(PODCAST) The Evo-Web Interviews

You don't? Aren't you Australian?
I always thought you were!
Oh I am, but I wasn't born here. I've been here on and off for a few years between 2000 and 2012, until I finally settled in 2014. I was in Dubai before that, don't know if you remember.

Oh I am, but I wasn't born here. I've been here on and off for a few years between 2000 and 2012, until I finally settled in 2014. I was in Dubai before that, don't know if you remember.

No, I never knew that, brother-
So... Where are you from? Like... originally, lol.

In return, I’ll send you the naked-Zlatan code as soon as my copy arrives. :D

giphy.gif

I'm ok just sending the PM :PP

I have a feeling that the more episodes we are releasing the more repetitive we get.

Are you having that feeling @Chris Davies ? How do you feel when asking the same question over and over again?!
You did manage that pretty good during the first 2 episodes, believe me!!

It I’m just curious... just asking.

I have a feeling that the more episodes we are releasing the more repetitive we get.

Are you having that feeling @Chris Davies ? How do you feel when asking the same question over and over again?!
You did manage that pretty good during the first 2 episodes, believe me!!

It I’m just curious... just asking.
Different people elaborate on different points. Sometimes people have an hour's worth of discussion about 2-3 points, sometimes that's the whole podcast - and it's usually different. If it's not repetitive to listen to yet, hopefully it won't be for the rest of the season. (There will only be a maximum of ten, anyway.)

The answers to the questions steer the conversation in different directions - you should hear me asking counter-questions all the time to keep it fresh...

Different people elaborate on different points. Sometimes people have an hour's worth of discussion about 2-3 points, sometimes that's the whole podcast - and it's usually different. If it's not repetitive to listen to yet, hopefully it won't be for the rest of the season. (There will only be a maximum of ten, anyway.)

The answers to the questions steer the conversation in different directions - you should hear me asking counter-questions all the time to keep it fresh...
Thanks for clarification.

Had the feeling you were kind of a ref. ;)
...no one wants to do it after some time.

Appreciate the podcast big time!!

If I had one wish for future guests and topics (I know how hard you work @Chris Davies and this post post Pes 20) and that is to really nerd it down with @mattmid and @miguelfcp and what they're doing in the retro side.
In my opinion the thread/direction being the most progressive in here,even though it's retro gaming.
Those two guys needs to be put in the spotlight,love to hear all about their thoughts on Pes 1-8 (and newer)

Just a suggestion when the smoke has cleared and the batteries are fresh again Chris

I think things tend to get repetitive when it's always the same two guys on the Podcast.
But if you're constantly inviting new people on and changing the questions, you're bound to get different POVs and ideas.

Bring on the 3rd I say!

If I had one wish for future guests and topics (I know how hard you work @Chris Davies and this post post Pes 20) and that is to really nerd it down with @mattmid and @miguelfcp and what they're doing in the retro side.
In my opinion the thread/direction being the most progressive in here,even though it's retro gaming.
Those two guys needs to be put in the spotlight,love to hear all about their thoughts on Pes 1-8 (and newer)

Just a suggestion when the smoke has cleared and the batteries are fresh again Chris

Kicking myself for not mentioning the two of them in my interview. They deserve huge credit for taking a platform we know and (in the majority) love and doing something completely different with it. Generally, they're the driving force behind the Retro thread, the discovery of which has breathed new life into my appreciation of Golden Era PES to the point where I won't even flinch if PES or even FIFA 2020 is pish.

Kicking myself for not mentioning the two of them in my interview. They deserve huge credit for taking a platform we know and (in the majority) love and doing something completely different with it. Generally, they're the driving force behind the Retro thread, the discovery of which has breathed new life into my appreciation of Golden Era PES to the point where I won't even flinch if PES or even FIFA 2020 is pish.
They are really taking these games to a different level,deserves every bit of credit.
would love to hear an episode or even a few with those lovely guys

Episode Three is available now!
Starring @janguv

This one's my favourite so far, because there are a few disagreements and also a new insight - @janguv plays online in a PES league over at ProEvoNetwork.com so there's a great look at how online play can work when it's done right.

EDIT: In the first couple of minutes I mention where you can record a voice response to each episode - it's Anchor.FM, not Anchor.com... :CONF:It's late...

Enjoy, guys - and try to spread the word if you can!

Last edited:
Starring @janguv

This one's my favourite so far, because there are a few disagreements and also a new insight - @janguv plays online in a PES league over at ProEvoNetwork.com so there's a great look at how online play can work when it's done right.

EDIT: In the first couple of minutes I mention where you can record a voice response to each episode - it's Anchor.FM, not Anchor.com... :CONF:It's late...

Thank you Chris!

I've retweeted it already and will properly check it out tomorrow morning while having some "Mate" at work!.

