven 6 J League, Winning Eleven 7, 8 Liveware Evolution, WE8/9: J-League, PES5/WE9 and WE9LE are the best titles Konami produced. Every game scored 9/9.5 even 10/10.

Back then they had developers working with Seabass, people that knew the mechanics of real football and the way it should be played which is put like this:

solid keepers
defenders that play and behave like defenders
utilize midfield game and turf war
make defenders go after the ball instead of acting like they had an 8 ball of coke (pes12)

and forwards. I just played WE9LE online and was INTER. Stankovic played EXACTLY how he does in real life. MAICON played exactly how he does in real life. You feel like your controlling a real footballer, a real human being. Then I tried PES12 and did the same test. MAICON feels like any average player except hes pumped with insane stats, Stankovic felt like he was having cardiac arrest and needed heart defibulator.

So trust me, when it comes to REALISM, WE9LE/PES5 shit all over PES12/FIFA/EA/KONAMI...their daughters, grandfathers, newphers and so on.

What you are trying to say klashman is that in WE9LE there is no other way to win but to play "slow possesion football"?

I apologize to soyo for not playing my matches over at WEplayWE9, my bad,
Well, what you gonna do ;)

It's ok.

i did enjoy the matches, WE9 is still a great game but just isn't nowhere near as much a simulation as PES 2012, it's not close really. i mean, the games i had. It was pretty much the same thing over and over again. Every play had instant control. Passing is very scripted and limited, stuck on rails, fake shot too effective. Tactics too lob sided (defensive line A is useless, the only was is to drop deep) You have to play the same way and do the same things over and over again, thing is with PES 2011 despite all the issues, that game had moved on from that previous ideology and was present realsim in terms of variety. This explodes in PES 2012!
Man, I wouldn't even know where to begin :P, so I'll just leave it to your opinion.

ps. Deffensive line A is useless if someone has no clue how to play with it, has wrong tactical setup which is a must to play with it, and doesn't have good defenders with right characteristics. If it was that easy to play with high defensive line, then why so few teams use it when playing against team with similar, or higher quality?

Sure they can. Just make a game based on realism, not arcadish ping-pong, scripted, unballanced gameplay. As long as that will keep happening I'll keep playing we9le. I mean, noone pays me to play we9le over some other game, I play it cause it's more realistic, and I don't give a damn about graphics and if animation has 3000 frames, or just 100, I care about getting as close looking action as I see it when I watch football on TV.

ps. I see now that iluvnineties wrote pretty same things as me in last paragraph, and I can assure you, that you'll get same answer from all the people who play we9le.

Life is never constant. Time to move on mate. Forget the past.
Well if you had a machine that is working perfectly well and earns you 1000$ a month, and then I would give you a "new" machine, better looking, and made in 2012, and deemed as "new and hip", and it would earn you just 500$, how would you react if I told you "Life is never constant. Time to move on mate. Forget the past."? You would look at me like at an idiot.

To be honest, I don't understand those answers when I get from some people saying how "some people should move on", as if something that is newer makes it by default better. That's complete rubbish and falacy. There is no such thing, as "because it's newer, it's better". Also, why should anybody go with something new, just because it's new? I believe you should go with something new only if that something new is better/works better than something older. If it doesn't, to me it's stupid to play it just because "it's modern".

Also, I'm in the age, and most people playing we9le, when you don't care one bit about how "well Ronaldo looks", or "hey, look at Messis legs, he got scars there, WOW!!!". I seriously don't. When I play football game, I want the game to project REAL FOOTBALL as close as possible, and not in the graphical sense, but gameplay sense.

If it's from 2047, or from 1989, seriusly, who gives a flying f...

cheers

My man, let me explain to you couple of things ok ?

What I consider a realistic, life-like game is:

- when goalkeeper actually knows his role and is a godamn KEEPER. WE9LE perfected goalkeepers that behave, act, save, and play like real life keeper would. There is plenty of evidence of this and just to get you a WOW example of keeper in action here it is: YouTube - WE9LE - Realistic Goalie FK Behaviour & Physics here you go my friend. Now, SHOW ME this in PES12 please ?

