Please welcome PES 2009 DEMO PS2 - links inside (!)

I finally got the PS2 demo to work. Only played 3 games so far.

First off, I think it looks better than PES 2008 on PS2. I thought the players had a really weird appearance last year, especially their shoulders, but they fixed that. Also, the turf isn't as grainy as it was last year.

Gameplay seems similar in pace and scoring to PES 5. Though I thought it was a little easier to maintain possession in this game. I was able to dribble by players more easily than in PES 5.

Shooting is difficult. Through 3 games got plenty of shots but I have yet to score.

Overall, it feels really good to play. Familiar yet different.

First off, I think it looks better than PES 2008 on PS2. I thought the players had a really weird appearance last year, especially their shoulders, but they fixed that. Also, the turf isn't as grainy as it was last year.

Gameplay seems similar in pace and scoring to PES 5. Though I thought it was a little easier to maintain possession in this game. I was able to dribble by players more easily than in PES 5.

Shooting is difficult. Through 3 games got plenty of shots but I have yet to score.

well, i didnt saw the last 2 pages...sounds good, thx for the info, i might buy the game!

does that mean tighter games without the huge spaces of pes6/2008 (ps2)

liking that the grass looks better - feel free to keep any impressions coming!

ok, finally got the demo from rapidshare...THANKS SNOWBALL FOR YOUR ALL YOUR TROUBLES needs to be said

The game? played a few games and absolutely LOVED it...havent played 2008 or any demo on a next-gen system so cant judge from that, but HAVE been playing Pro Evo on a ps2 console from the get-go :)

I have an Xbox360 too, but I'm kinda hoping the last PS2 release will still top that version gameplay-wise

And from what I can say now, it looks like a pretty good contender indeed ;)

Last edited:
ok, finally got the demo from rapidshare...THANKS SNOWBALL FOR YOUR ALL YOUR TROUBLES needs to be said

The game? played a few games and absolutely LOVED it...havent played 2008 or any demo on a next-gen system so cant judge from that, but HAVE been playing Pro Evo on a ps2 console from the get-go :)

I have an Xbox360 too, but I'm kinda hoping the last PS2 release will still top that version gameplay-wise

And from what I can say now, it looks like a pretty good contender indeed ;)

is it hard to get it working from rapidshare - does it require loads of fancy pants burning etc that i'm useless at?

also - how does it compare to previous ps2 pes' - does it feel fresh at all?

the face caps someone has posted here really impressed me. ok ok, i'm a fanboy + plus i'm hyped, but do the faces look better than last year? its seems to me they do.

i wanna see more screns. so post some... plz!!!

is it hard to get it working from rapidshare - does it require loads of fancy pants burning etc that i'm useless at?

also - how does it compare to previous ps2 pes' - does it feel fresh at all?

nah its is easy:

first: get the PS2 DEMO ISO by downloading the various parts from Rapidshare and extracting them using WinRar

second: download DVDSCANLITE 3.7 and ISOBUSTER (google them for downloads)

third: use ISOBUSTER to extract the files stored in the PS2 DEMO ISO to a folder

fourth: open DVDSCANLITE 3.7 and set it to DVD in the main screen, then choose OPEN and select all the files in the folder you've selected in step THIRD (after that, let DVDSCANLITE do what it does ;))

fifth: open NERO BURNING ROM and select DVD ISO/UDF as your template to work with...after that has opened its only a matter of dragging and dropping the files from the folder of step 4 (and 3) and burning it at a low speed to a dvd

sixth: ready to play :D

Your other question? yup, gameplay feels fresh and presentation feels Konami

What I mean by that is that the gameplay is top notch and the stats, shirts, faces etc need a good patch or option file
(like always really, so I hope we can get all those previous experts do give their best, for the last, last-gen time ;))

Last edited:
nah its is easy:

first: get the PS2 DEMO ISO by downloading the various parts from Rapidshare and extracting them using WinRar

second: download DVDSCANLITE 3.7 and ISOBUSTER (google them for downloads)

third: use ISOBUSTER to extract the files stored in the PS2 DEMO ISO to a folder

fourth: open DVDSCANLITE 3.7 and set it to DVD in the main screen, then choose OPEN and select all the files in the folder you've selected in step THIRD (after that, let DVDSCANLITE do what it does ;))

fifth: open NERO BURNING ROM and select DVD ISO/UDF as your template to work with...after that has opened its only a matter of dragging and dropping the files from the folder of step 4 (and 3) and burning it at a low speed to a dvd

sixth: ready to play :D

Your other question? yup, gameplay feels fresh and presentation feels Konami

What I mean by that is that the gameplay is top notch and the stats, shirts, faces etc need a good patch or option file
(like always really, so I hope we can get all those previous experts do give their best, for the last, last-gen time ;))

cheers - thanks for both replies!!

will anyone do a patching guide for people like me who have no idea where to start when game comes out - would love to play with a nice pitch on a pes game!!

will anyone do a patching guide for people like me who have no idea where to start when game comes out - would love to play with a nice pitch on a pes game!!

There are loads of tutorials and info all around the web. Google is your best friend. When the game is out, we shall be able to edit/insert some stuff like balls, faces...etc but for the kits and the option files we have to wait until the development of the appropriate tools.

If you're going by that video posted above, it's a misrepresentation of the actual game speed (ie it appears faster than it is).

It would be nice if someone could make a decent quality video of the PS2 demo and show the true speed. I hope it's slower than 2008.

