PRO EVO WEB LEAGUE SEASON 1 (check out end of 1st post for league Table)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: EVO WEB LEAGUE SEASON 1 (check out end of 1st post for league Table)

jamie_mack said:
...fully deserved lead. Much of the same continued in the second half Arseanl having most of the game but unable to put there chances away, this became there undoing. A long punt forward in injury time caught the Arseanl backline out a powerfull run from Montella gave him the opening Roma craved and he smashed the ball away for a unlikily draw!
lol... i think we played 2 different games.
I thought that the draw was good 4 u.

jamie_mack said:
Berkamp Fires Arseanl Top!

Dennis Berkamp conituned his impressive scoring form as Arsenal moved to the top of the Evo-league. Arseanl had three close games together a double header against Roma and an away trip to manchester United to contend with. The first game against Roma at Highbury was a entertaining encounter some wastfull finishing from Arseanl kept Roma in it unti the 40th minute a RVP frre kick ripped into the net to give Arseanl a fully deserved lead. Much of the same continued in the second half Arseanl having most of the game but unable to put there chances away, this became there undoing. A long punt forward in injury time caught the Arseanl backline out a powerfull run from Montella gave him the opening Roma craved and he smashed the ball away for a unlikily draw!

The return in Italy was a more comftable affair for the gunners an early goal from berkamp eased the nerves in the 17th, but Roma alaways proved a threat with Totti in great form conjouriing chances for Roma and in the 39 min Totti struck to tie up the game. Arseanl pushed on and just before half time a Reyes corner was met by the head of henry to ggive the Londerners a 2-1 half time lead. Arsean continued to push on in the second and a brace for berkamp 51,60 completed the Dutchmans third hat trick of the campaign and gave Arseanl another 3 points!

Next up Ot and a tensce affair agaiainst Man Yoo, United controlled the first half and swept into the league with a wonderfully took goal by Scholes to give them the lead, it stayed like this unitl the secong half when a rejuvinated Arsenal grabbing the equaliser with a low Reyes shot 62, with the momentum in there favour the forward line of Arseanl pushed for the win, it came in the dying seconds of the match, some continued pressure gave Reyes a clear chance that he slooted away and pushed Arseanl to the top of the league!

Reading this kinda news report brought some good memories back mate! 8)

Hello guys nice weekend all?

Right have not had a chance to update the league as yet, but will do so when i get home later.

Jamie i like ur post m8 very intresting.

Guys i have been thinking about including a cup, but how would you guys like it to be set up?

Also i have had only 2 responces from those who joined the league and have not played so next season there teams are up fro grabs, but no PM's now it will all be sorted at the end of the season.

I wouldn´t mind a cup. 2 legs, you make a draw, I would trust you. Standard away-goal rules to apply. No seeded teams.

Ok and then how about a world cup during the off season Or Euro cup?

Now this would be random and all i would do is go into vers mode and press start for random pick on each players names.

What do u think?

World Cup would be great, but random team-selection? I don´t know. You can be lucky or not, but still it´s something I wouldn´t fancy. It´s difficult to pick teams as everyone will go for Brazil, France, Spain, Italy, England, Argentina or the Dutch and the rest is just average. We have to think of a solution for a WC.

That why i would make it random i for one hate playing with brazil. I find it boring and unchallaging.

I could make it so that people at the bottom of the league can pcik 1st and then work backwards or just say that no brail, france, italy, spain, argentian acnt be picked. But then a world cup with out them would be shit.

Or i could relax my views against having more than 1 team and make it so people can freely pick what ever team they want.

Worth a thought, but what if you just restrict each team to 2 or 3 picks? That way everybody will be able to get a good team. Otherwise you will have 10 or 15 people playing with Brazil (although I got more wins against Brazil then against any other team). I also never play with them or Real Madrid. That´s for loosers.

Did you get my PM regarding the 6:0 away win at Rangers?

yddaki said:
lol... i think we played 2 different games.
I thought that the draw was good 4 u.