Even with their "fancy patch" keepers are still broken and just act stupid, very scripted and automated. Are you happy scoring free kicks from 40 meters ? the ball goes straight through keepers hands ? this is what you call realistic

Keepers are bad in the 1.00 version, but in the 1.01 version they good, up to standard really. The example you showed was patheitc since PES 2011 showed similar realsim with keepers. PES 2011 problem was animations really (awful :CONFUSE: ), not programming.

I haven't played 1.01, then again neither have you. You playeed the demo, got pissed of because the AI was beating you, and deiced to bash the game because your ego couldn't take it you can't master a 'new' which is supposed 'shit' by reputation.

So besides keepers being piss poor in PES12 here's also couple of things that might enlighten you.

PES12 and FIFA12 do offer what they call "free passing" with power meter. But even with zero bars passing assistance the ball is STILL SCRIPTED. It doesn't matter your body positioning, your right foot, your whole body mechanics, the ball will find your player, not in WE9LE. WE9LE while it doesn't have 360 degree movement (over rated imo), and doesn't have power meter of your passes, it still offers you more realistic passing and here's how:

in real football match, players will use their body balance and the right foot to deliver the ball to their nearest or further away team mate correct ? this is what we9le is build on.

In PES12, good passers or even bad passers will deliver the ball even if they broke their foot and play paralyzed in a wheel chair.

I don't understand why you speak so much on PES 2012 yet you show evidance you haven't played the full game or try to change the settings to -2, and 0 bars of passing like i did. I experimented with all the settings and i found that to be the best. For all i know you judging PES 2012 on 0, game speed or +1 game speed. The passing is so far away and better than WE9, it's barley needs describing. WE9 passing is on rails, you can't pass into space with freedom like in PES 2012 or 2011 even! Most importantly in PES 2012, you 'make the ball do the work'. You realsitically build up momentum with it like a real ball.

compare shooting pes12 to we9le, its a COMPLETE joke mate and you know it. What about pk system ? Are you in the control of pks ?

Learn?

and what about mighty player individuality ? in PES12 every team can play and attack like madrid, barca etc. ? this you call realistic ?

Wow, another person who insults me by saying in PES 2012 you can't change the CPU tactics so they play differenlty. I mean i spent so much of last year and made a video if you care to watch 'PES 2011 tactics demonstratiion'. To show what you can do with each team individuallty. i was able to get teams like Stoke and Balckburn to play hoofball. Villa to play counter attack. barca to PLAY like Barca, Arsenal to play 'Sideways pass the other team to death then give it to Sagna to cross out of play'.

Did you know i tired to do this for WE9, and it hopelessly failed! I tried to get barca to play like Barca but instead despite changing their tactics and using arrows i could still with ease dominatethem with Arsenal and other teams on Top Player? On PES 2011, i never beat Barca with the tactics and and others created, just got a draw against them, in a game i had two men sent off (as Real Madrid)

Like I described before, the reason why old school gamers still love we9le/pes5 to this day is because we don't care about flashy animations (which by the was pes12 doesn't even have haha) , we dont care about the graphics and how beloved messi and ronaldo look, what we look for is:

how to play the game like we see it on TV.

You know what forget the rest of your nonsense. I mean i actually really like WE9 and i think it's unfair to compare a game released in 2005 to one reelased in 2011, and the gap between them is huge in PES 2012 favour so it's no shame ont he classic WE9.

The fact is that you conveinently ignored and didn't want to talk about the first touch in WE9, which ias actually good, but again nowhere near the crazy depth of PES 2012, where Division 2 teams with players of 65-70 ball control and poor dribbling and crap passing don't stupidly try stuff they aint capable off, they instead hoof it up to the striker just like most League 2 teams and other lower league teams with crap tecnique do :)

I don't even need to quote the individuallity because in WE9, i know for a fact fake shot is too efective, because of the canned animation which is simply to powerful beacuse of the game is so heavily on rails. Everything else is limited and on rails.

Even the WE9 stamina which has been the best in any game has been matched in PES 2012 now.