Starring @janguv

:LOL: What did you do @Chris Davies ?!
At least I have a clue now what you do with those messages. :LOL:
I was so hard laughing in public when I was on my way to work this morning (by foot) and starting listening to the newest ep!
Can’t wait to continue!

Finished EP2, B-Man is always a joy to listen to and shares a lot of opinions with my own. looking forward to hearing some different opinions with this next one however.

I am not sure how many people will answer your question about 'what was the last PES game you put hundreds of hours into" with PES2019 but i thought about it myself how I would answer these questions you are asking and with that one, even suprising to myself the answer would be PES2019 and in the same way as what Janguv has said about being able to find a way to play the game in a way that's enjoyable for yourself. I have done that with PES2019 even though I don't really like the game as such. The only difference I have in this edition of the game is that i am doing it online instead of offline.

Sometimes i find myself thinking why do I bother with doing such a thing, but when it comes down to it, if i am being honest I have done that for years with Master League inventing my own restrictions and rules so that the flaws and stupidness in the games and modes...

waffling here but basically I'm interested to hear how many people will answer PES2019 and what reasons they have for that!

42:10
I thought: "Oh-oh! they finally found you! Better be ready for the straight jacket, freaking Evo-Web lunatics!".

All jokes aside... the difference between how an online player thinks and how an offline one does, it's pretty big.
I think I've never heard an interview to a MyClub fan before.
I found myself disagreeing with like 70% of the claims, ideas and thoughts this guy had, whereas it didn't happen to me on the previous two episodes. I know some of that may be down to personalities and characters of course, but I think it's mostly about how an online player has to think and how offline, Master League fans, do.

Last edited:
I am not sure how many people will answer your question about 'what was the last PES game you put hundreds of hours into" with PES2019 but i thought about it myself how I would answer these questions you are asking and with that one, even suprising to myself the answer would be PES2019 and in the same way as what Janguv has said about being able to find a way to play the game in a way that's enjoyable for yourself. I have done that with PES2019 even though I don't really like the game as such. The only difference I have in this edition of the game is that i am doing it online instead of offline.

Sometimes i find myself thinking why do I bother with doing such a thing, but when it comes down to it, if i am being honest I have done that for years with Master League inventing my own restrictions and rules so that the flaws and stupidness in the games and modes...

waffling here but basically I'm interested to hear how many people will answer PES2019 and what reasons they have for that!
I cant really prove it, but I also think Pes19 was the one I played the most. Or should I say - I tried to find a way to enjoy it.
But there are 3 good things that came from Pes19 for me, personally:
1) I discovered Evo-Web, while looking for a place to rant
2) I learned to play on manual
3) I bought Pes17

As for the podcast - another great episode.
I do agree with @janguv about player cards. I was thinking that all the way until he finally said it out loud.
Its not exclusiveness, its likelihood of something happen.
Like when you have a high ball at odd trajectory. Most players will still try to head it, whereas Zlatan would most likely try some Karate Kid move. This sort of things.

Which one of yous lives next to hospital or something? Couple of times I was slowing down and looking around for an ambulance, when I was driving. But the sound of sirens was in the podcast. :LOL:

42:10
I thought: "Oh-oh! they finally found you! Better be ready for the straight jacket, freaking Evo-Web lunatics!".

All jokes aside... the difference between how an online player thinks and how an offline one does, it's pretty big.
I think I had never heard an interview to a MyClub fan.
I found myself disagreeing with like 70% of the claims, ideas and thoughts this guy had, whereas it didn't happen to me on the previous two episodes. I some of that may be down to personalities and characters of course, but I think it's mostly about how an online player has to think and how offline, Master League fans, do.

Yeah, I mean, in fairness, you did block me on Twitter the other day, so there may be a bit of the whole clashing personalities thing in there :LOL:

Jokes aside, I'm not exclusively an "online" player; I just think ML is too poor to play atm given lack of immersion and rubbish AI.

I cant really prove it, but I also think Pes19 was the one I played the most. Or should I say - I tried to find a way to enjoy it.
But there are 3 good things that came from Pes19 for me, personally:
1) I discovered Evo-Web, while looking for a place to rant
2) I learned to play on manual
3) I bought Pes17

As for the podcast - another great episode.
I do agree with @janguv about player cards. I was thinking that all the way until he finally said it out loud.
Its not exclusiveness, its likelihood of something happen.
Like when you have a high ball at odd trajectory. Most players will still try to head it, whereas Zlatan would most likely try some Karate Kid move. This sort of things.

Which one of yous lives next to hospital or something? Couple of times I was slowing down and looking around for an ambulance, when I was driving. But the sound of sirens was in the podcast. :LOL:

That'll be me :LOL: Apologies! I get used to it, but there's constantly sirens around here!

Back
Top Bottom