Playstation MOVE thread

It's been out a week pbo! Get with the program!
:P
It's really very good as well. Some slight niggles with a couple of the gestures but only rarely for me. The action bits and the tense moments are fantastic.

There was a bit where you have to get out of an upturned car and you have to undo your seatbelt. It makes you hold the Move button AND triangle which means you have to reach across with your other hand. Meanwhile onscreen the character is trying to undo the seatbelt with both hands. I thought that was very clever manipulation of the player.

Last edited:
It's been out a week pbo! Get with the program!
:P
It's really very good as well. Some slight niggles with a couple of the gestures but only rarely for me. The action bits and the tense moments are fantastic.

There was a bit where you have to get out of an upturned car and you have to undo your seatbelt. It makes you hold the Move button AND triangle which means you have to reach across with your other hand. Meanwhile onscreen the character is trying to undo the seatbelt with both hands. I thought that was very clever manipulation of the player.

Oh! Thought it was the 28th the patch for the original game? Doh :(

It looks good and all but would've loved it for HP as well. The game will be out on PS3 so why not make it compatible? Does the 360 have an exclusive? That would be shit really.

They're probably going to bring out a Move compatible HP game a few months down the line. Get everyone to buy the usual HP game and then milk the franchise for more later.

Jimmy, check out DSP's channel. He's doing all things PS Move this weekend - bought all the release titles and all the gadgets.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DSPGaming

Cheers Matt, I bought this last week with two Move controllers and Sports Champions. I really like it, much better than the Wii. I had the lads over last Thursday, as usual, and we played the French Bowls, 2v2, what a game that was, so much fun and great crack. I love the Archery as well, brilliant with two controllers. Very impressed for the most part. I'm having a bit of a mad session on Saturday night, I will be in some state, and I can see this getting as hammered as me. :)

They're probably going to bring out a Move compatible HP game a few months down the line. Get everyone to buy the usual HP game and then milk the franchise for more later.

Don't want to buy the game again for sure. A simple patch would do.

Our lads night was a little short on numbers last night due to holidays and work. So, with only the 3 of us, we put on Sports Champions. We had a cracking 3 player game of Frisbee Golf, then put on the Archery and the Silver Challenge Mode. Jeez, we played it for 4 hours solid, finally at midnight, we finished it. I think the fact we played it for so long is testament to its potential longevity. Great fun, great crack, very impressed.

Can you play games with more that 4 players?

On Wii its so frustrating playing bowling with only 4 of us etc.

re jay # for some yeah. anything that you can pass the pad and take turns on. so golf, that bowls one and erm.. maybe thats it?

Last edited:
Can you play a multiplayer game of sports champion with one controller?

It depends which game Jay.

We played Frisbee Golf with everyone sharing one controller, it's the same with French Bowls. We played with 2 controllers for the Archery as it's so much better that way, and took turns trying to beat the CPU over 10 levels, Silver Mode was very challenging and great fun. You can play 2 Player Archery, but you need 4 controllers.

The Gladiator game is best played with two controllers per player, the same goes for the Volleyball. Table Tennis only requires one pad per player.

Edit - As far as I could see Bobby, it's 4 players maximum, and that varies with the game choice.

Had a buddy over lastnight and we had a smashing time. In fact I eventually told him to piss off as I didn't get my PES time in lol.

All the Sports champ events are nice except the bowls and I absolutely suck at frisbee, which is wierd as I can through a real frisbee pretty well.

It depends which game Jay.

We played Frisbee Golf with everyone sharing one controller, it's the same with French Bowls. We played with 2 controllers for the Archery as it's so much better that way, and took turns trying to beat the CPU over 10 levels, Silver Mode was very challenging and great fun. You can play 2 Player Archery, but you need 4 controllers.

The Gladiator game is best played with two controllers per player, the same goes for the Volleyball. Table Tennis only requires one pad per player.

Edit - As far as I could see Bobby, it's 4 players maximum, and that varies with the game choice.

I wonder why they do this? its the same on the wii. So many times we have 5-6 people around, but can only play 4 player bowling/archery etc. Really fucking annoying! I was hoping the move and kinect etc would let you have more people playing at a time. Why is it limited to 4?!

Let me bring you back in time to E3 2009, where we debuted a little tech demo for a brand new motion control platform, later to become what we now all know and love as the PlayStation Move. In the tech demo you could sword fight with a skeleton (anyone remember tickling the skeleton’s chin with the sword blade?), use dual handed throwing stars, and shoot arrows at an endless parade of skeletons. Most of the mechanics in the demo were the basis of a title that was, at the time, only a work in progress, but would become Sports Champions.

5042295395_1a1559c43e.jpg

Well, our skeletons have finally been let out of the closet again with a brand new Sports Champions DLC pack called the Haunted Pack, available for sale through the PlayStation Store on Tuesday, October 5 for $4.99. The new content includes three new frightful characters that are playable in all six events, as well as new spooky equipment for each of the sports.

Read More:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/04/coming-to-psn-tuesday-sports-champions-haunted-dlc/

Is the camera supposed to be really grainy? Not sure if it's to do with lighting or not, but it's REALLY grainy.

Also tried the TV Superstars demo and it asked me to record a catchphrase. No matter how loud, or close I got, it just played back a kinda beep sound and no vocals whatsoever.

have you set the input device to be the camera in the errr... some tab on the system part. (you can do it when in game). I think its on manage devices or something. The one where you can adjust the volume of a heat set.

Ah, will have a look at that, cheers. Hope it's not a problem with the camera, the strange beep is a bit weird.

Girlfriend enjoyed "Start The Party", especially the painting game. Demo of Sporting Champions is decent, table tennis is pretty good fun.

Ah, will have a look at that, cheers. Hope it's not a problem with the camera, the strange beep is a bit weird.

Girlfriend enjoyed "Start The Party", especially the painting game. Demo of Sporting Champions is decent, table tennis is pretty good fun.

Found all of sports champions pretty fun, frisbey was especially good and better than the wii version. Tiger woods was hit and miss (literally) but not tried it much since.

Still happy I got move though, be interesting to see how the head tracking works in gt5 and also more games that support move, especially fps's.

Have you got the full version of Tiger Woods? I couldn't even choose the Move as an option. I could scroll across to show it as an option, but when I press circle, it still keeps the wireless controller. Very odd.

Have you got the full version of Tiger Woods? I couldn't even choose the Move as an option. I could scroll across to show it as an option, but when I press circle, it still keeps the wireless controller. Very odd.

Yea, the implementation in it is very clunky indeed. If I recall, you still need the dual shock to navigate menus, which is absolute bollocks.

Feels very tacked on, I assume tiger 12 will be built with move in the forefront and controller as an option.

Not yet, supposed to be garbage though. The mechanics of the game are fine enough but no modes and no real long-term play in it.

Anything coming up in the next couple of months I should give a shit about?

Got Heavy Rain, Sports Champs, Ruse and a couple of the downloads. Seems to have ground to a halt at the moment though?

Back
Top Bottom