Having said this WE9 is still a great game which holds it own! I mean fuck it i might play it again now :))

Which leave me to it's God, or ermm Pope, otherwise known as Soyo :P

What you are trying to say klashman is that in WE9LE there is no other way to win but to play "slow possesion football"?

In the 3 games we played agaisnt eachover, we used three different teams, each time you played with a 4-4-2, (i think it was setup like 4-1-3-2 or a diamond i think. Depspite the difference in the teams qualities and different individualls every match played out pretty much the exact same way. We slowly built from the back, which is beacuse the passing is so god dam slow for the sake of being slow. Which i don't get, the normal ratings are fine, there was no need to slow it down further with global editing. I mean i think in the last one i used kaiserslauten, now they do have decent tecnical players like Moravek, Holousek but in general they a strong physical hardworking team. In PES 2012, you can try pass with them, but to get the best out of them just like in real life, it's best to vary it up and make sure you play long balls to lakic up top, with his strenth you can win headers and lay the ball off.

In WE9, just like i did with Ajax before and Wolfsburg, i just playeds the same way, pass, pass, pass, try some fake shots and 1-2 and look mainly to shoot from angles which scoring was favored. You pretty much played in a smilar way but better :P , and captialised on some really silly mistakes i made because the two last games where pretty even

Now in the old ideology like i said, that WAS realsim! That WAs perfection in a way. Thing is with PES 2011 and PES 2012, they have finally moved on! It's now mirroring the key aspect for football which is playing to your strengths. The key changes aren't just 360 dribbling, passing movement etc.. it's... First touch and ball control! This is what i most love about the last two games. You can only do close control with those who have the stats to perform them, you have to really use R2 wisely with . Also other indivduallty makes it so you don't even bother to run with technical players like xavi, totti etc.. there's no point, use them for their passing, vision and just making space and controlling games. On WE9 with anyone really i used fake shot, was able to dribble without too many issues. Most players have pretty good ball control, mainly because it's on rails, WE9 is old so i can't be harsh on it, i still does a great job with individuallity.

I haven't even got started with the depth witrh dribbling yet :LOL:

ps. Deffensive line A is useless if someone has no clue how to play with it, has wrong tactical setup which is a must to play with it, and doesn't have good defenders with right characteristics. If it was that easy to play with high defensive line, then why so few teams use it when playing against team with similar, or higher quality?

No, i know how to use it and i know the best teams for it, i know a high line is used for attacking teams to pin the opposition in their half, win the ball back quickly and to make the oppostiion play dare, play the difficaulot hollywood balls etc.. i know what it's about, it just there is no point using it because Defensive line C works so well. I find C to be a bit silly to be honest, not just it works so well, it dosen't spoil your attack bbut you literally camp in the 6 yard box :CONFUSE: . In real football a team defending super deep even tends to defend at about 18-10 yards away from their goal. I play as a center back, i know the lines which are acceptable so i have a good idea about defensive lines :)

Sure they can. Just make a game based on realism, not arcadish ping-pong, scripted, unballanced gameplay.

And they have done it, fore PES 2011 even, with PES 2012 it's just you need to make afew tweaks with the ingame settings. On PES 2011 it's so mch about half length. Play 15-20 it's realsim to a good standard. Play 25+ over it's awesome.

With PES 2012, it's about.

Game speed. (needs to be on -2)
Pass assistantce (needs to be 0)
Time Length (the longer the better, 10, 15 is ok, 20 is very good, and 25 + is again, unbeliverble)

With WE9, it's out of the box realsitc, thing is, games are too much about money these days and they need to be set up casual friendly. People aren't making even basic tinkewrs which take, about what? 5-10 secounds at the most to see the simualtion. They hear the bad reputation and they curse.

Not many people have taken the time to see PES 2012 on thise settings, i feel not many really understand it's potential and how good it is.

All i say is just give it a try on these settings man. You will still play WE9 but i believe you will eventually see my point and enjoy new methods of football realsim :) I never expect perfection, i look for the positive things and what i've found i'm happy i had the paitence and open mind to see it :) .

It's about having an open mind!

Back
Top Bottom