Playstation MOVE thread

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Though this might merge into the PS3 thread, I thought given its uniqueness it might be better out in the open for a while?

Anyways, anyone getting it today (or already have it?).

Thinking of taking my Wii into Game and trading it in for a couple of controllers. I already have TW11 for PS3 and Heavy Rain, so they should be enabled straight away.

Will post back later any thoughts...

I think I'll wait for better games on it first. I usually buy all official peripherals as soon as they come out, even the useless ones like Wii Fit. But I will have to pass on this one. FIFA and PES coming out and my LIVE is about to expire so all my money is going there.
But for some reason, if Epic Games released an update for Unreal Tournament 3 that made this compatible with it, I'd pick it up straight away.

Move actually works better with bad lighting.

Bright sunlight makes it difficulty for the camera to spot the glowing ball on the end, so you have to shut your curtains or do something else to block the bright light out.
-

I picked it up this morning - Gamestation were doing an extra 20% on trade ins so I went crazy with the rubbish I had an got a load of stuff, controllers games charging station and only paid out £26 in the end. for that I have the move controller, a navigation one, sports champions and the charging station thing which is mains powered so I can charge 2 pads without having to use both usb slots.

I've not played much yet - just a few games but I spent ages this week downloading all of the demos so i'll try them later.

Eye pet move
It basically plays the same so far. The wand replaces the magic card but we've had to start a fresh game off so we don;t have all of the toys and things unlocked the try out yet. so far just the basics. It will be easier for our 3 year old to play it now as the game doesn't stop working if you give the remote to someone who is cack handed and turns in in on itself or upside down.

Sports Champion.
Pretty much what you'd expect. Motion controlled sports games. table tennis works great. Archery works out as you'd expect... im still on the training/basic parts of the game so everything is assisted or has help indicators so later when I advance through it may prove to be a challenge and feel like a real game rather than one of these mini game compilations like the wii sports game felt like.

Tumble (ps store)
I keep having trouble with the calibration on this one. I'll play it but then when I turn it off and then go back the calibration has gone wonky. I'm. I think the problem is me sitting on the floor playing rather than standing further back - but my move controller battery was dead so i had to sit with it plugged in charging. I'll try again once it's charged but when it DOES work it's an alright game. you basically move blocks around and have to build a tower but it gets harder as you go with different shapes messing up what you had planned. The motion control is spot on too.

So far good stuff... but a very lacklustre launch range. Hopefully high velocity bowling works okay with this but I won't know until this huge download has finished.

Just tried it at a mates house with Sports Champions, Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and Heavy Rain: Move Edition.

After hearing nothing but positive things from the reviews of PlayStation Move I was happy to see that these views were warranted. The level of precision is unbelievable and really is far superior to the Nintendo Wii remote even with Motion Plus. Sports Champions is a nice game but its not extraordinary. I was very impressed by the table tennis game and the sword fighting game.

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition is extremely fun with move support. Plays similar to Resident Evil 4 on the Wii but with a higher level of precision. The shooting mechanics work very well and there was minimal lag which was extremely impressive. If you haven't played RE5 before I recommend picking this up. Its only £14.95 from ShopTo.

Heavy Rain: Move Edition. A title which is still my Game of the Year so far and its benefited from the use of PlayStation Move. Once again its not WOW, but it does add to the game and does help you become more immersed.

Overall I was very much impressed by PlayStation Move. Im happy to see so many games support it at launch with lots more coming in the future such as MAG, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3 etc. Its great to see hardcore titles for the platform being developed in combination with Move something which cant be said currently for Kinect. I would recommend purchasing the Navigation Controller. Its far better suited than using a DualShock 3 and its only £20. Will be picking this up myself next week. :)

Got mine earlier today, traded in loads of wii stuff (but not the wii as I forgot the av lead.. Doh!). Anyway, got controller, "the thing Game cannot call a nun chuck", and sports champions.

As said above, it is very precise, very smooth and I've had no issues at all with it. Sports champions is pretty decent and of course table tennis is the pick, but the other games look decent. Had a quick go of tw11 and couldn't get 100% power, but I am sure that is either due to where/how I am standing and needing calibration, or just my poor swing as it is VERY accurate mapping (even going as far as moving the onscreen arms in and out of the body to match yours).

Just firing up heavy rain and hoping this patch adds move support? Or do I have to buy a whole new version?

Aha not *this* patch that I just downloaded. The move patch is released next week, so that should be good!

Ah yes your right. I was playing the disc version of Heavy Rain: Move Edition (albeit a promo copy).

I got two Moves with Ruse. Played Sports Champs, Heavy Rain, Echochrome 2 and Ruse all as demos, before picking up Tumble after enjoying the demo.