I think the game is too fast on ps2...Other than that it is perfect

its not fast re xaxa

its OK its 100% normal speed...

dont look the video from youtube..it has a weird effect

i have the demo ..and its not fast at all..id say its more slow than fast

anyways tha game pace is perfect..and cant wait for the full game ..to play some REAL football and not that next gen robotic crap

Last edited:
please help me after i gravig the cd and puted in my ps 2 i look no data :BLINK: please whats the problem i think is not problem of graving please help me thanx :PRAY:

how do you know man? From the demo?

Wwhy is it the best? I'm getting the PS2 version too BTW. It's all about gameplay for me and my mates, screw the asthetics.

Here's a list of the club teams from the PS2 demo:

Game is great improvement over 2008:)

ARSENAL
ASTON VILLA
BLACKBURN
BOLTON
CHELSEA
EVETON
FULHAM
HULL
LIVERPOOL
MAN CITY
MAN UTD
MIDDLESBROUGH
NEWCASTLE
PORTSMOUTH
STOKE CITY
SUNDERLAND
TOTTENHAM
WEST BROMICH ALBION
WEST HAM
WIGAN
AUXERRE
BORDEAUX
CAEN
GRENOBLE
LE HAVRE
LE MANS
LILLE
FC LORIENT
LYON
MARSEILLE
MONACO
NANCY
NANTES
NICE
PSG
RENNES
ST ETTIENNE
SOCHAUX
TOULOUSE
VALENCIENNES
ATALANTA
BOLOGNA
CAGLIARI
CATANIA
CHIEVO
FIORENTINA
GENOA
INTER
JUVENTUS
LAZIO
LEECE
AC MILAN
NAPOLI
PALERMO
REGGINA
ROMA
SAMPDORIA
SIENNA
TORINO
UDINESE
ADO DEN HAAG
AJAX
AZ
FEYENOORD
GRAFSCAPP
GRONINGEN
HEERENVEEN
HERACLES
NAC
NEC
PSV
RODA
SPARTA ROTTERDAM
FC TWENTE
UTRECHT
VITESSE
VOLENDAM
WILLEM II
ALMERIA
ATLETICO BILBOA
BARCELONA
SEV VERDE
DEPORTIVO
ESPANYOL
GET AZUL
GIJ ROJO
RHU AZUL
MAD ROJO
REAL MADRID
MLG BLANCO
MALLORCA
NUM ROJO
PAMP ROJO
SANT BLANCO
SEVILLA
VAL NARANGJA
VALL VIOLETA
VILLAREAL
ANDERLECHT
CLUB BRUGGE
STANDARD LIEGE
DINAMO ZAGREB
SLAVIA PRAGUE
BRONDBY
COPENHAGEN
HELSINKI
OLYMPIAKOS
PANATHINAIKOS
AEK ATHENS
ROSENBORG
SBENFICA
PORTO
SPORTING
STEAU BUCARESTI
CFR CLUJ
SPARTAK MOSCOW
ZENIT ST PETERSBURG
CELTIC
RANGERS
CRVENA ZVEZDA
AIK
IFK GOTENBORG
HAMMARBY
BASEL
BESIKTAS
FENERBACHE
GALATASARAY
SHAKTHAR DONETSK
DYNAMO
BOCA
RIVER
INTERNACIONAL
PES UNITED
WE UNITED
BABILANYA FC
ATL. CLUB SALSABIE

National teams:

AUSTRIA
BELGIUM
BULGARIA
CROATIA
CZECH REP
DENMARK
ENGLAND
FINLAND
FRANCE
GERMANY
GREECE
HUNGARY
IRELAND
ISRAEL
ITALY
NETHERLANDS
NORTHEN IRELAND
NORWAY
POLAND
PORTUGAL
ROMANIA
RUSSIA
SCOTLAND
SERBIA
SLOVAKIA
SLOVENIA
SPAIN
SWEDEN
SWITZERLAND
TURKEY
UKRAINE
WALES
CAMEROON
IVORY COAST
EGYPT
GHANA
NIGERIA
SENEGAL
SOUTH AFRICA
TUNISIA
CANADA
COSTA RICA
MEXICO
USA
ARGENTINA
BRAZIL
CHILE
COLOMBIA
ECUADOR
PARAGUAY
PERU
URUGUAY
AUSTRALIA
CHINA
IRAN
JAPAN
SAUDI ARABIA
SOUTH KOREA
THAILAND
UAE
CLASSIC ENGLAND
CLASSIC FRANCE
CLASSIC GERMANY
CLASSIC ITALY
CLASSIC HOLLAND
CLASSIC ARGENTINA
CLASSIC BRAZIL

Just played some matches. Loved the pace and the little changes they've made on the gameplay and on the graphics (the faces and bodys, the uniforms and the nets!). Yet again, I think this is gonna be the best version.

I tried these demos:
- PES 2009 PS3, X360 and PC versions
- FIFA 09 PS3 and X360 versions

IMHO this PS2 demo is by far the best version.
It is not next gen, ok, but it still rocks!
My two cents.

i think you`re right!
i bought the PS3 version yesterday and it really is not as good as even last year's PS2 version! the animations are not as smooth, the referees make quite a lot of mistakes, the manual player selection is gone, making defending near impossible...

seems like i'll be playing the PS2 version another year - this really sucks!
konami, just give us the PS2 version with better graphics, keep the better gameplay, get rid of the robotic animations from the PS3 version and finally scrab the irritating noises when player touch the ball, have physical contact etc.

just 14 days until the PS2 version...

Back
Top Bottom