Play.com is shipping now...

has anyone who has ordered from play had their orders dispatched yet or or received theirs yet? or is this a ploy to get those last minute orders??

has anyone who has ordered from play had their orders dispatched yet or or received theirs yet? or is this a ploy to get those last minute orders??

It is a little bit of kidology, put it that way. The 'shipping' period lasts several days instead of several hours. It happens every year with Play.com, and every year they get takers. Although there is a chance this year that all the online retailers will dispatch early because of this week's postal strikes across the UK. I remember that happening one year as well.

It is a little bit of kidology, put it that way. The 'shipping' period lasts several days instead of several hours. It happens every year with Play.com, and every year they get takers. Although there is a chance this year that all the online retailers will dispatch early because of this week's postal strikes across the UK. I remember that happening one year as well.

Perhaps Play.com have been issued this, too :

ea.jpg

Also, off topic slightly, but that Houchen diving header still brings back horrible memories of '87. Gary Mabbutt own goal to seal our fate.

My order with GAME has also moved forward a notch, and my credit card has been charged. I think the postal strike is working for us this year! I wouldn't be surprised, though, if this is just all the online retailers nervously locking all the preorders in place, making it very tough to cancel if you get the game from another source.

My order with GAME has also moved forward a notch, and my credit card has been charged. I think the postal strike is working for us this year! I wouldn't be surprised, though, if this is just all the online retailers nervously locking all the preorders in place, making it very tough to cancel if you get the game from another source.

I'm a little worried with this postal strike. I hope my game doesn't get stuck somewhere on the way to Denmark.

If that is accurate, you should - in theory - be able to go to any Tesco store and just buy over the counter.

I work at a Tesco store and we dont even have the games delivered yet, they wouldnt be in till later this week.
And even if by chance they had come in early and you tried to buy it over the counter, the till computer with reject it the moment you scan it.
I remember when our batch of Halo 3 came in early so I get to the back and grabbed a copy 2 days before release and tried buying it along with some food for my lunch break and the till got an error message telling them to refuse to serve me.

From GAME.co.uk

29/09/2009 Your order has been dispatched.
29/09/2009 Your order is currently being picked and packed.

:)

Most of you will probably get it tomorrow IMO. I usually get stuff from Play.com a day early every now and then.

Play.com deliveries take two days from dispatch to arrival.

So if it was dispatched yesterday, expect it tomorrow.

Also, I never know if it's despatch or dispatch. Either or, I guess.

Last edited:
Spelbutiken.se shipped the UK version to me today, so it should be with me tomorrow hopefully even though it's supposed to not be sold before Friday as it's the UK version :)

Play.com deliveries take two days from dispatch to arrival.

So if it was dispatched yesterday, expect it tomorrow.

Also, I never know if it's despatch or dispatch. Either or, I guess.
I've had a few things from them the next day.

I just had an e-mail from ShopTo to say it's been despatched first class, signed for.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Yeah, this is the first time it looks like Gameplay are going to let me down. Mine is still "Ordered", so no chance of delivery tomorrow, which would have been the norm with them.

Anyone know if Tesco are definitely doing a £29.99 deal for FIFA10 from Friday? If so, it makes sense for me to cancel my Gameplay order, which now cannot reach be before Friday, and save nearly £10 into the bargain!

Well, this is the first and last time I order from ShopTo as the Postie has been but not delivered FIFA!

Looks like I'll be heading to Asda tonight and then sending my ShopTo order back :-(

Well, this is the first and last time I order from ShopTo as the Postie has been but not delivered FIFA!

Looks like I'll be heading to Asda tonight and then sending my ShopTo order back :-(

In fairness, once it leaves the ShopTo warehouse its out of their hands. So you can't really blame them for it not turning up - its the bloody Royal Mail!

Like I said in the FIFA 10 thread, I ALWAYS use ShopTo and this is the first time a game hasn't turned up on the Thursday. Guess thats the postal strikes taking their toll.

Back
Top Bottom