Football eh its a funny old game! :)

proxi said:
Reading this kinda news report brought some good memories back mate!

Yes doesnt it just! i was thinking that as i was writing it, how the games moved on....! No transfers though which was always the best bit for headlines!

Word cup would be a great idea during the summer, random draw for the teams i think would be the fairest...

Good idea the WORLD CUP, look at this way:
obviously random draw, but using the 9th december fifa draw in Leipzig.
We sign up 32 teams, then draw the 8 groups (from A to H, each one from 1 to 4), then Blatter will assign each player a team. Would be nice to see the live TV draw!
We have just to make some team substitutions (ie. 3 african teams and probably bahrein, but its not a problem).
I would suggest it to open to 2 player mode.
Personally, i dont play tournaments with doubled teams. I would prefer using Iran than playing Brazil vs. Brazil. I think that if someone wants the better team is cause he knos hes weaker, so theres no problem for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

yddaki said:
Good idea the WORLD CUP, look at this way:
obviously random draw, but using the 9th december fifa draw in Leipzig.
We sign up 32 teams, then draw the 8 groups (from A to H, each one from 1 to 4), then Blatter will assign each player a team. Would be nice to see the live TV draw!
We have just to make some team substitutions (ie. 3 african teams and probably bahrein, but its not a problem).
I would suggest it to open to 2 player mode.
Personally, i dont play tournaments with doubled teams. I would prefer using Iran than playing Brazil vs. Brazil. I think that if someone wants the better team is cause he knos hes weaker, so theres no problem for me.
Only problem with this is the league will be well finished before then and so i would like to run the world cup soon after the league finishes.

I can do the draw and im not bothered about who wants to be brazil but what i dont want is people moaning about not having a good team, maybe the best thing to do is for me to get an even balance of teams from each region. And then add a few more europ teams in so it makes it a bit fair.

the World Cup should not be connected with the league, its a totally different affair. If people could possibly suck coz their team is not the best, they should not sign up this 1. I would use the fifa draw coz is the fairest and most exciting way to draw teams. the draw is scheduled the 9th december, theres a lot of time to collect partecipants (that dont give up if they catch iran or ecuador). i would stay the more faithful to the original one (about partecipating teams) coz the more real the more fun for me.

yddaki said:
the World Cup should not be connected with the league, its a totally different affair. If people could possibly suck coz their team is not the best, they should not sign up this 1. I would use the fifa draw coz is the fairest and most exciting way to draw teams. the draw is scheduled the 9th december, theres a lot of time to collect partecipants (that dont give up if they catch iran or ecuador). i would stay the more faithful to the original one (about partecipating teams) coz the more real the more fun for me.
I see ur point yddaki

But what if i get brazil and i dont want them? and the team i want someone else has but does not want to swap?

Im stuck with a team that i will win the tourament wiht, so there is no fun factor for me.

Or anyone else in my position.

A poll could be the right answer.

jamie_mack said:
Football eh its a funny old game! :)

Yes doesnt it just! i was thinking that as i was writing it, how the games moved on....! No transfers though which was always the best bit for headlines!

Word cup would be a great idea during the summer, random draw for the teams i think would be the fairest...
Hope to become available for the pot for that :D Getting my setup soon through the post!

Just a passing comment guys, this is a great thing you have going and even more special when within a forum of cool members, hope it carries on for a long time.

By the looks of the league it will be atleast another couple of weeks to a month before it finishes. Why dont we use the WC draw like stated. However do it now by player names in a random way.

Example: Group 1
Tik
Deacon
Jamie
Fred

Group 2:
Proxi
New_blood
Clockender
Dream

ect/ect.

Now the positions for each player is set in each group and now its up to the real WC draw to see who your are. Would make it a laugh to not only be looking for your countries group ( england supporter - england) but now youll also be looking at it for your own group/team ('bugger, ive got iran, and im in a group with brazil and france!').