All very good I have to say, as far as the Move tech is concerned. I wouldn't buy Sports Champs but I really liked the frisbee and pimping physics, very very satisfying. Also thought Ruse was a great example of Move being used for RTS gaming though wouldn't say it gives you a massive advantage, as Ruse gets normal controls bang on too.

A pretty light (oh yes) start software wise but the Move itself is seriously good. Will be nice to play more games specifically designed to use it rather than tacked on over 5 weeks or so.

Just a quick one, do you need the Navigation controller as well for games like Tiger Woods or the Sports game ? I'm assuming the Navigation controller is Sony's version of the Nunchuk ?

I bought one of those only to find that hardly anything supports the bloody thing. I think only Resi Evil 5 uses it but I could be wrong. sports champions doesn't use it at all.. just 1 or 2 of the ball wand things.

Not a big FPS fan but with the combination of a Move Gun I think that will be awesome :...

img.php

I bought one of those only to find that hardly anything supports the bloody thing. I think only Resi Evil 5 uses it but I could be wrong. sports champions doesn't use it at all.. just 1 or 2 of the ball wand things.

Yea, gutted I brought the nav instead of a second wand. Just as my payment went through, the dude at the till next to me asked about that and the assistant said "oh, you dont need that, no games use it" which I thought was odd as A) he lost a sale and B) surely archery at least used it? Sucker!

Get home, fire up archery and find it needs 2 wands, not the nav :(

Anyways, played more of Sports Champions now and really like it, think for what it is (throw away mini games), they've done a great job on it.

I will give TW11 another go later as I realised I had my camera on the red setting!

Oh, also downloaded Tumble (bit frustrating, Boom Blox does it better) and The Shoot, which was ok, but would be better with a gun attachment no doubt.

Still, overall, for the first next gen motion controller to hit the market, I think it does an excellent job. I just cannot see Kinect being able to be as accurate without lag or missed frames etc.

The navigation controller will work with more games in the future and is better suited than using the DualShock 3 in combo with the Move controller.

Guessing SOCOM and Killzone 3 will use the NAV controller. Plus you cant really call it a Nunchuk, as it's not actually connected to the wand unlike the Nunchuk and the Wii-mote.

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition is extremely fun with move support. Plays similar to Resident Evil 4 on the Wii but with a higher level of precision. The shooting mechanics work very well and there was minimal lag which was extremely impressive. If you haven't played RE5 before I recommend picking this up. Its only £14.95 from ShopTo.

I have the original version of RE5, which has been (criminally) mostly unplayed. Do you know if it would work with a move controller, with a patch?

Im not 100% sure mate but I heard that you need to buy the Gold Edition and then download the patch.

The patch does not work on regular copies of RE5. A bit of a joke really but its Capcom's way of squeezing even more money out of the franchise.

Thanks, I also got confirmation from gamefaqs that it's only compatible with the Gold edition. Just my luck, I figured this was a game I could get the Move for since I never had a proper go since buying it 1 1/2 years ago but then it looks like I need to get the game as well, And this of course makes my old RE5 next to worthless for selling it again.

Then there is Heavy Rain, but some previews suggested the move wasn't properly implemented... I will wait for further comments on that one.

Bit of advice guys, do I really need two of these 'Move' controllers ? I was thinking of going an getting a couple today, just because I'm a little impulsive like that. What is the Bowling game like (demo) ? And will I need to buy the Sports game, or is there much variety on the demo ?

It's just for a bit of drunken fun with the missis, and the lads when they come over for a session. I did have a Wii fully chipped, 4 controllers, all the bits and bobs, over £500's worth, and never really used it. So I sold it on the cheap. I fancy this though as an alternative.

How much do Game or Gamestation give for Wii's? Only problem is I don't have boxes for it or anything. Been playing "start the party" at my bro's, its really cool how it all look's much better than the Wii that I used twice I think.

Your probably looking at 50-60 quid for the Wii, it doesnt matter about the boxes though. I would say you would be better trying to sell the Wii on ebay.

My arm hurt too much from playing sports champions so I had to stop playing for a few days to recover. Then Dead Rising came out so I've been busy with that.

I thought this would be perfect for Harry Potter next iteration, but to my surprise they ain't making it compatible :(

It would make perfect sense sales wise to release a special Harry Potter PS Move bundle. I imagine the amount of them selling would be huge.

I don't get why they're not doing this.

So it's been 10 days since the last comment, is everyone bored with this already?

F1 2010, Civ 5 and PES demo have done it for me :D

But its still great tech, Sports Champions is still fab - and IIRC, the patch for Heavy Rain is out today, so will definitely try that.

Back
Top Bottom