I see ur point yddaki

But what if i get brazil and i dont want them? and the team i want someone else has but does not want to swap?

Im stuck with a team that i will win the tourament wiht, so there is no fun factor for me.

Or anyone else in my position.

In response to this i have to say im really enjoying playing with udinese in the CL. Its a lot of fun and am finding it a lot better when i win. With the clubs there are about 10 to 15 that can win the league, yet with countries your looking at about 8. If people get to choose i would think that would dissapoint even more. And if people dont want to play with iran or australia then they dont join. Im sure there are more then enough who have missed or are competing in the CL and evoleague who want to play this aswell.

tiktiktiktik said:
By the looks of the league it will be atleast another couple of weeks to a month before it finishes. Why dont we use the WC draw like stated. However do it now by player names in a random way.

Example: Group 1
Tik
Deacon
Jamie
Fred

Group 2:
Proxi
New_blood
Clockender
Dream

ect/ect.

Now the positions for each player is set in each group and now its up to the real WC draw to see who your are. Would make it a laugh to not only be looking for your countries group ( england supporter - england) but now youll also be looking at it for your own group/team ('bugger, ive got iran, and im in a group with brazil and france!').
this is what i was saying... btw brazil and france cant be in the same group.

tiktiktiktik said:
In response to this i have to say im really enjoying playing with udinese in the CL. Its a lot of fun and am finding it a lot better when i win. With the clubs there are about 10 to 15 that can win the league, yet with countries your looking at about 8. If people get to choose i would think that would dissapoint even more. And if people dont want to play with iran or australia then they dont join. Im sure there are more then enough who have missed or are competing in the CL and evoleague who want to play this aswell.
i know at least 2 people with the right attitude who would love to play with weaker teams that are not in the 2 current tournaments.

I would love to play with a crap international team in a cup competition, the glory of a giant killing would be a great insentive.

i always like playin with weaker teams in leagues.. wc and etc.. because if i win i can always tell because i am good, but if i lose, i could just say because the team sucked, ;)

Well ok i can do the world cup set up

The program i use makes it easy to setup and i will make both league and world cup seperate.

I will create post

What i was hoping is that we could have our own qualifiers where people get drawn into each set group and then u have to qualif out of ur region and then we hold our own world cup.

So say South America have there league and then the top say 3 teams go to the world cup and the 4th place plays against the asian league winner.

That way its our own world cup from the start.

What do you think?

Deacon Brown said:
Well ok i can do the world cup set up

The program i use makes it easy to setup and i will make both league and world cup seperate.

I will create post

What i was hoping is that we could have our own qualifiers where people get drawn into each set group and then u have to qualif out of ur region and then we hold our own world cup.

So say South America have there league and then the top say 3 teams go to the world cup and the 4th place plays against the asian league winner.

That way its our own world cup from the start.

What do you think?

so basically...

a world cup tournament but starting from the qualifying round, like in real life.

sounds wikid if you don't mind doing all the work :)

Yep

If people are up for it, would make great tournement, plus the final cup migth have some major teams missing.

What you lot say?

Should i advertise it?

go for it geeza, how many national teams are there in pes5 anyway?

might be difficult to get 57 ppl, but its well worth a go

go for it man and see what happens

be prepered for a long haul though. I really like the idea, however like what we are seeing with the league and CL, people sign up but either dont or hardly play. slowing down the process. i would be up for the qf round set up and then a eventual WC. Just think it will be hard to do and likely that quite a few will not finish the job.

that's a good idea deacon. It will long some months, hopefully no-one will give up during that period. the problem i see is in qualifying teams from different regions. I explain:
If i use Australia i will have to play only 1 match against a south-american team, if i use japan i'm already in the wc, if i use an european or south-american team i will have to play a lot of matches.
What do u think?

I would also play an original world cup using the fifa draw like mentioned above and in pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom